talking points

Guest ko

Well Billy Boy, if O'Reilly is so dangerous with all the vicious lies he's spreading, this country is in serious, serious trouble. As the #1 cable news guy, think of the millions of viewers he's indoctrinating every evening. Soon we'll be overrun with an army of radical right-wing zombies and we won't be able to avoid the

freedom to think and choose our own healthcare in the private market. What would our Founding Fathers have thought about that predicament??

Yes, the country is in serious trouble because of people like O'Reilly and the nitwits who don't critically examine what he says. Tragically, you've described it quite well.

You can read it all in Mein Kampf. Propaganda must always be directed toward the masses, the message must be kept simple and if you say something often enough, people will believe it. The big lie is the easiest to sell. It's exactly how the right wing media has learned to operate. "Death panels" get taken seriously, even though it's completely ridiculous and completely fabricated. Anything critical of government draws large audiences and tragically it conditions how people think. And once they believe it, you can't talk them out of it - because the belief isn't coming from a reasoned analysis of the facts, it's coming from fear. You can't reason with fear, or ignorance.

The message is simple. "Government is bad." Everyone knows that government is inefficient and often corrupt, so it's an easy message to sell. So people have a conflict. "Keep government out of health care and keep your hands off my Medicare!" They don't even recognize the contradiction. Meanwhile, the private insurance companies are stealing us all blind and no one seems to care.

The Founding Fathers were leery about the ability of ordinary people to govern themselves. Probably they would say this is what they were worried about.

Guest 2smart4u
Yes, the country is in serious trouble because of people like O'Reilly and the nitwits who don't critically examine what he says. Tragically, you've described it quite well.

You can read it all in Mein Kampf. Propaganda must always be directed toward the masses, the message must be kept simple and if you say something often enough, people will believe it. The big lie is the easiest to sell. It's exactly how the right wing media has learned to operate. "Death panels" get taken seriously, even though it's completely ridiculous and completely fabricated. Anything critical of government draws large audiences and tragically it conditions how people think. And once they believe it, you can't talk them out of it - because the belief isn't coming from a reasoned analysis of the facts, it's coming from fear. You can't reason with fear, or ignorance.

The message is simple. "Government is bad." Everyone knows that government is inefficient and often corrupt, so it's an easy message to sell. So people have a conflict. "Keep government out of health care and keep your hands off my Medicare!" They don't even recognize the contradiction. Meanwhile, the private insurance companies are stealing us all blind and no one seems to care.

The Founding Fathers were leery about the ability of ordinary people to govern themselves. Probably they would say this is what they were worried about.

"Propaganda must always be directed toward the masses". You're right about that, did you read that Chairman Obama will propagandize to grammar school kids next wednesday nationwide via the internet? BTW, there's also a nationwide movement to pull their kids out of class that day. One other BTW, Chairman

Obama's approval has dropped again, down to 43%.

"Propaganda must always be directed toward the masses". You're right about that, did you read that Chairman Obama will propagandize to grammar school kids next wednesday nationwide via the internet? BTW, there's also a nationwide movement to pull their kids out of class that day. One other BTW, Chairman

Hmmm......would that be anything like when GW was reading "My pet Goat" to school children on 9/11? and then sat there after being notified the country was under attack.

Your bullshit is growing tiresome. The republicans lost the election. It's done. Get over it already! I even gave Bush the benefit of the doubt this early in his presidency.

Well, when W's approval was in the low 30's with 2 years left in his presidency, we had to deal with him for a bit longer. So I guess you'll have to live with our guy for a while. But if you want to be miserable for the next 3+ years, feel free.

You're lying again. President Obama's latest approval rating, according to a compilation of the major national polls, is 52.8%. You don't provide any link to support your claim. Here's a link that proves you're lying. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ot...roval-1044.html

You're also lying about his upcoming statement to school children. He's going to tell them about the importance of getting a good education. When the message is delivered, we'll download it here and prove to everyone that you're lying.

What you just did is a perfect example of lying right-wing propaganda politics today.

So let the parents pull their kids out of school. That's their right. Heaven forbid parents expose their kids to different points of view. I love how people are spinning this story. He's addressing kids on the importance of staying in school but his critics are saying he will use this speech as a way of toting his liberal views.

Have we sunk so low that we are now using kids as political leverage? Well, yes we are. Has anyone seen the "Defeat the Debt" commercial? Using kids to mock the Pledge of Allegiance. How disgusting. If the DNC had produced a similar commercial on issues that were important to them, they'd be blasted from the right as unpatriotic.

Then again, people who are educated are called "liberal" and "elitist." We wouldn't want that - intelligent people walking around, people with the ability to reason and analyze complex issues running the country, people who got good grades in school making tough decisions. No....we'd be much better off with the guy you'd rather have a beer with or that's just like "average Americans" or "Joe the plumber." Give me a break.

Guest 2smart4u
So let the parents pull their kids out of school. That's their right. Heaven forbid parents expose their kids to different points of view. I love how people are spinning this story. He's addressing kids on the importance of staying in school but his critics are saying he will use this speech as a way of toting his liberal views.

Have we sunk so low that we are now using kids as political leverage? Well, yes we are. Has anyone seen the "Defeat the Debt" commercial? Using kids to mock the Pledge of Allegiance. How disgusting. If the DNC had produced a similar commercial on issues that were important to them, they'd be blasted from the right as unpatriotic.

