Stick a fork in him.

Guest Patriot

Guest Guest
Saddam Hussein repeatedly defied the UN--not Bush personally.

The Iraq War was undertaken in addition to the effort to destroy al Qaeda in Afghanistan, just like D-Day did not take place instead of attacking Japan in the Pacific theater.

Start with a flawed premise and you end with a flawed conclusion.

The flawed premise here is believing the US should go to war defending the UN.

If the reason for war was Saddam defying the UN it should be the UN fighting the war.

Screw Iraq!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
Heh. See WilliamK's post.

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...ost&p=84608

In expecting your apology, where shall I mark my calendar?

Start marking, I'm sorry everyday you're such a pompous twit.

Unfortunately we don't yet have an effective treatment for Bush Derangement Syndrome.

The really bad misfortune is the length of time it will take to correct Bush's mistakes.

Guest a proud american
More likely they just know the difference between endorsement and mentoring. Obamazombies are expert at ignoring the distinction, it appears.

Hey! It looks a like a school of red herrings is swimming our way!

What criticism would be appropriate in the wake of unproven accusations, in your opinion?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/1...ani-defend.html

Was Romney responsible for actions of the Mormon church that occurred before he was born? I may have some apologizing to do myself if that's the case. Will atheists apologize for the millions killed by Stalin and Mao, I wonder?

Yes, and Falwell himself apologized for the remark very soon afterward.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/14/Falwell.apology/

http://pewforum.org/news/display.php?NewsID=13492

Coleman and Martinez got around to it, not that you'd have noticed.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...d8&refer=us

Hagee is not one of McCain's spiritual advisers, and Hagee denies identifying the RCC as such with the great whore of Babylon. Maybe you should employ your vast research skills and show where he did so. I hear Ask.com is a fantastic resource.

Meh. You've tossed truth and half-truth into a Waring blender and put it on high.

First, it's not clear why it should be controversial or shocking that the antichrist would come out of Europe and be of Jewish ancestry. Jewish ancestry would fall in line with the parallel between christ and antichrist. What's supposed to be the big deal about that?

Second, McCain did make clear that he and Hagee had disagreements.

“I think it’s important to note that Pastor John Hagee who has supported and endorsed my candidacy supports what I stand for and believe in. When he endorses me, it does not mean that I embrace everything that he stands for and believes,” McCain told reporters today after a town hall meeting

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/02/29/po...ry3892847.shtml

Citation, please?

Seems like you'd be happy if McCain would embrace both men while saying that the issues are important and that he'll unite everyone when he gets in office. No?

Mentor for almost twenty years.

Now sweep that back under the rug where it belongs, won't you?

Use google and look them up. Mc Cain stated that Parsley is one of his spiritual advisors and specifically went to the Reverend Hagee to ask for his endorsement. In fact, there is a picture of them on the stage together.

Read the biographical philosophy of both these individuals and what their religious beliefs are.

Use google and look them up.

So that you can continue to dodge the questions?

Both men could be current members of the KKK and the comparison would still be strained.

Mc Cain stated that Parsley is one of his spiritual advisors and specifically went to the Reverend Hagee to ask for his endorsement. In fact, there is a picture of them on the stage together.

Didn't I already point out Hagee's leadership role in Christians United For Israel? It's a special interest group that supports Israel. That is the significance of the endorsement. That's your cue to keep dodging any engagement on the issues.

Read the biographical philosophy of both these individuals and what their religious beliefs are.

... and you'll keep right on dodging.

Parsley's at least partly a dingbat, but there's no context for McCain's reference to him as a "spiritual guide" (that is, nothing to tell us what the term meant in that instance, since McCain, for example, has apparently never attended Parsley's church). Chances are Parsley appears nowhere in McCain's autobiography, whereas Wright figures prominently in Obama's (the title comes from Wright).

That's something else you should dodge, though no doubt you don't need me to tell you that.

Start marking, I'm sorry everyday you're such a pompous twit.

Your lack of class in admitting error is noted.

The really bad misfortune is the length of time it will take to correct Bush's mistakes.

