The dirt's starting to stick.

Guest 2smart4u

So what do you claim Emanuel said?

You don't know.

And since you don't have any facts to back you up, you pull out the favorite wingnut all-purpose dodge: Hitler.

I repeat: What do you claim Emanuel said?

Actually, Paul has played the Nazi card quite a bit.

Guest 2smart4u
OK, so I'll say it. What do you claim Emanuel said?

I would think your minions would know by now I don't respond to minions. I don't claim to know what Emanuel said to the garbage-mouth governor. But in keeping with Chicago politics, there is no doubt a conversation concerning a replacement of Obama's liking and what it would take to make it happen.

It's clear they couldn't come to terms, but if you think Emanuel didn't illegally try to engineer a quid pro quo (with Obama's blessing) to buy the Senate seat then I have this bridge .......

I would think your minions would know by now I don't respond to minions. I don't claim to know what Emanuel said to the garbage-mouth governor. But in keeping with Chicago politics, there is no doubt a conversation concerning a replacement of Obama's liking and what it would take to make it happen.

It's clear they couldn't come to terms, but if you think Emanuel didn't illegally try to engineer a quid pro quo (with Obama's blessing) to buy the Senate seat then I have this bridge .......

You don't respond to anyone. All you do is smear, attack, mock and taunt. When you don't have any evidence, you claim "there is no doubt." That's all you're doing now.

I think our new President-elect is smart enough to have steered clear of Blagojevich. If I'm wrong, the evidence should come out. Either way, you just admitted that you have no evidence. All you're doing is spewing your usual hatred. You're bearing false witness against Barack Obama. How can you justify that?

Guest 2smart4u
I think our new President-elect is smart enough to have steered clear of Blagojevich. If I'm wrong, the evidence should come out. Either way, you just admitted that you have no evidence. All you're doing is spewing your usual hatred. You're bearing false witness against Barack Obama. How can you justify that?

The Chicago Tribune reported today that Emanuel made 21 telephone calls to Blago's office. Now maybe he called to talk about the Bears or the

Blackhawks, but my money is on the Senate seat. And while I have no evidence that Obama was involved with those 21 calls, my intuition tells me he was.

And if you were big enough to admit it, you'd agree.

Guest Combat Veteran
The Chicago Tribune reported today that Emanuel made 21 telephone calls to Blago's office. Now maybe he called to talk about the Bears or the

Blackhawks, but my money is on the Senate seat. And while I have no evidence that Obama was involved with those 21 calls, my intuition tells me he was.

Your intuition?? Too funny. Here's an example of your past "intuition"

*2smart4u* Mar 5 2008, 11:40 AM Post #1

The Defeatocrats have spoken, they prefer an Ice Queen over an Empty Suit. And I have to agree,

if the phone rings at 3 am in the White House, you know Hillary will answer it because who knows

where Bubba will be. Obama's ship has sailed, he had his moment in the sun. His message of

wanting to hold hands with Bin Laden while singing Kumbaya grew tired. So it looks like a McCain/

Clinton match up with McCain kicking her butt.

Actually, Paul has played the Nazi card quite a bit.

You still don't get it. This is not about Paul.

But since you mentioned him, he usually makes a point. If he mentions the Nazis, it 's probably not just a dodge.

On the other hand, what you just did is only a dodge. It's called the fallacy of ad hominem attack. Instead of responding to the point, you attacked the person. So I repeat: this is not about Paul.

If it's true that Emanual made 21 calls to Blagojevich's office,

SO WHAT?

If they talked about the Senate seat,

SO WHAT?

If Emanual offered Blagojevich money or other favors for agreeing to appoint someone, then he would have a problem.

But there is no evidence of that.

So when you post your usual attack against every Democrat,

SO WHAT?

You're the last person to suggest that someone else isn't big enough to admit something. You were the one who was absolutely certain Giuliani was going to be president and that Obama's campaign was going to collapse. Your intuition is obviously not reliable. You'll say anything to try to take down any Democrat.

Here’s the entire “article” from the Sun-Times:

“Sneed hears rumbles President-elect Barack Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, is reportedly on 21 different taped conversations by the feds -- dealing with his boss' vacant Senate seat!”

