Trickle, trickle, trickle

Guest Truth Squad

Guest Truth Squad

It turns out that Palin attended six colleges in six years.

http://news.aol.com/elections/article/pali...8132x1200521689

I wonder why.

I wonder if McCain knew.

I wonder what the American people will think.

I wonder.

Lesson for the future: Always vet your running mate.

I really don't like seeing people suffer, but the Republicans deserve this one, and a little humility won't hurt Palin either.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why.

I wonder if McCain knew.

I wonder.

I really don't like seeing people suffer, but the Republicans deserve this one, and a little humility won't hurt Palin either.

Let's hope the elite, sexist media continues to shine a light on the Mc Cain campaign's less than honest attempts to present Mrs. Pit Bull (with lipstick, of course) as the saviour of the Republic Party. That someone so totally unprepared for the position of vice president, let alone president, allowing herself to be put before the American people says volumes about this woman's ego. Shame on the GOP, but I'm not surprised. When you're desperate you reach for whatever or whoever you can to bring credibility. The truth just gets lost in the shuffle.

I wonder why.

I wonder if McCain knew.

I wonder.

Is that supposed to mean something?

Guest 2smart4u
Let's hope the elite, sexist media continues to shine a light on the Mc Cain campaign's less than honest attempts to present Mrs. Pit Bull (with lipstick, of course) as the saviour of the Republic Party. That someone so totally unprepared for the position of vice president, let alone president, allowing herself to be put before the American people says volumes about this woman's ego. Shame on the GOP, but I'm not surprised. When you're desperate you reach for whatever or whoever you can to bring credibility. The truth just gets lost in the shuffle.

"someone so totally unprepared"? Sounds more like you're talking about Obama; 144 days in the Senate, no executive experience. The most inexperienced candidate for President in the history of the U.S. But he's black and has a nice smile so the Loonies give him a pass. What a farce.

Guest Truth Squad
Is that supposed to mean something?

When have you ever heard of anyone going to six colleges to get one BA degree? It's very odd.

There had to be reasons why she transferred five times. The first one, according to the AP story, was because she didn't like all the rain in Hawaii. Why the others? Did she fail classes? Get caught drinking or doing drugs? Cheating on exams? Sandbagging fellow students? This many transfers probably reflects serious problems. And if she doesn't explain the reasons, then we'll know there were problems.

The Republicans are keeping her away from interviews. It's easy to see why.

But she owes us an explanation about a lot of things, and this is one of them. Her educational background is deficient as it is, for a person seeking the vice presidency. She needs to tell us why she had to attend six colleges to get one BA degree.

"someone so totally unprepared"? Sounds more like you're talking about Obama; 144 days in the Senate, no executive experience. The most inexperienced candidate for President in the history of the U.S. But he's black and has a nice smile so the Loonies give him a pass. What a farce.

Obama has proved himself in a year and a half vetting process. He clearly has the knowledge to be president.

The farce is nominating a vice president, then keeping her away from any news conferences where she might actually have to answer an unrehearsed question. The Republicans know she doesn't know the issues, so they're keeping her away from the press. It's not going to work. People will notice.

Guest Patriot
When have you ever heard of anyone going to six colleges to get one BA degree? It's very odd.

There had to be reasons why she transferred five times. The first one, according to the AP story, was because she didn't like all the rain in Hawaii. Why the others? Did she fail classes? Get caught drinking or doing drugs? Cheating on exams? Sandbagging fellow students? This many transfers probably reflects serious problems. And if she doesn't explain the reasons, then we'll know there were problems.

But she owes us an explanation about a lot of things, and this is one of them. Her educational background is deficient as it is, for a person seeking the vice presidency. She needs to tell us why she had to attend six colleges to get one BA degree.

Right. And Obama's hard drug use and association with a terrorist gets a pass. Make me laugh.

Right. And Obama's hard drug use and association with a terrorist gets a pass. Make me laugh.

Nothing gets a pass in presidential politics. But to understand a person's past behavior and assess its relevance to his fitness for office, you have to think - which is why you didn't get very far with this. Most especially, you have to think about the significance of that behavior and the relationship between the behavior of the candidate today.

The so-called association with a terrorist is scurrilous hype (the usual Republican lie-and-smear tricks), not worth a moment's consideration. The "association," as you put it, is like going to a funeral where one of the other guests is a murderer. You may not even know, and it has nothing to do with you.

Drug use as a youth doesn't tell us very much about a man who has lived responsibly, raised two exceptionally charming girls and lead an exemplary professional life. Plenty of young people go through phases and plenty of young people experiment with drugs. It's not a predictor of future behavior, or at most a marginal one.