Then again, people who are educated are called "liberal" and "elitist." We wouldn't want that - intelligent people walking around, people with the ability to reason and analyze complex issues running the country, people who got good grades in school making tough decisions. No....we'd be much better off with the guy you'd rather have a beer with or that's just like "average Americans" or "Joe the plumber." Give me a break.

All of the liberals I know are no more intelligent than any conservatives or independents I know. And if you think you can reason and analyze better than a conservative, you couldn't prove it by your choice of president.

All of the liberals I know are no more intelligent than any conservatives or independents I know. And if you think you can reason and analyze better than a conservative, you couldn't prove it by your choice of president.

Amen, brother.

Our Choice of President? Tell me Einstein, what was so great about your savior GW? Be specific and don't lie.

Well Billy Boy, if O'Reilly is so dangerous with all the vicious lies he's spreading, this country is in serious, serious trouble. As the #1 cable news guy, think of the millions of viewers he's indoctrinating every evening.

Though you intended that as sarcasm, you've inadvertently hit the nail square on the head.

Soon we'll be overrun with an army of radical right-wing zombies and we won't be able to avoid the

freedom to think and choose our own healthcare in the private market. What would our Founding Fathers have thought about that predicament??

As the idea that healthcare reform would eliminate private healthcare and remove one's freedom to think is pure fantasy, I expect the founding fathers would have been above such foolishness and would not have given your scenario any thought at all. Which is not to say that I necessarily would expect them to have been eager supporters of nationalized anything, but just that even if they opposed it, it would be with skilled reasoning and analysis of actual facts, not knee-jerk emotional reactions and uncritical acceptance of a campaign of transparent lies, as is driving most of the current opposition.

I also expect that the founding fathers, though they would apply the same core principles, would not always make the same choices for our time as for their own. The highly developed USA of today has different needs, different capabilities, and different opportunities than the frontier nation they founded more than 2 centuries ago. I rather think that they would have desired and expected that we, their successors, would think for ourselves and adapt to the world as it changes, just as they did.

The person who started this discussion challenged all of us to ignore "2smart4u."

I have been guilty of responding to his idiocy; however, at this point, I am realizing that there is no reasoning with him. He is ignorant AND stupid- two very dangerous things for serious times.

It's tough to not be tempted to respond to his unfounded and racist posts. But arguing with a person like him is indeed a waste of time and effort. He is closed-minded, unwilling to listen to other points of view, and cruel. I issued him a challenge a couple of weeks ago to try to engage in civil debate and discussion and he has not done so.

So I won't be responding to any more of his specific posts. I urge the rest of you to do the same. If NO ONE responds to him, maybe he'll go away. Don't get sucked into his attempts to fire you up. Just let him live in his lonely pathetic world. The rest of us have better things to do.

He has the right to say what he wants BUT we also have the right to ignore him.

The person who started this discussion challenged all of us to ignore "2smart4u."

I have been guilty of responding to his idiocy; however, at this point, I am realizing that there is no reasoning with him. He is ignorant AND stupid- two very dangerous things for serious times.

It's tough to not be tempted to respond to his unfounded and racist posts. But arguing with a person like him is indeed a waste of time and effort. He is closed-minded, unwilling to listen to other points of view, and cruel. I issued him a challenge a couple of weeks ago to try to engage in civil debate and discussion and he has not done so.

So I won't be responding to any more of his specific posts. I urge the rest of you to do the same. If NO ONE responds to him, maybe he'll go away. Don't get sucked into his attempts to fire you up. Just let him live in his lonely pathetic world. The rest of us have better things to do.

I believe that he represents a very dangerous element in our country. I'll open a topic about what we can do about it. Join me there.

Guest 2smart4u

Right out of the leftist playbook: When a Republican is stating a fact that you can't refute, respond by calling it racist and unfounded. Throw in words like stupid, dangerous and ignorant.

If I've said anything that's unfounded or racist, I challenge you to point it out to me, we'll see who's ignorant.

Right out of the leftist playbook: When a Republican is stating a fact that you can't refute, respond by calling it racist and unfounded. Throw in words like stupid, dangerous and ignorant.

If I've said anything that's unfounded or racist, I challenge you to point it out to me, we'll see who's ignorant.

We've already seen who is ignorant. You are. Your nonsense has been regularly refuted, with appropriate links. You just ignore it.

By contrast, you make ridiculous claims you got from Fox and never back up any of them.

Get lost.

Guest 2smart4u
We've already seen who is ignorant. You are. Your nonsense has been regularly refuted, with appropriate links. You just ignore it.

By contrast, you make ridiculous claims you got from Fox and never back up any of them.

Get lost.

In other words, you can't. I win.

You have been posting here for years, assuming "2smart4u" has always been the same mentally defective person. Here are a few recent examples of your being caught and exposed as a liar, completely unconcerned with the truth.

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=99231

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=98677

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=98938

If you respond at all, it's usually to say something stupid like this:

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=98952

You never discuss anything. All you ever do is lie, distort and taunt everyone to the left of Attila the Hun.

You also got caught, recently, lying about Obama's approval rating, which you claimed was 38%. It's not worth finding it unless you decide to lie about that too.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ot...roval-1044.html

You are one of those people who are "never wrong" - so you think. You're a legend in your own mind. Meanwhile, in truth (and I mean this sincerely):

You are a complete ass.