Condo Parking ?

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

Does anyone know if the 72 condos planned for the old Cookie Factory site include off-street parking ? At an

average of 2 cars per unit, that's 144 cars that will need parking spaces. I hope 144 spaces are in the plans for

this development, the streets of Harrison cannot absorb any more cars.

Guest McDonough

What does it matter. I approved it, just like I approved the riverfront compact car parking spots for each 400,000 condo. 1.5 spots for Condo and they have to be compact spots.

What do you mean I have nothing to do with it. I'm the Planning board and the Zoning Board is appointed by me. I have my driveway.

Does anyone know if the 72 condos planned for the old Cookie Factory site include off-street parking ? At an

average of 2 cars per unit, that's 144 cars that will need parking spaces. I hope 144 spaces are in the plans for

Guest Rocks in the Head

What's the problem, ****** and Me, Mahogany, have the Parking Concession all wrap up. We would have channeled it to ********** but we're tired of him getting a cut of everything just because of his name on the cover?

Parking for those condos has been allotted at 1.5 cars per unit for a total of 108 spaces. They are including 22 parking spaces on Bergen Street in that 108. How unrealistic is this!!! There's a planning board meeting on February 27 at 7:30 to review the parking. If you're interested, please attend. The more opposition that the Planning Board sees, the more likely they will be to oppose the plan!

this development, the streets of Harrison cannot absorb any m

The people moving in there are going to be commuter people and will rely on the PATH to get to work. They should have limited cars because they all will walk to the PATH station. That is what someone who works for the town told me.

There will be a planning board meeting on addressing this situation on February 27, 2008, Please make every effort to attend and comment on this issue for, I like you feel that our present residents that have invested in Harrison many years ago need to be given the opportunity to address this issue and to find out why these developers are being given not only 30 year tax abatements (this means that their taxes will not go up for 30 years, they pay a fixed rate per year) and why they are forgiven for parking spaces, when WE THE RESIDENTS OF HARRISON AND TAXPAYERS are requested to go by the parking space formula that is given by the town, AND OUR TAXES GO UP EVERY YEAR. WHY IS THAT????? PLEASE ATTEND THIS MEETING ON FEBRUARY 27, 2008 AT 6:30 PM. We as taxpayers for many many many years can address this much abused situation by our departments that only want what they want? THEY ARE WORKING FOR US ARENT THEY??? THIS MEANS THAT THEY SHOULD BE ON OUR SIDE AND BE FAIR TO ALL. Thank you

Guest SAVE AND PROTECT HARRISON
There will be a planning board meeting on addressing this situation on February 27, 2008, Please make every effort to attend and comment on this issue for, I like you feel that our present residents that have invested in Harrison many years ago need to be given the opportunity to address this issue and to find out why these developers are being given not only 30 year tax abatements (this means that their taxes will not go up for 30 years, they pay a fixed rate per year) and why they are forgiven for parking spaces, when WE THE RESIDENTS OF HARRISON AND TAXPAYERS are requested to go by the parking space formula that is given by the town, AND OUR TAXES GO UP EVERY YEAR. WHY IS THAT????? PLEASE ATTEND THIS MEETING ON FEBRUARY 27, 2008 AT 6:30 PM. We as taxpayers for many many many years can address this much abused situation by our departments that only want what they want? THEY ARE WORKING FOR US ARENT THEY??? THIS MEANS THAT THEY SHOULD BE ON OUR SIDE AND BE FAIR TO ALL. Thank you

PLEASE GO TO THE MEETING AS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE 2ND WARD AND THE EXISTING RESIDENTS OF OUR TOWN. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE STICK TOGETHER AND FORMING OUR COMMUNITY GROUP TO STAND UP FOR THESE DEEP POCKET DEVELOPERS OUR OUR REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY THAT HAS FAILED US. FEBRUARY 27, 2008 AT 6:30 PM - MEETING ABOUT THE PARKING SITUATION ON BERGEN STREET AND WHAT THESE DEVELOPERS WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE RESIDENTS THAT HAVE BEEN HERE IN HARRISON FOR MANY MANY YEARS WITH NO COMPLAINTS, WE NEED TO BE PROTECTING OURSELVES AND WE HOPE THE THE POLITICIANS THAT WE VOTED FOR ARE THERE ALSO, WE WILL SPEAK UP. PLEASE BE THERE

