kearny generals football

Guest zonka

First of all, you don't know what you are talking about.  Most of the coaches don't even have kids on the team.  Second, the ones that did, showed no favoritism whatsoever.  If they played good, they stayed in the game, if not, they sat out.  Plain and simple.

Second, most of the parents who complain that their kids don't play, it's because their kids don't want to.  They are put in the game and when they get hit, they don't want to play anymore, they want to play their own position, they have no discipline, and they don't focus. 

These coaches work their asses off trying to teach these kids the basics and fundamentals of football, so when they move up, they know what's they're doing. 

So, yeah, if you want to think that the coaches are having a "private showcasing" of their own kids, go ahead, because you are dead WRONG!!!!!!  and yes, it is a team concept, and they win as a team and loose as a team.    I give these coaches a lot of credit, and would love to see them all back next year!!!!!

Amen Sister !

Amen Sister !

Thank God they let all the kids know about the ending party oh no my bad they didnt these coaches are pieces of garbage!!!! you'll see next year when half of your kids are playing soccer!!!!!!!!!!Generals football being destroyed yet again from the inside out implosion!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest mom of jr pee wee player
Thank God they let all the kids know about the ending party oh no my bad they didnt these coaches are pieces of garbage!!!! you'll see next year when half of your kids are playing soccer!!!!!!!!!!Generals football being destroyed yet again from the inside out implosion!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you talking about????

First of all, every single parent was informed about the end-of-the season party. Second of all, the party was put together by one parent, not the coaches. The parents paid for the food, the beverages, and the coaches gifts. This was a choice we as parents made to show our appreciation to the coaches, it had nothing to do with the league. All the coaches had to do was show up to the party.

A memo was given to each parent, with the details about the party, plus all parents were called as a reminder. If they chose not to attend, well, that was their loss. The party was a great success for the hard-working, dedicated coaches of the jr. pee wee team.

If there were any parents who were complaining, well, they should have read the memo or checked their messages, and they would have known, when and where the party was.

And what in the world does "wait until yourkids are playing soccer" mean???? It's people like you who give sportsmanship a bad name.

First of all, every single parent was informed about the end-of-the season party. Second of all, the party was put together by one parent, not the coaches. The parents paid for the food, the beverages, and the coaches gifts. This was a choice we as parents made to show our appreciation to the coaches, it had nothing to do with the league. All the coaches had to do was show up to the party.

A memo was given to each parent, with the details about the party, plus all parents were called as a reminder. If they chose not to attend, well, that was their loss. The party was a great success for the hard-working, dedicated coaches of the jr. pee wee team.

If there were any parents who were complaining, well, they should have read the memo or checked their messages, and they would have known, when and where the party was.

And what in the world does "wait until yourkids are playing soccer" mean???? It's people like you who give sportsmanship a bad name.

C'mon sweetcheeks, the end of the season party hasn't even happened yet! Don't worry, you will be informed with plenty of time, then you can go make plans to drop off your kid and go hit the bar scene for 2 hours while the coaches throw pizza down your kids throat and hand out trophies. Yes, your kids get trophies for showing up and disturbing the kids that really wanted to play. :wacko:

Guest lombardi

First of all, every single parent was informed about the end-of-the season party.  Second of all, the party was put together by one parent, not the coaches.  The parents paid for the food, the beverages, and the coaches gifts.  This was a choice we as parents made to show our appreciation to the coaches, it had nothing to do with the league.  All the coaches had to do was show up to the party.

A memo was given to each parent, with the details about the party, plus all parents were called as a reminder.  If they chose not to attend, well, that was their loss.  The party was a great success for the hard-working, dedicated coaches of the jr. pee wee team. 

And what in the world does "wait until yourkids are playing soccer" mean????  It's people like you who give sportsmanship a bad name.

Dear Mom,

The last thing I want to do is side with "Zonka", but I, as a pee wee parent did not recieve any memo, call or verbal information other than a sheet very early in the season asking for a donation for the coaches gifts. After that there was no other info given. Was there a party, is there a party and when is it?

This is a problem from day one, no communications, or should I say communications only for some.

