Prime time flop

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

Obama's health plan press conference was a flop. Eleven questions, eleven meandering long-winded answers that said nothing. Yes, the healthcare industry needs government oversight and regulation, but we don't need a washington bureaucrat deciding what treatments or drugs we need or don't need.

Obama is a snake oil salesman who's lied, backpeddled and flip-flopped his way through his first 6 months and the leftist media continues to give him a pass.

Where's a Ronald Reagan when we need him.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keith
Obama's health plan press conference was a flop. Eleven questions, eleven meandering long-winded answers that said nothing. Yes, the healthcare industry needs government oversight and regulation, but we don't need a washington bureaucrat deciding what treatments or drugs we need or don't need.

Obama is a snake oil salesman who's lied, backpeddled and flip-flopped his way through his first 6 months and the leftist media continues to give him a pass.

That's right and he's gonna get a pass for 8 years just like Bush. How do you like them apples asshole! BTW Reagan is dead.

Guest Guest

On the contrary, they were intelligent and thoughtful answers, which contained detail and nuance. You would have to have the brains to understand them.

Reagan is the snake oil salesman who started this mess by telling us we could have whatever we wanted without investing in the future.

Guest Guest

We don't need an empty suit like RayGun who commits the TREASONOUS act of selling weapons to an enemy and conveniently forgets about it.

Guest Guest
That's right and he's gonna get a pass for 8 years just like Bush. How do you like them apples asshole! BTW Reagan is dead.

We can always rely on Keith to act like a democrat.

It's amazing that someone would complain about a snake oil salesman, then wish we had Reagan back.

Reagan complained about the federal deficit, then tripled it in eight years - not because he was digging us out of the most dangerous economic crisis since the Great Depression but because he was ideologically driven to cut taxes, no matter what our needs were.

He sold us a fairy tale, and most people were all too happy to buy into it. According to his fairy-tale vision of the world, we didn't have to face our problems, we could just pretend they didn't exist. So forget about investing in development of new energy sources, forget about any kind of a national health care policy, forget about a federal role in the educational system, forget about maintaining our infrastructure. And now here we are, nearly thirty years later, with a colossal mess on our hands because we have neglected our most pressing national concerns for decades.

Reagan never understood the difference between the real job of a president and acting in a movie. He is a perfect reflection of a culture that was dedicated to burying its head in the sand and pretending that its most important challenges weren't real. He is a perfect reflection of what we were these past nearly thirty years. Now it's time to grow up and make adult decisions for our future. That is what Obama is trying to do, in my opinion. He seems to have a sense of history and he wants to be judged well by it. That's a good motivator for a president.

Some people won't give him a break no matter what he does. But at least look honestly at your country and recognize that our needs are real, and that we need a strong and competent government to coordinate the effort of digging ourselves out of a very deep ditch created by decades of irresponsibility. We cannot afford the childish fantasies of the radical right any longer.

Guest snake oil salesperson

Can you please stop using "snake oil salesmen" like we're all bad people. I've been selling snake oil for 25 years. It's all I know. People need snake oil, I sell it to them. How does that make me a bad person? I got a wife, 4 kids, and a mortgage to pay off. I can't go out and find another profession just like that. So, once again, before you start bashing snake oil salesmen, get to know one. We're good people.

- snakeoiljohn@gmail.com

Guest Patriot
Can you please stop using "snake oil salesmen" like we're all bad people. I've been selling snake oil for 25 years. It's all I know. People need snake oil, I sell it to them. How does that make me a bad person? I got a wife, 4 kids, and a mortgage to pay off. I can't go out and find another profession just like that. So, once again, before you start bashing snake oil salesmen, get to know one. We're good people.

- snakeoiljohn@gmail.com

Sorry John, I didn't mean to insult honest snake oil salesmen. But as you know, there are dispicable people in every walk of life and this community organizer with the line of s--t that all the loonies bought has given honest men like you a bad name. We have to endure this snake oil salesman (sorry)

3+ more years, then we're going to run his sorry flip-flopping, back-peddling, lying, cheating ass back to Chicago where he can once again hook up with

Bill Ayres and Reverend Wright, smoke a little weed together and talk about the good old days when they bombed police stations.

Guest Guest
It's amazing that someone would complain about a snake oil salesman, then wish we had Reagan back.

Reagan complained about the federal deficit, then tripled it in eight years - not because he was digging us out of the most dangerous economic crisis since the Great Depression but because he was ideologically driven to cut taxes, no matter what our needs were.

