Kearny BOE Vote to Backfire: KHS May Not Open as Scheduled for 08/09 S

Laura Correnti

Guest in the know

I have a few facts as to why test scores went down:

First of all this is the first year that all juniors were tested. This process was not done in the past. Students who did not have the credit were not allowed to take the test insuring that scores would be higher. This year all the juniors were tested regardless of their credit status. If you looked at the scores you would see that many students just missed the State cut-off. Now they will get a second chance to pass the test come Sept. when the HSPA is offered again. They already have one testing experience under their belts and may now realize the importance of the test.

Secondly, there are a great deal of students who have limited English skills and the law states they are required to take the test. You can be sure if I moved to another countrly and took a test in the native language, I too would fail. We have become a transient district. You want facts!!! Take a look at how many students have gone through the Kearny system from K-12. They are very few in number.

To say BC should not be the testing coordinator because scores are down is ludicrous. She coordinates the process and organization. I would challenge anyone to go into that high school and test 1800 students in limited classrooms. It is not an easy task to coordinate. And as for the scores coming back in a timely manner - I know the State sends the HSPA scores back but all those Frosh and Sophomore NJPass tests have to sent to a special testing company. Last year they sat in the high school until the end of May and were not even back for the end of the school year. This year they were sent and the scores were received by the end of May even before the Hspa scores were in. These scores were very good.........but I guess that fact sliopped your mind.

One other thing in closing: to the person who stated that"

theThe BOE members who voted no, most likely did so because they do not feel comfortable with the process and want it to change. Too many people have been given positions in the school district people they even sent in resumes["/b][/color

This is the same process that is done for all postions. 1) a postion is posted 2) a resume is sent in

3) candidates are chosen 4) candidtes are interviewd 5) candidates are recommended to the Board.

I just wonder what the reasoning was behind the six no votes. Do they honestly believe BC is not qualified to do the job??? Do they really care about the kids? Now it is reposted with no deadline date. The position was originally to start July 1. It is a twelve month postion and summer is the most important time because the schedule of 1800 students must be completed. This is no easy task and with the new computer system being implemeted for scheduling it is of the upmost importance to have a director in there to learn the system from day one.

Don't hurt the kids because of process that needs to be changed...........and you know what, if it has to be changed for this postion then change it for director of curriculum, business dept chaiperson,

teachers, coaches, nurses, administrators. etc.

A little more food for thought before closing............how many board members have children in the system or who have graduated the system. Did any of them have BC as a counselor? Did she perform her job professionally? Did she help your kids????

If you find a better person for the job then let it be so.........as of now there is no one more qualified. Don't play around with such an importance postion at the expense of the kids. The longer this drags on, the worse it will be come Sept. If you are worryin about test scores then think abou this one:

The fall HSPA will be given at the end of Sept instead of Oct. this year. At this rate we will be lucky if they even have a schedule. I am sure they will get lots of test preperation at this rate. Get them in there, get them settled and let the teachers do their job of teaching!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
150 our of how many? Approximately 1600? And how many of those don't speak English? Are you kidding me? She made sure the test was administered according to the law and scheduled how the test was to be conducted. What numbers are down 10 percent? If you had any idea what these teachers are up against you couldn't possibly make this comment. Moron.

It is 150 out of the approximately 400 students in the junior class.

Guest Guest
If what you say is true regarding board members not feeling comfortable with the hiring process, why has "no comment" been their response to their decision? What is the justification for not appointing the recommended candidate? The public is waiting...

And further, while it may be true that the DC may not have anything to do with test results coming in an timely matter, how is she responsible for whether or not students fail? That is a student-by-student case that can be attributed to factors far beyond one person's means. Commone sense. She organizes the process for testing to take place in an efficient matter. Which if you read the above post you responded to from an insider, this was the case.

And finally, just where did you get your facts from? The final testing report doesn't even come in until December so by no means can you attest to numbers being down by 10% or 150+ students failing as being firm, accurate figures. The voting public and the students deserve the truth not "personal" opinions.

