Drinkers get it.

Guest BushBacker.

That's the question you should have asked about Clinton. The Islamic Jihadists attacked us EVERY year of the Clinton administration. And EVERY year Clinton found an excuse to not strike back.  It's no wonder 9/11 occurred, by the end of the Clinton administration, the terrorists were convinced we were harmless.

How much of a proud american can you be and not be outraged by Clinton's cowardice in the face of terrorist attacks.

So in your delusional world the launching of 75 cruise missiles is not striking back?

That certainly explains somewhat why your posts are generally asinine and have no factual basis.

Don't forget who was in the White House on 9/11. Since you imply there were huge, overt problems just what was the cowboy doing other than getting used to having Rove pull his strings?

Guest a proud american
That's the question you should have asked about Clinton. The Islamic Jihadists attacked us EVERY year of the Clinton administration. And EVERY year Clinton found an excuse to not strike back.  It's no wonder 9/11 occurred, by the end of the Clinton administration, the terrorists were convinced we were harmless.

How much of a proud american can you be and not be outraged by Clinton's cowardice in the face of terrorist attacks.

Actually, he took atleast five shots at Osama and on three occassions he was accused of doing it to take peoples minds off of Monica. I guess you forgot that. But, Bush has had six years to get him and for the last two years our great leader and his merry men have lost track of him and don't even know where he is. And, they apparently don't care since they have all but gutted the group responsible for tracking him. But rest assured the NSA knows what you've been doing. They've been listening to your conversations for a couple of years now. Instead of placing blame on one or the other how about lets concentrate on who the real enemy is. In the Navy, as I understand it, the Captain is responsible for the ship regardless if he in on the bridge or not. Clinton was repsonsible until 2001. It's been Bush's responsibility since then. So right now it's his ship.

Actually, he took atleast five shots at Osama and on three occassions he was accused of doing it to take peoples minds off of Monica. I guess you forgot that. But, Bush has had six years to get him and for the last two years our great leader and his merry men have lost track of him and don't even know where he is. And, they apparently don't care since they have all but gutted the group responsible for tracking him. But rest assured the NSA knows what you've been doing. They've been listening to your conversations for a couple of years now. Instead of placing blame on one or the other how about lets concentrate on who the real enemy is. In the Navy, as I understand it, the Captain is responsible for the ship regardless if he in on the bridge or not. Clinton was repsonsible until 2001. It's been Bush's responsibility since then. So right now it's his ship.

That's right, it's Bush's ship. And the first thing he did was to take down the white flag Clinton was flying and run up the stars and stripes. Semper Fi.

That's right, it's Bush's ship.  And the first thing he did was to take down the white flag Clinton was flying and run up the stars and stripes. Semper Fi.

THAT's the whole problem with you neo-Nazi-cons. You think Bush should have the autonomous power of a sea-captain and that is most assuredly not the case.

Maybe you should spend a little more time reading the Constitution and stop wasting time on that Coulter B**ch.

Kudos to Patriot.  That's the best come-back I've read in a while. Semper Fi.

Just another display of how ignorant of the FACTS you are. It's NOT Bush's ship by any stretch of the imagination. At best he's the one hired to steer it and it's headed right towards a reef. LEARN the basis of government, he represents the people, it is NOT his to do with what he wants.

Just another display of how ignorant of the FACTS you are.  It's NOT Bush's ship by any stretch of the imagination.  At best he's the one hired to steer it and it's headed right towards a reef.  LEARN the basis of government, he represents the people, it is NOT his to do with what he wants.

Your mind is wandering, cut back on the Kool-aid.

Guest a proud american
Just another display of how ignorant of the FACTS you are.  It's NOT Bush's ship by any stretch of the imagination.  At best he's the one hired to steer it and it's headed right towards a reef.  LEARN the basis of government, he represents the people, it is NOT his to do with what he wants.

