Layoffs

Guest Old timer

Guest Old timer

Rumor has it some vital services will be cut. Notably Police and Fire. Should there be cuts in these departments will our taxes be reduced by 20%? Don't count county tax or school tax. For a few hundred dollars is it really worth it when you need the police or fire dept to respond to YOUR emergency? Think about it.

Guest WORRIED ALSO
Rumor has it some vital services will be cut. Notably Police and Fire. Should there be cuts in these departments will our taxes be reduced by 20%? Don't count county tax or school tax. For a few hundred dollars is it really worth it when you need the police or fire dept to respond to YOUR emergency? Think about it.

You are ABSOLUTELY right Old Timer. No it isn’t worth it and furthermore we will need to start defending ourselves from the criminals much like the McCormick’s did recently. Kudos to Maria for watching out for her neighbor and having the insight to know something wasn’t quite right. We may potentially need to arm ourselves in an effort to protect or home and children and the mere thought of that brings to mind some very ugly, scary scenarios. Criminal activity on any level will prey on the weak and without our entire police and fireman word will spread and we WILL be marked as venerable. Not worth a couple hundred buck’s to anyone. I pray daily that the Mayor and council have the courage and forethought to find a solution to our fiscal problems elsewhere.

Guest 3rd floor

Why not get rid of the Mayor's 2 or 3 secerataries making 100 thousand a year?

You are ABSOLUTELY right Old Timer. No it isn’t worth it and furthermore we will need to start defending ourselves from the criminals much like the McCormick’s did recently. Kudos to Maria for watching out for her neighbor and having the insight to know something wasn’t quite right. We may potentially need to arm ourselves in an effort to protect or home and children and the mere thought of that brings to mind some very ugly, scary scenarios. Criminal activity on any level will prey on the weak and without our entire police and fireman word will spread and we WILL be marked as venerable. Not worth a couple hundred buck’s to anyone. I pray daily that the Mayor and council have the courage and forethought to find a solution to our fiscal problems elsewhere.

Think about this: our Townis around Newark , Jersey City & New York Prime targets if there was another terror attack We would be in big trouble if any of our services was cut even DPW. Be sides the attacks what if we was to get a noreastern that dumps 16" of snow we would be broght to a dead stop.

Guest friend of mayor

have no fear tom powell will be there. word is he is working deep deep undercover so much so that his code name was revealed tonight "LANDLORD". i also hear that jim doran will be protesting he won't be getting visits from his favorite cop anymore!

Guest Guest
Think about this: our Townis around Newark , Jersey City & New York Prime targets if there was another terror attack We would be in big trouble if any of our services was cut even DPW. Be sides the attacks what if we was to get a noreastern that dumps 16" of snow we would be broght to a dead stop.

Yes we are between Jersey City and Newark we do have crime and we do get snow we also have people who need EMS we are always in danger of another terror attack so the fire dept. should get everything they need and the police need to be kept but not in the DB standing arround IN UNIFORM and WORKING as for the DPW they can really be cut to what they only need not all the riding arround town in trucks doing nothing they are in new vechiles and usung fuel just that alone should save a good dollar. This winter no real snow so how much was saved no word on that?

Again the word is there is no crime so why all the crying?

Guest guest

There is no crime, what town do you live in anyway. As far the PD they are starring a 25,500 seat stadium in the face with 50 cops. There will be no help from the State or the County. The Town owns the land the stadium is on. The parking deck is funded by the county but the town owns the property. So do you get it know. The stadium will be complete in the summer/ fall of 2009.

The mayor refuses to even discuss the future of plans to secure the stadium and the town during an event.

Guest Guest
have no fear tom powell will be there. word is he is working deep deep undercover so much so that his code name was revealed tonight "LANDLORD". i also hear that jim doran will be protesting he won't be getting visits from his favorite cop anymore!

who is that? i heard it's a revolving door each month. :angry::lol:

Guest Guest
it quacks like a duck and waddles like one! lmao :rolleyes:

I agree. Do not cut the police, but the fire department is another story, the town hall, the Street and water departments and don't forget the health and violation departments.. And leave the crossing guards alone. They make very little money and very little hours. Cut one of the secretaries or force Borek in retirement. Also do we really need all thoes school superintendants? Lets get real. You start from the top and work your way down. You cut out the big salaries not the little ones. Large companies when they are cutting back they cut the big guys not thw clerks. That is how you save money. For instance, get rid og Broek, shes got to be 80 and combine her job with Joanies. Joanie makes enough, I am sure she can handle the both. Let her work for her 100 grand. That also goes with the fireman. Just pay the guys that do the EMS and the rest be volenteers like East Newark. Any time we have a fire we have to call thw other town in anyway.

Guest Guest

Want to save money?

Cut

Bob Murray $300,000-plus

Paul Z $157,220

Beth H $139,804

Marge P $124,772

Marion B $116,880

Joan W $99,940

Gregory K $44,469 ($91,837 total)

Tom P $55,244

Antoniette Mc $52,476

plus all the other town workers that are well beyond the retirement age that are stil holding town jobs. thanks for your service but it is time to go.

There's about a million right there and I didn't even touch on the board of education.

