traffic light on harrison ave and washington st

Guest NON FLASHER

Guest Acient History
Why are the lights 5 minutes long? Something has to be done, the traffic in this down is ridiculous and dangerous.

---becuse back in the old days any one who was anybody had a stop light on their corner so they could get out and to the Town Hall for their "days pay"> Just ask around---that is the truth. As the town came out of the dark ages they never went back and changed anything. -----Hence the problems of today.

I'll give anyone a 1/4 for their thoughts.

See what I mean?!?!??!? :huh:

---becuse back in the old days any one who was anybody had a stop light on their corner so they could get out and to the Town Hall for their "days pay"> Just ask around---that is the truth. As the town came out of the dark ages they never went back and changed anything. -----Hence the problems of today.

See what I mean?!?!??!? :rolleyes:

I could care less about the old days I live in the now, the point I was trying to make is, if the lights were not so long the traffic may move faster and another thing the crossing guards are there to cross the children when there are no children present they shoud stay out of the damn street.

I could care less about the old days I live in the now, the point I was trying to make is, if the lights were not so long the traffic may move faster and another thing the crossing guards are there to cross the children when there are no children present they shoud stay out of the damn street.

i totally agree with you. them douche bags have the nerve to direct traffic. i blame their retarded boss. i went to complain the other day and was turned away buy

some retard in traffic. :o

How true is that about the crossing guards. Not only are they staying in the middle of the street, they have their backs to the oncoming traffic, too busy B.S.ing with each other. The other day, one of them was walking diagonally across the street drinking a cup of coffee!!

i totally agree with you. them douche bags have the nerve to direct traffic. i blame their retarded boss. i went to complain the other day and was turned away buy

some retard in traffic. :angry:

Don't compliment them by calling them retarted, because a retarted person would have more sense and brains than these people.

get rid of the crossing guards they are useless and a sore eyesight for the public to see , half of them don't seemed to know what they are doing or where they are !!!!!!!!! they are more dangerous than the children they deal with everyday.

get rid of the crossing guards they are useless and a sore eyesight for the public to see , half of them don't seemed to know what they are doing or where they are !!!!!!!!!            they are more dangerous than the children they deal with everyday.

it's like watching lab rats go :ph34r: why isn't the chief involved in their activities? are they not a link on his comstat reporting? :lol:

See what I mean?!?!??!? :o

The light on every corner was started by Frank Rodgers so that a child going to school could cross at any corner without a problem. The fact that they are NOT TIMED CORRECTLY is the responsibility of this Mayor and Council!!!

• 1 month later...
it's like watching lab rats go  :lol: why isn't the chief involved in their activities? are they not a link on his comstat reporting?  :rolleyes:

only the YES SIR, people are invited to these meetings. i heard everyone else just sits and counts their days till retirement or how many hairs have turned gray :lol: .

• 2 months later...
Guest relative
NO A LITTLE KID DID GOT BY CAR IT WAS ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT HE WAS TRICK OR TREATING THAT NIGHT HE DIDNT LOOK AND GOT HIT BY A CAR. <_<

no honey it was a high school kid hit by the car in january 2005 on the corner of harrison ave and washington, i should know because i am related to him!!!!!!!!

Guest Mary Beth Hoey

Has anyone noticed the "15 min. parking between 7-8am and 3-4pm" along side the new high school? What is the purpose of these signs? Where do they expect the 40 some odd residents to park, or do they expect we all should leave our homes at 6:45? If the intention is to allow for student drop offs I have to ask where are these kids commuting from? Harrison is one square mile and certainly most students can and do walk to and fro. I don't see any such signs at the present high school. Now I can understand a few of the more fortunate seniors may want to exercise their driving privilege and drive to school but how many cars can that alot for and if school doesn't start until after 8am aren't we just in affect holding parking spots for these students and teachers? Something seems off kilter here. Lastly, the signs do not indicate that these parking rules are only in affect Mon-Fri. This is going to cause a major problem. Someone needs to rethink this.

Guest Guest

Drop offs are more realistic at the new high school. Unlike the current high school, the new high school is no where near the center of the town. The poor kids that live on the other side of town have to now walk nearly twice as far and the students from the gardens will now be able to just roll out of bed into class...

Guest Guest
Drop offs are more realistic at the new high school. Unlike the current high school, the new high school is no where near the center of the town. The poor kids that live on the other side of town have to now walk nearly twice as far and the students from the gardens will now be able to just roll out of bed into class...

The poor kids have to walk? Are you trying to say these kids are lazy? I see a lot of these kids walking all over town after school, into Kearny and even NA. It will do them good to walk.

Guest GUEST
no honey it was a high school kid hit by the car in january 2005 on the corner of harrison ave and washington, i should know because i am related to him!!!!!!!!

WHAT DOES A 'FLASHING LIGHT' DO TO MAKE SURE THAT A PERSON CAN CROSS THE STREET SAFELY? IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED, SO ANOTHER KID OR A SENIOR CITIZEN DOESN'T GET HIT OR KILLED NEXT!!!

Guest Guest

Kids from East Newark have walked to Harrison High for years.  Are you telling me Harrison kids suddenly can't walk to school

Guest Guest
The poor kids have to walk? Are you trying to say these kids are lazy? I see a lot of these kids walking all over town after school, into Kearny and even NA. It will do them good to walk.

Yes but how long does it take for you to walk a mile? I feel for these kids. People not shoveling their walks, bitter brutal winter and drenching rains for a mile. Sounds kind of miserable to me. By the way, to the original poster, according to the sign I saw by the new high school the time limit isn't for a parking ban, it's for the 20mph speed limit. Unless we are talking about a different sign? I'm talking about the ones on Hamilton St. across from the gardens.