True, since they'll be made 7,000 times worse with the ascendancy of the Democrats. Fortunately, Bush did enough right so that we may yet survive the dingbattery of Democrats like Reed, who declared the Iraq War lost last summer, and Barack Obama, who can't make up his mind where our troops will be in 2010 (as he tells far left supporters one thing while his policy advisers contradict him). Might as well throw Clinton in there for attacking free trade while her now former) adviser works on a deal with our South American ally, Columbia.

If the Democrats do a good a job of matching their idiotic rhetoric after the 2008 election as they did following the 2006 election then the United States is well on its way to losing superpower status (something some Democrats have openly yearned for).

Guest Patriot
Your lack of class in admitting error is noted.

True, since they'll be made 7,000 times worse with the ascendancy of the Democrats. Fortunately, Bush did enough right so that we may yet survive the dingbattery of Democrats like Reed, who declared the Iraq War lost last summer, and Barack Obama, who can't make up his mind where our troops will be in 2010 (as he tells far left supporters one thing while his policy advisers contradict him). Might as well throw Clinton in there for attacking free trade while her now former) adviser works on a deal with our South American ally, Columbia.

If the Democrats do a good a job of matching their idiotic rhetoric after the 2008 election as they did following the 2006 election then the United States is well on its way to losing superpower status (something some Democrats have openly yearned for).

Neither Hillary or Obama recognize the danger of pulling out of Iraq. Giving Iran the green light to

take over Iraq, cause problems in Saudi Arabia, bomb Israel, cut off oil supplies to the west will be

the start of a much bigger fight than we're in now.

Hillary and Obama are both a grave danger to the U.S. If either of them get elected, I'm afraid

we're in for some difficult times.

Guest Guest
Neither Hillary or Obama recognize the danger of pulling out of Iraq. Giving Iran the green light to

take over Iraq, cause problems in Saudi Arabia, bomb Israel, cut off oil supplies to the west will be

Hillary and Obama are both a grave danger to the U.S. If either of them get elected, I'm afraid

Another satisfied parishoner in the Church of Fear.

Guest Keith

Meanwhile the war profiteers continue to rake it in while helping to bankrupt the U.S.

Guest Guest

EUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THE SKY IS FALLING! THERE"S COMMIES UNDER EVERY BED!

Guest Guest
EUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THE SKY IS FALLING! THERE"S COMMIES UNDER EVERY BED!

"Commies" ?? That was Viet Nam (40 years ago), it's now Islamic Radicals. BTW, is your

name Rip Van Winkle ?

Guest Guest
... said "Guest" with another impossibly huge blast of unintended irony.

Prompted by the non-stop self righteous pomposity from you, WHAT a pissy little twit!

Guest Guest
"Commies" ?? That was Viet Nam (40 years ago), it's now Islamic Radicals. BTW, is your

name Rip Van Winkle ?

Just change it to "Boogeymen", covers all the bases.

The fear-mongers just need people to be scared of something, doesn't much matter what label you hang on it.

Guest Guest
Just change it to "Boogeymen", covers all the bases.

The fear-mongers just need people to be scared of something, doesn't much matter what label you hang on it.

This new "Islamofascists" term is so hilarious. Even better, anytime some right-winger is asked to explicitly define it, they can't.

Guest Keith
Ever wonder how WW2 helped end the Great Depression while lining the pockets of war profiteers, Keith?

War profiteers s**k regardless but I think comparing the Iraq war to WW2 is a bit of a reach, don't you?

War profiteers s**k regardless but I think comparing the Iraq war to WW2 is a bit of a reach, don't you?

Yeah, 'cause it' not like they're both wars or as though they both had/have a big impact on the economy. Obviously an invalid comparison.

Guest Guest

Bothe featured unprovoked invasion/occupation of other countries.

Guest a proud american
So that you can continue to dodge the questions?

Both men could be current members of the KKK and the comparison would still be strained.

Didn't I already point out Hagee's leadership role in Christians United For Israel? It's a special interest group that supports Israel. That is the significance of the endorsement. That's your cue to keep dodging any engagement on the issues.

... and you'll keep right on dodging.

