Tough Budget Times signal Bad Times for Kearny.

Guest Town Watch

Guest Town Watch

He has yet to deliver anything for Kearny in terms of easing the property tax burden that is strangling the citizens of Kearny in a time of recession. If he presents another major tax increase to the overburdened property owners again, then the time for change should be strongly considered in the form of a recall of this Mayor. Now is the time to show strong leadership in a time of crisis. Mayor Santos has been unable to make any tough decisions to this point and one would think he won't now. My feeling is that this Mayor will make this bad tax sitution even worse and if that happens and the taxpayers allow this, then SHAME ON KEARNY for allowing this to happen.

He has yet to deliver anything for Kearny in terms of easing the property tax burden that is strangling the citizens of Kearny in a time of recession. If he presents another major tax increase to the overburdened property owners again, then the time for change should be strongly considered in the form of a recall of this Mayor. Now is the time to show strong leadership in a time of crisis. Mayor Santos has been unable to make any tough decisions to this point and one would think he won't now. My feeling is that this Mayor will make this bad tax sitution even worse and if that happens and the taxpayers allow this, then SHAME ON KEARNY for allowing this to happen.

Same tired tune, same lack of solutions. Recalling a mayor will not magically fix anything. Expect the same lack of attention paid by Kearnians.

And why are we in a recession?

Kearny is a middle-class, blue-collar town. Why is the middle class being squeezed, especially blue-collar workers?

Oh, and it just snowed. Would you like to blame Santos for that, too?

Shame on you for continually making the same inane remarks with nothing behind them.

What decisions do you want him to make? Be specific.

It's not as though this is the first time you're being called on it.

Guest Town Watch
Same tired tune, same lack of solutions. Recalling a mayor will not magically fix anything. Expect the same lack of attention paid by Kearnians.

Oh beleive me people are paying attention. Don't under estimate the power of the taxpaying public.

Guest Guest
Oh beleive me people are paying attention.

Yeah, that's why you idiots have to keep making new threads or bumping your own threads because no one else is even bothering to respond. You goofballs are even going so far as to QUOTE YOURSELVES and then emphatically agree. With yourself. You fool.

Don't under estimate the power of the taxpaying public.

I don't. They have chosen to ignore you. Time to face reality.

Guest Guest
Yeah, that's why you idiots have to keep making new threads or bumping your own threads because no one else is even bothering to respond. You goofballs are even going so far as to QUOTE YOURSELVES and then emphatically agree. With yourself. You fool.

I don't. They have chosen to ignore you. Time to face reality.

True-

As long as he keeps this P/T charade going , heis on the county t*t.

He has been mayor long enough-- even managed to get it extended to 4 yr terms.

What significant tax decrease or any savings has he given us?

From the water deal to contract negotiations to taxes.

He is a modern Frank Rodgers.

He knows how to take care of the relatives and keep the voting block strong.

What has he done(documented) - for say 10 People in this town?

Guest Guest

Are you kidding me??? Before Santos came in we had a crook as a mayor, our water rights was taken away and services s**k around here. He had to deal with cleaning up the mess of past mayors. Now we have new stores, new streets and a sense that things are moving forward. Your right about taxes, you should then move to North Arlington, o wait there taxes are going up about a grand or so. We need solutions, not a re-election. Unless you know something I don’t know, he’s been pretty honest. I would love to know how you’re going to keep taxes down in a recession.

True-

As long as he keeps this P/T charade going , heis on the county t*t.

He has been mayor long enough-- even managed to get it extended to 4 yr terms.

What significant tax decrease or any savings has he given us?

From the water deal to contract negotiations to taxes.

He is a modern Frank Rodgers.

He knows how to take care of the relatives and keep the voting block strong.

What has he done(documented) - for say 10 People in this town?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Recall Mayor Santos

Its property taxes stupid!!!!!!

Guest Good Times Gone

Sad Kearny has gone down so fast. Have my house up for sale. This town was great at one time, Not anymore It's time to move on before the other shoe drops with these property taxes. I feel sorry for the people who are trying to stay and are on the brink of losing their home. This next Tax increase will seal the deal, that's why I'm outta here before it happens to my family. It's all yours Mayor Santos I hope you are happy with your county job. At least you can pay your bills without worrying about getting laid off like I have to worry about every day. As a lifelong resident of Kearny its hard to go but we have no other choice.

Guest Shame on Kearny

Town is in a total Mess.

Guest Keep the message alive

Stay on the course for a Recall.

• 4 weeks later...

The tax bills will be out soon and then it will be judgement day for this Mayor and Council. They talk about Harrison, Hey Observer take a look at Kearny, did the Mayor get lost in the reporting. My guess is Kearny will have major tax issues to deal with in the coming months. When boxed in a corner he has no solutons, so why not ask him the questions.

Guest *quest*
Are you kidding me??? Before Santos came in we had a crook as a mayor, our water rights was taken away and services s**k around here. He had to deal with cleaning up the mess of past mayors. Now we have new stores, new streets and a sense that things are moving forward. Your right about taxes, you should then move to North Arlington, o wait there taxes are going up about a grand or so. We need solutions, not a re-election. Unless you know something I don’t know, he’s been pretty honest. I would love to know how you’re going to keep taxes down in a recession.

HEY MORON THE ONLY NEW STORES ARE DOLLAR STORES AND LAUNDRY MATS!!AND HE SOLD THE WATER DEPT. AND COST THE RESIDENTS ALOT OF MONEY NITWIT.SANDBAGGER SHOULD COME OUT OF THE CLOSET!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest *The Silent Majority*

This Mayor has no answers so why keep him in office.

