Asleep at the wheel.

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

Thousands of people scrambled out of office buildings yesterday as Air Force One buzzed Manhattan followed by a fighter jet. Mayor Bloomberg, the NYPD or anyone else knew what was happening. And Obama didn't have a f----- clue either.

If this had happened under Bush's watch the NY Slimes would have a front page headline with plenty of vicious editorial comments. But the bigger question is who the F is in charge at the White House.

On another topic, Obama was giving a speech yesterday when his teleprompter went out. This guy lost it , he couldn't talk, couldn't ad-lib, couldn't go on until they fixed the machine. Obama is a great speaker but without a teleprompter he's lost. Fox News covered the fiasco, I'm sure MSNBC and CNN passed on it.

The Slimes forgot to cover that either, so much for fair and balanced news coverage from the Slimes.

Guest Guest

As usual, 2dumb4words, is consistent in not allowing facts to get in the way of his whining.

1) It's NOT Air Force One unless the POTUS is aboard

2) The NYPD had advance notice of this flight, the lack of awareness for others rests with that agency

Guest Guest
Thousands of people scrambled out of office buildings yesterday as Air Force One buzzed Manhattan followed by a fighter jet. Mayor Bloomberg, the NYPD or anyone else knew what was happening. And Obama didn't have a f----- clue either.

If this had happened under Bush's watch the NY Slimes would have a front page headline with plenty of vicious editorial comments. But the bigger question is who the F is in charge at the White House.

On another topic, Obama was giving a speech yesterday when his teleprompter went out. This guy lost it , he couldn't talk, couldn't ad-lib, couldn't go on until they fixed the machine. Obama is a great speaker but without a teleprompter he's lost. Fox News covered the fiasco, I'm sure MSNBC and CNN passed on it.

The Slimes forgot to cover that either, so much for fair and balanced news coverage from the Slimes.

You should post a link so we can evaluate for ourselves.

Guest Guest

The decision to fly over lower Manhattan at low altitude is totally devoid of common sense. It's scary to think anyone in the Obama administration would think this was a good idea. And it's even scarier to think Obama knew nothing about it.

Guest Guest
The decision to fly over lower Manhattan at low altitude is totally devoid of common sense. It's scary to think anyone in the Obama administration would think this was a good idea. And it's even scarier to think Obama knew nothing about it.

Let's not get nuts. It was an incredibly dumb decision, but I don't expect Obama to manage this. There was no national security issue involved.

Guest Guest

It's very simple. Find out who it was that Notified NYPD of the Flyby, and then Subsequently forbade them to make a public announcement that would have negated the whole Issue. FIRE that individual. Since POTUS was not aboard the Aircraft, it was not "Air Force One" It was merely Airforce Heavy 290001, therefore there was NO Security risk in alerting the public to the fact that the mission was going on.

Guest Guest
Let's not get nuts. It was an incredibly dumb decision, but I don't expect Obama to manage this. There was no national security issue involved.

National security had nothing to do with this. It was the fear and panic of thousands of people who fled from high rise buildings during this photo-op.

You don't expect Obama to manage this? Air Force One is buzzing Manhattan and Obama is oblivious, I expect Obama to be AWARE of this.

Oh wait, I understand, you're a Loony Lefty. It was Bush's fault.

Guest Guest

Another ridiculous attempt by the gop to make an issue since they don't have any real issues. Was it a dumb move by the Air Force? Yes. But no where near as dangerous as flying live nuclear warheads across country, when even the pilots didn't know they were loaded with nukes. Ex Commander in Chief's response? None.

Nice try-none issue.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20427730/

Guest Guest
National security had nothing to do with this. It was the fear and panic of thousands of people who fled from high rise buildings during this photo-op.

You don't expect Obama to manage this? Air Force One is buzzing Manhattan and Obama is oblivious, I expect Obama to be AWARE of this.

Oh wait, I understand, you're a Loony Lefty. It was Bush's fault.

You see, that's what you don't understand. Only rabid right wingers who parrot everything their masters tell them to think make stupid arguments like that. Democrats have enough sense to realize that the fly-by was the fault of someone in the Obama administration. We wouldn't blame it on Bush because he wasn't in office when it happened and had nothing to do with it.

No, I don't expect Obama to manage it. He has more than enough to keep him busy without having to keep track of the airplanes. I also don't expect him to cook the meals for visiting dignitaries or oversee the schedule on the White House tennis court.

Grow up. Obama is doing a good job after your guy completely ran the country into the ditch. Give him a chance to do it.

Guest Keith
You see, that's what you don't understand. Only rabid right wingers who parrot everything their masters tell them to think make stupid arguments like that. Democrats have enough sense to realize that the fly-by was the fault of someone in the Obama administration. We wouldn't blame it on Bush because he wasn't in office when it happened and had nothing to do with it.

No, I don't expect Obama to manage it. He has more than enough to keep him busy without having to keep track of the airplanes. I also don't expect him to cook the meals for visiting dignitaries or oversee the schedule on the White House tennis court.

Grow up. Obama is doing a good job after your guy completely ran the country into the ditch. Give him a chance to do it.

Agreed and it seems to me that if they absolutely had to have that photo op, they should have 1.) Told everybody and 2.) done it on a sunday morning.

Guest Guest

Okay, either Obama knew about it, and let it happen, or he didn't, and no one in his administration had enough sense to say "No, that's a really bad idea." You choose.

So he is either, in the first case, a megalomaniac, or an inefficient evaluator of personnel. Again, your choice.

