The Stevenson, Torres, Mayor Santos Connection?

Guest Kearny Parent

Guest School Watch
The Board of Education needs to monitor fees, material costs, and have the G.C make available to the board a list of all sub contractors doing the work , supply companies that are providing materials, Monitor change orders that will lead to cost over runs. Connecting the dots are very important in the process in saving Tax Dollars. The most important thing we need to remember is that we have no conflict of interest issues. As a Taxpayer and Board Observer I will be monitoring this work very carefully in the hopes that accountably is our main objective. An objective that U.S. Attorney Mr Christie would be able to come in and say that Kearny is not like some communities that abuse power for personal gain and use their positons to gain threw the system. I totally disagree with your statement that board members should know about the constuction business. Board members are educated by the information that is given to them. The above areas I mentioned I don't believe the board of education has in front of them to weight in terms of being able to judge that we are getting the "best bang for our dollar" Mr Stevenson is advanced in this area and could only be helpful to his fellow board members if he chooses.

Lets connect the dots and see where it leads, It should be interesting.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest School Watch
Does the inner workings of the construcion business need to have 2 people on the same page? 1. The general contractor, 2.The Architect, Do these people control the purse strings? Mr Stevenson being in the construction business should know this and needs to let his fellow board members know how materials are purchased, how subcontractors are selected, who influences who does the work, Again we would hope that Mr Stevenson will educate his fellow board members on the inner workings of the construction trade so to avoid and prevent possible abuse of the system, with the goal of making every tax dollar count in the interests of the Kearny Taxpayers and MOST OF ALL "THE SCHOOL CHILDREN OF KEARNY"

Forget about Corrente, Don't take your eyes off the ball. Connect the dots and see where it leads.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TOWN WATCH
There is alot of construction being done on these schools. Where millions of dollars are being spent we need to be very aware of the people who oversee this work. One would hope that the entire school board watch with great interest Mr. Stevenson (who is also a member of the Kearny Planning Board)and is in the construction business, works his expertise. Each board member needs to know 1. who is doing the work 2.Where the contractor buys his materials.3.If there are any sub contractors, their names and who recommended them. My hope is that Mr. Stevenson would educate his fellow board members on the inner workings of the construction business so the board can be fully aware of these very important areas mentioned which could result in a possible cost savings for the school district.

Christie is on the case, Time will tell *****

Guest Dave Graft-Son
There is alot of construction being done on these schools. Where millions of dollars are being spent we need to be very aware of the people who oversee this work. One would hope that the entire school board watch with great interest Mr. Stevenson (who is also a member of the Kearny Planning Board)and is in the construction business, works his expertise. Each board member needs to know 1. who is doing the work 2.Where the contractor buys his materials.3.If there are any sub contractors, their names and who recommended them. My hope is that Mr. Stevenson would educate his fellow board members on the inner workings of the construction business so the board can be fully aware of these very important areas mentioned which could result in a possible cost savings for the school district.

Everyone knows that a Kearny Board of Education member name Dave Stevenson , has been on the take for years. Now he is back on the BOE trying to get money for positions , building projects and jobs. It's a good thing that the Prosecutor Chris Christi is keeping an eye on him. His office has already contacted employees and ex-employees of the Kearny Board of Education. Watch your steps Mr. Dave Stevenson your being taped! Oh , and give Barbara Correnti her well deserved job , she has too much integrity to pay you for it.

Guest Dave Graft-Son

Yeah he can show them the " Art of Cash Kickbacks". That's his area of EXPERTISE and he's got that down to a science.

Guest Dave Graftson

BIDS !!! SCHOOL JOBS !!! MONEY !!! I am a Project Manager in my mind but really a drunk in reality !!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Townwatch
Forget about Corrente, Don't take your eyes off the ball. Connect the dots and see where it leads.

The dots are starting to connect, people aren't as smart as they believe to be.

• 2 months later...

I don't believe it is a secret that Mayor Santos indirectly controls the Kearny BOE; just look at the current configuration and their affilications. I think upon closer scrutiny, you will find the majority of BOE members have an allegiance to the Mayor, which is fine and which we shouldn't complain about considering this is the way we, the residents of Kearny, allow the Board and Town of operate. Of course Mayor Santos and his legion will attempt to control the BOE as mayors before him have, let's not be naive. Once more, until the residents take a stance, expect the same to continue.

I don't believe it is a secret that Mayor Santos indirectly controls the Kearny BOE; just look at the current configuration and their affilications. I think upon closer scrutiny, you will find the majority of BOE members have an allegiance to the Mayor, which is fine and which we shouldn't complain about considering this is the way we, the residents of Kearny, allow the Board and Town of operate. Of course Mayor Santos and his legion will attempt to control the BOE as mayors before him have, let's not be naive. Once more, until the residents take a stance, expect the same to continue.

If what you say is true, than why does the town give the BOE such a hard time with use of the fields, construction and the crew house. Just to name a few.

Guest *Concerned Parent*

Four years ago they started the scaffling on Kearny High. From what I hear there is no immediate plans for any work to be done in the near future either. After this year I will have both my childen out of the school system and looking forward to when my grandchildren will be going to the Kearny schools, if they will ever have the school updated by then. We are so behind the times. And that is with a passed budget.

Could someone please give me an update on this? The wood that is now used as protection is now all rotting and I do not want anyone hurt.

If what you say is true, than why does the town give the BOE such a hard time with use of the fields, construction and the crew house. Just to name a few.

After winning that big lawsuit, I hope the Mayor now can focus on the schools.

