Obama Accomplishments ?

Guest Patriot

Guest 2smart4u
Is this the same Obama Who has never once visited out troops in Iraq or Afghanistan?. Is this the same Obama who refuses to place his hand over his heart during the singing of our national anthem. Is this the same Obama who has stated that he voted against the Iraq war even though the war started in 2003 and he did'nt become a senator until 2005.Is this the same Obama who has voted against a flag desicretion law. I know this Obama has missed 40.6% of congressional votes since 2005, I know this Obama wants to increase the H-1B and H-2B visas. I know this Obama is nothing more than a black John Kerry, I voted for it before I voted against it.

The racist Wright is the 800 lb. gorilla in the Obama camp. He needs the white vote to win and that's exactly who he's offended by claiming

Wright has been his mentor and defending him. Also, considerable animosity has developed between the Clinton and Obama supporters, polls

indicate each group will not support the other if their candidate loses. If Obama wins the nomination and Clinton supporters stay home or vote

for McCain, Obama can't win. How ironic it will be if the racist Rev. Wright is credited with helping John McCain win the presidency.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Truthteller
The racist Wright is the 800 lb. gorilla in the Obama camp. He needs the white vote to win and that's exactly who he's offended by claiming

Wright has been his mentor and defending him. Also, considerable animosity has developed between the Clinton and Obama supporters, polls

indicate each group will not support the other if their candidate loses. If Obama wins the nomination and Clinton supporters stay home or vote

for McCain, Obama can't win. How ironic it will be if the racist Rev. Wright is credited with helping John McCain win the presidency.

AMEN!! The fact is, the blacks are complaining about this whole controversy being a race issue. I guess they don't consider it racist that 95% of blacks are voting for Osama Hussian?

The fact is, racism is dead. Get over it. But they can't do that-the radical black chuches just keep spewing thier hatred from the pulpit. They should remember that whites are still a majority in America, and we don't take kindly to people calling us evil.

Guest Whitie for Obama 100%

Wright has been his mentor and defending him.

Wrong again, punk.

Guest Guest
Is this the same Obama Who has never once visited out troops in Iraq or Afghanistan?.

It's the same Obama who, if he had his way, would have prevented 4,000 needless American deaths in the Middle East, punk.

Is this the same Obama who refuses to place his hand over his heart during the singing of our national anthem.

Of course, fake patriots like you put more value on nonsense like lapel pins (which were first worn by people defending Nixon in the Watergate trial, I might add) than actual patriotism. Shame on you.

Is this the same Obama who has stated that he voted against the Iraq war even though the war started in 2003 and he did'nt become a senator until 2005.

He simply said he was always against it, liar.

Is this the same Obama who has voted against a flag desicretion law.

Wow, "desicretion"?

A flag desecration ban would spit in the face of freedom. That's what they do in places like Iran. Guess that makes you feel comfy, huh punk?

Guest Whitie for Obama 100%
AMEN!! The fact is, the blacks are complaining about this whole controversy being a race issue. I guess they don't consider it racist that 95% of blacks are voting for Osama Hussian?

The fact is, racism is dead.

This coming from the guy who just called a candidate Osama? Hypocritical and full of shit. Just how the neocons like it.

Guest Guest

The fact is, racism is dead. Get over it. But they can't do that-the radical black chuches just keep spewing thier hatred from the pulpit. They should remember that whites are still a majority in America, and we don't take kindly to people calling us evil.

It's obvious from this comment alone that racism is not dead, or bigotry either.

Guest Guest
Is this the same Obama Who has never once visited out troops in Iraq or Afghanistan?. Is this the same Obama who refuses to place his hand over his heart during the singing of our national anthem. Is this the same Obama who has stated that he voted against the Iraq war even though the war started in 2003 and he did'nt become a senator until 2005.Is this the same Obama who has voted against a flag desicretion law. I know this Obama has missed 40.6% of congressional votes since 2005, I know this Obama wants to increase the H-1B and H-2B visas. I know this Obama is nothing more than a black John Kerry, I voted for it before I voted against it.

