High School Field

Guest Guest

Can someone please tell me why the bleachers at the new high school field cannot be used? I heard from one person that it was because the bleachers are cracking that they did not pour the form right, then another said that the state still owns the bleachers and we cannot use them until the school is completed and then another said it is because they are not insured...what is going on here?

Yesterday there was a soccer scrimmage and parents and fans were not allowed into the stadium, they were forced to watch from the surrounding fences. Riding by this looked like a game being played in a third world country where fans are not allowed into the stadiums. Not to mention that they had two cops patrolling the area, one to keep fans outside the stadium and another to make sure all those standing around the fences were not unruly.

Also I heard that there will be no concession stand this year because there is no running water into the concession area...who's going to support our kids when we have no means to raise money for them???

Sorry if I've run a little long with this particular rant but our kids deserve better and it's about time people stood up for them.

Guest BlueTideBacker
Can someone please tell me why the bleachers at the new high school field cannot be used?  I heard from one person that it was because the bleachers are cracking that they did not pour the form right, then another said that the state still owns the bleachers and we cannot use them until the school is completed and then another said it is because they are not insured...what is going on here?

Yesterday there was a soccer scrimmage and parents and fans were not allowed into the stadium, they were forced to watch from the surrounding fences.  Riding by this looked like a game being played in a third world country where fans are not allowed into the stadiums.  Not to mention that they had two cops patrolling the area, one to keep fans outside the stadium and another to make sure all those standing around the fences were not unruly.

Also I heard that there will be no concession stand this year because there is no running water into the concession area...who's going to support our kids when we have no means to raise money for them???

Sorry if I've run a little long with this particular rant but our kids deserve better and it's about time people stood up for them.

State of the art stadium without running water ?? If this is true, it's a disgrace.

But considering what's been going on in this town, it really doesn't surprise me.

Can someone please tell me why the bleachers at the new high school field cannot be used?  I heard from one person that it was because the bleachers are cracking that they did not pour the form right, then another said that the state still owns the bleachers and we cannot use them until the school is completed and then another said it is because they are not insured...what is going on here?

Yesterday there was a soccer scrimmage and parents and fans were not allowed into the stadium, they were forced to watch from the surrounding fences.  Riding by this looked like a game being played in a third world country where fans are not allowed into the stadiums.  Not to mention that they had two cops patrolling the area, one to keep fans outside the stadium and another to make sure all those standing around the fences were not unruly.

You can call Councilman Dolaghan, head of school maintenance, for the answer to your questions. If you can get his unlisted phone number.

You can call Councilman Dolaghan, head of school maintenance, for the answer to your questions.  If you can get his unlisted phone number.

There is running water, it first has to be checked if it is safe, as for your rant

about the concession stand, DON'T RANT ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU VOLUNTEER

TO WORK IT!!! The big problem is going to be finding people to work in it.

The bleachers are fine, there were people in themtaping the football game

yesterday.

State of the art stadium without running water ?? If this is true, it's a disgrace.

But considering what's been going on in this town, it really doesn't surprise me.

THE STATE WON'T PAY FOR STUFF LIKE THAT, AND IF YOU THINK THE TOWN WILL YOU ARE BADLY MISTAKEN. REMEMBER THE KIDS IN THIS TOWN DON'T MEAN ANYTHING. IT IS A SHAME THAT ALL THESE BIG GIRLS CAN BUILD A COMPLETE STADIUM FOR AN OUTSIDE TEAM THAT WILL PROBABLY NOT EXIST IN 2 YEARS CAUSE THEY SU*&, BUT THEY CAN'T GIVE THE KIDS OF HARRISON A COMPLETE ANYTHING. MAYBE IF YOU STOPPED HIRING EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER THERE WOULD BE SOME MONEY TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE KIDS IN HARRISON.

You can call Councilman Dolaghan, head of school maintenance, for the answer to your questions.  If you can get his unlisted phone number.

YOU MIGHT AS WELL TALK TO A WALL AND SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND AGGRAVATION, YOU WILL GET MORE ANSWERS FROM THE WALL, ANYWAY HE DOESN'T KEEP HIS PROMISES NOR DOES HE COME THROUGH.

The bleachers are fine, there were people in themtaping the football game

yesterday.

you see there is your problem hearing what other people say, first off, cops in this town haven't been patroling anything lately, we need to raise crime rates secondly, the field hasn't completely pass the state requirements such as insurance and minor details that's why. relax you'll sit your fat ass soon enough. :angry::rolleyes:

There is running water, it first has to be checked if it is safe, as for your rant

about the concession stand, DON'T RANT ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU VOLUNTEER

TO WORK IT!!! The big problem is going to be finding people to work in it.

