It's called The New York Times

Guest Paul

Guest Guest
Infer?

After WW II we tried and convicted Japanese soldiers for waterboarding.

The FACT that we've admitted to waterboarding makes it far more than an inference.

But, no surprise here, YOU are very consistent in your aversion to FACTS.

you are a joke. You heard that on the news by a leftist. Yeah i heard that too, I bet your glad you got to post something you thought was worth while...The part you forgot to mention was while they were tried, waterboarding was only one part of those trials, they were guilty of a LOT of other things other then just waterboarding. Next time you post, do alittle research first instead of just repeating what you hear on tv. Try google, then come back with information.

your post is like saying someone was convicted for illegally having a gun, when his trial was for murder with a gun. yeah he is guilty of illegally possession, but that wasn't the main charge in the trial...Moron..

Guest Guest
As a former NYT subscriber, I can say you're sadly correct. There'e no question the Times has drifted far left and has lost all objectivity in their reporting. I was a subscriber for over 20 years and leading up to the election, I found the one-sided cheerleading for Obama more than I could take.

Yeah, right. And I'm the queen of England. You're just another lying right wing scumbag.

Guest Guest
you are a joke. You heard that on the news by a leftist. Yeah i heard that too, I bet your glad you got to post something you thought was worth while...The part you forgot to mention was while they were tried, waterboarding was only one part of those trials, they were guilty of a LOT of other things other then just waterboarding. Next time you post, do alittle research first instead of just repeating what you hear on tv. Try google, then come back with information.

your post is like saying someone was convicted for illegally having a gun, when his trial was for murder with a gun. yeah he is guilty of illegally possession, but that wasn't the main charge in the trial...Moron..

You don't understand how to make a comparison. Your argument is like saying that someone could be convicted for possessing the water that was used in water boarding. That's the proper comparison to a gun.

Waterboarding is not merely an instrument used to inflict harm; it is the act of harming itself. A proper comparison would be to someone who commits both rape and then murder. Both are criminal and both are punishable.

You shouldn't call other people morons if you're going to make stupid arguments like that.

Guest Guest
Yeah, right. And I'm the queen of England. You're just another lying right wing scumbag.

I can see you're a NY Slimes reading intellectual.

Guest Guest

Wait a minute. This doesn't make any sense. Waterboarding is like shooting the gun, not just carrying it. It's an act of torture, not just the means to commit torture.

You really should be more thoughtful before you call anyone else a moron.

Guest Patriot
Wait a minute. This doesn't make any sense. Waterboarding is like shooting the gun, not just carrying it. It's an act of torture, not just the means to commit torture.

You really should be more thoughtful before you call anyone else a moron.

Waterboarding is not torture, it's just a form of interrogation. Only the far left Kool-Aid drinking loons call it torture. VMI (Virginia Military Institute) has been hazing new fraternity students by waterboarding them for years, and no one was ever injured or psychologically harmed.

Any clear-thinking American realizes that the greater good is what's at issue here. If American lives can be saved by waterboarding some terrorist, then I say waterboard him all day.

Americans have been decapitated by these savages yet the spineless loonies want to play pattycake with them.

BTW, waterboarding is probably the first bath some of these cave monkeys have had in years.

Guest Guest
Waterboarding is not torture, it's just a form of interrogation. Only the far left Kool-Aid drinking loons call it torture. VMI (Virginia Military Institute) has been hazing new fraternity students by waterboarding them for years, and no one was ever injured or psychologically harmed.

Any clear-thinking American realizes that the greater good is what's at issue here. If American lives can be saved by waterboarding some terrorist, then I say waterboard him all day.

Americans have been decapitated by these savages yet the spineless loonies want to play pattycake with them.

BTW, waterboarding is probably the first bath some of these cave monkeys have had in years.

Everyone should read this. Some of these right-wing Republicans are completely out of their minds.

Guest Guest

I think pattycake is considered torture so you'll have to think of something less harmful. I'm thinking soft music might be acceptable to the loons.

Guest guest

Oh the irony

Everyone should read this. Some of these right-wing Republicans are completely out of their minds.

Yep. And as moderate Republicans abandon ship, these far-right fanatics make up a larger part of what remains, making the party even less attractive to moderates and independents, or for crossover votes from Democrats.

The Republican party may eventually recover, but for now, it is still busy inflicting wounds on itself. They didn't lose the youth vote, the minority vote, or the moderate vote by not being conservative enough. And they didn't lose the far-right vote, so there's little to be gained by appealing to the base. But that is the direction they're currently going. Their future, at least for the short term, is not bright.

Guest Clear thinking American

Amen brother.

Guest *Autonomous*

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was waterboarded 183 times in March of 2003 according to the recently released CIA memos. Exactly what did they expect to get the 183rd time that they didn't get with the first 182? I'm all for putting him on trial and killing him (yes-I'm pro-death penalty-doesn't sit well with your stereotype does it?) but punitive torture is barbaric and no American should condone it.