C'mon sweetcheeks, the end of the season party hasn't even happened yet! Don't worry, you will be informed with plenty of time, then you can go make plans to drop off your kid and go hit the bar scene for 2 hours while the coaches throw pizza down your kids throat and hand out trophies. Yes, your kids get trophies for showing up and disturbing the kids that really wanted to play.    :wacko:

They better all get trophies or the LaClairs may sue. :lol:

Dear Mom,

The last thing I want to do is side with "Zonka", but I, as a pee wee parent did not recieve any memo, call or verbal information other than a sheet very early in the season asking for a donation for the coaches gifts. After that there was no other info given. Was there a party, is there a party and when is it?

This is a problem from day one, no communications, or should I say communications only for some.

I was there when the notes were handed out. As far as I could tell it was for everyone.

C'mon sweetcheeks, the end of the season party hasn't even happened yet! Don't worry, you will be informed with plenty of time, then you can go make plans to drop off your kid and go hit the bar scene for 2 hours while the coaches throw pizza down your kids throat and hand out trophies. Yes, your kids get trophies for showing up and disturbing the kids that really wanted to play.    :wacko:

y not have the party at the bar ? :lol::P:lol::unsure:

Dear Mom,

From what I understand, there will be a party for all of the Kearny Generals sometime in January where all of the children will get their trophies.

This party was to show appreciation to the coaches of the Jr. Pee Wee team. It was organized by a few parents. Notes were given out, I believe in October, with regard to the donations for the coaches gifts. The funds collected were also to be used for pizza, decorations and beverages. Many parents did not respond to the first note that was sent out, so a follow-up call was made. As you know, the jr. pee wee team was pretty big this year, but only about 1/2 of the parents sent in a donation. Enough money was collected for gifts, but that's about it. The rest of the decorations, pizza and beverages were all paid for by the parents, and I mean very few parents.

I'm sorry if you feel that it was communications for only certain people, but I can assure you that was not the case. As a parent, if you sent out a note trying to collect for gifts for coaches, and hardly anyone responded and then called again, what else would you do? The coaches were not involved whatsoever, they were only told where and when to arrive.

Me, I wasn't sure when the party was either, but I kept asking until a date was set.

I don't know of whom you refer when i post but the coaching was poor and the product on the field was poor and the info to parents was poor. Ask you rec dept. leader he has recieved many complaints- you want the parents involved when it suits you well it dosent work ythat way either we're allowed to be involved or not the coaches SUCKED!!!!!!! and thats the bottom line!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Last year at the award ceremony was held at Kearny High School there was standing room only. I heard the pres ask 3 TIMES that they need volenteers.

To sign up on the table by the door well on those papers at the end of the day there was 2 names???? W

THE PARTY???THERE WERE 3 PARTYS ONE FOR THE JR PEE WEE THAT WAS PUT TOGETHER BY A PARENT.A 2ND FORTHE PEE WEE,S GIVEN AND PAID FOR BY THE COACHES OWN MONEY AND THE PEE WEE,S ALSO WERE TREATED TO DINER AT

APPEL BEES.THE KIDS CAME WITH 5 DOLLARS AGAIN THE BALANCE OF THE MONEY PAID BY THE COACHES OWN MONEY. ALSO THE VARSITY TEAM HAD A PARTY AGAIN GIVEN AND PAID FOR BY THE COACHES. AND THE END OF THE YEAR AWARD PARTY IS ALWAYS THE WEEK BEFOR THE SUPER BOWL.WHERE IN

THE TOWN OF KEARNY DO YOU GET A STANDING ROOM ONLY PARTY AT THE END OF THE SEASON THAT THE PARENT AND PLAYER ARE INVITED TO THE AWARDS OR PARTY AND OFFER DRINKS AND PIZZA/////?????????SO PARTY PARTY PARTY ...........................GIVE ME A BREAK.......