Parsley's at least partly a dingbat, but there's no context for McCain's reference to him as a "spiritual guide" (that is, nothing to tell us what the term meant in that instance, since McCain, for example, has apparently never attended Parsley's church). Chances are Parsley appears nowhere in McCain's autobiography, whereas Wright figures prominently in Obama's (the title comes from Wright).

That's something else you should dodge, though no doubt you don't need me to tell you that.

I didn't see anywhere about hagees role, but what aboout his comments that catholics should burn in hell. You ok with that?

Parsley's atleast partly a ding bat? Well please write Mc Cain and let him know, because apparently he isn't aware. Yo

You keep mentioning the reverend Wright as if he is some kind of evil. Do you honestly think mixing sound bites into thirty second pieces tells the true story of the man? A pastor that has given over 30,000 sermons over the years. If thats the case, then I could take snippets from comments on here and make arguements about several people, yourself included. The point about Hagee and Parsley isn't so much about what they say, but that Mc Cain is openly asking for their endorsement.

And Bryan, I don't dodge any of your comments. What I try to do is attempt to have you think from both sides of your brain. Obviously you can't do that, so you say I dodge your questions. Thats fine with me, but I think you generally miss the point and when you do respond in the future, please don't use web sites like News Max , the Heritage Foundation or club for growth. They are partisan Republican surrogates and can take a story and twist it to fit their agenda.

It always sounds convincing, but is generally as useless to the person using it as citations.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't see anywhere about hagees role, but what aboout his comments that catholics should burn in hell. You ok with that?

I'm not familiar with any such quotation. Maybe Ask.com can find a well-attested one for you to share with us.

Parsley's atleast partly a ding bat? Well please write Mc Cain and let him know, because apparently he isn't aware.

McCain also considers Ted Kennedy a friend, IIRC. Regardless of such relatively minor misjudgments he's way better than the Democrats on policy.

You keep mentioning the reverend Wright as if he is some kind of evil. Do you honestly think mixing sound bites into thirty second pieces tells the true story of the man? A pastor that has given over 30,000 sermons over the years. If thats the case, then I could take snippets from comments on here and make arguements about several people, yourself included. The point about Hagee and Parsley isn't so much about what they say, but that Mc Cain is openly asking for their endorsement.

Hopefully Ask.com is not responsible for making you so ill-informed.

The issue with Wright is his persistent teaching over the years, as is evident from Obama's first book.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=N...mE3OWY5YjYxMjQ=

"White folks' greed runs a world in need"--part of the Wright sermon that Obama says drew him to the church in the first place.

Instead of being distressed by Obama's evasion regarding Wright, you join him in trying to downplay it.

I don't think that Parsley has endorsed McCain. I've already pointed out to you that Hagee endorsed him in the context of his presidency of a political group (Christians United For Israel).

And Bryan, I don't dodge any of your comments.

Sure you do. I pointed out a colossal error you made in an earlier thread and I've reminded you of it a number of times since, but you avoid addressing the issue completely and repeatedly.

What I try to do is attempt to have you think from both sides of your brain. Obviously you can't do that, so you say I dodge your questions.

How is your avoidance of acknowledging your obvious error (mistaking a decrease in growth for negative growth) supposed to pass for you helping me to think from both sides of my brain? It looks much more like an instance of you simply refusing to acknowledge a past error, in my opinion.

Thats fine with me, but I think you generally miss the point and when you do respond in the future, please don't use web sites like News Max , the Heritage Foundation or club for growth. They are partisan Republican surrogates and can take a story and twist it to fit their agenda.

Then show how they twist the story instead of making use of the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem. As with your avoidance of your past error, your disdain for certain sources based on their supposed bias could easily pass for yet another avoidance technique on your part.

Guest Guest
So, on which date did Iraq attack the U.S.?

9/11/01 was the date the U.S. was attacked by terrorists which were aided and abeted by Hussain (not

Obama, the other guy).

• 3 years later...
Guest Memories Part Deux

Reagan, Bush or McCain would have gone into Sudan and taken him. Semper Fi.

[/quote

LOL more of your past spew. You output more crap than Pasaic Valley.

OOOHRAH! You phony non-veteran.