Doran's Salary- A Quickie Quiz

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Question: Which job pays the most?

Being Governor of New Jersey? Being a US Senator? Being Mayor of Newark, the largest city in the state? Or being Superintendent of Schools in little old Harrison?

Answer: Well, although he donates it back to the treasury, Corzine's salary is $175,000. Us. Senators are paid $193,400. Corey Booker, the Mayor of Newark, comes in at $200,000, which stirred much protest.

BUT the Superintendent of Schools for our town of 12,000 (1.2 square miles) will be raking in $208,000 plus benefits during his first year.

Yep, you read right. The Governor: $175,000. U.S. Senators: $193,400. The Mayor of Newark: $200,000. Jimmy Doran: $208,000.

Wow, politics pays well in Harrison, doesn't it?

Guest BlueTideBacker

Being Governor of New Jersey? Being a US Senator? Being Mayor of Newark, the largest city in the state? Or being Superintendent of Schools in little old Harrison?

Answer: Well, although he donates it back to the treasury, Corzine's salary is $175,000. Us. Senators are paid $193,400. Corey Booker, the Mayor of Newark, comes in at $200,000, which stirred much protest.

BUT the Superintendent of Schools for our town of 12,000 (1.2 square miles) will be raking in $208,000 plus benefits during his first year.

Yep, you read right. The Governor: $175,000. U.S. Senators: $193,400. The Mayor of Newark: $200,000. Jimmy Doran: $208,000.

If you can verify the accuracy of these numbers, you should call the Jersey Journal and Star Ledger, talk to a reporter and see if they'll run with it.

Guest Guest
If you can verify the accuracy of these numbers, you should call the Jersey Journal and Star Ledger, talk to a reporter and see if they'll run with it.

The numbers are indeed accurate.

Guest Guest

DO IT! You absolutely should. The fact that he was handed the job instead of earning or being the best qualified for it, makes it even worse.

Guest Guest

Who, of the above, besides Jim Doran has a Doctotate in Scholl Administration? Maybe you should be comparing the superintendents salaries in various towns. Might be a fairer comparison.

Guest Guest
Who, of the above, besides Jim Doran has a Doctotate in Scholl Administration? Maybe you should be comparing the superintendents salaries in various towns. Might be a fairer comparison.

How about his friends, Nashimento, Choffo or Huaranga Jr and SR?? Did they increase the salary of Confiesore to keep quiet?? Now call the papers. Doctorate my a$$, he only worked at night school in N. Bergen which is only above working at Burger King.

Guest guest

Here is the advertisement published in all places a Staten Island paper:

SUPERINTENDENT

Harrison BD Ed - Harrison, NJ

SUPERINTENDENT Harrison Board of Education, Harrison, New Jersey The Board of Education is accepting applications for the above position, available as of July 1, 2009. QUALIFICATIONS N.J. School Administrator or Certificate of Eligibility Doctorate Preferred, but not necessary Demonstrated success in Curriculum, Finance, Personnel, and Employee Managment Ability to Inspire, Motivate, be a Role Model & Team Leader Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills A thorough understanding of Best Practices in the Field of Education and recent Educational Research Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable. TERMS AND SALARY : Negotiable Harrison is a richly diverse community seeking an educational leader for a multi-cultural population...

No mention of salary. So does Doran start July 1, 2009? Is he giving up his throne on the council? Who will replace him?

Guest guest
Here is the advertisement published in all places a Staten Island paper:

SUPERINTENDENT

Harrison BD Ed - Harrison, NJ

SUPERINTENDENT Harrison Board of Education, Harrison, New Jersey The Board of Education is accepting applications for the above position, available as of July 1, 2009. QUALIFICATIONS N.J. School Administrator or Certificate of Eligibility Doctorate Preferred, but not necessary Demonstrated success in Curriculum, Finance, Personnel, and Employee Managment Ability to Inspire, Motivate, be a Role Model & Team Leader Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills A thorough understanding of Best Practices in the Field of Education and recent Educational Research Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable. TERMS AND SALARY : Negotiable Harrison is a richly diverse community seeking an educational leader for a multi-cultural population...

