another Republican-McCain scandal

Guest Guest

Today's New York Times reports: "Representative Rick Renzi, Republican of Arizona, was indicted this week by a federal grand jury and 35 counts of corruption, including fraud, money laundering, extortion and other crimes, federal prosecutors said Friday." The article goes on to say that Renzi, who has decided not to seek re-election (really?!) is a co-chair of the McCain campaign in Arizona.

Looks like the wheels are falling off the bus. What a pity.

Today's New York Times reports: "Representative Rick Renzi, Republican of Arizona, was indicted this week by a federal grand jury and 35 counts of corruption, including fraud, money laundering, extortion and other crimes, federal prosecutors said Friday." The article goes on to say that Renzi, who has decided not to seek re-election (really?!) is a co-chair of the McCain campaign in Arizona.

Looks like the wheels are falling off the bus. What a pity.

Doesn't exactly seem more significant than Obama's fishy ties to Antoin Rezko.

But I guess a yellow dog Democrat can see the end of McCain's campaign in one and absolutely nothing in the other. Just depends on the shading of the glasses, I guess.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/1845...06obama.article

Guest Truth Squad

But I guess a yellow dog Democrat can see the end of McCain's campaign in one and absolutely nothing in the other. Just depends on the shading of the glasses, I guess.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/1845...06obama.article

Antoin Rezko isn't a member of Congress or an official in Obama's campaign. Dream on, big boy.

Rezko was never in charge of running any of Obama's campaigning. There is no comparison--the McCain story reflects much worse.

Antoin Rezko isn't a member of Congress or an official in Obama's campaign.

So?

Dream on, big boy.

In sharp contrast to his tough talk about ethics reform in government, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., approached a well-known Illinois political fixer under active federal investigation, Antoin "Tony" Rezko, for "advice" as he sought to find a way to buy a house shortly after being elected to the United States Senate.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4111483&page=1

Did McCain seek out Renzi after Renzi's indictment?

Guest Truth Squad
So?

In sharp contrast to his tough talk about ethics reform in government, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., approached a well-known Illinois political fixer under active federal investigation, Antoin "Tony" Rezko, for "advice" as he sought to find a way to buy a house shortly after being elected to the United States Senate.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4111483&page=1

Did McCain seek out Renzi after Renzi's indictment?

So let people make their judgments how important each of these is, in the context of the candidate's other activities and his life.

Does anyone think that these types of relationships are particular to one party??? We have a serious problem that it takes tons of cash to run for office in this country. Don't try to tell me it is ONLY Republicans or Democrats. It is Washington D.C., and it is rampant.

Rezko was never in charge of running any of Obama's campaigning. There is no comparison--the McCain story reflects much worse.

Call me crazy, but it seems to me that forging new ties with a known shady character is worse than having a member of one's organization discovered as a shady character. Perhaps I can borrow your DNC-tinted glasses to assist me with my misperception?

Guest a proud american
Call me crazy, but it seems to me that forging new ties with a known shady character is worse than having a member of one's organization discovered as a shady character. Perhaps I can borrow your DNC-tinted glasses to assist me with my misperception?

No one needs to call you crazy, since you've already established that along time ago.

However, for the record, the individual who sold Obama the house in question has already stated that her negotiations with the Senator were above board and no different then any negotiation that takes place during a sale. The Obamas actually made three offers. The first two were turned down and she finally accepted thed last one since they had increased their bid by a couple of hundred thousand and she wanted to sell the house.

And now that the Resko trial is starting we'll find out if Obama did anything wrong except donate the campaign contributions to charity that he received.

Now, if I could give John Mc Cain some advice it would be to have his people stop talking about the times article. The more he talks about it the more information is coming to the surface. Mc Cain" I never met Bud Paxson" Bud Paxson " I personally met with Senator Mc Cain in his Office in DC"

He flew on my jet at-least two times. He should go back to what he does best. Continuing the Bush Scare America speeches.

• 3 weeks later...
No one needs to call you crazy, since you've already established that along time ago.

You're like the other sock-puppets who make assertions with no supporting evidence.

Rezko was once part of Obama's senatorial finance committee.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/812715,...rezko26.article

Oops. Is that a closer relative connection than a state campaign co-chair for somebody running for national office?

However, for the record, the individual who sold Obama the house in question has already stated that her negotiations with the Senator were above board and no different then any negotiation that takes place during a sale.