Guest Guest
HEY MORON THE ONLY NEW STORES ARE DOLLAR STORES AND LAUNDRY MATS!!AND HE SOLD THE WATER DEPT. AND COST THE RESIDENTS ALOT OF MONEY NITWIT.SANDBAGGER SHOULD COME OUT OF THE CLOSET!!!!!

O really so the Pepsi building, Wal-Mart, the new condos where the sopranos was filmed, and Riviera are dollars stores and/or laundry mats, gets a life. Look around do you want us to be a Harrison, North Arlington or Newark? Harrison is so corrupted it not even funny, North Arlington is so badly managed that resident’s taxes go up in the thousands and more to come. As for Newark, well I hope one day it can go to its former glory. The Mayor is trying to get those building near Kmart to be redevelop, the old baseball factory cleanup so it can be redevelop and the building near Seabras to be turn into new Condos. I remember the old mayor; I don’t ever want to go back to that again. If you have any suggest I would love to hear them, as for the sandbagger coming out of the closet I hope that not a personal request.

Guest Guest
This Mayor has no answers so why keep him in office.

Why remove him from office when no one else has any better ideas than his? If they did, why haven't they been able to win an election against Santos?

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

• 2 weeks later...
O really so the Pepsi building, Wal-Mart, the new condos where the sopranos was filmed, and Riviera are dollars stores and/or laundry mats, gets a life. Look around do you want us to be a Harrison, North Arlington or Newark? Harrison is so corrupted it not even funny, North Arlington is so badly managed that resident’s taxes go up in the thousands and more to come. As for Newark, well I hope one day it can go to its former glory. The Mayor is trying to get those building near Kmart to be redevelop, the old baseball factory cleanup so it can be redevelop and the building near Seabras to be turn into new Condos. I remember the old mayor; I don’t ever want to go back to that again. If you have any suggest I would love to hear them, as for the sandbagger coming out of the closet I hope that not a personal request.

First the Soprano condo's have'nt even been built yet, The property next to Seabra's are slated to be $1500.00 a month apartments. With 232 new apartments there will be new children coming in. Can Franklin school handle a new influx of children with a current enrollment of 988 students K - 8 somehow I doubt it. So who's going to pay for a new addition not the state of NJ Kearny afterall is NOT a Abbott school district. that means the town will have to take out bonds and who will pay for that,why the Kearny taxpayer at up to 3 times the initial value. tax's will go up so that a developer can get rich. And where will the tenants of theis new complex park there is'nt enough room on the site what with retail stores on the first floor. So the developer will get town council approval to eminent domain someones property to build a parking garage to house between 232 - 464 vehicles so we take a few properties so that the mayor can look good and put more people on the unemployment rolls. Now what about the tax incentive package thats offered to new business's to lure them into coming to Kearny who picks up the difference? why the Kearny taxpayer does.

First the Soprano condo's have'nt even been built yet, The property next to Seabra's are slated to be $1500.00 a month apartments. With 232 new apartments there will be new children coming in. Can Franklin school handle a new influx of children with a current enrollment of 988 students K - 8 somehow I doubt it. So who's going to pay for a new addition not the state of NJ Kearny afterall is NOT a Abbott school district. that means the town will have to take out bonds and who will pay for that,why the Kearny taxpayer at up to 3 times the initial value. tax's will go up so that a developer can get rich. And where will the tenants of theis new complex park there is'nt enough room on the site what with retail stores on the first floor. So the developer will get town council approval to eminent domain someones property to build a parking garage to house between 232 - 464 vehicles so we take a few properties so that the mayor can look good and put more people on the unemployment rolls. Now what about the tax incentive package thats offered to new business's to lure them into coming to Kearny who picks up the difference? why the Kearny taxpayer does.

The beginning of the end of Kearny as we know it. Walmart started it.

• 1 month later...
Guest *The Silent Majority*

Tax Bills are coming soon and your not going to be happy.

Can Mayor Santos be a leader in tough times?

This Mayor can never be a leader because he can’t make quick, decisive, resolute decisions; he over analyses, over studies, attempts to gather too many opinions and viewpoints, and inevitably a judgment becomes paralyzed. This Mayor can never be a leader because he’s too concerned about the political ramifications of a decision or he is overly worried with what others will think of him, therefore prolonging or avoiding a result. This Mayor can never be a leader because he is the one who is led by the Hudson County political machine and must kowtow to their beckoning to remain in power. This Mayor can never be a leader because he is apprehensive when evaluating a person or group or he lets his personal views of a individual or individual’s character interfere with the decision-making process and consequently become a deal-breaker. This Mayor is too skeptical, too judgmental, becomes too nervous, and needlessly frets over every detail of a situation requiring leadership and judgment. The positive developments that could result from a timely and sound decision are loss to his indecisiveness, his listening to the opinions of others around him and an overall lack of resolve.

Guest Guest

This Mayor can never be a leader because he can’t make quick, decisive, resolute decisions; he over analyses, over studies, attempts to gather too many opinions and viewpoints, and inevitably a judgment becomes paralyzed. This Mayor can never be a leader because he’s too concerned about the political ramifications of a decision or he is overly worried with what others will think of him, therefore prolonging or avoiding a result. This Mayor can never be a leader because he is the one who is led by the Hudson County political machine and must kowtow to their beckoning to remain in power. This Mayor can never be a leader because he is apprehensive when evaluating a person or group or he lets his personal views of a individual or individual’s character interfere with the decision-making process and consequently become a deal-breaker. This Mayor is too skeptical, too judgmental, becomes too nervous, and needlessly frets over every detail of a situation requiring leadership and judgment. The positive developments that could result from a timely and sound decision are loss to his indecisiveness, his listening to the opinions of others around him and an overall lack of resolve.

People give him shit for making a decision without 'gathering information'.

People (like you) give him shit for gathering information before making a decision.

People can be pretty stupid.

Guest box seat

This post hit the mark.