Fire Grant

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The understaffed KFD made a grab on the pike today. Pulled out an older lady who later had to be flown to St. Barnabus with burns. Way to get in there and get her out alive boys! Even understaffed the KFD still gets it done.

Guest Guest
I am curious to know who actually wrote the request for the grant. Wouldn't that be the first person to know all the stipulations contained in it? Was the writer forthcoming in advising everyone else of the conditions? Maybe all were aware of the grant's limitations, but were hoping against all odds to somehow crunch the numbers to make it work. I really don't see any villains here, just a whole lot of people trying to do the right thing.

You're absolutely correct about the sensitive nature of some facilities in South Kearny and the fact that our safety personnel should be federally subsidized----the operative word being "should". If everything that should be true was actually true, wouldn't this be a beautiful world? The Mayor and Council have both publicly and privately brought this plea to our legislators and to the White House. Don't you read the papers?

If "you were there", wouldn't you know this information?? I wasn't there, and I know who wrote the grant AT THE MAYOR'S request, and the stipulations involved were all disclosed. It's shady, and it stinks.

This administration only creates a climate of resentment towards the public safety departments within the population through their various statements about incomes, pensions, etc. All the while speaking half truths or outright lies.

Guest Guest

The understaffed KFD made a grab on the pike today. Pulled out an older lady who later had to be flown to St. Barnabus with burns. Way to get in there and get her out alive boys! Even understaffed the KFD still gets it done.

[/quote

You don't know what your talking about. Three men pulled her out. KFD was still eating dinner when it happen.

Guest Guest

The time of the above post shows that it was made very early into the fire. The alarm was received around 5:45pm. To clear the air two civilians that were in the immediate area went in and found the victim. Their bravery should be appreciated but know that the potential for two more victims was very real and possible. Surely if the KFD had to make the rescue the victim would have been in alot worse condition. Thanks to the civilians and the KFD GREAT WORK!

Guest Guest
The time of the above post shows that it was made very early into the fire. The alarm was received around 5:45pm. To clear the air two civilians that were in the immediate area went in and found the victim. Their bravery should be appreciated but know that the potential for two more victims was very real and possible. Surely if the KFD had to make the rescue the victim would have been in alot worse condition. Thanks to the civilians and the KFD GREAT WORK!

Yes you are absolutely right. I found that fact out later. Good job to the civilians in making that save. She is alive today because of them. Pray for her she is in bad shape.

Guest Guest
I am curious to know who actually wrote the request for the grant. Wouldn't that be the first person to know all the stipulations contained in it? Was the writer forthcoming in advising everyone else of the conditions? Maybe all were aware of the grant's limitations, but were hoping against all odds to somehow crunch the numbers to make it work. I really don't see any villains here, just a whole lot of people trying to do the right thing.

You're absolutely correct about the sensitive nature of some facilities in South Kearny and the fact that our safety personnel should be federally subsidized----the operative word being "should". If everything that should be true was actually true, wouldn't this be a beautiful world? The Mayor and Council have both publicly and privately brought this plea to our legislators and to the White House. Don't you read the papers?

If the Mayor and Council have "publicly and privately brought this plea to our legislators and to the White House" wouldn't it then make sense to grab this grant with BOTH HANDS. The future cost is as much an assumption as anything else suggested. If in fact the town was looking to either supplant or supplement the ambulance squad, wouldn't this then make the FD a revenue producing entity (at least at some level)? All I'm hearing is spin, none of these answers make sense to the big picture.