The most favorite tactic of a neo-con is, when confronted with facts, is to change the subject to something else. The Captain of the ship comment was made to illustrate that no matter what was or wasn't done in the past, the captain is still responsible for the actions of his crew. Bush is now the captain and has run the ship aground. It doesn't matter that even members of his own party are questioning his actions. Just keep blaming Clinton enough and people will start to believe it. Thats the neo-con plan. The fact is we have a president who seems to have a case of attention deficit disorder. On September 13, 2001 he stood at the site of the worst terrorist attack in American history and said we're going to get the ones that did this. And the nation and world supported us. Instead of getting the ones that did this to us, he invaded Iraq. No one disputes that Sadaam was an evil man, but he wasn't the evil man who attacked us. Bin Laden and his men did. And to quote the president, "I don't think about Bin Laden all that much". Blame Clinton if you want but the Army had Osama corned at Tora Bora and Bush let someone else try to finish the job. And the rest is history. We haven't been able to find him for two years and bush himself has said he's no longer interested in Osama. They have gutted the Special Op's Group responsible for tracking him and do not even have a commander for the group. As far as the comment about running to AF one, Bush knew before he ever went into the class room that the one of the towers had been hit. He did nothing. When the second plane hit and he had to react, he sat there like a deer in the headlights of a tractor trailer. So before we make comments like running up the american flag, which is a real nice sound bite, we should examine the facts first. And to semper fi, the marines need 2500 former members to come back in. Heres your chance to serve your Corps and the country. Of course I'm sure your too old or out of shape or have some other reason why you can't go back in. Thats usually the case. As long as someone elses kids are doing the fighting thats ok. How about you do some fighting. Real fighting not sitting at a computer fighting.

The most favorite tactic of a neo-con is, when confronted with facts, is to change the subject to something else. The Captain of the ship comment was made to illustrate that no matter what was or wasn't done in the past, the captain is still responsible for the actions of his crew. Bush is now the captain and has run the ship aground. It doesn't matter that even members of his own party are questioning his actions. Just keep blaming Clinton enough and people will start to believe it. Thats the neo-con plan. The fact is we have a president who seems to have a case of attention deficit disorder. On September 13, 2001 he stood at the site of the worst terrorist attack in American history and said we're going to get the ones that did this. And the nation and world supported us. Instead of getting the ones that did this to us, he invaded Iraq. No one disputes that Sadaam was an evil man, but he wasn't the evil man who attacked us. Bin Laden and his men did. And to quote the president, "I don't think about Bin Laden all that much". Blame Clinton if you want but the Army had Osama corned at Tora Bora and Bush let someone else try to finish the job. And the rest is history. We haven't been able to find him for two years and bush himself has said he's no longer interested in Osama. They have gutted the Special Op's Group responsible for tracking him and do not even have a commander for the group. As far as the comment about running to AF one, Bush knew before he ever went into the class room that the one of the towers had been hit. He did nothing. When the second plane hit and he had to react, he sat there like a deer in the headlights of a tractor trailer. So before we make comments like running up the american flag, which is a real nice sound bite, we should examine the facts first. And to semper fi, the marines need 2500 former members to come back in. Heres your chance to serve your Corps and the country. Of course I'm sure your too old or out of shape or have some other reason why you can't go back in. Thats usually the case. As long as someone elses kids are doing the fighting thats ok. How about you do some fighting. Real fighting not sitting at a computer fighting.

Wrong, Kool-aid breath. It's the defeatocrats that have a problem with the truth. Remember "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"'.

Wrong, Kool-aid breath. It's the defeatocrats that have a problem with the truth.  Remember  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"'.

REMEMBER:

I don't remember selling missiles to an enemy

I am not a crook

Mission Accomplished

I'm a Uniter

I Will Get Those Responsible for 9/11

Saddam Sought Uranium in Africa

Saddam Has WMDs

Guest a proud american
Wrong, Kool-aid breath. It's the defeatocrats that have a problem with the truth.  Remember  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"'.

As usual the best you can do is name calling. How about responding to the post with some intelligent comments for a change. I know you can do it. I just know you can. Be like the little engine that could. I think I can, I think I can.

As usual the best you can do is name calling. How about responding to the post with some intelligent comments for a change. I know you can do it. I just know you can. Be like the little engine that could. I think I can, I think I can.

The poor REMF just can't get beyond his Kool-Aid obsession long enough to understand his hero has claimed he'll get those responsible for 9/11 and then invaded a country with NO TIES to 9/11.

THAT CANNOT BE EXPLAINED logically so he resorts to his asinine commentary

Guest a proud american
REMEMBER:

I don't remember selling missiles to an enemy

I am not a crook

Mission Accomplished

I'm a Uniter

I Will Get Those Responsible for 9/11

Saddam Sought Uranium in Africa

Saddam Has WMDs

And I also remember the September 13, 2001 statement "we're going to get the ones that did this to us". How we doing so far?

Guest BushBacker
And I also remember the September 13, 2001 statement "we're going to get the ones that did this to us". How we doing so far?

We're doing great. Thousands of terrorists killed throughout the world. No further terrorist attacks in this country since 9/11 dispite attacks occurring around the world. Thank God for George Bush. He's protecting us like he said he would.