No mention of salary. So does Doran start July 1, 2009? Is he giving up his throne on the council? Who will replace him?

Is there anyone in the center (H) that does not believe that Mr. Doran is not the most qualified person to run our schools. Please, if you know of a better person to lead our children to a better education, list your choices.............

Guest Guest

How about Dr. Duffy?? We NEED him back int he middle school and fast. That school and what goes on in it is disturbing, there is a big difference in last year and this year and we need to get him back in there before we have a drug-gang-pregnant school. Fights everyday, drug use in school and out, sex, what is the policy on drug testing?? Should these kids who are getting high be allowed to play sports? what is being done about it??

Guest guest
Is there anyone in the center (H) that does not believe that Mr. Doran is not the most qualified person to run our schools. Please, if you know of a better person to lead our children to a better education, list your choices.............

Qualified. He was qualified to be a councilman and look what he has done so far a councilman. Before I list "a better person to lead our children to a better education", please list what our good old friend Jim has accomplished as our councilman.

Guest Guest
How about Dr. Duffy?? We NEED him back int he middle school and fast. That school and what goes on in it is disturbing, there is a big difference in last year and this year and we need to get him back in there before we have a drug-gang-pregnant school. Fights everyday, drug use in school and out, sex, what is the policy on drug testing?? Should these kids who are getting high be allowed to play sports? what is being done about it??

The school district is an absolute joke. No one on the BOE cares. Parents don't care or don't know any better. It's all political. The BOE is just an extension of the mayor's power.

Anything that happens to negatively impact students' learning such as behavior, drugs, etc., is covered up.

Let's face it, Doran is just a continuation of the Harrison political machine. Is he qualified? I doubt it. He has a PhD but that doesn't mean anything, it's all clouded by the fact that he is connected. So settle in, he will be there for 20 years or so.

The best thing the BOE could have done was a real search. Bring in someone new, someone without the same old connections. It's these connections that bring the apathy and mediocrity. There is great potential in Harrison, but unfortunately it will never be realized.

Nothing will change with the Harrison School District, it will be business as usual.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

DID YOU SEE IN THE OBSERVER THAT HIS SALARY WILL BE $203,000 WITH A 3.5% RAISE FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!!!!!! HE WILL BE AT ABOUT $250,000 BY 2014. WOW TALK ABOUT MAKING YOUR OWN DEALS....I KNOW HE WAS THE BEST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE!!!!!!! THE POLICE AND FIREMEN CANNOT EVEN GET A 3.5% RAISE FROM THE TOWN, THEY HAD TO GO AND SPEND $50,000-75,000 ON ATTORNEYS TO GO TO ARBITRATION. BUT THE TEACHERS SETTLED AND GOT 4% A YEAR..... HEY OTHER TOWN WORKERS START MAKING YOUR CALLS........

HOW ABOUT $17,500 FOR A SINGLE MAN FOR HEALTH BENEFITS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? HOW COME THE TOWN DOES NOT SHOP AROUND FOR A BETTER PRICE ON BENEFITS???? NO WONDER WHY MY TAXES GO UP EVERY YEAR!!!!!! POLITICAL HACKS ALL OF YOU OUT THERE..........

I GUESS HIS COUNCILMAN JOB AND POLICE DIRECTOR TITLE IS NOT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN THIS WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!

Guest 4th warder
DID YOU SEE IN THE OBSERVER THAT HIS SALARY WILL BE $203,000 WITH A 3.5% RAISE FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS!!!!!! HE WILL BE AT ABOUT $250,000 BY 2014. WOW TALK ABOUT MAKING YOUR OWN DEALS....I KNOW HE WAS THE BEST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE!!!!!!! THE POLICE AND FIREMEN CANNOT EVEN GET A 3.5% RAISE FROM THE TOWN, THEY HAD TO GO AND SPEND $50,000-75,000 ON ATTORNEYS TO GO TO ARBITRATION. BUT THE TEACHERS SETTLED AND GOT 4% A YEAR..... HEY OTHER TOWN WORKERS START MAKING YOUR CALLS........

