Obama Accomplishments ?

Guest Patriot

No, Bryan, you're a lightweight - not even.

Oh, a personal attack. What a surprise..

Lightweights don't become president of the Harvard Law Review

Smart man, political lightweight. There is no contradiction.

and they don't survive the vetting Obama has undergone in recent weeks.

He hasn't survived it until he survives it, and even then surviving criticism doesn't keep him from being a lightweight since we're probably measuring it in terms of public opinion (like yours).

He's going to be your next president, big boy. Get used to it.

Even if he's the next president he's still a lightweight just like Jimmy Carter was. And if you don't like my example of a lightweight who became president I'm sure you can think of your own.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Keith
Oh, a personal attack. What a surprise..

Smart man, political lightweight. There is no contradiction.

He hasn't survived it until he survives it, and even then surviving criticism doesn't keep him from being a lightweight since we're probably measuring it in terms of public opinion (like yours).

Even if he's the next president he's still a lightweight just like Jimmy Carter was. And if you don't like my example of a lightweight who became president I'm sure you can think of your own.

George W. Bush.

Guest *dinsdale*

The "present" votes by Obama were in the Illinois legislature. Not in the US Senate. Please get your facts straight before you spew your narrow-minded stupidity. Thank You.

He was in the state legislature, but what the poster obviously meant is that Obama was against the Iraq invasion from the beginning, while Clinton and McCain weren't.

If Obama was so against the war in Iraq why then did he vote yes on all funding of the war except the last time. Only when funding for Katrina and farm aid was included did he vote no.

Obama served in the Illinois State Senate from January 1997 to November 2004. I believe that counts as "elected service". Are you planning to erase GWB's time in state government from his resume' as well? Or Rudy Giuliani's time as Mayor?

What S.501 are you referring to? There are only two S.501's during Obama's time as a U.S. Senator.

This one:

S.501

Title: A bill to provide a site for the National Women's History Museum in the District of Columbia.

Sponsor: Sen Collins, Susan M. [ME] (introduced 3/3/2005) Cosponsors (23)

and this one:

S.501

Title: A bill for the relief of Ilko Vasilev Ivanov, Anelia Marinova Peneva, Marina Ilkova Ivanova, and Julia Ilkova Ivanova.

Sponsor: Sen Kyl, Jon [AZ] (introduced 2/6/2007) Cosponsors (None) Private bill

Neither is "a resolution honoring those soldiers who have fallen in Iraq and Afghanistan".

I checked if there might have been an Illinois Senate bill (even though you apparently don't think that counts as "elected service") numbered 501 that fits your description. There were several SB0501's during Obama's time in office there, but none of those have anything to do with honoring fallen soldiers either.

Obama was an Illinois Senator for 8 years before becoming a U.S. Senator. That makes 11 years of elected experience.

He stated no such thing. Guest was obviously wrong in saying that the examples were from Obama's first year, but that is not the same as stating that Obama's first year was 2006. At least one of the bills was from 2007, so why not accuse him of stating that Obama's first year was 2007?

The S.501 amendment was from Obama;s Senate web page. hiss voting record for the 109th and 110th congressional sessions are there

Guest Guest
If Obama was so against the war in Iraq why then did he vote yes on all funding of the war except the last time.

Because now that we made the mistake of going to Iraq, he wants our troops to be as well-equipped as possible. It's a perfect example of how you can support the troops without necessarily being in favor of the war.