The facts can be found on the internet, you just need to know where to look.

She did organize the process, however did she test the kids that were eligible for the test, or did she test everyone who has been in high school for 3 years to make it easier on her?

Guest Guest
Monday, June 16, 2008

Good Evening:

This is an open letter to the elected members of the Board of Education and the voting residents of Kearny, NJ, and may I add emphasis to the very words elected members and voting residents.

Tonight a decision was made regarding a woman that is not only my mother, but a woman who has given the voting residents of this town and their children 30 years of unblemished, dedicated and selfless service.

Barbara Correnti began her career with the intention of guiding and teaching those from her hometown and has never looked back. For 30 years she has taught students skills in home economics and child development classes that they will utilize for a lifetime. She then moved on to the guidance office where she scheduled classes for hundreds of students and guided as many more down career paths that they will be forever grateful for--some of these very students are children of current board members. Currently, she is presiding as Department Chairperson of the Reading Department with the immense responsibility of ensuring that the entire student body is tested in accordance with state policy to meet graduation requirements. Her career has hardly been thankless, in fact if you could stack the Christmas gifts, event invitations and "thinking of you" notes she has received from current and former students alike, it would rise far higher than the 1800 HSPA materials sitting on my dining room table.

Barbara Correnti gave up many nights of her life and my childhood to attend night classes at Montclair State University after a full day of teaching to pursue her dream: to become Director of Student Personnel Services in a building that has become her second home. I could never understand why someone would want to dedicate their entire life to the same town in the same building with the same people, yet I never questioned her dedication because it speaks for itself. See not only is my mother on the payroll to perform her contracted job description, but she has volunteered for various parent associations and athletic organizations, held bake sales, led the National Honor Society, woke up on Saturday mornings to teach at the KEEP program as well as monitor SAT testing, and headed up the Ski Club--all while raising two children and continuing her education to pursue her dream. Thirty years of service to get to one tabled vote to be determined by nine individuals that will go on with their own careers and dreams tomorrow not deterred by that which they took away from my mother tonight.

As a product of the Kearny school system I can confess that it was more so my mother's guidance and experience in not only scheduling and planning, but in guiding and suggesting that has given me the confidence to open doors to pursue my dreams. While the Kearny school system has given me ample opportunities to enhance the same, it was this woman and her academic and work-related experiences that provided a solid foundation. The Board's decision tonight has jeopardized the sharing of such an experienced foundation with 1800 students who may not have the opportunity to begin school on time because of selfish and outlandish personal agendas in conjunction with backdoor politics that have come to surface in the preceding weeks.

My mother gave me the opportunity to learn about public service when I attended American University in Washington, DC where I worked on Capitol Hill for a current Senator. In an office of service, where citizens are elected to serve the people and not their personal gripes, I am educated enough to understand that elected members of this Board of Education's first responsibility is to serve the students they campaigned to represent. Tonight, the Board's vote indicated the abhorrent opposite.

The hiring practices of this BOE scream "politics as usual" for Kearny yet again. The Director of Student Personnel Services position was posted for 90 days as opposed to the prototypical 30, but ELECTED members of our Board refused to vote while serving on a committee that asks to do just that in order to make a sound recommendation for hire. Why refuse when it was so easy to yell NO this evening? In doing such, this Board's 6 opposing voters sent a clear message to the public: in Kearny it's politics first, voters and well-deserved career advancement second.

Interviews were held in which my mother presented a 15-point plan that would organize the current guidance department and move it in a progressive direction to adjust and conform to the current state of our town and its student body. This plan encompassed unprecedented objectives to address the diversity that exists and the need to integrate departments to better serve students' futures, for example.

An “outsider” or anyone within the district that lacked Kearny High School experience could not have created this blueprint for success. Barbara Correnti brings a resume of qualifications and a backbone of administrative support to the table that her counterparts could not match. And yet, I waited for two plus hours of closed-session deliberations to watch elected officials sell out on the best interests of the student body they have been voted in to serve, and rather be moved as pawns in the political game that never ceases in this town.

