Fire merger

Guest Guest

Guest InTheKnow
Will anyone confirm or deny this is happening, I heard Community Leaders support this idea. I hear the Fire Chiefs think this will create a better service.

Forget It !! Although it's a great idea that would work and would save tax dollars, you won't see it happen. It would require the agreement and cooperation of both mayors and councils. That's why it won't happen.

Will anyone confirm or deny this is happening, I heard Community Leaders support this idea. I hear the Fire Chiefs think this will create a better service.

HARRISON SHOULD BE A VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT JUST LIKE EAST NEWARK. EAST NEWARK DOES A HECK OF A GOOD JOB AND THEY ARE CALLED IN ON MOST FIRES IN HARRISON AND KEARNY, NO PAY JUST PERKS. SAVE A HELL OF ALOT OF MONEY FOR THE TOWN

The resistance from the fire depts. would be huge so would the savings. The same resistance was offered when the North Hudson Regional Dept. was created. The fireman themselves hated the idea, but there was stand up mayors who stuck together and today, it works!

We already have North Hudson Regional FD who will be taking over Secaucus very soon.... JC, Hoboken, and Bayonne will soon be South Hudson Regional FD. And Kearny, Harrison, and East Newark will become West Husdon Regional FD... Mark my words its already in the process...

Husdon County will be the only county in the State to have 3 regional FD's in operation... Big $ for all the towns and the County will get a kick back too!!!Corzine will be sure not to make the mistakes that happened in North Hudson w/ contarcts, mayors, council, etc etc etc

• 2 weeks later...
We already have North Hudson Regional FD who will be taking over Secaucus very soon....  JC, Hoboken, and Bayonne will soon be South Hudson Regional FD.  And Kearny, Harrison, and East Newark will become West Husdon Regional FD...  Mark my words its already in the process...

Husdon County will be the only county in the State to have 3 regional FD's in operation...    Big $ for all the towns    and the County will get a kick back too!!!Corzine will be sure not to make the mistakes that happened in North Hudson w/ contarcts, mayors, council, etc etc etc

I hear that Kearny Harrison and East Newark are going with the South. No West Hudson. Better for the men and tax payers.

We already have North Hudson Regional FD who will be taking over Secaucus very soon....  JC, Hoboken, and Bayonne will soon be South Hudson Regional FD.  And Kearny, Harrison, and East Newark will become West Husdon Regional FD...  Mark my words its already in the process...

Husdon County will be the only county in the State to have 3 regional FD's in operation...    Big $ for all the towns    and the County will get a kick back too!!!Corzine will be sure not to make the mistakes that happened in North Hudson w/ contarcts, mayors, council, etc etc etc

and by the way the north hudson thing still has its problems 7 years after the fact.