Do you know where your kids are?

speedy1

Yesterday, I took my four grandchildren to WH Park, for a picnic and the sprinklers and playground. All was great they were all having such a nice time. About 2pm a group of daycare children showed up maybe 25 children ranging in age from 3- 12yrs, anyway there were only two (2) gaurdians for all these children, and they were more interested in themselves than the children. One girl slipped and fell and cut her knee, they had no first aid equipment with them, not even a band-aid. One of the parents that were there with their children offered baby wipes. The children were unruley, and were just all over the place. They all were wearing red coverlets over their bathing suits, so if your children go to day care I would find out about their activities. I asked one of the children what day care they were from and they told me. But during the course of the day I took pictures of these children alone, and the two guardians off by themselves, so if you are the parent of one of these kids,please take heed. Check out what they do during their sessions! :excl:

Guest JenniferB

I take my sons over to a park on Devon, towards the Belleville Tpk and my Mom goes with us. My Mom used to work in a Daycare center and she couldn't believe her eyes when we saw a similar situation. 2 adults watching 15 children and then they make them hold ropes while walking down the street and such. My Mom was saying that there should be at least 3 workers, one at the back, one middle, and one at the front leading. It's just extremely unsafe and would never be allowed where she used to work. Oh, they also did not pay attention to the kids in the park and let them run around like "animals" which was rude and upsetting to my son because they would block the slides and such. Then they took a whole bunch of them to the store, they came back with tons of junk food!! This was right before lunch time. Everything from Pork Rinds to Ice Cream. We just sat there shocked. Thank goodness my husband makes good money so I can be home with our sons. One thing for sure, this town has changed. My Mom said she walked past a daycare center today on Kearny Avenue and they all spoke Spanish, not a word of English. We don't belong here anymore and plan on moving in a few months to a year when the market picks up.

I take my sons over to a park on Devon, towards the Belleville Tpk and my Mom goes with us. My Mom used to work in a Daycare center and she couldn't believe her eyes when we saw a similar situation. 2 adults watching 15 children and then they make them hold ropes while walking down the street and such. My Mom was saying that there should be at least 3 workers, one at the back, one middle, and one at the front leading. It's just extremely unsafe and would never be allowed where she used to work. Oh, they also did not pay attention to the kids in the park and let them run around like "animals" which was rude and upsetting to my son because they would block the slides and such. Then they took a whole bunch of them to the store, they came back with tons of junk food!! This was right before lunch time. Everything from Pork Rinds to Ice Cream. We just sat there shocked. Thank goodness my husband makes good money so I can be home with our sons. One thing for sure, this town has changed. My Mom said she walked past a daycare center today on Kearny Avenue and they all spoke Spanish, not a word of English. We don't belong here anymore and plan on moving in a few months to a year when the market picks up.

I am still bothered by this. I have always taught my children the importance of knowing where their children are going, if they were in daycare. Heaven forbid, that something happens, while these two " aides " were playing balloon toss with each other who is going to know except another child. I had thought that daycare aides had to be certified and be of a certain age, these girls were too young to watch all those children. One little boy maybe 3yrs came to my table to ask where his towel was, and if he could have some cookies because he was hungry, I mean, come on, I could get passed the cookie thing, all kids say they are hungry when they see cookies, but not to know where his table or towel was and to wander around by himself is inexcusable. So like I said parents, call and find out what your childrens schedule will be for the day and make sure there are plenty of " Adults " watching them

Guest Kearny Resident

OH MY GOD !!! little kids speaking spanish , Oh Lord please help us, cut their tongue and seal their lips.

We have to do something get the torchs and the pitchforks................<BR>

WHITE TRASH SO EASY TO SPOT. <BR>

DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS.

OH MY GOD !!! little kids speaking spanish , Oh Lord please help us, cut their tongue and seal their lips.

Look, why call names, the poster didn't, she expressed her feelings like everyone else does on here. I myself, feel out of place sometimes, but my grandchildren are bi-cultural so that doesn't bother me. The one thing that does, is that when you are in mixed company an you can speak English, but don't. That in my opinion is very rude. I made the original post because of my concern for these children, I have five grandchildren and I am not that old, but I have a problem keeping up with them, and they listen because I am the "GRANDMA", but when you have twenty-five children running in age from 3-10 wjhose responsibility is it too watch them? I saw the older kids off on thier own, the aides off on thier own having water balloon toss, and swinging on swings, while texting so who is watching the little ones, everyone else in the park, thats who, they don't even carry first-aide necessities with them! this is what my post was about, I don't think that the young woman above meant anything about, they act that way because they are Hispanic or anything else, so please if you want to respond, keep it civil. Thank you <_<

Guest JenniferB

I am used to rude and nasty people here, trust me. Sadly, this is what is becoming of this town.

The point I was trying to make is that if you have Daycare workers speaking Spanish only and kids who do not speak Spanish, it clearly becomes a safety issue. Like telling them not to touch a hot plate and because they don't speak the same language, they touch it and get burned. Just an example...but blast me if you want, I can care less.

Speedy1, it's a shame that they were not paying attention to that many children. My Mom used to work over at the daycare near Claara Maass daycare center and they were pretty strict about what they could and could not do. However, they also never paid their workers that well so I think it boils down to maybe raising the pay and the requirements to be a Daycare worker. That's a whole "other ball of wax".

I am used to rude and nasty people here, trust me. Sadly, this is what is becoming of this town.

The point I was trying to make is that if you have Daycare workers speaking Spanish only and kids who do not speak Spanish, it clearly becomes a safety issue. Like telling them not to touch a hot plate and because they don't speak the same language, they touch it and get burned. Just an example...but blast me if you want, I can care less.

Speedy1, it's a shame that they were not paying attention to that many children. My Mom used to work over at the daycare near Claara Maass daycare center and they were pretty strict about what they could and could not do. However, they also never paid their workers that well so I think it boils down to maybe raising the pay and the requirements to be a Daycare worker. That's a whole "other ball of wax".

Hey Jen B are you who I think you are? I'll give you a hint of me Camp Lewis, AH

Guest JenniferB

Nope, don't think so. Been here just 15 years or so. Used to live on Hickory Street, down by the park. Also lived on Grant Avenue long time ago, where they built that police substation. Now we are by the High School.

Oh, BTW, wanted to warn you. Someone stole our garbage the other night, yup garbage. Probably searching for information, paperwork thrown out. We bought a shredder today at Walmart. So be careful what you toss out. It's just bizarre here, truly bizarre. Now I have someone partially blocking my driveway again, sigh (this happens every few weeks!). A few weeks ago, someone left a bag of dog poop on top of my recycling can. To think, I live on a nice street but now it is all changing. Oddly, my parents are on Davis and don't have half the problems we have here. I just don't understand it, so we are moving soon as Spring comes. Even my one neighbor who has been here 20+ years said she's had enough. :(

I think he meant the WORKERS didn't speak english.........but way to show who the real trash is