I am not one to become involved in local political issues, as they are often self-serving power trips and retribution for age-old personal vendettas. However, this is personal and public. As a member of the voting public, I may campaign for and choose to elect whomever I feel best suits the position and may express this in the form of a sign or two, phone calls, or the simple pull of the lever in the voting booth. I do this with the trust that those who sit on the Board of Education will fulfill their duty to serve the public. Civil service is a call to action, not a call to settle personal scores. Civil service is a call to elect the best candidate for Director of Student Personnel Services, not leverage to hold out on appointing such because of issues that are off-the-record.

1800 students will inevitably get to go on with their academic careers at some point next Fall, but sadly enough 1800 students will not be privileged to benefit from the knowledge and experience of the most qualified candidate recommended by the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent and High School Principal to the board this evening: Barbara Correnti.

1800 students will eventually have a Director of Student Personnel Services, but sadly enough 1800 students have been exploited to satisfy political agendas at Barbara Correnti's expense.

1800 students will be tested by Barbara Correnti nonetheless as she resumes her current position as Department Chairperson, but sadly enough 1800 students will never be guided by her experience.

1800 students will surely want to know what their Fall class schedule is, but sadly enough 1800 students will not question an extended summer vacation.

And to those 1800 students that will soon become alumni and members of the voting public, I can only hope that you are informed of the unethical and misguided decisions made for political and personal gains that were put on display by six members of the BOE this evening when local school elections resume in Kearny.

Concerned,

Laura Correnti

The beginning part of your post regarding elected board and voting residents is made to sound like a threat.

You do know that even though the board is elected, they are still volunteers. People who put in countless hours and never get praise. If there are 9 other people who are willing to give up the amount of personal time that these people do, then let them run in the next election.

Remember, these volunteers are there for the children of Kearny, not to dish out personal favors.

Guest Guest
Ridiculous budget wasting postions! You really don't mean that the head of the Counseling Dept is a budget wasted position? You really can't pay someone enough to do that job! The head of the State testing department? That's wasteful? I don't think so. The real waste is in the custodial department, where everybody and anybody who has had a heart attack or lost their job is in! No, the people who are in administrative positions give more than they are paid. And I have to say, not knowing BC very well, that she was appointed very late (which is so typical in our district) and she did an amazing job at scheduling everything, and all went very smoothly, unlike the past.

Maybe you're right. I should probably keep quiet before the BOE hires 3 or 4 people to do this nonsense job.

Guest Guest
The beginning part of your post regarding elected board and voting residents is made to sound like a threat.

You do know that even though the board is elected, they are still volunteers. People who put in countless hours and never get praise. If there are 9 other people who are willing to give up the amount of personal time that these people do, then let them run in the next election.

Remember, these volunteers are there for the children of Kearny, not to dish out personal favors.

It would appear that the author of the original post took an eloquent, educated stance on an issue that she believes in, and unlike those in the past, attached her name to in defense of her opinion. A threat? Hardly. It appears more like a commen sense association that she felt the voters should know about the BOE which they elected. Educated persons would understand that if you read through Laura's post in its entirety she defends her position with an overview of what she feels the electorate process requires. Educated persons would agree.

To defend this well-thought letter to the BOE and voters like myself, I find myself wondering what others around town are asking: where is the justification in the board's decision not to hire BC? Why has a reason not been provided to the actual focus of this post: voting against a qualified candidate who was recommended by the administration? Instead of focusing on test scores and soccer coaches, where is the proof in the pudding that this woman could not perform the duties of Director of Student Personnel Services? It appears that answer has no sign of coming to the surface, perhaps because there isn't one. If volunteers are there for the children, and no personal favors or otherwise, why has the board not responded to the overwhelming views and responses this post has received over the course of just one week?

Kudos to Laura for having the courage to openly share her educated opinion with the rest of Kearny. It's about time someone in this town thought out loud what we've all been thinking for quite some time with regard to our school system and the politics that can jeopardize it.

