Digesere Returns

Guest Why

In case you missed it, here is the blurb from The Observer:

August 19, 2009 (Kearny NJ) A reliable source has advised us that Frank Digesere, the current Bloomfield School Superintendent has resigned to take the Superintendent's position in Kearny.

It appears that Digesere will have a contract spanning three and a half years at a salary of $195,000 plus increases of 3.5 percent each year for the balance of the contract.

Digesere made $188,000 as the Bloomfield Superintendent. Digesere reportedly quit Bloomfield because he had several heated confrontations with Board of Education members over the past year.

Digesere was the former Kearny High School Principal before leaving Kearny and becoming the Superintendent in Bloomfield.

----------

It never surprises me when a former teacher or principal finds a way to stay on the town's payroll when they should have retired already. This is fine, of course, especially when the individual is qualified enough. However, when somebody with job security in this tumultuous, thin market leaves a fine position for one that is simply more convenient (inevitably usurping that position from somebody in the educating community he was once a part of) it is not okay. Am I the only person who feels that Digesere is screwing over the person who is rightfully entitled to this position? It is not as if the second best choice gets to replace Digesere in Bloomfield, surely lacking any pull in that community. This is pure GREED on the part of the former principal. Thank you Observer for disclosing his salary. I think it's important for the public to know how much a retired music teacher banks.

Why is this guy getting paid so much? Does he have a history of getting things done?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this guy getting paid so much? Does he have a history of getting things done?

Last time I checked, he was a good guitarist. I know he was a music teacher or something. I don't know. He was there when I was in high school. He was a nice guy and all, but I don't recall anything particularly great that he did. I know he was there when our school didn't have a varisty football team. I thought that was great.

Yes there could be. I guess you're not up on string or membrane theory.

No, I believe Earth is the name of our planet in our solar system. There are no others. Earth like planets? I'm sure. But there is only one Earth. I believe the uneducated person was trying to ask the common phrase "what PLANET are you from?" Don't you think......educated person?

From my recollection, he was a music teacher at the HS, a vice principal at Washington School, a principal at the HS, and a superintendent at Bloomfield.

wow we have a music teacher as our superintendent, I though it was bad enough we had gym teacher as a principal but this is even funny anymore. The joke on us though with these guy's getting 100+k in salary. Maybe I can be a hall monitor and shoot up to V.P :-)

What is going on? I thought the BOE was doing a good job, I liked how they handled some issues, but they will have to be accountable at some point for these hires. There needs to be new leadership at the high school, and soon. I am not sure about the Digesere hire, I need to get more 411 concerning that, but obviously these were serious mistakes made at the HS level

No, I believe Earth is the name of our planet in our solar system. There are no others. Earth like planets? I'm sure. But there is only one Earth. I believe the uneducated person was trying to ask the common phrase "what PLANET are you from?" Don't you think......educated person?

In parallel universes there could be many Earths. There could even be multiple D**ba**es such as you.

wow we have a music teacher as our superintendent, I though it was bad enough we had gym teacher as a principal but this is even funny anymore. The joke on us though with these guy's getting 100+k in salary. Maybe I can be a hall monitor and shoot up to V.P :-)

ILLITERACY................Alive and well in Kearny.

In parallel universes there could be many Earths. There could even be multiple D**ba**es such as you.

Another rocket scientist. Earth is the name of our planet. It's a name. It's not a type of planet. You can name any planet you discover Earth if you want to. You can name your child Earth or your dog. You can change the name of Mars to Earth. If we find another planet that is just like Earth and name it Earth how will we know which Earth we are talking about? There can only be many Earths if someone names them all Earth. Earth like? That's a different matter as I explained and you didn't get. Parallel universes?

A music teacher as a superintendent? Not a department chairperson as a superintendent? Not a vice principal as a superintendent? Not a principal as superintendent? He went right from music teacher to superintendent of Kearny? With that logic why didn't you say college student as superintendent? Or, high school student as superintendent? Or elementary student as superintendent? Or toddler as superintendent? Newborn as superintendent?

The high school principal went right from gym teacher to his current job? No, experiences in between? You sure?

Obama was a community organizer right before he was President?

How about you? First job right to your current job? Really?

Another rocket scientist. Earth is the name of our planet. It's a name. It's not a type of planet. You can name any planet you discover Earth if you want to. You can name your child Earth or your dog. You can change the name of Mars to Earth. If we find another planet that is just like Earth and name it Earth how will we know which Earth we are talking about? There can only be many Earths if someone names them all Earth. Earth like? That's a different matter as I explained and you didn't get. Parallel universes?

Someone doesn't understand the concept of parallel universes.

