Gov. Palin and Senator Ted Stevens

Guest Extinguisher

Guest Extinguisher

Now that Alaska Senator Ted Stevens was found guilty on 7 criminal counts of fraud, but continues his campaign for re-election as Senator from Alaska, who will Sarah Palin vote for next Tuesday? Is she the corruption-buster she proclaimed at the Convention or just another Republican hack?

Guest I know, I know
Now that Alaska Senator Ted Stevens was found guilty on 7 criminal counts of fraud, but continues his campaign for re-election as Senator from Alaska, who will Sarah Palin vote for next Tuesday? Is she the corruption-buster she proclaimed at the Convention or just another Republican hack?

Answer to first question: Palin will vote for the convicted Ted Stevens.

Answer to second question: She's just another Republican hack. A very hypocritical one (in Jimmy Choos).

Guest Extinguisher
Well, Considering that Gov Palin had been petty vocal about what a douchebag Stevens is..i Doubt he'll be getting her vote...but keep trying there Sparky.

Has Palin said she won't vote for him? Has Palin asked him to resign? (The answers to these rhetorical questions are no and no.)

Interestingly even though Stevens is a convicted felon, he will be able to vote in this election. The Alaska state government ruled that Stevens will not lose his right to vote until sentencing.

I don't know if that is normal or it is a "last minute interpretation" of the rules to benefit a politician. I was under the impression once convicted you lose your voting rights (in states that remove it for felons).

That should save Stevens and the Republican party the embarrassment of one of their criminal Senators being unable to vote.