Guest tax payer and parent
Monday, June 16, 2008

Good Evening:

This is an open letter to the elected members of the Board of Education and the voting residents of Kearny, NJ, and may I add emphasis to the very words elected members and voting residents.

Tonight a decision was made regarding a woman that is not only my mother, but a woman who has given the voting residents of this town and their children 30 years of unblemished, dedicated and selfless service.

Barbara Correnti began her career with the intention of guiding and teaching those from her hometown and has never looked back. For 30 years she has taught students skills in home economics and child development classes that they will utilize for a lifetime. She then moved on to the guidance office where she scheduled classes for hundreds of students and guided as many more down career paths that they will be forever grateful for--some of these very students are children of current board members. Currently, she is presiding as Department Chairperson of the Reading Department with the immense responsibility of ensuring that the entire student body is tested in accordance with state policy to meet graduation requirements. Her career has hardly been thankless, in fact if you could stack the Christmas gifts, event invitations and "thinking of you" notes she has received from current and former students alike, it would rise far higher than the 1800 HSPA materials sitting on my dining room table.

Barbara Correnti gave up many nights of her life and my childhood to attend night classes at Montclair State University after a full day of teaching to pursue her dream: to become Director of Student Personnel Services in a building that has become her second home. I could never understand why someone would want to dedicate their entire life to the same town in the same building with the same people, yet I never questioned her dedication because it speaks for itself. See not only is my mother on the payroll to perform her contracted job description, but she has volunteered for various parent associations and athletic organizations, held bake sales, led the National Honor Society, woke up on Saturday mornings to teach at the KEEP program as well as monitor SAT testing, and headed up the Ski Club--all while raising two children and continuing her education to pursue her dream. Thirty years of service to get to one tabled vote to be determined by nine individuals that will go on with their own careers and dreams tomorrow not deterred by that which they took away from my mother tonight.

As a product of the Kearny school system I can confess that it was more so my mother's guidance and experience in not only scheduling and planning, but in guiding and suggesting that has given me the confidence to open doors to pursue my dreams. While the Kearny school system has given me ample opportunities to enhance the same, it was this woman and her academic and work-related experiences that provided a solid foundation. The Board's decision tonight has jeopardized the sharing of such an experienced foundation with 1800 students who may not have the opportunity to begin school on time because of selfish and outlandish personal agendas in conjunction with backdoor politics that have come to surface in the preceding weeks.

My mother gave me the opportunity to learn about public service when I attended American University in Washington, DC where I worked on Capitol Hill for a current Senator. In an office of service, where citizens are elected to serve the people and not their personal gripes, I am educated enough to understand that elected members of this Board of Education's first responsibility is to serve the students they campaigned to represent. Tonight, the Board's vote indicated the abhorrent opposite.

The hiring practices of this BOE scream "politics as usual" for Kearny yet again. The Director of Student Personnel Services position was posted for 90 days as opposed to the prototypical 30, but ELECTED members of our Board refused to vote while serving on a committee that asks to do just that in order to make a sound recommendation for hire. Why refuse when it was so easy to yell NO this evening? In doing such, this Board's 6 opposing voters sent a clear message to the public: in Kearny it's politics first, voters and well-deserved career advancement second.

Interviews were held in which my mother presented a 15-point plan that would organize the current guidance department and move it in a progressive direction to adjust and conform to the current state of our town and its student body. This plan encompassed unprecedented objectives to address the diversity that exists and the need to integrate departments to better serve students' futures, for example.

An “outsider” or anyone within the district that lacked Kearny High School experience could not have created this blueprint for success. Barbara Correnti brings a resume of qualifications and a backbone of administrative support to the table that her counterparts could not match. And yet, I waited for two plus hours of closed-session deliberations to watch elected officials sell out on the best interests of the student body they have been voted in to serve, and rather be moved as pawns in the political game that never ceases in this town.