I'M not complaining about the water, I'm complaining about Dolaghan.

you see there is your problem hearing what other people say, first off, cops in this town haven't been patroling anything lately, we need to raise crime rates secondly, the field hasn't completely pass the state requirements such as insurance and minor details that's why. relax you'll sit your fat ass soon enough. :angry:  :(

What did I start here...all I wanted was an accurate answer to a very reasonable question. And as far as my fat ass goes, it seldom sits in the bleachers, I can always be seen helping out. Even though I never worked the concession stand because I was told that was run by the High School Booster Club and my kids were on the Pop Warner I would volunteer to sell 50/50's and cupcakes when we had them. And what's with "we need to raise crime rates"...are you on crack???

WHY WERE THE PARENTS AND GUESTS 'NOT ALLOWED' TO 'COME INTO' THE STADIUM, SIT DOWN IN THE BLEACHERS and WATCH THE GAME?????

WHY DID THE COPS KEEP THEM OUTSIDE, FORCED STANDING, TO WATCH THE GAME???

Guest heard it from the horse's mo

The bleachers will not be open to the public until the school is completed for September, 2007 for insurance purposes.

I was also told that the mayor went down to Trenton because the state was not going to let us use the stadium at all (of course, to make himself look good in an election year, he went down there (yeah, right!) in a blaze of glory to make him look like the savior) to make them let us use the stadium.

I don't believe it.

WHY WERE THE PARENTS AND GUESTS 'NOT ALLOWED' TO 'COME INTO' THE STADIUM, SIT DOWN IN THE BLEACHERS and WATCH THE GAME?????

WHY DID THE COPS KEEP THEM OUTSIDE, FORCED STANDING, TO WATCH THE GAME???

find the web site for the State Construction Corporation.They are the problem.Why would the town, or more correctly the Board of Ed, not want the people of Harrison to enjoy the facility.Why would they want to deal with the grief?Put the blame where it belongs.The high school could have easily scheduled all their games awayand you wouldn't have known the difference.So if you would like to do something besides complain at least complain to the people responsiblle-theSCC

find the web site for the State Construction Corporation.They are the problem.Why would the town, or more correctly the Board of Ed, not want the people of Harrison to enjoy the facility.Why would they want to deal with the grief?Put the blame where it belongs.The high school could have easily scheduled all their games awayand you wouldn't have known the difference.So if you would like to do something besides complain at least complain to the people responsiblle-theSCC

The Board of Ed is to blame. These arrangements and contracts should have been worked out already. The leaders of the town need to look ahead when they make plans.

WHY IS THE SCC, NOT ALOWING THE PARENTS AND GUESTS, NOT TO COME IN AND SIT IN THE BLEACHERS AND WATCH THE L0CAL GAMES UNTIL SCHOOL OPENS THERE IN 9/07? would someone from the town directors explain further?

Guest It's not on the agenda
WHY IS THE SCC, NOT ALOWING THE PARENTS AND GUESTS, NOT TO COME IN AND SIT IN THE BLEACHERS AND WATCH THE L0CAL GAMES UNTIL SCHOOL OPENS THERE  IN 9/07?  would someone from  the town directors explain further?

It's not on the agenda, and if you can spit it out in 5 minutes I don't have to answer, because your 5 minutes will be up and you can't ask another question. LOL :) get with the click

The McDonough click

The bleachers will not be open to the public until the school is completed for September, 2007 for insurance purposes.

I was also told that the mayor went down to Trenton because the state was not going to let us use the stadium at all (of course, to make himself look good in an election year, he went down there (yeah, right!) in a blaze of glory to make him look like the savior) to make them let us use the stadium.

I don't believe it.

Where did you hear that??? The bleachers will be open for next Friday's f'ball

game vs.Park Ridge!! stop with the BS already.

WHY IS THE SCC, NOT ALOWING THE PARENTS AND GUESTS, NOT TO COME IN AND SIT IN THE BLEACHERS AND WATCH THE L0CAL GAMES UNTIL SCHOOL OPENS THERE  IN 9/07?  would someone from  the town directors explain further?

THE TOWN DIRECTORS AS YOU CALL THEM COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK, THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT AND DON'T EVEN CONSIDER ADVISING THE PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN OF WHAT IS GOING ON. DON'T YOU GET THIS BY NOW? THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE PEOPLE, THEY ARE NOT FOR THE PEOPLE THEY ARE FOR THE MONEY THEY MAKE FROM THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON.