Shame on Kearny PO

Guest Shocked

Guest Shocked

Wow, all my life I have understood that you have to shovel your snow and ice from in front of your house and/or business so you wouldn't get sued and of course because it's the right thing to do. I went to the Kearny post office the other day and was shocked at what a bad job they did! They just shoveled a little area in front of the steps and the steps. They left a lot of their property un-shoveled and it was icy. Besides myself I saw elderly people struggling to get to the shoveled area. I wonder if anyone fell? Shame on you Kearny Post Office!

I agree and lately there's a lot of things the Kearny Post Office should be ashamed of. However, we no longer have a Post Master that lives in town and the Post Master no longer has a say in who is hired.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just the post office, the town of Kearny has gotten very lazy as of late. I mention the bridge on the border between East Newark and Kearny, the sidewalk was left unshoveled and salted it was nothing but a sheet of ice. Chestnut st between woodland and Johnston ave was neither plowed or salted until complaints were made to the department of public works.