I am not one to become involved in local political issues, as they are often self-serving power trips and retribution for age-old personal vendettas. However, this is personal and public. As a member of the voting public, I may campaign for and choose to elect whomever I feel best suits the position and may express this in the form of a sign or two, phone calls, or the simple pull of the lever in the voting booth. I do this with the trust that those who sit on the Board of Education will fulfill their duty to serve the public. Civil service is a call to action, not a call to settle personal scores. Civil service is a call to elect the best candidate for Director of Student Personnel Services, not leverage to hold out on appointing such because of issues that are off-the-record.

1800 students will inevitably get to go on with their academic careers at some point next Fall, but sadly enough 1800 students will not be privileged to benefit from the knowledge and experience of the most qualified candidate recommended by the Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent and High School Principal to the board this evening: Barbara Correnti.

1800 students will eventually have a Director of Student Personnel Services, but sadly enough 1800 students have been exploited to satisfy political agendas at Barbara Correnti's expense.

1800 students will be tested by Barbara Correnti nonetheless as she resumes her current position as Department Chairperson, but sadly enough 1800 students will never be guided by her experience.

1800 students will surely want to know what their Fall class schedule is, but sadly enough 1800 students will not question an extended summer vacation.

And to those 1800 students that will soon become alumni and members of the voting public, I can only hope that you are informed of the unethical and misguided decisions made for political and personal gains that were put on display by six members of the BOE this evening when local school elections resume in Kearny.

Concerned,

Laura Correnti

Dear Tax payers,

After going to my sons graduation at the High School ,I can't forget what has happened to Miss Correnti. I saw her on the field standing with the Honor Society proud as ever and still in the lime light after being stabbed in the back by the Board of Education. Allot of people don't know what happened but many more do .As a tax payer and parent of several kids who graduated and are still in the school system I am shocked ,disappointed and have lost all if any respect for the higher administration .It is obvious that the Super and his people do not have what it takes to make the right decisions for the better of the District and our kids.Tax payers we have to pay taxes anyway ,why not put them to good use and elect new and competent people to make the right choices for your kids.Get rid of the politics once and for all and fight back,we are paying for it.

Concered parent and tax payer.

Guest *TAXPAYER*

If they where there for the kids they would of hired BC. FOR THE JOB HANDS DOWN.......

Guest parent
Maybe you're right. I should probably keep quiet before the BOE hires 3 or 4 people to do this nonsense job.

This is true ,it wouldn't suprise me at all .There is several jobs which should have been in place already.I understand that there is a another Chair persons position open in the Business Dept and the board still didn't interveiw for that position yet. What are they waiting for ? Mr. P is a shoe in for that Position ,lets see if they do the right thing this time.

Guest guest

As a resident and voter, I agree with "very concerned parent"..we need changes on this Board! The current Director of Guidance recommended Mrs. Correnti for the position. With 16 years of experience in that capacity why would the BOE doubt or question his recommendation. Do they know more about the job than he does?? She worked in the department for 10 years...knows the school policies, teachers, students & many parents. What more could we ask for? I understand that the high school registration for out of district students (which I'm sure there are many!) begins in 2 weeks. With no Director in place, who will register these students.. maybe one of the BOE members.

Guest guest
Budget wasting positions? Are you kidding me? The entire school revolves around the guidance department. If we got rid of this "budget wasting position"...the school would not function properly. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth.

And by the way, if you calculated the "nice pay" for all the extra work hours, you would be lucky to make MINIMUM WAGE. You can be assured that the hours far exceed any pay received.

People like Mrs. Correnti are entitled to this position....She earned it with her years of experience!

Guest guest
The facts can be found on the internet, you just need to know where to look.

She did organize the process, however did she test the kids that were eligible for the test, or did she test everyone who has been in high school for 3 years to make it easier on her?

If the facts can be found on the internet, please tell us where to look. And can you please explain what constitutes eligibilty for taking the test. Thank you.

Guest Guest
People like Mrs. Correnti are entitled to this position....She earned it with her years of experience!

