Intelligent Design

Guest Kearny Christian

Guest Guest
Don't you Kool-aid drinkers know when your beaten?

LOL, you tell me, hotshot. Over 99.85% (no exaggeration) of life scientists reject the notion of Intelligent Design--in fact, Project Steve illustrated nicely just how teeny tiny the pro-ID crowd is.

The scientific community tried to patiently tell you that without evidence, your idea's going nowhere, but you persist in crying persecution. Then the Supreme Court hands your ass to you a few times, but you persist with the same accusation, even though the judge in the Dover case was a Bush appointee.

Don't you know when you're beaten? The game is over. You're a laughingstock, and the only way you can ever get any support is by pandering to the most gullible people out there. You have this idea that rhetoric can overcome science! :rolleyes:

Evolution is a fact whether you like it or not, including macroevolution. Deal with the fact that your anti-intellectualism IS beaten.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Darwin himself had a Lamarckian streak, as he believed that acquired culture (for example) was heritable.

Interestingly, Darwin believed in the "inherited effects of the increased use of parts"—a very "Larmarckian" view. Lamarck argued for the inheritance of acquired characteristics. Darwin felt that this was key to explain giraffe evolution; otherwise there is no guarantee that longer features in one generation will have an effect on subsequent ones. But this view of the inheritance of acquired characteristics is rejected by mainstream Darwinists today.

http://www.natureinstitute.org/pub/ic/ic10/giraffe.htm

Darwin has received a form of scientific sainthood--he is often reinterpreted in terms of modern neo-Darwinism rather than in terms of his own beliefs and writings.

Evolution was all the rage prior to Darwin publishing "Origin." But it's fair to say that Marx was not specifically influenced by Darwinism as such prior to Darwin publishing.

Good post, though. More good than bad on balance.

I remember the day when this site was about Kearny and not about religious points of view. Can we discuss topic that about Kearny for a change?

Guest Guest
I remember the day when this site was about Kearny and not about religious points of view. Can we discuss topic that about Kearny for a change?

There are several. Post there. You don't even have to open these.

However, if you don't like what's happening, you might want to discuss it with Mr. P. It was his in-class proselytizing that turned this board into what it is now.

Guest *Autonomous*

Hate on science all you want-the proper response is boom-de-yada.

The world IS wonderful. Navel-gaze all you want-I'll enjoy mystery and wonder and the fact that we don't know everything. Unlike the theists, I don't need to think I know everything.

"Somewhere out there, something incredible is waiting to be discovered."

Guest Guest
There are several. Post there. You don't even have to open these.

However, if you don't like what's happening, you might want to discuss it with Mr. P. It was his in-class proselytizing that turned this board into what it is now.

Yes, if enough people put Mr. P. on the spot, we might get--dare I dream it--an APOLOGY from the man for all his wrongdoing. Or at LEAST an admission of guilt.

I totally agree with the "forward all complaints to David Paszkiewicz" statement. It really is essentially his fault.

Guest Guest
Yes, if enough people put Mr. P. on the spot, we might get--dare I dream it--an APOLOGY from the man for all his wrongdoing. Or at LEAST an admission of guilt.

I totally agree with the "forward all complaints to David Paszkiewicz" statement. It really is essentially his fault.

The Board of Education should have sent a clear message by firing the ******* immediately. This has been going on for years, and you can bet your bottom dollar he's doing it again.

Guest Guest
The Board of Education should have sent a clear message by firing the ******* immediately. This has been going on for years, and you can bet your bottom dollar he's doing it again.

Yes, exactly. I wish more students had the guts Matthew did. Paszkiewicz wants it both ways, being allowed to preach in class, and being able to work at a public school, where the salary is probably significantly higher. Clearly the man isn't capable of keeping his pastor and public school teacher jobs separate.

Guest Guest

So says the person who obviously has no experience working with unions, administrative law or education law. Are you going to pony up for the defense fund when the school system is sued for wrongful termination?

Guest Guest
So says the person who obviously has no experience working with unions, administrative law or education law. Are you going to pony up for the defense fund when the school system is sued for wrongful termination?

What do you think the costs would be? They spent $120,000 as it was, only they spent it trying to defend indefensible conduct.

Guest Guest

Giving our kids as good an education as possible would be well worth it.

And he has no standing for wrongful termination. He did plenty to deserve it, both in terms of unethical conduct and of plain incompetence--he doesn't know the subject he teaches, period. He made that much clear in the letter he sent to the Observer.

Guest Mr. T
Yes, exactly. I wish more students had the guts Matthew did. Paszkiewicz wants it both ways, being allowed to preach in class, and being able to work at a public school, where the salary is probably significantly higher. Clearly the man isn't capable of keeping his pastor and public school teacher jobs separate.

If people cared about religious freedom and equality, there would be penalties for the kind of preaching Paszkiewicz did. Until that happens, people like him will keep doing these things, unless they're made to pay the price.

Kids should be able to go to school without having their religious beliefs trampled on. It's true for all sides, but most of the offenses are committed by the majority (1) because there are more of them, (2) because they have the power and think they can get away with it and (3) because they think it's natural. Often, the majority doesn't see how it is abusing the minority.

The test of our country's commitment to its principles will be measured by its fidelity to them. In other words, if we really value each person's right to worship freely, we should start acting like it.