Until the people learn the difference between politicians who play and pander to meaningless things, and leaders who focus on what really matters, they will continue to be misled. As long as you keep insisting that politicians lie to you, they will.

It's easy for a politician to "stand up" "courageously" (:lol:) for the national anthem and the flag. It's much harder to stand up for real freedom. An intelligent person chooses the latter over the former every time.

Guest Kearny Republican
Until the people learn the difference between politicians who play and pander to meaningless things, and leaders who focus on what really matters, they will continue to be misled. As long as you keep insisting that politicians lie to you, they will.

It's easy for a politician to "stand up" "courageously" (:lol:) for the national anthem and the flag. It's much harder to stand up for real freedom. An intelligent person chooses the latter over the former every time.

"Stand up for real freedom"?? Like the right to say your country invented the AIDS virus to exterminate black people?? I don't think many

intelligent people buy into that.

Guest Melanie
"Stand up for real freedom"?? Like the right to say your country invented the AIDS virus to exterminate black people?? I don't think many intelligent people buy into that.

No, they don't. Obama doesn't buy into it, either. You're shifting the argument.

Real freedom means we are free to sing the national anthem and salute the flag, if we so choose. It doesn't mean that these things become so much expected of us that they are essentially mandatory. That is the opposite of freedom. Obama has made that point by not participating in some of these rituals, some of the time. That's standing up for freedom. It's also an act of political courage that has earned him the support of millions of people who actually think before they vote.

It's an act of courage because people like you don't get it. You refuse to think. You're like children, swayed by outward appearances. You think that saluting the flag is patriotism. It's not. Real patriotism means standing up for freedom.

It's like the difference between going to church and living a moral life. Jesus himself said that any hypocrite could make a big show in public. But what a life in the spirit requires is living the right way. Whether in religion or in politics, it's the same thing.

Guest Keith
"Stand up for real freedom"?? Like the right to say your country invented the AIDS virus to exterminate black people?? I don't think many

intelligent people buy into that.

Yes, for the right to say our country invented the AIDS virus to exterminate black people. While I don't believe that particular charge to be true, keep in mind that this man remembers when our govt. did in fact experiment with syphilis on black soldiers in Tuskegee. This is a known fact and a sorry truth indeed. I think one the biggest problems we face as a country is our perception that we are infallable. It is because I love America that I am willing to say that we are not perfect. We have made mistakes. The question is are we ready to deal with our mistakes or just wave the flag, sing the national anthem and go on about our business? When the rest of the world see's the latter I can imagine that they are not very impressed. Yellow ribbon car magnets and lapel pins may makes us feel good but they should not define who we are. The hardest speech to defend is that for which you don't agree. So, Kearny Republican is it censorship that you desire?

Yes, for the right to say our country invented the AIDS virus to exterminate black people. While I don't believe that particular charge to be true, keep in mind that this man remembers when our govt. did in fact experiment with syphilis on black soldiers in Tuskegee. This is a known fact and a sorry truth indeed.

Try to resist using the word "truth" in your posts until you have done something to confirm what you're saying is correct. Unless it's something like "I don't know if this is the truth or not ..."

http://www.cdc.gov/tuskegee/timeline.htm

Looks like Keith had visions of the Tuskegee Airmen dancing in his head and conflated that with the program that observed the effects of existing syphilis cases in black men without administering treatment. That was wrong, but Keith's presentation of it is factually deficient and misleading.

I think one the biggest problems we face as a country is our perception that we are infallable.

Well, you're certainly doing your part to dispel that myth, at least with respect to your own self. :lol:

Semper Fi. Marines.com

Guest Guest
Yes, for the right to say our country invented the AIDS virus to exterminate black people. While I don't believe that particular charge to be true, keep in mind that this man remembers when our govt. did in fact experiment with syphilis on black soldiers in Tuskegee. This is a known fact and a sorry truth indeed. I think one the biggest problems we face as a country is our perception that we are infallable. It is because I love America that I am willing to say that we are not perfect. We have made mistakes. The question is are we ready to deal with our mistakes or just wave the flag, sing the national anthem and go on about our business? When the rest of the world see's the latter I can imagine that they are not very impressed. Yellow ribbon car magnets and lapel pins may makes us feel good but they should not define who we are. The hardest speech to defend is that for which you don't agree. So, Kearny Republican is it censorship that you desire?

