David Paszkiewicz's letter in the Observer

Guest Paul

Guest Patriot
On the contrary, no comparison to another language is implied by his post; he was just pointing out that our language is imprecise, which it is. A word like atheist can refer to many things, depending on who is using it and in what context. It can refer to one's belief regarding a god generally or to "God" in particular (depending on what that means in a particular context) or to the very concept of God, or it can refer to non-affiliation with any theistic-religious organization, or it can refer to a set of attitudes or to a way to approach questions involving religion and theism.

I'm very sorry that this level of sophistication exceeds your present ability to grasp it, but you really do make yourself look quite silly mocking others who are operating at a higher level of erudition and/or intellect than you are. That comparison is objectively true, and the lame and rather obvious attempt to switch from "2smart4u" to "Patriot" doesn't help your cause.

Really, every argument you've made has been thoroughly demolished, most of them from several different angles. Don't you think it's time you sat back and reconsidered your views? Seriously and sincerely, what would it take to get you to do that?

Do you really feel good about yourself, just coming here to demean others? What's the point?

Autonomous is so lucky to have Paul to interpret his thoughts and feelings. And Paul once again demonstrates his unmatched ability to spin a word into a cloud of far left jibberish.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Autonomous is so lucky to have Paul to interpret his thoughts and feelings. And Paul once again demonstrates his unmatched ability to spin a word into a cloud of far left jibberish.

Dear Stupid,

YOU had to interpret his thoughts to make your inane remarks. Unfortunately, you misinterpreted them, which is what Mr. LaClair pointed out.

He didn't interpret feelings. You're the one who keeps telling people what their motives are.

Here's what he wrote:

QUOTE (Paul @ Mar 15 2009, 08:14 AM)

On the contrary, no comparison to another language is implied by his post; he was just pointing out that our language is imprecise, which it is. A word like atheist can refer to many things, depending on who is using it and in what context. It can refer to one's belief regarding a god generally or to "God" in particular (depending on what that means in a particular context) or to the very concept of God, or it can refer to non-affiliation with any theistic-religious organization, or it can refer to a set of attitudes or to a way to approach questions involving religion and theism.

Since you didn't understand it, I'll explain it. The statement was that the English language is imprecise. You made your usual stupid remark, this time about how imprecision in the English language requires an in-depth study and comparison with other languages; only that's not true. Our language is imprecise, words having multiple meanings. Since you can't argue with that, you made another stupid remark.

Here are a couple questions I would like to see you answer:

Really, every argument you've made has been thoroughly demolished, most of them from several different angles. Don't you think it's time you sat back and reconsidered your views? Seriously and sincerely, what would it take to get you to do that?

Do you really feel good about yourself, just coming here to demean others? What's the point?

You ultra-right-wingnuts constantly harp at everyone else about responsibility, but never take any responsibility yourself. How about taking personal responsibility for your own comments for a change.

Guest Patriot

And before all the Loony typo police point out my spelling error, I will acknowledge my misspelling of gibberish.

Guest Guest

In other words, PatRat, a/k/a 2stupid4words, a/k/a BushBacker didn't understand a word of it.

Guest Private

Why don't you just leave this matter alone and focus on more important issues like taxes, the economy, jobs, etc!

Guest Guest
Dear Stupid,

YOU had to interpret his thoughts to make your inane remarks. Unfortunately, you misinterpreted them, which is what Mr. LaClair pointed out.

He didn't interpret feelings. You're the one who keeps telling people what their motives are.

Here's what he wrote:

QUOTE (Paul @ Mar 15 2009, 08:14 AM)

Since you didn't understand it, I'll explain it. The statement was that the English language is imprecise. You made your usual stupid remark, this time about how imprecision in the English language requires an in-depth study and comparison with other languages; only that's not true. Our language is imprecise, words having multiple meanings. Since you can't argue with that, you made another stupid remark.

Here are a couple questions I would like to see you answer:

You ultra-right-wingnuts constantly harp at everyone else about responsibility, but never take any responsibility yourself. How about taking personal responsibility for your own comments for a change.