THE PARTY???THERE WERE 3 PARTYS  ONE FOR THE JR PEE WEE THAT WAS PUT TOGETHER BY A PARENT.A 2ND FORTHE PEE WEE,S GIVEN AND PAID FOR BY THE COACHES OWN MONEY AND THE PEE WEE,S ALSO WERE TREATED TO DINER AT

APPEL BEES.THE KIDS CAME WITH 5 DOLLARS AGAIN THE BALANCE OF THE MONEY PAID BY THE COACHES OWN MONEY. ALSO THE VARSITY TEAM HAD A PARTY AGAIN GIVEN AND PAID FOR BY THE COACHES.  AND THE END OF THE YEAR AWARD PARTY IS ALWAYS THE WEEK BEFOR THE SUPER BOWL.WHERE IN

THE TOWN OF KEARNY DO YOU GET A STANDING ROOM ONLY PARTY AT THE END OF THE SEASON THAT THE PARENT AND PLAYER ARE INVITED TO THE AWARDS OR PARTY AND OFFER DRINKS AND PIZZA/////?????????SO  PARTY  PARTY  PARTY ...........................GIVE ME A BREAK.......

OOOOOKAY, sit down, open your pill bottle, take (2) pills, wash them down with your beer, turn off the light and lay down. You'll feel better tomorrow. :)

PARTY,,,,, PARTY JANUARY 27TH SATURDAY 1PM TO 4PM AT THE KEARNY HIGH CAFETERIA KEARNY GENERALS FOOTBALL PLAYERS ,CHEERLEADERS AND PARENTS..........NOW YOU KNOW/////////////////////// :) PARTY NUMBER 4

ALL TEAMS JR PEE-WEE PEE-WEE AND VARSITY,,,,,,,,,,,, :)

I don't know of whom you refer when i post  but the coaching was poor and the product on the field was poor and the info to parents was poor. Ask you rec dept. leader he has recieved many complaints- you want the parents involved when it suits you well it dosent work ythat way either we're allowed to be involved or not the coaches SUCKED!!!!!!! and thats the bottom line!!!!!!!!!

Well, obviously you have the right to your opinion, as I do mine, and we can go back and forth forever with regard to this subject.

As far as parents being involved, either they want to be, or they don't. No disputing the fact; and a lot of parents did not want to be involved. Some parents didn't even attend any games, how's that for involvement?

If I recall correctly, the Jr. Pee Wee Team had 3 wins this year. That is a lot more than they have had in several years. Second, the last game was a heartbreaker with the score of 7-6, and if you were there, it was an excellent defensive game. The parents who have had kids on the jr. pee wee team for the past 3 years were extremely happy with the way the season turned out. So, unless you have a kid on the jr. pee wee team, and went to every practice, and every game, you can't really have an opinion with regard to the coaching.

So, unless you have a kid on the jr. pee wee team, and went to every practice, and every game, you can't really have an opinion with regard to the coaching.

***** was in the bar during the games and practices looking for the man of her dreams !!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Well, obviously you have the right to your opinion, as I do mine, and we can go back and forth forever with regard to this subject. 

As far as parents being involved, either they want to be, or they don't.  No disputing the fact; and a lot of parents did not want to be involved.  Some parents didn't even attend any games, how's that for involvement?

If I recall correctly, the Jr. Pee Wee Team had 3 wins this year.  That is a lot more than they have had in several years.  Second, the last game was a heartbreaker with the score of 7-6, and if you were there, it was an excellent defensive game.  The parents who have had kids on the jr. pee wee team for the past 3 years were extremely happy with the way the season turned out.  So, unless you have a kid on the jr. pee wee team, and went to every practice, and every game, you can't really have an opinion with regard to the coaching.

Either my wife or I were at every practice and we were both at every game. I can't agree with you more it was a great season for the kids.

• 1 month later...
PARTY,,,,, PARTY  JANUARY 27TH SATURDAY 1PM TO 4PM AT THE KEARNY HIGH CAFETERIA    KEARNY GENERALS FOOTBALL PLAYERS ,CHEERLEADERS AND PARENTS..........NOW YOU KNOW/////////////////////// :P PARTY NUMBER 4

ALL TEAMS JR PEE-WEE    PEE-WEE  AND  VARSITY,,,,,,,,,,,,    ;)

The awards party for the KEARNY GENERALS was one of the best I have seen

in this town. The awards were very nice and they had drinks and pizza not only for the children put for all the parents wow,,The mayor was there rec commision

and councilman and woman. Kearny high coaches and a standing room only croud

in the Kearny High School cafeiteria,Had to be 200+

I never seen a ceremony like this in any other rec sport in town. nice job