And just exactly what is a rumble? Is this even a hearsay claim that there are 21 calls or is it less than that? What does "dealing with" mean? If Sneed had any evidence, or even a "rumble," that Emanuel did anything wrong, it would have been in the article. And of course on that basis, 2dim is sure that Obama tried to help Blagojevich sell the Senate seat.

Weigh that nothing against this from a reliable newspaper, The Washington Post:

“At a news conference on Tuesday, Patrick J. Fitzgerald, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Illinois, went out of his way to dampen speculation about Obama.

"I should make clear, the complaint makes no allegations about the president-elect whatsoever," Fitzgerald said. "We make no allegations that he's aware of anything, and that's as simply as I can put it. . . .

"There's no reference in the complaint to any conversations involving the president-elect or indicating that the president-elect was aware of it. And that's all I can say."

Legal experts said it was unusual for a prosecutor to make such a blanket statement while an investigation was continuing.

"That carries a great deal of weight," said Jan Witold Baran, a Washington lawyer who represents politicians on ethical complaints and campaign finance matters. "It is really unusual for a U.S. attorney to say someone is not implicated.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...1003232_pf.html

Fitzgerald is in the best position to know. He’s the one who prepared a 76-page criminal complaint based on the recordings, which he obviously listened to.

Did you listen to those recordings, 2dim4words? Did Sneed? No.

Come on, 2dim4words, your guy lost the election. Get used to it. We have a lot of digging to do after January 20 to get us out of the ditch Bush and the other Republicans dug us into.

Actually, he was

The Tribune has reported Emanuel is on secret recordings discussing the seat and recommending names of Senate successors.

Politics always involves back door deals. The life blood of politics is commitments and washing each others hands.

Sometimes you break the line by directly soliciting for money. Normally it is you take care of us and later on when you need something we'll take care of you.

I would think there is nothing on Emanuel, considering how Blago was railing against Obama because Obama did not offer Blago anything concrete and up front.

I'm sure the Kennedy's talked to Paterson about Caroline's quest for the Senate. Many have suddenly have lined up to support Caroline, such as Harry Reid and Al Sharpton. Those Kennedy's: so persuasive.

Guest Extinguisher
Actually, he was

Politics always involves back door deals. The life blood of politics is commitments and washing each others hands.

Sometimes you break the line by directly soliciting for money. Normally it is you take care of us and later on when you need something we'll take care of you.

I would think there is nothing on Emanuel, considering how Blago was railing against Obama because Obama did not offer Blago anything concrete and up front.

I'm sure the Kennedy's talked to Paterson about Caroline's quest for the Senate. Many have suddenly have lined up to support Caroline, such as Harry Reid and Al Sharpton. Those Kennedy's: so persuasive.

US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald has made clear the President-Elect is not implicated.

Transcripts of the recordings include statements by the Illinois Governor that Rahm Emmanuel would not make a deal. The only open question is, assuming the Governor solicited Emmanuel, whether Emmanuel reported the solicitation to the prosecutor.

Caroline Kennedy will be the next Senator from New York. Whether or not she's the most qualified person, she is clearly the one with the highest poll numbers and would win in a landslide in the special election. If she wants the seat, it is hers, irrespective of which family members call on her behalf. Insulting comments by Republicans like Congressman King will only turn off the citizens of New York (even more than they are already) against the Republican party.

Guest Patriot
Your intuition?? Too funny. Here's an example of your past "intuition"

*2smart4u* Mar 5 2008, 11:40 AM Post #1

The Defeatocrats have spoken, they prefer an Ice Queen over an Empty Suit. And I have to agree,

if the phone rings at 3 am in the White House, you know Hillary will answer it because who knows

where Bubba will be. Obama's ship has sailed, he had his moment in the sun. His message of

wanting to hold hands with Bin Laden while singing Kumbaya grew tired. So it looks like a McCain/

Clinton match up with McCain kicking her butt.

Speaking of "too funny", ......."Combat Veteran" ?? Is that a new merit badge in the Boy Scouts? Now that's funny!