I suppose we can add 'racist POS' to your long list of flaws. Big shock there. <_<

Guest Patriot
Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was waterboarded 183 times in March of 2003 according to the recently released CIA memos. Exactly what did they expect to get the 183rd time that they didn't get with the first 182? I'm all for putting him on trial and killing him (yes-I'm pro-death penalty-doesn't sit well with your stereotype does it?) but punitive torture is barbaric and no American should condone it.

I suppose we can add 'racist POS' to your long list of flaws. Big shock there. :lol:

I would have waterboarded him 500 times if that's what it took to save American lives.

Waterboarding is neither torture or barbaric, it's enhanced interrogation.

"long list of flaws"? Coming from a motor pool grease monkey I'll accept that as a compliment.

Did "cave monkey" offend your sense of political correctness? I'm sorry, cupcake.

Guest Guest
I would have waterboarded him 500 times if that's what it took to save American lives.

"long list of flaws"? Coming from a motor pool grease monkey I'll accept that as a compliment.

Did "cave monkey" offend your sense of political correctness? I'm sorry, cupcake.

YOU would've hid under your desk like the pissant REMF that you are

Guest Guest

Any clear THINKING American realizes that WE set our own standards and won't allow America to degenerate to the level of those savages despite the pathetic, weasely, inane, pissant, REMF wanker rants of vtwits like you.

Guest Guest

It doesn't save American lives.

It's also illegal. If we didn't want to live by the Geneva Convention, we shouldn't have signed it.

You are one of the nastiest people I have ever encountered. I wouldn't mind so much if you had something to say.

Guest Patriot

It's also illegal. If we didn't want to live by the Geneva Convention, we shouldn't have signed it.

You are one of the nastiest people I have ever encountered. I wouldn't mind so much if you had something to say.

"It doesn't save American lives"? A planned attack on the Brooklyn Bridge was uncovered by waterboarding. (The Slimes didn't cover that story).

Terrorism isn't covered by the Geneva Convention or the Army Field Manual.

I offend your loony left sense of values? TS.

Guest Guest
"It doesn't save American lives"? A planned attack on the Brooklyn Bridge was uncovered by waterboarding. (The Slimes didn't cover that story).

Terrorism isn't covered by the Geneva Convention or the Army Field Manual.

I offend your loony left sense of values? TS.

It's a shame the planned attack on your brain cells wasn't stopped, it's obvious your're no longer capable of rational thought.

Guest BOHICA

Are you aware that our own Troops are waterboarded as a part of SERE (Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape) School? In fact if you add up all of the aircrews and Special Operations personell who have attended SERE it completely eclipses any numbers of interrogations done to ANYONE so far in the WOT? The Interrogations, including the "Enhanced Methods" used were INSTRUMENTAL in stopping a number of attacks on the US, including a "Second Wave" of 9-11 type attacks which targeted buildings on the west coast, specifically Los Angeles, and San Francisco, as well as other attacks around the country, including several Cole-type attacks on US military Vessels in inshore waters on both the east and west Coasts. Also the publising of the memos along with POTUS' declaration that the methods will no longer be used have now told our enemies EXACTLY HOW FAR our interrogators are permitted to go. If he felt that strongly that it was wrong, Fine. Issue the orders and advise the commands involved that they cannot do it anymore. By making the Memo's Public however, he managed to Politicize and worse, Publicize what is now a gaping hole in our national security.

The expectation that with Pres Obama's election that the world, including Muslim Extremists would suddenly love us is both Naive and dangerous. To date The various Intelligence Agencies, Military, Federal, and Local Law Enforcement have managed to break up cells, and interrupt attacks and we have not had an attack on US soil since the El-Al shooting at LAX after 9-11. Let's hope that we can keep that up with the Intel gap that will be forthcoming now.

Guest Keith
Are you aware that our own Troops are waterboarded as a part of SERE (Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape) School? In fact if you add up all of the aircrews and Special Operations personell who have attended SERE it completely eclipses any numbers of interrogations done to ANYONE so far in the WOT? The Interrogations, including the "Enhanced Methods" used were INSTRUMENTAL in stopping a number of attacks on the US, including a "Second Wave" of 9-11 type attacks which targeted buildings on the west coast, specifically Los Angeles, and San Francisco, as well as other attacks around the country, including several Cole-type attacks on US military Vessels in inshore waters on both the east and west Coasts. Also the publising of the memos along with POTUS' declaration that the methods will no longer be used have now told our enemies EXACTLY HOW FAR our interrogators are permitted to go. If he felt that strongly that it was wrong, Fine. Issue the orders and advise the commands involved that they cannot do it anymore. By making the Memo's Public however, he managed to Politicize and worse, Publicize what is now a gaping hole in our national security.

The expectation that with Pres Obama's election that the world, including Muslim Extremists would suddenly love us is both Naive and dangerous. To date The various Intelligence Agencies, Military, Federal, and Local Law Enforcement have managed to break up cells, and interrupt attacks and we have not had an attack on US soil since the El-Al shooting at LAX after 9-11. Let's hope that we can keep that up with the Intel gap that will be forthcoming now.

Can you provide sources for your calims of averted attacks?