He sold us a fairy tale, and most people were all too happy to buy into it. According to his fairy-tale vision of the world, we didn't have to face our problems, we could just pretend they didn't exist. So forget about investing in development of new energy sources, forget about any kind of a national health care policy, forget about a federal role in the educational system, forget about maintaining our infrastructure. And now here we are, nearly thirty years later, with a colossal mess on our hands because we have neglected our most pressing national concerns for decades.

Reagan never understood the difference between the real job of a president and acting in a movie. He is a perfect reflection of a culture that was dedicated to burying its head in the sand and pretending that its most important challenges weren't real. He is a perfect reflection of what we were these past nearly thirty years. Now it's time to grow up and make adult decisions for our future. That is what Obama is trying to do, in my opinion. He seems to have a sense of history and he wants to be judged well by it. That's a good motivator for a president.

Some people won't give him a break no matter what he does. But at least look honestly at your country and recognize that our needs are real, and that we need a strong and competent government to coordinate the effort of digging ourselves out of a very deep ditch created by decades of irresponsibility. We cannot afford the childish fantasies of the radical right any longer.

Tax revenues INCREASED under Reagan, this is a fact. The Treasury collected, at that time record receipts. Unfortunately, the party running the House, you know where the appropriations actually come from, could not spend enough. (Not unlike the Republicans in the early part of this decade.)

Dismiss them all you want, Paul, but there is a LARGE group of people in this country who do not see government as a solution to their problems. This is where the philosophies differ, and I don't expect this to get personal, you believe that government can help, I don't. I should say, I believe government, in their originally proposed SUPPORTING role, can help, but they take over everything, and try to control things that they need not get into.

One of my favorite Reagan quotes was always: " What are the nine scariest words in the English language: 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.'" Truer words have never been spoken, IMO.

Guest Guest
Tax revenues INCREASED under Reagan, this is a fact. The Treasury collected, at that time record receipts. Unfortunately, the party running the House, you know where the appropriations actually come from, could not spend enough. (Not unlike the Republicans in the early part of this decade.)

Dismiss them all you want, Paul, but there is a LARGE group of people in this country who do not see government as a solution to their problems. This is where the philosophies differ, and I don't expect this to get personal, you believe that government can help, I don't. I should say, I believe government, in their originally proposed SUPPORTING role, can help, but they take over everything, and try to control things that they need not get into.

One of my favorite Reagan quotes was always: " What are the nine scariest words in the English language: 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.'" Truer words have never been spoken, IMO.

Revenues increased during eight years from 1981-1989. That's like getting excited about the fact that a ten-year-old boy got taller by the time he was eighteen.

Reagan lied, the people swallowed it and didn't even notice he had lied to them. He said he would balance the budget, but then he did exactly the opposite by tripling the deficit. He also started on the course that led us to where we are now.

We all know people don't like government. No one "likes" government. I don't like the dentist either, but when my tooth hurts, I go.

Is the hypocrisy lost on you and your America-can-do-no-wrong CULT that Raygun himself was from the government and "here to help"? Now look at the festering harvest of his foul seed!

(Why is it dittoheads cite the US government as the enemy but hold the US military in such blind high esteem?) :lol:

I wish you would post under your name. Can someone explain why there is such an aversion to that?

You seem like an intelligent person, but you're looking at these things too broadly and without the pesky little details like all the facts.

Though I appreciate your tone, your view of history is factually incorrect. I'll assume that tax revenues increased under Reagan. In a growing economy, I would expect them to. Someone likened this to a 10-year-old child getting taller by the time he's 18. That's a good analogy. Of course tax revenues increased. The Democratic-controlled House at the time was no model of efficiency. Reagan slapped them down, and to an extent that was good for the people.

But in other key ways, Reagan did exactly the opposite of what we needed to do. Just as one example, we needed to invest in alternative sources of energy. If we had done that, beginning then, we probably would be out from under the thumb of the oil producing countries in the Middle East. Unfortunately, Reagan gave big oil whatever it wanted, which was continued dominance in our markets.

To make sense of this, you can't just say "government bad" (me Tarzan). It's more complicated than that. The government has helped. People complain about the current government, but without it, the financial system would have collapsed. Instead of 10% unemployment, we would have 20% or 30% or maybe worse. Economic organization doesn't grow on a tree, and sometimes the private markets are not stable. Private companies are greedy and proud of it. There's nothing wrong with private greed, but then it has to be overseen so it doesn't spin out of control. For things like that, government is indispensable. Sure, you can take an anti-government attitude, but if we do that as a country, we are begging for a major disaster. We very nearly got it.