What does adding colors mean. I think it's silly.

Guest Guest
What does adding colors mean. I think it's silly.

It doesn't mean anything. It's just a way of organizing the content so that it's easier to follow. Did you read it, or were you too distracted by the colors?

What's the point of your comment?

Perfect reply! You shut him up and shot him down.

It’s tempting to leave posts like this alone, but I’m not going to do it. Most of the reasonable people who read on this forum got tired of this a long time ago, including most of the stuff I write. I get that.

I don’t think you get it. I’m talking to the “reasonable” people in town, including the Davies and the Cifellis and the Doyles and our mayor, whom I admire and respect, and many others.

Approximately half the people in the United States don’t believe that evolution is a fact. But it is a fact. I’m not just referring to biological evolution of species, I’m referring to the evolutionary process. And even most of the people who accept evolution of species don’t really understand the evolutionary principle.

It is the organizing principle not only for biology but for all dynamic systems. Politicians, marketers, corporations and ordinary people all behave the way they do because certain behaviors succeed while other behaviors fail. That is the evolutionary principle at work, and it’s everywhere. It is probably the single greatest principle that we can use to understand not just biology but our lives. If you don't understand it, then you can't understand how the world works.

Simply put, evolution is the process that governs the relationship between objects in a dynamic system over time. Anyone who doesn't understand it doesn't understand how things interrelate in a dynamic system; anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't understand dynamic systems, including economics, politics, biology and social life in general.

I mention it here because the people who authored posts 209 and 210 truly, really believe that they said something. They have no concept – no idea at all - that an argument should have a relationship to ideas, so they post words that have nothing at all to do with any idea, but they sound good if you’ve closed your mind and decided in advance what you’re going to believe.

I’m posting this as a plea to the people in Kearny who sort-of get it that this is a very serious situation. We are living in a culture that is in big trouble, and our town is emblematic of that trouble. To borrow from Michael Dowd, if we don’t get the evolutionary principle, soon, we are screwed as a civilization. I kid you not.

I don’t know whether these posts will make the slightest difference, but I have to try. What is going on in this culture – our politics, our economic system, virtually everything – is lunacy. People are making political decisions with no concept of the relationship between those decisions and our future. A sizeable fraction of our population makes political choices on grounds that have nothing to do with our future. The same is true of economic behavior and nearly every aspect of our lives. The economy is in the tank today because we ignored warnings from presidents of both parties going back to the 1970s. Meanwhile, the world's population continues to climb and the world's resources are in an increasingly precarious state. And yes, it is directly related to our willingness to look the other way when confronted with ignorance.

I came onto this forum because of something that happened at Kearny High School. What I saw chilled me, and the community's response chilled me the more, including the silence from people who should know better. That it chilled me doesn't matter. That this sort of thing passes for education, and is accepted as mundane and routine, matters tremendously.

Most people don't want to hear it, but if we don’t get a handle on this, quickly, we are screwed.

Guest 2smart4u
It’s tempting to leave posts like this alone, but I’m not going to do it. Most of the reasonable people who read on this forum got tired of this a long time ago, including most of the stuff I write. I get that.

I don’t think you get it. I’m talking to the “reasonable” people in town, including the Davies and the Cifellis and the Doyles and our mayor, whom I admire and respect, and many others.

Approximately half the people in the United States don’t believe that evolution is a fact. But it is a fact. I’m not just referring to biological evolution of species, I’m referring to the evolutionary process. And even most of the people who accept evolution of species don’t really understand the evolutionary principle.

It is the organizing principle not only for biology but for all dynamic systems. Politicians, marketers, corporations and ordinary people all behave the way they do because certain behaviors succeed while other behaviors fail. That is the evolutionary principle at work, and it’s everywhere. It is probably the single greatest principle that we can use to understand not just biology but our lives. If you don't understand it, then you can't understand how the world works.

Simply put, evolution is the process that governs the relationship between objects in a dynamic system over time. Anyone who doesn't understand it doesn't understand how things interrelate in a dynamic system; anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't understand dynamic systems, including economics, politics, biology and social life in general.