Guest Guest
Okay, either Obama knew about it, and let it happen, or he didn't, and no one in his administration had enough sense to say "No, that's a really bad idea." You choose.

So he is either, in the first case, a megalomaniac, or an inefficient evaluator of personnel. Again, your choice.

There's a third choice, which is far more accurate. You're just looking for any opportunity to criticize the new president because you didn't vote for him and don't agree with his politics.

From Wiki: Megalomania (from the Greek word μεγαλομανία) is a historical term for behavior characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, genius, or omnipotence — often generally termed as delusions of grandeur or grandiose delusions.

Sounds exactly like "voices from god" George W. Bush.

Concerning Obama as "an inefficient evaluator of personnel"........it's too early to tell. Meanwhile, examine Bush's evaluations of personnel.......Donald "the RACK" Rumsfeld and attorney general Alberto "torture" Gonzales among any number of other deviates.

Open minded people don't limit themselves to the contrived selections of a bigot's menu, no. There are OTHER possibilities than the conveniently self-serving two pair of choices you serve up, GUEST.

My choice is to hear what president Obama had to say, which essentially was, "it wont happen again."

Now had it been the Bushchimp, he'd smirk at the nation and say, "I'm the president and you're not."

A false dichotomy. And not a particularly clever one at that.

It could also be that arranging an AF1 photoshoot just isn't an important enough issue (think Afghanistan, economy, energy, N. Korea, Supreme Court appointment, etc.) to warrant the involvement of any significant portion of the President's administration, and that an otherwise competent person simply didn't think things through all the way on this one. You'd be hard pressed to come up with any good reason to expect the former to not be the case, and the latter is a common enough occurrence. But, no, Guest would rather pretend that these very likely cases are somehow not in the realm of possibility.

Why would the POTUS be absolutely expected to know the location AND altitude of his back-up airplane especially when he's NOT IN IT? How do so many people assert to know the myriad of details and communications and also the systems that tie it all together concerning an event like this?

There's near nothing as scary as what's billed to be the greatest nation for human rights on earth rampaging a pitiful war-torn state under the international microscope of sanctions and constrictions for reasons that were false. (except perhaps, the reality that there remains deadenders that ignore this history and thereby become destined to repeat it!) <_<

Did ANYONE mention that the GOP is out of touch and essentially DEAD like that charismatic airhead Ronald Rayban?? Talk to your goomba Arlen Spector. The times we occupy now exceed the 1960s for stunning change. You can shove your god bullsh*t up the holy fadda's pedophilic stinktube. You are getting surrounded by those that know better than to fear your promotional bigotry. You deadenders are to society what the Hummer WAS to responsible/intelligent personal transportation in a peak oil world. I credit monkey boy coward George W. Bush for this change as a central catalyst. He nearly destroyed the nation, but that's apparently what it took for people to snap out of their catatonic consumptionism. :angry:

Guest Guest

so when obama does something stupid, or his people do something stupid, its just an accident or not his fault, but when bush did something stupid or his people did, it was all his fault....typical...Let me guess, since it was bush's fault for the iraq war, it was bush who was in iraq, personally getting information about weapons of mass destruction. thats what you lefties like to make everyone believe, yet obama can't do wrong...when he fails, you will say he never was given a chance because he is half black...or any other excuse you can come up with...

oh and bush causes the swine flu, global warming, stock market collapse, mortgage market failure, immigration out of control, the loss of the war on drugs, high drop out rate for blacks in highschool, and minorities being misrepresented in the prision system...give me a break..you people are a joke..

Guest Guest
so when obama does something stupid, or his people do something stupid, its just an accident or not his fault, but when bush did something stupid or his people did, it was all his fault....typical...Let me guess, since it was bush's fault for the iraq war, it was bush who was in iraq, personally getting information about weapons of mass destruction. thats what you lefties like to make everyone believe, yet obama can't do wrong...when he fails, you will say he never was given a chance because he is half black...or any other excuse you can come up with...

oh and bush causes the swine flu, global warming, stock market collapse, mortgage market failure, immigration out of control, the loss of the war on drugs, high drop out rate for blacks in highschool, and minorities being misrepresented in the prision system...give me a break..you people are a joke..

Dumbo, there's an enormous difference between starting a war based on cooked intelligence and babysitting the president's airplane. If Obama screws up like Bush did, which is extremely unlikely since no president has screwed up that badly since Coolidge and Hoover, then we'll be all over him. Until then, I suggest you get used to the fact that we the people elected him and we like him.

Guest 2smart4u
Why would the POTUS be absolutely expected to know the location AND altitude of his back-up airplane especially when he's NOT IN IT? How do so many people assert to know the myriad of details and communications and also the systems that tie it all together concerning an event like this?

There's near nothing as scary as what's billed to be the greatest nation for human rights on earth rampaging a pitiful war-torn state under the international microscope of sanctions and constrictions for reasons that were false. (except perhaps, the reality that there remains deadenders that ignore this history and thereby become destined to repeat it!) <_<

Did ANYONE mention that the GOP is out of touch and essentially DEAD like that charismatic airhead Ronald Rayban?? Talk to your goomba Arlen Spector. The times we occupy now exceed the 1960s for stunning change. You can shove your god bullsh*t up the holy fadda's pedophilic stinktube. You are getting surrounded by those that know better than to fear your promotional bigotry. You deadenders are to society what the Hummer WAS to responsible/intelligent personal transportation in a peak oil world. I credit monkey boy coward George W. Bush for this change as a central catalyst. He nearly destroyed the nation, but that's apparently what it took for people to snap out of their catatonic consumptionism. :angry:

Looks like manscum is off his meds again.