PLEASE GO TO THE MEETING AS THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR THE 2ND WARD AND THE EXISTING RESIDENTS OF OUR TOWN. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE STICK TOGETHER AND FORMING OUR COMMUNITY GROUP TO STAND UP FOR THESE DEEP POCKET DEVELOPERS OUR OUR REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY THAT HAS FAILED US. FEBRUARY 27, 2008 AT 6:30 PM - MEETING ABOUT THE PARKING SITUATION ON BERGEN STREET AND WHAT THESE DEVELOPERS WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM THE RESIDENTS THAT HAVE BEEN HERE IN HARRISON FOR MANY MANY YEARS WITH NO COMPLAINTS, WE NEED TO BE PROTECTING OURSELVES AND WE HOPE THE THE POLITICIANS THAT WE VOTED FOR ARE THERE ALSO, WE WILL SPEAK UP. PLEASE BE THERE

Called the Construction Department and they confirmed the meeting is at 7:30, not 6:30.

Called the Construction Department and they confirmed the meeting is at 7:30, not 6:30.

Thank you for clarifying this for us, yes in the newspaper it does say 7:30, it is suggested that you arrive early so that they don't make a quick decision just like the Mayor and Council meetings.

Wednesday February 27, 2008 at 7:30 pm, come and voice your concerns.

Guest Bergen St. Taxpayer

I have already spoken with an attorney concerning this condo development plan. If it is approved

without provisions for adequate off-street parking, I will be filing a lawsuit to stop it.

My neighborhood streets cannot absorb another 150 or more cars, it will be a nightmare. This town is

being put on notice, approve this plan without off-street parking and we'll see you in court.

I have already spoken with an attorney concerning this condo development plan. If it is approved

without provisions for adequate off-street parking, I will be filing a lawsuit to stop it.

My neighborhood streets cannot absorb another 150 or more cars, it will be a nightmare. This town is

being put on notice, approve this plan without off-street parking and we'll see you in court.

don't you people on bergen street already have driveways and off street parking ? what is the problem, do you also take up parking on the streets ? do you want it all?

Steve and Maria will handle it!

Guest slammed
The people moving in there are going to be commuter people and will rely on the PATH to get to work. They should have limited cars because they all will walk to the PATH station. That is what someone who works for the town told me.

That's right........ you can only buy this condo if you swear to never buy a car. Walk or mass transit for you! We mean it!

Oh and by the way, this housing project is only allowing 7 children so first in gets to have a family. Quick I hear bed springs!

What a farce, just like the low income housing (don't get me going on the senior housing), they think that parking three blocks away will be sufficient and people will actually use it.

The stiffs like me will be forced to park there when all the parking spots anywhere near my house are jammed. Must be because I don't pay enough in taxes that I have to watch most of these rental units in town support 3+ cars etc.

But don't worry because new condo residents dislike having any automobiles so there won't be any extras there.

Guest *Harrisonian*

Whoever wrote this response should be the next Mayor of the town. Post your name and I'll be your campaign Chairperson. This is the kind of response our town and the populace needs to throw in the path of Mahogany and Peter B.

They have a difficult time with people that have a constitution. Listen for the Church bells in the background at the 2/29/08 Meeting, it says it all!

Guest (Mr. Gabriel)

(Mayor McD**ba**)

"Get 'em out by Friday!

You don't get paid till the last one's well on his way.

Get 'em out by Friday!

It's important that we keep to schedule, there must be no delay."

(Peter Higgins)

"I represent a firm of gentlemen who recently purchased this

house and all the others in the road,

In the interest of humanity we've found a better place for you

to go, go-woh, go-woh"

(Joe Tenant)

"Oh no, this I can't believe,

Oh Mary, they're asking us to leave."

(Mayor McD**ba**)

"Get 'em out by Friday!

I've told you before, 's good many gone if we let them stay.

And if it isn't easy,

You can squeeze a little grease and our troubles will soon run away."

(Joe Tenant)

"After all this time, they ask us to leave,

And I told them we could pay double the rent.

I don't know why it seemed so funny,

Seeing as how they'd take more money.

The winkler called again, he came here this morning,

With four hundred pounds and a photograph of the place he has found.

A block of flats with central heating.

I think we're going to find it hard."

(Peter Higgins)

"Now we've got them!

I've always said that cash cash cash can do anything well.

Work can be rewarding

When a flash of intuition is a gift that helps you

excel-sell-sell-sell."

(Mayor McD**ba**)

"Here we are in Harrison New Town, did you recognise your block

across the square, over there,

Sadly since last time we spoke, we've found we've had to raise

the rent again,

just a bit."