You're right, Keith. Most of what Wright said is true.

Nothing will get you in more trouble than telling people what they do not wish to hear - especially when it's true.

Guest Keith
Try to resist using the word "truth" in your posts until you have done something to confirm what you're saying is correct. Unless it's something like "I don't know if this is the truth or not ..."

Looks like Keith had visions of the Tuskegee Airmen dancing in his head and conflated that with the program that observed the effects of existing syphilis cases in black men without administering treatment. That was wrong, but Keith's presentation of it is factually deficient and misleading.

Well, you're certainly doing your part to dispel that myth, at least with respect to your own self. :lol:

Semper Fi. Marines.com

Well Bryan, not administering treatment just so they may watch the effects is not experimenting? Just exactly what would you call it then Bryan? Let me hear your spin.

Guest keith

Semper Fi. Marines.com

I know what you are going to say. The govt. didn't give them syphilis, they only withheld treatment so that they may watch it's effects. You're right Bryan, that makes it all ok then. I wasn't an experiment at all.

Guest Keith
You're right, Keith. Most of what Wright said is true.

Nothing will get you in more trouble than telling people what they do not wish to hear - especially when it's true.

Keeping in mind I'm not defending anything he said, only his right to say it. I will say however that he or any pastor like him who desires a politcal pulpit should have thier tax exemption status reviewed.

Guest 2smart4u

Still following the "Blame America First" party line I see and playing fast and loose with the facts.

These were blacks with advanced syphilis that had no chance of recovery. The "experiments" as you

call them were drug treatments searching for a cure. BTW..... a defeatocrat was president when this started.

Guest Keith
Still following the "Blame America First" party line I see and playing fast and loose with the facts.

These were blacks with advanced syphilis that had no chance of recovery. The "experiments" as you

call them were drug treatments searching for a cure. BTW..... a defeatocrat was president when this started.

No 2smart. I blame you. Anything and everything is all your fault. From the dawn of time to the end of time it's all your fault. If you think that's a totally absurd response then you're right which exactly the way I feel whne I read your posts. Give me that list again of everyhting in the Bush admin that we wont have to fix starting next year.

• 2 weeks later...
He voted against going into Iraq stating that we should be concentrating on Afghanistan when it was not a popular statement to make. Hillary and McCann on the other hand voted to support the war in Iraq. That my friend is a huge accomplishment: He thought for himself and lead instead of followed when it mattered the most. If others had done the same we would not be in the mess we are today.

I find Obama voting against the war in Iraq laughable if it was'nt a pathetic attempt to gather support for him. First Brainiac the Iraq war vote was in 2002. Obama was'nt sworn in as a Senator until Jan. 1 2005. His very first vote was on Jan 6 2005.

The Senate doesn't cast 144 important votes in three years. How many important votes did he miss, and on how many of those, if any, would his voting yes or no have changed the outcome?

Obama's opponents are desperate to stop him. It's going to take more than two-bit talking points this time.

Obama in his 3 year career as a Senator has missed 40.6% of Senate votes. As a point of order Obama did Not vote in approx. 90% of the 2007 issues.

Do you even know what voting "present" means? Go ahead, define what it means for me, if you can.

The list of Obama's legislative accomplishments is too substantive to post.

During the first 8 (eight) years of his elected service he sponsored over 820 (eight hundred twenty) bills. He introduced 233 (two hundred thirty-three) regarding healthcare reform,

125 on poverty and public assistance,

112 crime fighting bills,

97 economic bills,

60 human rights and anti-discrimination bills,

21 ethics reform bills,

15 gun control,

6 veterans affairs and many others.

His *first year* in the U.S. Senate, he authored 152 (one hundred fifty-two) bills and co-sponsored another 427 (four hundred twenty-seven).