• 4 months later...
Guest School Watch

Mr Doran(Father on the Planning Board) is now a running mate of the MARINS-MARKS, STEVENSON GROUP. Why are members of the towns Planning Board so interested in the Board of Education? Mr. Castelli if you return to the Board we would hope you monitor all the construction going on in these schools by following the above suggestions. These are suggestions i'm sure Mr Stevenson hasn't shared with his fellow Board Members and the question is Why?????

Guest Guest
Mr Doran(Father on the Planning Board) is now a running mate of the MARINS-MARKS, STEVENSON GROUP. Why are members of the towns Planning Board so interested in the Board of Education? Mr. Castelli if you return to the Board we would hope you monitor all the construction going on in these schools by following the above suggestions. These are suggestions i'm sure Mr Stevenson hasn't shared with his fellow Board Members and the question is Why?????

OK, now we get it.

It's the ******* friends and family smear campaign.

The question is why Mr. ******** doesn't have the guts to post under his own name.

• 3 months later...
Guest Board Observer
Its just a matter of time, The picture is starting to become more clearer.

Another relationship that has to have you questioning the Mayor's decisions. Why appoint a failed businessman to the planning board which oversees all the development in the town of Kearny? Don't you look a persons past history Mayor? I could think of many respected business people in this town that would put this guy to shame. Are you aware of this persons past history.You should be ashamed of yourself.

Guest Guest
Another relationship that has to have you questioning the Mayor's decisions. Why appoint a failed businessman to the planning board which oversees all the development in the town of Kearny? Don't you look a persons past history Mayor? I could think of many respected business people in this town that would put this guy to shame. Are you aware of this persons past history.You should be ashamed of yourself.

A "failed businessman" is better than an idiot and a fool. Bush was a failed businessman but you had no problem with him. Many of our most successful entrepreneurs were failed businessmen at one time in their careers. Lincoln was a failed politician before he became president. He had lost nearly every election until then but many historians believe he was our greatest president.

Sometimes businesses fail. That's why they call it risk-taking.

You'll have to do a lot better than that to convince anyone with a brain to vote for Campbell or Leadbetter.

Guest guest
A "failed businessman" is better than an idiot and a fool. Bush was a failed businessman but you had no problem with him. Many of our most successful entrepreneurs were failed businessmen at one time in their careers. Lincoln was a failed politician before he became president. He had lost nearly every election until then but many historians believe he was our greatest president.

Sometimes businesses fail. That's why they call it risk-taking.

You'll have to do a lot better than that to convince anyone with a brain to vote for Campbell or Leadbetter.

No convincing needed.Just look at all the broken promises.Doyle and santos are useless.It;s election time so watch out for more BS FROM BOTH OF THEM.The mayor and councilwomen are the cause of our financial problems.One way to resolve our money problems is to get rid of judge doyle,the town would save hundreds of thousand dollars!NO MORE SANTOS,DOYLE THEY RAKED ENOUGH MONEY FROM KEARNY AS IS.AND GUEST97926 NO CONVINCING NEEDED, FOR YOU TO VOTE FOR SANTOS AND DOYLE YOU ARE BRAIN DEAD ALREADY!!!!

Guest Guest
No convincing needed.Just look at all the broken promises.Doyle and santos are useless.It;s election time so watch out for more BS FROM BOTH OF THEM.The mayor and councilwomen are the cause of our financial problems.One way to resolve our money problems is to get rid of judge doyle,the town would save hundreds of thousand dollars!NO MORE SANTOS,DOYLE THEY RAKED ENOUGH MONEY FROM KEARNY AS IS.AND GUEST97926 NO CONVINCING NEEDED, FOR YOU TO VOTE FOR SANTOS AND DOYLE YOU ARE BRAIN DEAD ALREADY!!!!

What money did they rake from Kearny? Back up your claim with facts. You can't because you don't have any.

How did Santos and Doyle cause our financial problems? Back up your claim with facts. You can't because you don't have any.

If you think Campbell and Leadbetter are the solution to any of this, then you are brain dead. Exactly what are they going to do differently and how will that improve Kearny? Back up your claim with facts. You can't because you don't have any.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Town Watch

These are the kind of people you want as a part of your adminstration? A proven failure in business. This guy is the laughing stock of the business community. The bar isn't very high in surrounding yourself with respectable people Mayor, that is why phone polls show you losing ground. Taxes have gone up every year you have been Mayor. Leadbeater would never appoint a guy like this, he knows better.

Guest Guest
These are the kind of people you want as a part of your adminstration? A proven failure in business. This guy is the laughing stock of the business community. The bar isn't very high in surrounding yourself with respectable people Mayor, that is why phone polls show you losing ground. Taxes have gone up every year you have been Mayor. Leadbeater would never appoint a guy like this, he knows better.

OK, Bert, whatever you say. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What does Mayor Santos have to say about the 3 year 1 million dollar contract that Degesere received for his appointment as Kearny Superintendent of Kearny Schools?

Sorry to say but the Mayor has no control over the BOE. It’s the board members that we elected that have control. What can the Mayor do? I wish he could fire the whole freaking school system but he can’t. Just remember that come board elections. Don’t try to pin corruption of BOE on the Mayor because a music teacher needs money too.

What does Mayor Santos have to say about the 3 year 1 million dollar contract that Degesere received for his appointment as Kearny Superintendent of Kearny Schools?

Can you count? Not according to your post.

• 5 months later...
Guest School Watch

Lets not forget the other part of this comedy act of a BOE, Munro, King , O'Malley This a major part of the problem that needs to be looked into when you get elected.