By contrast, attending six colleges in six years to obtain one BA degree is highly unusual. It suggests an unusual person. I would think you would want to talk about that, because being unusual isn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe she's unusual in the sense that she switched from college to college because each one of those colleges didn't live up to her expectations. Maybe that means she has exceptionally high standards - but then why is her only education a BA in journalism from a third-rate college? Maybe her college-jumping means her expectations are too rigid, that she's the kind of person who expects everyone else to be perfect without applying the same standard to herself - in other words, a my-way-or-the-highway hypocrite. There's already evidence for that. Or maybe she jumped from school to school because each school booted her out. That would say something, too, don't you think? What you can't do is put up someone for VP and expect people not to want to know more about them, or be satisfied with a few scripted sound bites that her handlers deign to feed them.

If she failed classes, or was a drug/alcohol problem, or cheating on exams, wouldn't it stand to reason, TO A RATIONAL mind, that the schools she was transferring INTO might have a problem with this behavior?? You don't just get to show up to a new school and say "Here I am!!" I think they would frown on that.

Guest 2smart4u
Obama has proved himself in a year and a half vetting process. He clearly has the knowledge to be president.

The farce is nominating a vice president, then keeping her away from any news conferences where she might actually have to answer an unrehearsed question. The Republicans know she doesn't know the issues, so they're keeping her away from the press. It's not going to work. People will notice.

Bubba Clinton was exactly right when he said; "this guy is the biggest fairytale of all time". Straight from the mouth of a former president.

If she failed classes, or was a drug/alcohol problem, or cheating on exams, wouldn't it stand to reason, TO A RATIONAL mind, that the schools she was transferring INTO might have a problem with this behavior?? You don't just get to show up to a new school and say "Here I am!!" I think they would frown on that.

You don't know, and you won't know until she comes clean. Let her explain herself. Then evaluate the explanation, good or bad. But she's the one seeking the office, and just like every other candidate she has to explain her past conduct.

Bubba Clinton was exactly right when he said; "this guy is the biggest fairytale of all time". Straight from the mouth of a former president. . .

. . . who desperately wanted his wife to win the election and establish him as unique in American presidential history.

Bubba Clinton was exactly right when he said; "this guy is the biggest fairytale of all time". Straight from the mouth of a former president.

You use Clinton like Dumbya used intel, pick and choose and use only what suits your purpose.

President Clinton had him pegged; "This guy is the biggest fairytale in history. Give me a break".

Don't you know Clinton was a racist when he said that. :rolleyes:

But not to worry, after re-education, both Clinton's have been forgiven. They are now toeing the party line: We love Obama.

I liked Biden's comment about Obama's lack of experience more:

Stephanopoulos: "Sen. Clinton, you did [say] Sen. Obama's views on meeting with foreign dictators are naive and irresponsible. Doesn't that imply that he's not ready for the office?"

Clinton: "I don't think a president should give away the bargaining chip of a personal meeting with any leader, unless you know what you're going to get out of that."

Stephanopoulos, to Biden: "You were asked: 'Is he ready?' You said, 'I think he can be ready, but right now I don't believe he is. The presidency is not something that lends itself to on-the-job training.'"

Biden: "I think I stand by the statement."

Edited to add ---

To me experience is not that important. But the above shows, if it were, then Obama is unqualified by Biden's own mouth.

Sarah Palin’s lies are coming home to roost. Apparently she didn’t realize that what she could get away with in sleepy Alaska won’t pass muster in prime time.

“Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a ‘per diem’ allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.”

The average person won’t take kindly to Palin charging the taxpayers so she could stay in her own home. When the people who were at first excited about her realize she’s a liar and a cheat, her image is going to tarnish very quickly.

Read it and weep, Resmuglicans. This is being covered all over. Little Miss Shirley Temple is going down in flames.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0803088_pf.html

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/mcca...n090908.article

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20080909/888/...for-312-ni.html

http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/thread.a...threadid=775936

Sarah Palin’s lies are coming home to roost. Apparently she didn’t realize that what she could get away with in sleepy Alaska won’t pass muster in prime time.

“Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a ‘per diem’ allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.”

The average person won’t take kindly to Palin charging the taxpayers so she could stay in her own home. When the people who were at first excited about her realize she’s a liar and a cheat, her image is going to tarnish very quickly.

Read it and weep, Resmuglicans. This is being covered all over. Little Miss Shirley Temple is going down in flames.

Oh, and she didn’t actually fire that chef either.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...08200150AAh940w

There’s a word for Sarah Palin’s behavior. It’s called “lying.”

Oh, and there’s also a word for people who habitually tell lies.

They’re called “liars.”

Sarah Palin is a liar. I'll spell it out for the ditto-heads who have trouble with simple concepts.

PALIN = LIAR

The American people are coming to see it. Her popularity will be very short-lived, except among the ditto-heads who were going to vote for McCain anyway.

You've just landed on this planet, welcome. On planet Earth we have an interesting concept, it called working from home. I did it for 12 years, I went into the office once or twice a week and worked from home 3 or 4 days a week. And the company actually paid me !! IF your post is accurate, my guess would be it was for legitimate reasons.