These included:

1. **The Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006 - became law,

2. **The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act, - became law,

3. **The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act - passed the Senate,

4. **The 2007 Government Ethics Bill, - became law,

5. **The Protection Against Excessive Executive Compensation Bill - in committee,

6. and many more.

In all, since entering the U.S. Senate, Senator Obama has written 890 (eight hundred ninety) bills and co-sponsored another 1096 (one thousand ninety-six).

Go ahead, reply with a one-liner so you can prove once again how ignorant you are. You're only helping personify exactly what's wrong with people like you.

8 years? your kidding right. First off Obama has only been a Senator for 3 years, being sworn in Jan 1 2005. his first senate vote was on Jan 6 2005. You talk about accomplishments how about his Did Not Vote on S.501 a resolution honoring those soldiers who have fallen in Iraq and Afghanistan.

2. Obama's NO vote on S.amendment 4340 " to create a point of order against bills that would raise gas prices.

3. Obama voted NO on S. amendment 4232 " to pay down the federal debt and eliminate government waste"

4. Obama voted NO on S. amendment 2620 " to increase access to health insurance for low income children based on actual need.

5. Obama voted NO on S. amendment 4897 " to make available 700 million to eliminate the production and trade of Opium and Heroin in Afghanistan, and to prevent terrorists from using the procedes.

You even contradict yourself. Clearly you have no clue as to what you write. You state Obama has 8 years of elected experience yet he's only been a Senator for 3 years. You state in his first year as being 2006 yet Obama was Sworn in, in 2005.

Guest Guest
8 years? your kidding right. First off Obama has only been a Senator for 3 years, being sworn in Jan 1 2005. his first senate vote was on Jan 6 2005. You talk about accomplishments how about his Did Not Vote on S.501 a resolution honoring those soldiers who have fallen in Iraq and Afghanistan.

2. Obama's NO vote on S.amendment 4340 " to create a point of order against bills that would raise gas prices.

3. Obama voted NO on S. amendment 4232 " to pay down the federal debt and eliminate government waste"

4. Obama voted NO on S. amendment 2620 " to increase access to health insurance for low income children based on actual need.

5. Obama voted NO on S. amendment 4897 " to make available 700 million to eliminate the production and trade of Opium and Heroin in Afghanistan, and to prevent terrorists from using the procedes.

You even contradict yourself. Clearly you have no clue as to what you write. You state Obama has 8 years of elected experience yet he's only been a Senator for 3 years. You state in his first year as being 2006 yet Obama was Sworn in, in 2005.

You misread the post. He didn’t say Obama was in the US Senate for 8 years. Read it again. Let’s consider your specific objections in order.

1. I doubt that it faced any opposition, so a non-vote is not important. On the other side of the coin, I wouldn’t give any of them credit for showing up to vote in favor of mom and apple pie. Don't be snowed by meaningless resolutions like this. It's all very nice, but I'm sure our troops would prefer body armor.

2. From your description, it’s a ridiculous amendment, a procedural stunt. If Congress starts ruling bills out of order just because they’re unpopular, they’d just be pandering. You’re begging for bad government with arguments like that.

3. Just because an amendment has a cute title doesn’t mean it’s a good bill. 68 Senators voted against it, which means quite a few Republicans opposed it, too. McCain did not vote.

4. 78 Senators voted against this one. Again, cute title, but what was it really about?

5. Can you provide a link? I couldn’t find this from your S # or your description.

The mere fact that a candidate misses a large number of votes doesn’t mean he’s not doing his job. Most of the votes in Congress are on meaningless things, like mom-and-apple-pie and save-the-starlings resolutions. To analyze a candidate’s record properly, you have to dig into what the bill was actually about (not just its title, which has become a form or propaganda), and then you have to see whether the vote was close. Only when you have those three things lined up can you make a legitimate case against a Senator’s voting record.

You are correct that the person who wrote the Feb. 25 post got his facts wrong. Obama opposed the war publicly from the beginning, but he couldn’t vote against it in 2003 because he wasn’t in the US Senate yet. He was in the Illinois State Senate. But that’s not a criticism of Obama. It's interesting that you guys on the right are singing a very different tune about the war than you were five years ago. The important point is: Obama got it right when almost no one else did.