We're doing great. Thousands of terrorists killed throughout the world. No further terrorist attacks in this country since 9/11 dispite attacks  occurring around the world. Thank God for George Bush. He's protecting us like he said he would.

So now you're going to tell us that SIXTEEN US intelligence agencies are engaged in a conspiracy when they tell us Bush has made things WORSE?

He's protecting us? Why did his administration ignore the July '01 CIS warning of an IMMINENT al Qaeda threat?

Stick a fork in yourself BushWanker, YOU ARE DONE!

We're doing great. Thousands of terrorists killed throughout the world. No further terrorist attacks in this country since 9/11 dispite attacks  occurring around the world. Thank God for George Bush. He's protecting us like he said he would.

If he HAD protected us 9/11 would not have happened, his administration had a warning by the CIA of an IMMINENT attack and DID NOTHING! And NOW we KNOW that his poorly conceived plans have made matters WORSE!

Stop trying to make God the scapegoat for this bumbling, incompetent sorry excuse for a leader.

Guest a proud american

He's protecting us? Killing thousands of terrorists around the world? In case you don't know, the thousands of terrorists that have been killed are Iraqi citizens, being killed in a civil war. A war that we brought upon them. And just how has he kept us safe? Has he put into place the recommendations of the 9/11 bi-partisen commission? No. Has he spent money on improving airport security? No. Has he given money to the ports to help examine the cargo coming into the Country? No. Did he cut terrorism money that would have been going to New York City? Yes. Has he cut back funds for the military to do the job necessary? Yes. From February 1993, to September 11, 2001 there was no other Al-queda attacks in this country. Do the math, thats 8 years. So according to your logic, we shouldn't expect an attack until after the 08 elections. Heres how he's really protected us from terrorism. He's violated the law at-least 30 times in the last three years. He has used electronic eaves dropping on the American People. He just got a so called terrorist bill passed that, in reality can be used against american citizens any time he believes they are a threat and he can keep them imprisoned for the rest of their lives just by calling them "Enemy Combatants". Which means any form of dissent or protest that calls into question what he is doing just so long as the individual (s) aren't charged as such. And by using his now famous signing statements can usurp even the most positive aspects of the bill. So the question that needs to be asked is: While you believe that he's keeping us safe from the terrorists, who's keeping us safe from him? Certainly not you and your ilk.

Guest Patriot
He's protecting us? Killing thousands of terrorists around the world? In case you don't know, the thousands of terrorists that have been killed are Iraqi citizens, being killed in a civil war. A war that we brought upon them. And just how has he kept us safe? Has he put into place the recommendations of the 9/11 bi-partisen commission? No. Has he spent money on improving airport security? No. Has he given money to the ports to help examine the cargo coming into the Country? No. Did he cut terrorism money that would have been going to New York City? Yes.  Has he cut back funds for the military to do the job necessary? Yes. From February 1993, to September 11, 2001 there was no other Al-queda attacks in this country. Do the math, thats 8 years. So according to your logic, we shouldn't expect an attack until after the 08 elections. Heres how he's really protected us from terrorism. He's violated the law at-least 30 times in the last three years. He has used electronic eaves dropping on the American People. He just got a so called terrorist bill passed that, in reality can be used against american citizens any time he believes they are a threat and he can keep them imprisoned for the rest of their lives just by calling them "Enemy Combatants". Which means any form of dissent or protest that calls into question what he is doing just so long as the individual (s) aren't charged as such. And by using his now famous signing statements can usurp even the most positive aspects of the bill. So the question that needs to be asked is: While you believe that he's keeping us safe from the terrorists, who's keeping us safe from him? Certainly not you and your ilk.

Paranoia is a terrible thing, I would suggest therapy to try to come to terms with your extreme fears. "American citizens imprisoned for the rest of their lives by calling them enemy combatants" ??? First thing you need to do is lay off the Kool-aid. Good luck.

Guest a proud american
Paranoia is a terrible thing, I would suggest therapy to try to come to terms with your extreme fears.  "American citizens imprisoned for the rest of their lives by calling them enemy combatants" ???  First thing you need to do is lay off the Kool-aid. Good luck.

Don't confuse paranoia with fact. And he fact is, he can do exactly that. Just as long as you aren't charged you can be held as an enemy combatant. Look at the bill and read it. Some day you people are going to wake up and understand that your leader is an authoritarian who believes in absolute control and will use any means necessary to make sure he remains in control.