Guest Guest
I agree. Do not cut the police, but the fire department is another story, the town hall, the Street and water departments and don't forget the health and violation departments.. And leave the crossing guards alone. They make very little money and very little hours. Cut one of the secretaries or force Borek in retirement. Also do we really need all thoes school superintendants? Lets get real. You start from the top and work your way down. You cut out the big salaries not the little ones. Large companies when they are cutting back they cut the big guys not thw clerks. That is how you save money. For instance, get rid og Broek, shes got to be 80 and combine her job with Joanies. Joanie makes enough, I am sure she can handle the both. Let her work for her 100 grand. That also goes with the fireman. Just pay the guys that do the EMS and the rest be volenteers like East Newark. Any time we have a fire we have to call thw other town in anyway.

i'm thinking your one of those clerks that does nothing and doesn't live in town. f-u let's start with your job first then your family members!

Guest guest

Funny, you are leaving out a big range of money in there (and other "families" if you know what I mean)...............those salaries you listed (whoever you are) seem to be of certain people YOU must have an axe to grind with..................there's way more fat to trim than those people...............there's alot of political jobs that would save more money than those...................what about the people who make somewhere in the 60 - 70- 80- 90 thousand dollar range?

Clearly from who you chose to put on "your list'' you've got issues with those people......................keep business as business and keep your personal axes to grind out of our town business!!!!!

And again I will ask..................how many people does it take to clean town hall? How many street guys do we need out there wandering around trying to look busy?

Guest Guest
Want to save money?

Cut

Bob Murray $300,000-plus

Paul Z $157,220

Beth H $139,804

Marge P $124,772

Marion B $116,880

Joan W $99,940

Gregory K $44,469 ($91,837 total)

Tom P $55,244

Antoniette Mc $52,476

plus all the other town workers that are well beyond the retirement age that are stil holding town jobs. thanks for your service but it is time to go.

There's about a million right there and I didn't even touch on the board of education.

Then head to the DPW and clean 20 out there including the one Big one with the criminal record, the Violations Bueau, the BOH they don't do much as you can see there is dog shit and filth all over town and what they should look at is the atendance of Employees, get rid of the time abusers and also stop the unlimited sick time when you stop docking these cops they will come to work.

Guest guest
Then head to the DPW and clean 20 out there including the one Big one with the criminal record, the Violations Bueau, the BOH they don't do much as you can see there is dog shit and filth all over town and what they should look at is the atendance of Employees, get rid of the time abusers and also stop the unlimited sick time when you stop docking these cops they will come to work.

Get rid of the guy who is sleeping on the job all day while he's riding in the dpw truck. He's making 50 something for sleeping. Its really unbelievable. And the violations dept never had more then 4 people. Now there's about 9. Can you believe that.Talk about laying off. Take 2 or 3 from every dept and they will do just fine. And the town can get back on their feet.Let's get moving why wait.

Guest guest
Get rid of the guy who is sleeping on the job all day while he's riding in the dpw truck. He's making 50 something for sleeping. Its really unbelievable. And the violations dept never had more then 4 people. Now there's about 9. Can you believe that.Talk about laying off. Take 2 or 3 from every dept and they will do just fine. And the town can get back on their feet.Let's get moving why wait.

Marion B. may be making 116,00 after about 50 years. Look how much Joan W is making in about 10 years.

Guest "guest"
Funny, you are leaving out a big range of money in there (and other "families" if you know what I mean)...............those salaries you listed (whoever you are) seem to be of certain people YOU must have an axe to grind with..................there's way more fat to trim than those people...............there's alot of political jobs that would save more money than those...................what about the people who make somewhere in the 60 - 70- 80- 90 thousand dollar range?

Clearly from who you chose to put on "your list'' you've got issues with those people......................keep business as business and keep your personal axes to grind out of our town business!!!!!

And again I will ask..................how many people does it take to clean town hall? How many street guys do we need out there wandering around trying to look busy?

Actually pal, I don't have an axe to grind with anybody. I just listed some salaries, "certain people" as you refer to them as. That is unintentional, despite your belief. I just listed a few of the salaries of those who could be trimmed. I didn't imply nor would I believe that my salary list is the ultimate hit list. There are many others, as both you and other writers mentioned that would be warranted to cut, and I concur with you. You could have added them to my list instead of accusing me of not listing them. I see that you make certain "family" implications. What are you afraid to mention his name? There's DPW, board of ed, created and still undefined positions that can easily be cut. There are also people on the payroll well beyond the retirement age, some are actually in their 80's. That's where a lot of your money is going. Like I said, thanks for your service to the community but now its time to go.

Guest Guest
Marion B. may be making 116,00 after about 50 years. Look how much Joan W is making in about 10 years.

Get them both out and the husband too he does his outside work ** **** *****

Guest Ba-Da Bling

I also hear that Jim Doran will be protesting that he won't be getting visits from his ******* *** anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
I also hear that Jim Doran will be protesting that he won't be getting visits from his ******* *** anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what r you a groupie? what happens at that back door...........stays at that back door! now go back on **** *****............*** ***!

Guest guest
Get them both out and the husband too he does his outside work ** **** *****

The mayor's secretary, plus some other titles, could be turned into part-time positions.

Guest Guest

Get rid of the big guy who is stealing!!!!

Guest Just peaking

Before the town can layoff any employees they must report it to the state. If they don't report it to the state it's just another way the town plays by their own rules.

So keep an eye out this page, it will eventually tell you when and how many

http://www.doleta.gov/programs/factsht/warn.htm

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/lwdhome/w.../warnindex.html

Guest Bunhead

Both are making about 50,000 to much