President Obama strengthens national security

Guest Guest

What you said was that these and most government programs were not nearly as wasteful as many people think and that government was pretty good at running things. I disagree with your assesment.

So at best you're stretching the truth.

(emphasis mine)

Considering that the article flat out states that the problem is that they cannot recruit and retrain nurses, the article does not actually support your point. Government inefficiency is not the problem here.

Jacking up your overtime is a very common form of a person abusing an inefficient system. This kind of behavior usually generates the type of statement that you put emphasis on. My manager would be fired if he allowed this type of thing to happen and made such a stupid excuse.

No matter how understaffed you are, I find it hard to justify one person making $800,000 in overtime over a ten year period. But then again you don't seem to mind putting your money into this persons pocket.

What you said was that these and most government programs were not nearly as wasteful as many people think and that government was pretty good at running things. I disagree with your assesment.

Those would be uncharacteristically sloppy statements for me, so I doubt that I made them, but if I did I will correct them if you post a link. I think in general it's better to quote a person instead of interpreting and summarizing. There seems to be a lot of misinterpretation on this forum. I also think that this apparent obsession with me isn't productive.

Those would be uncharacteristically sloppy statements for me, so I doubt that I made them, but if I did I will correct them if you post a link. I think in general it's better to quote a person instead of interpreting and summarizing. There seems to be a lot of misinterpretation on this forum. I also think that this apparent obsession with me isn't productive.

None of this is productive, but it is good for amusement.

None of this is productive, but it is good for amusement.

It could be productive, but not this way. As for amusement: Yes, I know, and unfortunately that is what news and politics have been turned into. It seems like harmless fun to spit out nonsense and watch people respond to it, but there's a real price, even on this forum.

Civility and the other civic virtues used to be valued in a way that they no longer are. So we have a nation that has become sitting ducks for a Bush or a Limbaugh whose only interest is in playing the game and gaining power.

You think it's funny. I say our relationships are serious business, even in small things. We're killing ourselves.