You may not be willing to vote for him, for whatever reason, but he has inspired this country in a way no one else has for a very long time. He could become a major historic figure, reversing a decades-long trend of growing cynicism. The Republicans have had their time, and it has been a disaster. Give Obama a chance. You may actually like the result.

Look, you're quite right that Obama is a lightweight with virtually no significant legislative accomplishments under his belt (certainly with less history of bipartisan cooperation than Sen. McCain), but Obama did have a career as an Illinois state senator and that is clearly what the person you're replying to was talking about.

Obama is an easy enough target for criticism without distorting or ignoring the facts.

8 years? your kidding right. First off Obama has only been a Senator for 3 years, being sworn in Jan 1 2005. his first senate vote was on Jan 6 2005.

Obama served in the Illinois State Senate from January 1997 to November 2004. I believe that counts as "elected service". Are you planning to erase GWB's time in state government from his resume' as well? Or Rudy Giuliani's time as Mayor?

You talk about accomplishments how about his Did Not Vote on S.501 a resolution honoring those soldiers who have fallen in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What S.501 are you referring to? There are only two S.501's during Obama's time as a U.S. Senator.

This one:

S.501

Title: A bill to provide a site for the National Women's History Museum in the District of Columbia.

Sponsor: Sen Collins, Susan M. [ME] (introduced 3/3/2005) Cosponsors (23)

and this one:

S.501

Title: A bill for the relief of Ilko Vasilev Ivanov, Anelia Marinova Peneva, Marina Ilkova Ivanova, and Julia Ilkova Ivanova.

Sponsor: Sen Kyl, Jon [AZ] (introduced 2/6/2007) Cosponsors (None) Private bill

Neither is "a resolution honoring those soldiers who have fallen in Iraq and Afghanistan".

I checked if there might have been an Illinois Senate bill (even though you apparently don't think that counts as "elected service") numbered 501 that fits your description. There were several SB0501's during Obama's time in office there, but none of those have anything to do with honoring fallen soldiers either.

You even contradict yourself. Clearly you have no clue as to what you write. You state Obama has 8 years of elected experience yet he's only been a Senator for 3 years.

Obama was an Illinois Senator for 8 years before becoming a U.S. Senator. That makes 11 years of elected experience.

You state in his first year as being 2006 yet Obama was Sworn in, in 2005.

He stated no such thing. Guest was obviously wrong in saying that the examples were from Obama's first year, but that is not the same as stating that Obama's first year was 2006. At least one of the bills was from 2007, so why not accuse him of stating that Obama's first year was 2007?

Guest Guest
Look, you're quite right that Obama is a lightweight with virtually no significant legislative accomplishments under his belt (certainly with less history of bipartisan cooperation than Sen. McCain), but Obama did have a career as an Illinois state senator and that is clearly what the person you're replying to was talking about.

Obama is an easy enough target for criticism without distorting or ignoring the facts.

No, Bryan, you're a lightweight - not even. Lightweights don't become president of the Harvard Law Review and they don't survive the vetting Obama has undergone in recent weeks.

He's going to be your next president, big boy. Get used to it.

Guest Patriot
No, Bryan, you're a lightweight - not even. Lightweights don't become president of the Harvard Law Review and they don't survive the vetting Obama has undergone in recent weeks.

He's going to be your next president, big boy. Get used to it.

For the foreseeable future the U.S. and the free world will be fighting Islamic terrorism. The next

President will be faced with military challenges that we can only guess at now. So who do we want

in the White House making the right decisions to protect us?

Obama: A rookie senator with no experience in anything, who wants to cut & run and allow Iran out

of it's box to carry out it's threat to wipe Israel off the earth.

McCain: Vast experience in world affairs, strong military experience, 30 years in Senate with support

from both sides of aisle.

Fortunately, most Americans will understand what's at stake here and vote for McCain. The Loony

Left will then have another 4 years to whine.