Mugging last night

ilovemyharrison

sad to hear that one of the good guys in Harrison, Lincoln School Vice Principal, Fred Osterkorn was mugged and beaten on 6th St Friday at Midnight.heard good neighbors stopped it from being worse and one of perps was caught.I heard he was injured and required medical attention.

as he does for all, I will definetly say a prayer for him and a speedy recovery.

WE LOVE YOU FREDDY O!!!!!!!

sad to hear that one of the good guys in Harrison, Lincoln School Vice Principal, Fred Osterkorn was mugged and beaten on 6th St Friday at Midnight.heard good neighbors stopped it from being worse and one of perps was caught.I heard he was injured and required medical attention.

as he does for all, I will definetly say a prayer for him and a speedy recovery.

I heard that the perps were from down neck?

If the PD caught the mugger his ass should go to jail. Fred is a good guy. Any scumbag who would do this has done it before. It is not the first time this lowlife mugged someone. The sad part about it is some piece of shit lawyer will do his best to get the mugger off so another law abiding citizen could get beat up and robbed.

How come the Jersey Journal always talks about robberies and muggings in JC but never in Harrison or Kearny. And the ledger always puts in about Newark. We are in between. I forgot nothing happens here.

If the PD caught the mugger his ass should go to jail. Fred is a good guy. Any scumbag who would do this has done it before. It is not the first time this lowlife mugged someone. The sad part about it is some piece of shit lawyer will do his best to get the mugger off so another law abiding citizen could get beat up and robbed.
Good guy ***** ******* is a big shot Harrison Detective! He should be able to wrap this case up pretty quick. If the Chief can pry him out of La Pizzaria or Chinatown!

Guest concerned citizen

I heard it was two former students of HHS, If it is the two I heard, there's no way they can afford a good lawyer and will have to do the time!!

I heard it was two former students of HHS, If it is the two I heard, there's no way they can afford a good lawyer and will have to do the time!!

I heard the same. They better get these guys. They ran into a house right on 7th st. Guess who's.

How come the Jersey Journal always talks about robberies and muggings in JC but never in Harrison or Kearny. And the ledger always puts in about Newark. We are in between. I forgot nothing happens here.

The robberies & muggings NEED TO BE IN THE LOCAL PAPER. I live here and need to know what is going on so I can be as alert to problems as possible and therefore protect my family and neighbors. People hear little bits and pieces of information and are scared. We are being treated like children who "don't need to be told the bad news because it will scare them." Give us accurate, timely information about the crime happening in Harrison so we can protect ourselves. It can only HELP the police to have more alert, informed residents looking out for each other and reporting things. As the economy gets worse, the number of "crimes of desperation" are going to increase and WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

I heard the same. They better get these guys. They ran into a house right on 7th st. Guess who's.
The guys who robbed the gas station are the ones who ran on 7th. Into a house.

The robberies & muggings NEED TO BE IN THE LOCAL PAPER. I live here and need to know what is going on so I can be as alert to problems as possible and therefore protect my family and neighbors. People hear little bits and pieces of information and are scared. We are being treated like children who "don't need to be told the bad news because it will scare them." Give us accurate, timely information about the crime happening in Harrison so we can protect ourselves. It can only HELP the police to have more alert, informed residents looking out for each other and reporting things. As the economy gets worse, the number of "crimes of desperation" are going to increase and WE NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

So what if these things hit the papers. At least people are aware of whats happening. It is happening all over other towns. Let people know to be careful. Same with break in's why aren't we told. Let's start the neighborhood watch in the observer. Please look into it Chief Kearns.

Guest 2+2 = common sense?????

Guest guest888

They are not going to put anything in the paper , they don't want anyone to know...what's the matter with You people there is no CRIME in Harrison....There was also another robbery on the weekend they broke into Harrison Industrial Supplies on s %th street on the weekend as well......NO CRIME IN HARRISON. The biggest crook is running the Town

Guest 2+2 = common sense?????