E-mail on file with the Obama camp and remains unreleased for public viewing?

Did it just slip your mind to mention that, or does it happen that you can point to a primary source for that information outside the Obama camp?

The Obamas actually made three offers. The first two were turned down and she finally accepted thed last one since they had increased their bid by a couple of hundred thousand and she wanted to sell the house.

Hmmm. And you don't even mention the stipulation that the other lot had to sell at the same time and that it was the Rezkos who came through after the seller sat on the Obamas' best offer for weeks?

And now that the Resko trial is starting we'll find out if Obama did anything wrong except donate the campaign contributions to charity that he received.

Obama's not on trial. We'll just get bunches of hints regarding the corruption in Illinois, and it's not looking good for Obama, who had a tendency to just happen to show up at events where Rezko was trying to woo foreign investors into his schemes.

Now, if I could give John Mc Cain some advice it would be to have his people stop talking about the times article. The more he talks about it the more information is coming to the surface. Mc Cain" I never met Bud Paxson" Bud Paxson " I personally met with Senator Mc Cain in his Office in DC"

He flew on my jet at-least two times. He should go back to what he does best. Continuing the Bush Scare America speeches.

You're from the same sock puppet family as "Truth Squad," right?

Provide the quotation from Sen. McCain if you can (or anything close). I'm pretty sure you're passing off a (paraphrase of a) statement from his campaign as his personal statement.

That would be in keeping with your very casual attitude toward the truth (and one of the reasons why you tend to reek of that other sock puppet).

http://www.google.com/search?q=mccain+%22I...ll&filter=0

Guest Keith
You're like the other sock-puppets who make assertions with no supporting evidence.

Rezko was once part of Obama's senatorial finance committee.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/812715,...rezko26.article

Oops. Is that a closer relative connection than a state campaign co-chair for somebody running for national office?

E-mail on file with the Obama camp and remains unreleased for public viewing?

Did it just slip your mind to mention that, or does it happen that you can point to a primary source for that information outside the Obama camp?

Hmmm. And you don't even mention the stipulation that the other lot had to sell at the same time and that it was the Rezkos who came through after the seller sat on the Obamas' best offer for weeks?

Obama's not on trial. We'll just get bunches of hints regarding the corruption in Illinois, and it's not looking good for Obama, who had a tendency to just happen to show up at events where Rezko was trying to woo foreign investors into his schemes.

You're from the same sock puppet family as "Truth Squad," right?

Provide the quotation from Sen. McCain if you can (or anything close). I'm pretty sure you're passing off a (paraphrase of a) statement from his campaign as his personal statement.

That would be in keeping with your very casual attitude toward the truth (and one of the reasons why you tend to reek of that other sock puppet).

http://www.google.com/search?q=mccain+%22I...ll&filter=0

Of please tell me you are going to beat "sock puppet " into the ground just like some do "looney lefty"!

Of please tell me you are going to beat "sock puppet " into the ground just like some do "looney lefty"!

If I've used "looney lefty" once I'd like for you to point it out.

But what would Keith care about the truth?

Semper Fi. Marines.com

If I've used "looney lefty" once I'd like for you to point it out.

A bit touchy, Bryan? I'm pretty sure that he was referring to 2Smart, Patriot, Bushbacker, and possibly a few others who do, in fact, make obnoxiously frequent use of that particular slur.

But what would Keith care about the truth?

Without inserting an unwarranted assumption that "some" must necessarily include Bryan (or any other person who doesn't use "looney lefty" or a close variant), his assertion is demonstrably true.

A bit touchy, Bryan?

You're not entirely off-track. I did misread Keith to refer to me in particular.

I'm pretty sure that he was referring to 2Smart, Patriot, Bushbacker, and possibly a few others who do, in fact, make obnoxiously frequent use of that particular slur.

You're very probably correct.

Without inserting an unwarranted assumption that "some" must necessarily include Bryan (or any other person who doesn't use "looney lefty" or a close variant), his assertion is demonstrably true.

Agreed, and I apologize for mistakenly using this as an example of Keith's trampling of the truth. Other examples will have to do.

You're not entirely off-track. I did misread Keith to refer to me in particular.

You're very probably correct.

Agreed, and I apologize for mistakenly using this as an example of Keith's trampling of the truth. Other examples will have to do.

That's very decent of you, Bryan.

(edit: Corrected embarrassing spelling error.)