You still don't get it. This is not about Paul.

But since you mentioned him, he usually makes a point. If he mentions the Nazis, it 's probably not just a dodge.

On the other hand, what you just did is only a dodge. It's called the fallacy of ad hominem attack. Instead of responding to the point, you attacked the person. So I repeat: this is not about Paul.

Yet another minion.

US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald has made clear the President-Elect is not implicated.

Transcripts of the recordings include statements by the Illinois Governor that Rahm Emmanuel would not make a deal. The only open question is, assuming the Governor solicited Emmanuel, whether Emmanuel reported the solicitation to the prosecutor.

Yes, but the significance of that question will depend in part on how blatant Blagojevich's solicitation was. If Blago played it smart, it would have been indirect enough to be easily deniable and not particularly damning by itself, even though it might take on some significance in light of other evidence.

It's all pure speculation at this point, as we all know next to nothing about what's on the tapes. One very significant item that is NOT speculation, though, is the one you pointed out above. That Fitzgerald, who does know what's on the tapes, has flat-out stated (not hinted, not implied) that Obama is not implicated.

And yet, KOTW's very own village idiot (I don't mean you, Extinguisher) is confident, though he has not the tiniest shred of evidence, and even though he is in complete ignorance of any of the information that Fitzgerald has at his disposal, that Fitzgerald is wrong about that. If 2Smart ever gets one of his goofy predictions right, it is more likely the result of pure chance than actually having reasoned correctly.

Caroline Kennedy will be the next Senator from New York. Whether or not she's the most qualified person, she is clearly the one with the highest poll numbers and would win in a landslide in the special election. If she wants the seat, it is hers, irrespective of which family members call on her behalf. Insulting comments by Republicans like Congressman King will only turn off the citizens of New York (even more than they are already) against the Republican party.

I don't know where you got the poll numbers from but polls don't matter much when the "elite" want you in.

They will matter when there's a real election. But so does money.

When a powerful labor leader picked up the phone this week, he was surprised to hear the voice of a top aide to Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg of New York.

The aide, Kevin Sheekey, a deputy mayor, made it clear: Caroline Kennedy is going to be the next senator from New York, so get on board now, according to a person with direct knowledge of the call.

As Ms. Kennedy’s unusual campaign for the seat takes shape, the mayor’s top political strategist is pushing hard behind the scenes for her, with Mr. Bloomberg’s blessing.

The involvement has helped immediately elevate and coordinate the debut of Ms. Kennedy, who lacked an experienced political staff of her own.

But now, it is setting off a backlash among some Democrats who see in her well-orchestrated emergence the same message of inevitability and entitlement that surrounded Mr. Bloomberg’s successful bid for a third term — a campaign overseen by Mr. Sheekey.

They worry that the Bloomberg administration’s advocacy for Ms. Kennedy will only reinforce her image as a privileged Upper East Sider whose biggest base of support is from Manhattan’s exclusive social set.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/18/nyregion/18bloomberg.html

Its not an image. It is a fact.

So far, she and her minders have shown me the only thing she has going for her is being a Kennedy.

Interestingly, the NY Times had critical story on Kennedy, the title being "In Appearance Upstate, Kennedy Says Little". I go back to the same link and the title is now "Kennedy, Touring Upstate, Gets Less and Less Low-Key".

The original story stated that when she was asked why she is running and what her qualifications are, she refused to answer and walked away from the press. The press followed her and kept asking, whereupon one of her aides took her away, telling the press that she will not answering any questions. Until then, there was no problem talking to the press.

The story changed.

The revised story is

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/18/nyregion/18upstate.html?hp

You can still find remnants of the original story if you go the NY Times Web site and put into the NY Times search box "kennedy says little". You will get a page of links with descriptions. Somewhere in the page you should get a picture with

US > Image > Kennedy Says Little at Upstate Stop

Caroline Kennedy in Syracyuse, NY, with Mayor Matt Driscoll, was stopped from answering by aides when she was asked her qualifications to be ...