Look genius, one popular theory is that many universes exist at the same time and that we are only aware of the one we exist in. The multiple universes may or may not be experiencing the same history as we are. These universes may also have a planet named Earth in them.

The poster said he/she didn't know that there was more than one Earth. I replied that there could be. If you don't believe in multiple universes or that there may be eleven plus dimensions and that we only experience three that's your problem. Maybe Digesere can hook you up with one of Paul's science buddies. Is that simple enough for you?

Look genius, one popular theory is that many universes exist at the same time and that we are only aware of the one we exist in. The multiple universes may or may not be experiencing the same history as we are. These universes may also have a planet named Earth in them.

The poster said he/she didn't know that there was more than one Earth. I replied that there could be. If you don't believe in multiple universes or that there may be eleven plus dimensions and that we only experience three that's your problem. Maybe Digesere can hook you up with one of Paul's science buddies. Is that simple enough for you?

Listen to all of your defining words rocket scientist....."didn't know that there was more than one Earth"......."could be"......"may be"......

Let's deal with what is fact........where is there another planet named Earth.......factually speaking as in scientifically proven...........where? Have you been there? Go often?

A concept right? Not a proven fact. And the proven fact of another planet named Earth?

That's right, it's a concept, an idea, a hypothesis. It arises out of thought experiments in theoretical physics.

No one is building a set of dogmas around it. Physicists are just playing with the idea to see where it leads, if anywhere. Many great discoveries have come about that way.

What's the problem?

Listen to all of your defining words rocket scientist....."didn't know that there was more than one Earth"......."could be"......"may be"......

Let's deal with what is fact........where is there another planet named Earth.......factually speaking as in scientifically proven...........where? Have you been there? Go often?

Paul gave you your answer.

Last time I checked, he was a good guitarist. I know he was a music teacher or something. I don't know. He was there when I was in high school. He was a nice guy and all, but I don't recall anything particularly great that he did. I know he was there when our school didn't have a varisty football team. I thought that was great.

Let me start by saying I am not in Frank Digessere's camp, I've met him a couple of times. Yes, he started out as a music teacher/band director, then at some point he was promoted to VP at Washington School. After, he was Principal of KHS. His last post was as Superintendent of Schools in Bloomfield. He hardly went from music teacher to Superintendent. I don't know how effective Mr. Digessere will be as our Superintendent, however, his does have a vested interest in Kearny. Our last few administrators had no history in Kearny and no investment in our community. Mr. Digessere lives in Kearny and has worked and raised his family here. Hopefully, with the experience that he has gained as an administrator along with as his knowledge and loyalty to the community, we will see some positive change throughout the district. Let's give him a chance before we start slinging mud.

That's right, it's a concept, an idea, a hypothesis. It arises out of thought experiments in theoretical physics.

No one is building a set of dogmas around it. Physicists are just playing with the idea to see where it leads, if anywhere. Many great discoveries have come about that way.

What's the problem?

I'll try again. Earth is not the name of the type of planet we live on it is the name of this planet we live on.

I'll try again. Earth is not the name of the type of planet we live on it is the name of this planet we live on.

If you really want to try again, try understanding what you were told. You don't understand it, which is why you're frustrated.

Let me start by saying I am not in Frank Digessere's camp, I've met him a couple of times. Yes, he started out as a music teacher/band director, then at some point he was promoted to VP at Washington School. After, he was Principal of KHS. His last post was as Superintendent of Schools in Bloomfield. He hardly went from music teacher to Superintendent. I don't know how effective Mr. Digessere will be as our Superintendent, however, his does have a vested interest in Kearny. Our last few administrators had no history in Kearny and no investment in our community. Mr. Digessere lives in Kearny and has worked and raised his family here. Hopefully, with the experience that he has gained as an administrator along with as his knowledge and loyalty to the community, we will see some positive change throughout the district. Let's give him a chance before we start slinging mud.

I agree. Digesere hasn't been a music teacher in 18 years. He's been in administration.

He should have the chance.

Yes but his relationship with Somma and Ragnoni will hurt as he will not initiate and institute new policies that are surely needed in the High School, he needs to get "his" people in there and make sure they are "educators" and not people just trying to up there pension for retirement

I agree. Digesere hasn't been a music teacher in 18 years. He's been in administration.

He should have the chance.

Yes but his relationship with Somma and Ragnoni will hurt as he will not initiate and institute new policies that are surely needed in the High School, he needs to get "his" people in there and make sure they are "educators" and not people just trying to up there pension for retirement

I disagree.I think MR. Somma and MR. Ragnoni do a fine job.As for MR. Digesere,i know he was the right choice for the job.They (the board of ed.) should have made him the superintendant two years ago.Welcome back MR. Digesere.