Guest Patriot
Don't confuse paranoia with fact. And he fact is, he can do exactly that. Just as long as you aren't charged you can be held as an enemy combatant. Look at the bill and read it. Some day you people are going to wake up and understand that your leader is an authoritarian who believes in absolute control and will use any means necessary to make sure he remains in control.

Terrorists are being held as "enemy combatants" not american citizens as you said in you last post. I support holding terrorists in prison, when they're in prison they can't behead anyone.

And I'm proud that "my" leader is an authoritarian who believes in absolute control". That's why we haven't been attacked in over 5 years.

BTW, who's your leader ??

Guest A proud American
Terrorists are being held as "enemy combatants"  not american citizens as you  said in you last post.  I support holding terrorists in prison, when they're in prison they can't behead anyone.

And I'm proud that "my" leader is an authoritarian who believes in absolute control". That's why we haven't been attacked in over 5 years.

BTW,  who's your leader ??

Under the new Military Commissions Bill or S.3929 if you would like to read it, Which by the way the cowboy ran around saying he needed this bill right away but hasn't bothered to sign it allows for the suspension of Habeas Corpus. To read what this is go to Article I of the Constitution, section 9, para 2.

What this bill says is that the Government can use the term "enemy combatant" for people living both in the US or Abroad and suspend habeas corpus for an indefinate period of time. What this phrase enemy combatant means is that while usually applied to enemy aliens it also extends to anyone who the Government determines is working against their war on terrorism. It means that you and I can be held to this standard simply by protesting, asking others to protest, speaking out against the Government etc, etc. You have to remember that, so long as you aren't charged with an actual crime, you can be held indefinately. Since you have no right to an attorney or to speak with an attorney you have no right to due process. You don't have to take my word for it just get on www.thomas.gov and look it up for yourself.

Now you can be proud of your leader if you think he's prevented another terrorist attack, but if yesterday is any indication of how he's keeping us safe you're more dilluded than I thought. Sure , it was just a civilian, but it could just have easily been someone who was determined to do real damage. And when the plane hit what was the first thing you thought about? How safe did you feel knowing that once again a plane was legally allowed to fly around Manhattan without fear of any interference. So if you feel that losing another of your rights to an authoritarian government is ok with you than god bless you because one day you're going to wake up and realize just how nieve you really are.

Terrorists are being held as "enemy combatants"  not american citizens as you  said in you last post.  I support holding terrorists in prison, when they're in prison they can't behead anyone.

BTW,  who's your leader ??

Your so-called leader is an arrogant, narrow minded, tunnel-visioned. bumbling man who must be held responsible for the fact we were attacked after he was warned by the CIA and did nothing.

If you REALLY like authoritarian leadership why don't you move to Belarus, Syria or some other place whose government you would love you miserable sheep?

Guest Concerned Citizen
Under the new Military Commissions Bill or S.3929 if you would like to read it, Which by the way the cowboy ran around saying he needed this bill right away but hasn't bothered to sign it allows for the suspension of Habeas Corpus. To read what this is go to Article I of the Constitution, section 9, para 2.

What this bill says is that the Government can use the term "enemy combatant" for people living both in the US or Abroad and suspend habeas corpus for an indefinate period of time. What this phrase enemy combatant means is that while usually applied to enemy aliens it also extends to anyone who the Government determines is working against their war on terrorism. It means that you and I can be held to this standard simply by protesting, asking others to protest, speaking out against the Government etc, etc. You have to remember that, so long as you aren't charged with an actual crime, you can be held indefinately. Since you have no right to an attorney or to speak with an attorney you have no right to due process. You don't have to take my word for it just get on www.thomas.gov and look it up for yourself.

Now you can be proud of your leader if you think he's prevented another terrorist attack, but if yesterday is any indication of how he's keeping us safe you're more dilluded than I thought. Sure , it was just a civilian, but it could just have easily been someone who was determined to do real damage. And when the plane hit what was the first thing you thought about? How safe did you feel knowing that once again a plane was legally allowed to fly around Manhattan without fear of any interference. So if you feel that losing another of your rights to an authoritarian government is ok with you than god bless you because one day you're going to wake up and realize just how nieve you really are.

You're blaming Bush for not preventing the private plane from hitting the building in NY ?? That is really funny.

How safe did you feel knowing that once again a plane was legally allowed to fly around Manhattan without fear of any interference. 

With the probable exception of a period after 9/11 planes have been allowed to fly around Manhattan for decades with an excellent safety record.

And as far as a threat they're no worse than the thousands of vehicles that could carry much more weight that go in/out of the city every day or the thousands of unchecked containers in/out of the port every day.