Well I would agree with your post that all the crime should be put in the local paper(Kearny Journal,Observer). I know I would like to know where this crime is taken place. It seems that the mayor,chief,town council, are downplaying all the recent violent crimes that have occurred. Even with the principal of the school getting lit up, nothing has changed(and his brother is in charge of the det. bur). But for all you citizens out there reading this CALL YOU COUNCILMAN AND COMPLAIN THAT WE NEED MORE COPS.. THE TOWN JUST HIRED A NEW DISPATCHER, REPLACING ONE WHO JUST RESIGNED THIS WEEK. THE POLICE DEPT HAS HAD AT LEAST 5 COPS RESIGN OR RETIRE OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS AND THEY HAVE NOT BEEN REPLACED, AND THERE IS NO TALK OF THEM BEING REPLACED. IF YOU FEEL SAFE WELL DO NOT. I KNOW THE POLICE ARE WORKING SHORTHANDED AND WILL ANSWER THE CALLS ( AS THEY ALWAYS DO!!!!!) BUT JUST REMEMBER WHEN ELECTION TIME COMES AROUND..... FOR THE AMOUNT OF TAXES WE ALL PAY WE SHOULD HAVE THE BEST,MOST EFFICIENT POLICE DEPT AND IT SHOULD BE FULLY STAFFED, AND I THINK THEY ARE 5 SHORT OF WHAT THEY NEED. SPEAK UP.........

AMEN! I hope that someone reading this will see that the information is published, every week. NOW!

if you know so much about these people why don't you go to the police, instead of sitting on your computor complaining. do something about these people.

if you know so much about these people why don't you go to the police, instead of sitting on your computor complaining. do something about these people.

If I know about them running up the street so do the police. The guy who was mugged in the gas station saw exactly where they went. Its up to the police to do something.

Typical coward. Claims to know the suspect but doesn't have the stones to step up. IMO, why should the cops care? Talking on their cell phones paid for by town is much easier and requires no paperwork. McMole hates the cops, always has, so its called collect a check for no work like the relatives, cronies, HFD, and other town workers. Where else can you be appointed to a six figure job without a college, resume, or even filling out an application. The cops do whatever the heck they want so too bad. You cannot probably even complain because you have a warrant.

Typical coward. Claims to know the suspect but doesn't have the stones to step up. IMO, why should the cops care? Talking on their cell phones paid for by town is much easier and requires no paperwork. McMole hates the cops, always has, so its called collect a check for no work like the relatives, cronies, HFD, and other town workers. Where else can you be appointed to a six figure job without a college, resume, or even filling out an application. The cops do whatever the heck they want so too bad. You cannot probably even complain because you have a warrant.

With the way you write, I'm wondering what college did you attend.

It must be hard keeping you computer key board dry, with all the crying you do on this web site. But, that just IMO.

It must be hard keeping you computer key board dry, with all the crying you do on this web site. But, that just IMO.

WHY DOES EVERY BLAME THE COPS WHEN THE CALL GOES TO THE DISPATCHER FIRST. I AGREE 100% SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEM TAKING SO LONG. SHIT IS GOING TO HIT THE FAN NOW.

WHY DOES EVERY BLAME THE COPS WHEN THE CALL GOES TO THE DISPATCHER FIRST. I AGREE 100% SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEM TAKING SO LONG. SHIT IS GOING TO HIT THE FAN NOW.

Yeah thye do take a while to get the call out...some of them are so damn nasty to top it off. I can't be bothered with any of it to be honest. Most of them are worth $hit IMO.

Good guy ***** ******* is a big shot Harrison Detective! He should be able to wrap this case up pretty quick. If the Chief can pry him out of La Pizzaria or Chinatown!
Did the victim of the muggings ******* show up to the scene when his ******* got beaten and was hospitalized? I know that he didn't show up when the woman was murdered and burned on Sussex St. Hey Chief this guy lives at the shore and runs the ********* ******. thats a disgrace and it's your fault! Keep covering for him and it will cost you your job.(how does Lieutenant sound) I thought that the FBI diploma would have taught you about correct personnel placement! What a crock! Then again the town made a big mistake when they jumped over qualified guys before. Is anyone running the PD? It's total chaos!