I mention it here because the people who authored posts 209 and 210 truly, really believe that they said something. They have no concept – no idea at all - that an argument should have a relationship to ideas, so they post words that have nothing at all to do with any idea, but they sound good if you’ve closed your mind and decided in advance what you’re going to believe.

I’m posting this as a plea to the people in Kearny who sort-of get it that this is a very serious situation. We are living in a culture that is in big trouble, and our town is emblematic of that trouble. To borrow from Michael Dowd, if we don’t get the evolutionary principle, soon, we are screwed as a civilization. I kid you not.

I don’t know whether these posts will make the slightest difference, but I have to try. What is going on in this culture – our politics, our economic system, virtually everything – is lunacy. People are making political decisions with no concept of the relationship between those decisions and our future. A sizeable fraction of our population makes political choices on grounds that have nothing to do with our future. The same is true of economic behavior and nearly every aspect of our lives. The economy is in the tank today because we ignored warnings from presidents of both parties going back to the 1970s. Meanwhile, the world's population continues to climb and the world's resources are in an increasingly precarious state. And yes, it is directly related to our willingness to look the other way when confronted with ignorance.

I came onto this forum because of something that happened at Kearny High School. What I saw chilled me, and the community's response chilled me the more, including the silence from people who should know better. That it chilled me doesn't matter. That this sort of thing passes for education, and is accepted as mundane and routine, matters tremendously.

Most people don't want to hear it, but if we don’t get a handle on this, quickly, we are screwed.

Yet you vote for tax and spend democrats who want open borders, free health and tuition care for illegal aliens. California is almost bankrupt partly because of the illegal alien prison population and the free health care, housing and education being provided to illegal aliens. The far left loony ideas of democrats have put this country in a big financial hole (just the other day Pelosi gave a speech calling illegal aliens "patriotic"). Obama has already spent more money in his first 90 days than any other person in the history of the world and much of the countless billions will be spent on social programs directly connected to the welfare system.

You can continue to complain but until the far left gets it, we are screwed.

Guest Guest
Yet you vote for tax and spend democrats who want open borders, free health and tuition care for illegal aliens. California is almost bankrupt partly because of the illegal alien prison population and the free health care, housing and education being provided to illegal aliens. The far left loony ideas of democrats have put this country in a big financial hole (just the other day Pelosi gave a speech calling illegal aliens "patriotic"). Obama has already spent more money in his first 90 days than any other person in the history of the world and much of the countless billions will be spent on social programs directly connected to the welfare system.

You can continue to complain but until the far left gets it, we are screwed.

You just proved the point by lying about where most Democrats stand on these issues, and by completely ignoring the issue that was raised. Species don't evolve because the cat says all the mice are big, fat and slow.

Guest Patriot
You just proved the point by lying about where most Democrats stand on these issues, and by completely ignoring the issue that was raised. Species don't evolve because the cat says all the mice are big, fat and slow.

The sun rises, the grass grows, monday comes after sunday, species evolve, what's the point?

Guest Guest
The sun rises, the grass grows, monday comes after sunday, species evolve, what's the point?

There are many points.

1. Evolution is the organizing principle for biology.

2. Evolution is also the organizing principle for change in social systems.

3. Teachers aren't teaching evolution in the schools, and as a result the kids are graduating without understanding what is perhaps the greatest idea in history.

4. Politicians say things with no regard for their relationship in a dynamic system. This is especially true on the radical and reactionary right, which is where you are.

There are many other points, too. Which one would you like to discuss?

Guest Patriot
There are many points.

1. Evolution is the organizing principle for biology.

2. Evolution is also the organizing principle for change in social systems.

3. Teachers aren't teaching evolution in the schools, and as a result the kids are graduating without understanding what is perhaps the greatest idea in history.

4. Politicians say things with no regard for their relationship in a dynamic system. This is especially true on the radical and reactionary right, which is where you are.

There are many other points, too. Which one would you like to discuss?

Let's discuss your post-high school plans, you're going to need some help.