No one is entitled to anything, especially a *********** person like this. This ***** *** *** ******* purposely used the BOE to have a teacher removed from a position for ***** personal reasons. This is not the **** ** ****** that should be providing ********* to anyone.

The feeling of entitlement is one of the main reason that school budgets are sky high.

Guest Guest
As a resident and voter, I agree with "very concerned parent"..we need changes on this Board! The current Director of Guidance recommended Mrs. Correnti for the position. With 16 years of experience in that capacity why would the BOE doubt or question his recommendation. Do they know more about the job than he does?? She worked in the department for 10 years...knows the school policies, teachers, students & many parents. What more could we ask for? I understand that the high school registration for out of district students (which I'm sure there are many!) begins in 2 weeks. With no Director in place, who will register these students.. maybe one of the BOE members.

I don't know who is right or wrong, but knowing Kearny, no one would give a damn if she wasn't "connected" in town.

The problem is that Kearny does things for the wrong reasons. The BoE may be the problem, or may finally have done something about the problem. We won't find out by hyperbole on either or both sides, but only if the reasons for the decisions are made known and publicly discussed.

Guest Guest

Extra! Extra! Read ALL about it!

Actions speak louder than words for Team BC.

Pick up your copy of this week's Observer for an investigative report of the BOE's unjustified, closed-door decision not to appoint Ms. Barbara Correnti featuring an interview with current Director of Student Personnel Services, Mr. Hank Russo.

Applause for the editor who has brought this issue further into the public limelight and heartfelt thanks for a job well done in pressing for the truth from the Kearny BOE on behalf of concerned taxpayers and parents townwide.

The school children of this town will prevail; as taxpaying voters we must make sure they do.

Guest Guest

Pick up your copy of this week's Observer for an investigative report of the BOE's unjustified, closed-door decision not to appoint Ms. Barbara Correnti featuring an interview with current Director of Student Personnel Services, Mr. Hank Russo.

Applause for the editor who has brought this issue further into the public limelight and heartfelt thanks for a job well done in pressing for the truth from the Kearny BOE on behalf of concerned taxpayers and parents townwide.

The school children of this town will prevail; as taxpaying voters we must make sure they do.

How is it unjustified? It's a personnel issue. Explain yourself if you're going to make an accusation like that.

Guest Guest
I don't know who is right or wrong, but knowing Kearny, no one would give a damn if she wasn't "connected" in town.

The problem is that Kearny does things for the wrong reasons. The BoE may be the problem, or may finally have done something about the problem. We won't find out by hyperbole on either or both sides, but only if the reasons for the decisions are made known and publicly discussed.

Finally someone has stated the obvious. People do no know all the facts. They only know what they have read in the beginning of this post. There are things that go on in the BOE closed session that aren't made public. Who knows what was discussed? The BOE may finally be taking a stand against the pecking order that seems to have been taking place over the years. Don't give someone a position because they have been here for however many years, give someone the position for being the most qualified.

Guest *twofaced*

Okay, Let's start from the beginning. BC last summer applied for a job of Basic Skills coordinator and testing. Before applying she knew that Russo was leaving this year. She did not meet the job description but was the person whom the administration recommended for the position. This is not the first time that a person was given a job and other people were more qualified, but just were not in the right click. The board voted yes becuase she was backed by all. Two weeks into the school year it was discovered that she was not highly qualified by state standards to be in that job. Every DC in Kearny must teach 2 periods a day, well BC could not do that, so they assigned her to the detention room for 2 periods. She made it known that she was not happy doing that job and wanted out of the position!! But because the testing was coming up she could not return to the counseling position. She stayed in the position and supposedly did a great job. The testing position is a very important job. Now after they got her situated in the position you want to move her to another position? It seems if you are a person connected to the right administrators you can get whatever you want, just look at how many times people took jobs were there for a short time then wanted to come back to their old spots. Where in the world is that ever allowed other then Kearny. It's like sampling something then saying no I don't like it!! After all this happened with her position the board has tried to change the interview system so that only qualified people can apply for positions and not just friends of the right people!! The end result is the board wants her to stay in the job she did so well in. The position is a difficult one dealing with state mandates and testing guidelines. She has only been in the position for 10 months not years like the newspaper said. Is it the boards fault that she wanted a change 10 months ago which is what she said when she applied for the the job and now the grass is not as green as she thought it would be and wants to go back. She knew Russo was leaving but was talked into applying for the testing job by people who also promised her the counseling job when Russo left. Well maybe we have finally reached the point in Kearny that jobs are no longer promised or given because who you are. The board needed to look at which way BC was more needed, in the position she was doing so well in already and was only there 10 months or in the counseling position? Both positions are extremely important to the children of Kearny how do you decide which way to go?