If you Google "rivoli kennedy says little" you will get a NY Time hit

In Appearance Upstate, Kennedy Says Little - NYTimes.com

In Appearance Upstate, Kennedy Says Little ... Kevin Rivoli/Associated Press. Caroline Kennedy walked into City Hall in Syracuse, with Mayor Matthew J. ...

www.nytimes.com/2008/12/18/nyregion/18upstate.html?partner= permalink&exprod=permalink -

But, again, this is link to the revised story with the revised headline.

This is like a murder mystery. Who killed the story?

"You use that word a lot. I don't think it means what you think it means."

(Ten points for source of attribution.)

Webster: Minion; A servile dependent. A perfect discription of the "Guests" that defend every loony word that spills from Paul's mouth.

Guest Extinguisher
Yes, but the significance of that question will depend in part on how blatant Blagojevich's solicitation was. If Blago played it smart, it would have been indirect enough to be easily deniable and not particularly damning by itself, even though it might take on some significance in light of other evidence.

It's all pure speculation at this point, as we all know next to nothing about what's on the tapes. One very significant item that is NOT speculation, though, is the one you pointed out above. That Fitzgerald, who does know what's on the tapes, has flat-out stated (not hinted, not implied) that Obama is not implicated.

And yet, KOTW's very own village idiot (I don't mean you, Extinguisher) is confident, though he has not the tiniest shred of evidence, and even though he is in complete ignorance of any of the information that Fitzgerald has at his disposal, that Fitzgerald is wrong about that. If 2Smart ever gets one of his goofy predictions right, it is more likely the result of pure chance than actually having reasoned correctly.

I agree with all except the part of "we all know next to nothing about what's on the tapes." Fitzgerald quoted key portions of the tape transcripts in his criminal complaint against Blago.

Guest Extinguisher
I don't know where you got the poll numbers from but polls don't matter much when the "elite" want you in.

They will matter when there's a real election. But so does money.

,” according to a person with direct knowledge of the call.

As Ms. Kennedy’s unusual campaign for the seat takes shape, the mayor’s top political strategist is pushing hard behind the scenes for her, with Mr. Bloomberg’s blessing.

The involvement has helped immediately elevate and coordinate the debut of Ms. Kennedy, who lacked an experienced political staff of her own.

But now, it is setting off a backlash among some Democrats who see in her well-orchestrated emergence the same message of inevitability and entitlement that surrounded Mr. Bloomberg’s successful bid for a third term — a campaign overseen by Mr. Sheekey.

They worry that the Bloomberg administration’s advocacy for Ms. Kennedy will only reinforce her image as a privileged Upper East Sider whose biggest base of support is from Manhattan’s exclusive social set.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/18/nyregion/18bloomberg.html

Its not an image. It is a fact.

So far, she and her minders have shown me the only thing she has going for her is being a Kennedy.

Interestingly, the NY Times had critical story on Kennedy, the title being "In Appearance Upstate, Kennedy Says Little". I go back to the same link and the title is now "Kennedy, Touring Upstate, Gets Less and Less Low-Key".

The original story stated that when she was asked why she is running and what her qualifications are, she refused to answer and walked away from the press. The press followed her and kept asking, whereupon one of her aides took her away, telling the press that she will not answering any questions. Until then, there was no problem talking to the press.

The story changed.

The revised story is

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/18/nyregion/18upstate.html?hp

You can still find remnants of the original story if you go the NY Times Web site and put into the NY Times search box "kennedy says little". You will get a page of links with descriptions. Somewhere in the page you should get a picture with

If you Google "rivoli kennedy says little" you will get a NY Time hit

But, again, this is to the revised story with the revised headline.

This is like a murder mystery. Who killed the story?

Many Respublicans said the same about Hillary Clinton when she began her "listening tour" in upstate New York eight years ago. (By the way, what is the former (experienced) Congressman Lazio doing these days??)

Her qualifcations: Ivy League law degree with honors, community organizer, published author, philanthropist, parent and the daughter of American royalty.

I'm not sure where you're going with the New York Times criticism. Didn't they run the story on their front page on Wednesday?

As to the poll numbers, they were reported by all the New York newspapers. (Use that search box again.) I will, however, qualify my earlier statement by saying Andrew Cuomo does rival her in popularity.