(Joe Tenant)

"Oh no, this I can't believe

Oh Mary, and we agreed to leave."

(Town Council)

This is an announcement from Genetic Control:

"It is my sad duty to inform you of a four foot restriction on

humanoid height."

(What the Zombies are saying)

"I hear the directors of Genetic Control have been buying all the

properties that have recently been sold, taking risks oh so bold.

It's said now that people will be shorter in height,

they can fit twice as many in the same building site.

(they say it's alright),

Beginning with the tenants of the town of Harrison,

in the interest of humanity, they've been told they must go,

told they must go-go-go-go."

(Harrison Redevelopment Agency)

"I think I've fixed a new deal

A dozen properties - we'll buy at five and sell at thirty four,

Some are still inhabited,

It's time to send the winkler to see them,

he'll have to work some more."

(Memo from *** ******* *****)

With land in your hand, you'll be happy on earth

Then invest in the Church for your heaven.

don't you people on bergen street already have driveways and off street parking ? what is the problem, do you also take up parking on the streets ? do you want it all?

No we do not want it all, but we do want some consideration. Most 2 family homes have 2 cars per family, and we do utilize the parking across the street for our use. These developers need to provide their entire parking for their condos not take our street parking. They are only allowed 1.5 parking spaces per unit with 2 to 3 bedrooms, how fair is that when we build we need to provide 2 parking spaces per unit, so you figure it out before you start posting bullshit about we want it all. Listen well, it you have any issues with this then you should attend the meeting on Wednesday February 27th at 7PM you can let me know then face to face, mano a mano.

No we do not want it all, but we do want some consideration. Most 2 family homes have 2 cars per family, and we do utilize the parking across the street for our use. These developers need to provide their entire parking for their condos not take our street parking. They are only allowed 1.5 parking spaces per unit with 2 to 3 bedrooms, how fair is that when we build we need to provide 2 parking spaces per unit, so you figure it out before you start posting bullshit about we want it all. Listen well, it you have any issues with this then you should attend the meeting on Wednesday February 27th at 7PM you can let me know then face to face, mano a mano.

Where were all you people who are now complaining about this construction of homes on Berger Street when the planing board sent out notices to the neighborhood to come to the planning board meeting if you have issues with this development ? Don't you think it's too late and why should your complaint be valid today? I feel that the developers should have the right to begin law suits to all who now are interfering with the progress that has been already approved by the town and then maybe the late complainers will think the next time to be prompt will their disapproval of projects in the future.

YOU WANT TO CONTROL BOTH SIDES OF THE STREET, THAT DON'T SEEM FAIR.

Guest Pete Moss

Think about it like this. Let the morons in charge allocate every parking spot on every street to the developers. The people without off street parking are done. They might as well sell their cars. The ones fortunate to have a spot off street will have an asset worth plenty. At least you can still park your car in town. The others can get a bike or walk or take the 39. Why care about people without parking spots. The town doesn't so why should you.

Guest Shocking
Where were all you people who are now complaining about this construction of homes on Berger Street when the planing board sent out notices to the neighborhood to come to the planning board meeting if you have issues with this development ? Don't you think it's too late and why should your complaint be valid today? I feel that the developers should have the right to begin law suits to all who now are interfering with the progress that has been already approved by the town and then maybe the late complainers will think the next time to be prompt will their disapproval of projects in the future.

WOW! You must be the stupidest person on the entire planet. Get an education 3rd grade.

Guest Bergen St. Taxpayer

Thank you Mr. Mayor for your undying support.

There was NO NOTICE served when the condos were first proposed in 2005. Several of the homeowners have already advised the Planning Board about this. This is the first time that we are able to comment because this time they did serve notice.

Guest Bergen Street
There was NO NOTICE served when the condos were first proposed in 2005. Several of the homeowners have already advised the Planning Board about this. This is the first time that we are able to comment because this time they did serve notice.

Better late than never. They haven't started construction yet so lets fix the problem now. Full parking for all new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter B.

Thanks Mom for addressing this matter for me, I'm overwhelmed with the emails I have received since f**king up the Eminent Domain charade I tried to hang on my Beloved People of Harrison. I'm going to try handling these matters from my Patio in South Belmar while delivering my Deposition to Chris Christie. Could you make the Novena at Holy Cross for me this week, too many people have recognized me behind the Michael Dollarhand mask? Love Ya!