Fred O

Guest Guest

Guest a parent

Heart of Gold... or not...

he allegedly did something to warrant a suspension until the facts are confirmed - I do believe as a tax payer AND a parent of a public school student that this information should be public knowledge.

I understand those of you who whole heartedly want to protect his family from any ill words - that is to be admired. But I believe that was his duty as a husband, father, school representative and citizen to protect his good name and theirs by not putting himself in this position to be questioned.

This is not a witch hunt - at least not on my part.

Just want the facts and do pray that his family find comfort through these troubled times.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Because there is nothing to cover. Leave the guy alone, if he really did anything wrong nothing would happen to him anyway. Drugs, double and triple dipping, stealing from parking meters, a boondoggle of a stadium, a fire dept. with outrageous runaway salaries and more Captains than the armed forces, and a $119,000 a year secretary, and you worry about this? Get a Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest
Is this Fred O thing done? or is it still ongoing? what was the outcome? How come the Observer is not covering this?

Darn good guestion - what is going on with this and why is it not being covered (instead of covered up)? Gee, for a minute I thought The Observer was actually developing a backbone. Hope I wasn't wrong.

Speaking of The Observer, am I the only one who thinks the editorials are being written by a fifth grader? Is there anyone who works there in a supervisory position who can help the writer focus her writing and sound somewhat intelligent (or maybe she IS the supervisor?). Did this week's editorial actually end with "Try smiling, even if you don’t want to. Sometimes that helps the mind and body."? Wow.

Guest a parent
Is this Fred O thing done? or is it still ongoing? what was the outcome? How come the Observer is not covering this?

shhhhhh you're not supposed to ask these types of questions...

you know the kinds that deserve answers :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

They fear Freddy may open up he has been a victim of Harrison for years. His case will be kicked around until it is forgotten about.

IMO, Freddy has been used and abused by the Machine. He was always a good guy who was in awe by all that went down around him. People are driven to do strange things under such circumstances to be accepted. He still has a lot of knowledge of what went on for many years. It is this knowledge which will save his butt.

The beat goes on in Harrison. Keep watching for the next act of this comic tragedy called "Harrison, New Jersey, USA. 07029".

Guest Just another Harrisonian
Heart of Gold... or not...

he allegedly did something to warrant a suspension until the facts are confirmed - I do believe as a tax payer AND a parent of a public school student that this information should be public knowledge.

I understand those of you who whole heartedly want to protect his family from any ill words - that is to be admired. But I believe that was his duty as a husband, father, school representative and citizen to protect his good name and theirs by not putting himself in this position to be questioned.

This is not a witch hunt - at least not on my part.

Just want the facts and do pray that his family find comfort through these troubled times.

It should be. Put Fred's name to it or whom ever you like - it makes no difference.

Read the paper - taxes are going up an avg. of $225 - yet again. At least for those of us who pay taxes. My tax bill has increased steadily for some time now.

I want a witch hunt. I want all those who stole my tax dollars to pay - if not with the cash they stole then with their time.

150 years would be appropriate. I hope my family can find comfort when they sell our house at auction because I couldn't keep up with payments on the loan I took to pay those inflated taxes.

"Times are tough" - What's tough is having to watch business as usual around here. Theft, misappropriation of funds, fiscal mismanagement, corruption or the "good ol' boy network" benefits package that comes "included with the position".

Guest Guest
It should be. Put Fred's name to it or whom ever you like - it makes no difference.

Read the paper - taxes are going up an avg. of $225 - yet again. At least for those of us who pay taxes. My tax bill has increased steadily for some time now.

I want a witch hunt. I want all those who stole my tax dollars to pay - if not with the cash they stole then with their time.

150 years would be appropriate. I hope my family can find comfort when they sell our house at auction because I couldn't keep up with payments on the loan I took to pay those inflated taxes.

"Times are tough" - What's tough is having to watch business as usual around here. Theft, misappropriation of funds, fiscal mismanagement, corruption or the "good ol' boy network" benefits package that comes "included with the position".

Guest Guest

Boy are a you a sore loser.

You should be happy that Former Councilperson Higgins has 2 pensions and is still doing his work for Harrison.

You would really be happy to know that many others are working on second and third pensions.

You should be happy that every time you take a dump so many of the in crowd are working at the sewer plant.

I really don't know why you feel the way you do. Be happy when you lose that home remember Your Mayor and Council love you and count on your support.

They have done all they can to give you the best of their family and friends and supporters.

So be happy and vote for Corzine he loves these guy and their work.

Eagle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
He sure did.

Oh, so it is now acceptable to steal money from the school system - then be really, really sorry and not be punished. What a great message to be sending! Especially to all of the kids and parents who know what this is about. Make you think long and hard about donating to any more school fundraisers. Whose pocket is it going into next?

Guest Guest
Oh, so it is now acceptable to steal money from the school system - then be really, really sorry and not be punished. What a great message to be sending! Especially to all of the kids and parents who know what this is about. Make you think long and hard about donating to any more school fundraisers. Whose pocket is it going into next?

YES, THE PARENTS SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND PUT FORTH A PITITION THAT THEY WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT FUND RAISERS UNLESS HE PAYS BACK AND LOSES HIS PENSION.

Guest Guest
YES, THE PARENTS SHOULD GET TOGETHER AND PUT FORTH A PITITION THAT THEY WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT FUND RAISERS UNLESS HE PAYS BACK AND LOSES HIS PENSION.

He has been arrested, the money has been paid back, retaining his pension depends on the outcome of his criminal case. Now that you have your pound of flesh, can you say something nice about his many years of dedicated service to the children of our community before this error in judgment occurred?

He has been arrested, the money has been paid back, retaining his pension depends on the outcome of his criminal case. Now that you have your pound of flesh, can you say something nice about his many years of dedicated service to the children of our community before this error in judgment occurred?

yes he was one of the best teachers in the school system but he lost it when he did what he did

Guest a parent
Please explain the story. What money did he take, etc?

according to my kid - it was money from school plays

IF THIS IS INCORRECT INFORMATION - FEEL FREE TO CORRECT

As posted prior - nothing factual has become public knowledge, newspapers have not reported on it, everyone is mums on the subject. My feelings are if you are employed by the public and paid by the public, then all info belongs to the PUBLIC. No matter who you are or how long you served.