HOW ABOUT $17,500 FOR A SINGLE MAN FOR HEALTH BENEFITS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? HOW COME THE TOWN DOES NOT SHOP AROUND FOR A BETTER PRICE ON BENEFITS???? NO WONDER WHY MY TAXES GO UP EVERY YEAR!!!!!! POLITICAL HACKS ALL OF YOU OUT THERE..........

I GUESS HIS COUNCILMAN JOB AND POLICE DIRECTOR TITLE IS NOT A CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN THIS WHOLE THING!!!!!!!!

Doran has done nothing for the 4th ward. He will continue to do the same at the BOE. He can hold both jobs since he intends to do nothing at both jobs. I cannot believe he will be getting $16,916.66 per month. He should be ashamed of himself for robbing the taxpayers.

Let him stay as councilman, we can then ask him questions at council meetings about BOE matters and he will have to answer.

He also will collect two pensions when he retires. He is as greedy as they come.

When is Christie pulling up the patty wagon to take them all away and restore honesty and integrity to Harrison.

Guest elHarrisonian
Doran has done nothing for the 4th ward. He will continue to do the same at the BOE. He can hold both jobs since he intends to do nothing at both jobs. I cannot believe he will be getting $16,916.66 per month. He should be ashamed of himself for robbing the taxpayers.

Let him stay as councilman, we can then ask him questions at council meetings about BOE matters and he will have to answer.

He also will collect two pensions when he retires. He is as greedy as they come.

When is Christie pulling up the patty wagon to take them all away and restore honesty and integrity to Harrison.

Joe Wood in 2010.

Guest Guest

Here I am trying to recharge my body and brain from a week of commuting and working in the City. Only reason I do this is to make sure that I pay for my expenses, including taxes here in Harrison. When I hear that we have BOE employees making far in excess of what they deserve is upsetting. Mayor stop this BS now. AS a past teacher, I think that I would be qualified for Super's job and I would do it for $100K. Doran and his friends are killing this Town. If I could sell and move I would....TOTAL BS Doran, Choffo, Huaranga's, Fife's, Nasimetto's.....

Guest Guest

So Doran will be making $200K plus for being Chief Teacher of the Town. What's wrong with that?

A street urchin and altar boy- that's how I recall him. From parents of poverty and a gallant from the Gardens, it seems as though he has leaped from the pages of Charles Dickens and Truman Capote into the prose of real life here in Harrison.

Damn good literature to me, I say.

Go, JimBoy.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Kearny Board of Ed is looking for their new Superintendent. How much are they paying? Not $220K a year I will bet you. Same crooks getting the money year over year. What a shame.

So Doran will be making $200K plus for being Chief Teacher of the Town. What's wrong with that?

A street urchin and altar boy- that's how I recall him. From parents of poverty and a gallant from the Gardens, it seems as though he has leaped from the pages of Charles Dickens and Truman Capote into the prose of real life here in Harrison.

Damn good literature to me, I say.

Go, JimBoy.

I heard that starting July 1, 2009 there will be a new flag flying over the Harrison Schools under the American Flag. It will be the color of *** *******. <_<

Guest Guest

Kearny Board of Ed is looking for their new Superintendent. How much are they paying? Not $220K a year I will bet you. Same crooks getting the money year over year. What a shame.

Another neighboring Town's Super has justed resigned from his post paying $175,000 a year. Oversaw 2000 students. Is our new Super's salary a little (or alot) out of line? How can the BOE justify this act?

• 5 years later...
Guest Guest

Tonight's Harrison Board of Education meeting should be interesting. Doran and company are doing a run around the salary cap instituted by Governor Chris Christie.

We swears, to serve the master of the Precious. We will swear on on the Precious!

Guest Guest

IT IS A DISGRACE!!! THEY ALSO HIRED A WOMAN WHO HAS BEEN LET GO FROM OTHER PLACES FOR VARIOUS REASONS!!!! SHE THINKS WHO THE HELL SHE IS AND DOESN'T KNOW OR CARE SHIT ABOUT OUR TOWN!!!!! JUST CARES ABOUT $$$$$$ WAY TO GO DORAN AND FIFE