You've just landed on this planet, welcome. On planet Earth we have an interesting concept, it called working from home. I did it for 12 years, I went into the office once or twice a week and worked from home 3 or 4 days a week. And the company actually paid me !! IF your post is accurate, my guess would be it was for legitimate reasons.

You weren't paying attention. The money you get for working at home is called your salary. The governor of a state gets a salary, but not for working at home.

This money was above and beyond her salary. It was supposed to be for time she spent on the road. Instead, she charged her constituents a travel allowance for sleeping at home. Meanwhile, she claims to be a reformer and a fiscal conservative who does everything she does to cut government spending. She is neither of those things. She is a liar and a hypocrite.

Do you understand now?

Guest Radagast

Actually, she was collecting her salary as Governor but she was treating her trips home as business expenses and charging the State as if she were traveling. I don't think the IRS would look too kindly on that. Of course your company paid your salary for working at home but did you voucher them to pay for your meals and expenses in addition? I doubt it.

Did you also bill them and get paid the $$$ that was ONLY meant to be paid for time you spent AWAY from home?

Or are you just TOO DAMN STUPID to understand that concept?

And today's Sarah Palin scandal is . . .

. . . e-mail-gate. Sarah Palin refuses to release 1,100 e-mails, which she wrote on state time, in her capacity as governor. She can't claim otherwise because she is hiding behind the standard "we don't want to show you these!" tactic of executive privilege. Executive privilege for the governor of Alaska? Give us a break! What national security secrets is she protecting?

What we do know about the 1,100 e-mails that Palin and her handlers don't want us to see is that her husband was included as a recipient of many of them --- which completely destroys any credible argument about executive privilege.

Sarah Palin is a freaking joke!

This is like watching Britney Spears run for Vice President. The only question is whether the American people can get through the shock-value news coverage to the reality.

And today's Sarah Palin scandal is . . .

. . . e-mail-gate. Sarah Palin refuses to release 1,100 e-mails, which she wrote on state time, in her capacity as governor. She can't claim otherwise because she is hiding behind the standard "we don't want to show you these!" tactic of executive privilege. Executive privilege for the governor of Alaska? Give us a break! What national security secrets is she protecting?

What we do know about the 1,100 e-mails that Palin and her handlers don't want us to see is that her husband was included as a recipient of many of them --- which completely destroys any credible argument about executive privilege.

Sarah Palin is a freaking joke!

This is like watching Britney Spears run for Vice President. The only question is whether the American people can get through the shock-value news coverage to the reality.

You may find this hard to believe but its true that the governor of a state is the chief executive of that state. They do have executive privilege. Every governor of every state has used that privilege.

I don't know if she is hiding something or not. But even if not, the point of executive privilege is to enable the executive to be candid, to be able to make decisions without having to work behind layers of lawyers reviewing everything.

You may find this hard to believe but its true that the governor of a state is the chief executive of that state. They do have exective privilege. Every governor of every state has used that privelege.

I don't know if she is hiding something or not. But even if not, the point of executive privilege is to enable the executive to be candid, to be able to make decisions without having to work behind layers of layers reviewing everything.

Executive privilege is a convenient, all-purpose excuse, clearly not justified in this case.

This comment from Democrat Mark Penn says it pretty well

CBSNews.com: Your former colleague Howard Wolfson argued that you all unintentionally paved the way for Palin by exposing some of the unfair media coverage that Hillary Clinton received. And, therefore, a lot of the media may now be treating Sarah Palin with kid gloves. Do you agree with that?

Mark Penn: Well, no, I think the people themselves saw unfair media coverage of Senator Clinton. I think if you go back, the polls reflected very clearly what "Saturday Night Live" crystallized in one of their mock debates about what was happening with the press.

I think here the media is on very dangerous ground. I think that when you see them going through every single expense report that Governor Palin ever filed, if they don't do that for all four of the candidates, they're on very dangerous ground. I think the media so far has been the biggest loser in this race. And they continue to have growing credibility problems.

And I think that that's a real problem growing out of this election. The media now, all of the media — not just Fox News, that was perceived as highly partisan — but all of the media is now being viewed as partisan in one way or another. And that is an unfortunate development.

CBSNews.com: So you think the media is being uniquely tough on Palin now?

/Mark Penn: Well, I think that the media is doing the kinds of stories on Palin that they're not doing on the other candidates. And that's going to subject them to people concluding that they're giving her a tougher time. Now, the media defense would be, "Yeah, we looked at these other candidates who have been in public life at an earlier time."

What happened here very clearly is that the controversy over Palin led to 37 million Americans tuning into a vice-presidential speech, something that is unprecedented, because they wanted to see for themselves. This is an election in which the voters are going to decide for themselves. The media has lost credibility with them.