In the manufacturing and quasi-manufacturing sector, too, sometimes government must do more than merely support. The military, the highway program and the space program are three examples, and energy development is another. We needed expensive and uncertain new energy technologies to meet long-term future energy needs. We knew that 35 years ago, after the Arab oil embargo of 1974, when Nixon warned us about it. Government could have addressed that with an energy program as energetic as the Apollo program. But because the majority of Americans had been talked into "government bad," we didn't do it. I know large segments of the population agree with you, just as large segments of our population think evolution never happened. We Americans are notorious throughout the world for having some very bad habits and some genuinely bad ideas. You can take that defensively or you can think about it. What I would ask you to do is put it into a more detailed context that actually addresses the issues we face, and if while you're at it, put your name to it. We can have an excellent discussion.

Guest Guest
Revenues increased during eight years from 1981-1989. That's like getting excited about the fact that a ten-year-old boy got taller by the time he was eighteen.

Reagan lied, the people swallowed it and didn't even notice he had lied to them. He said he would balance the budget, but then he did exactly the opposite by tripling the deficit. He also started on the course that led us to where we are now.

We all know people don't like government. No one "likes" government. I don't like the dentist either, but when my tooth hurts, I go.

Civics 101, it's a free lesson. Spending originates, as per the Constitution, in the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. Which at that time was run be DEMOCRATS. So, it there was too much spending, and I don't disagree, then it is more than the president spending money.

Guest 2smart4u
Civics 101, it's a free lesson. Spending originates, as per the Constitution, in the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. Which at that time was run be DEMOCRATS. So, it there was too much spending, and I don't disagree, then it is more than the president spending money.

Come on now, you're interjecting facts into the argument, Loonies don't deal with facts.

Guest *Autonomous*

Civics 101-the budget has to be signed by the president. Anyway, Republicans love to trot out this old chestnut but in actual fact we can always look up Reagan's proposed budget (which-SHOCK!-is traditionally the actual start point) and see the truth.

Guest 2smart4u
Civics 101-the budget has to be signed by the president. Anyway, Republicans love to trot out this old chestnut but in actual fact we can always look up Reagan's proposed budget (which-SHOCK!-is traditionally the actual start point) and see the truth.

Right, and the dem congress approved all of Reagan's budgets which was used primarily for a weapons buildup, which drove the USSR into bankruptcy, which saved the world from a nuclear war. That's why Reagan is rated as one of the top presidents. All former military personnel are well aware of this, but of course a motor pool slug is an exception.

Guest Guest
Right, and the dem congress approved all of Reagan's budgets which was used primarily for a weapons buildup, which drove the USSR into bankruptcy, which saved the world from a nuclear war. That's why Reagan is rated as one of the top presidents. All former military personnel are well aware of this, but of course a motor pool slug is an exception.

So once again the alleged champions of less government and LESS SPENDING reveal their hypocrisy with their worship of the treasonous RayGun spending like a drunken sailor. :rolleyes:

The NeoConfused pholosophy: Tax and spend bad, SPEND and SPEND good. Yeah! THAT has real long term possibilities.

Guest *Autonomous*

That's the lie, anyway. If you look at ACTUAL NUMBERS the Soviet economy peaked in 1970 and was in decline ever after. It was Reagan's dealings with OPEC to keep oil production high (and thus prices down) that destroyed their economy-oil was the primary export.

Still not a motor pool SERVICEMAN, you disgusting vet-hating traitorous trash.

Guest 2smart4u
That's the lie, anyway. If you look at ACTUAL NUMBERS the Soviet economy peaked in 1970 and was in decline ever after. It was Reagan's dealings with OPEC to keep oil production high (and thus prices down) that destroyed their economy-oil was the primary export.

Still not a motor pool SERVICEMAN, you disgusting vet-hating traitorous trash.

So you at least agree it was Reagan who forced the breakup of the Soviet Union, thus saving the world. BTW, I'm an AF vet.

Guest Guest
So you at least agree it was Reagan who forced the breakup of the Soviet Union, thus saving the world. BTW, I'm an AF vet.

So to you everything is about which dead man to thank.

Guest Guest

When the Soviet economy started declining the brown shirt RayGun was busy calling for bloodbaths in Berkeley, he apparently had no understanding/belief of/in the 1st Amendment.

Guest *Autonomous*

No, though he may have hastened it. The USSR broke up because Communism doesn't work. You'd think you'd know that. You can be a vet and still unpatriotic. You keep impying that our brave men and women serving in our armed forces' motor pools should be ashamed of their service, so you're anti-vet scum in my book.