I think it is wonderful that she is so great at whatever she does, but maybe she is more needed at the DC and testing position then at the counseling position. Maybe the higher beings finally got caught in their you do me a favor I'll take care of you game playing with jobs. She wanted out of counseling 10 months ago now she wants back in? It seems that she listened to the wrong playmakers their plan did not work out. However lets be happy that she was able to perform her new job so well.

Guest Guest

Unjustified how? What does the article in the paper prove.

When the system worked for Correnti everything was great. *** ******** got on the BOE and got the soccer coach fired then wlaked away from his position as a board member. So much for caring about the children. Now that the system came back and bit her on the ass it's unjustified.

Don't worry, the school year will start right on time with or without Correnti. There is more manipulation by people like the Correnti's then in a Chinese math problem.

Guest Guest

When the system worked for Correnti everything was great. *** ******** got on the BOE and got the soccer coach fired then wlaked away from his position as a board member. So much for caring about the children. Now that the system came back and bit her on the ass it's unjustified.

Don't worry, the school year will start right on time with or without Correnti. There is more manipulation by people like the Correnti's then in a Chinese math problem.

Because this reply is not focusing on an issue from seven years ago, I will jump to the point in defending a colleague of mine.

For those of you unable to solve "math problems" because you may have been manipulated by politics to choose a certain side, justification means that a rational and evidenced reason is provided for not appointing someone who was recommended as the most qualified candidate after completing the interview process, by a committee and the administration, in this instance. Still, there is none. If someone can offer up a VALID, RELEVANT reason as to why BC should not be allowed to advance her career, please do.

Have you had the opportunity to work with BC? Have you seen the results of her years of success in the guidance office? Have you ever talked with one of her counselees or their parents? The Observer article proves nothing means that you are debunking the credibility of a man who has more than a decade of experience in the very position he interviewed BC for and can answer all of the above questions.

The writing's on the wall, whether you are able to read between the lines is another story.

Guest Guest

It's "than" not "then"

Guest Guest
Because this reply is not focusing on an issue from seven years ago, I will jump to the point in defending a colleague of mine.

For those of you unable to solve "math problems" because you may have been manipulated by politics to choose a certain side, justification means that a rational and evidenced reason is provided for not appointing someone who was recommended as the most qualified candidate after completing the interview process, by a committee and the administration, in this instance. Still, there is none. If someone can offer up a VALID, RELEVANT reason as to why BC should not be allowed to advance her career, please do.

Have you had the opportunity to work with BC? Have you seen the results of her years of success in the guidance office? Have you ever talked with one of her counselees or their parents? The Observer article proves nothing means that you are debunking the credibility of a man who has more than a decade of experience in the very position he interviewed BC for and can answer all of the above questions.

The writing's on the wall, whether you are able to read between the lines is another story.

The justification for not giving her the job is that BC and family manipulated the BOE for there personal reasons. It is now time to stop giving people jobs because of who they know or are related to. BC is not the be all and end all for this position. The school will not cease to function because she was not hired.

Guest Guest
The justification for not giving her the job is that BC and family manipulated the BOE for there personal reasons. It is now time to stop giving people jobs because of who they know or are related to. BC is not the be all and end all for this position. The school will not cease to function because she was not hired.

That's right. She isn't entitled to this position. It's about time someone put a stop to stinko Kearny politics that runs on nothing more than who you know.