Peruvian Day Parade

MrHarrison

Well, since we now know that the town has extra money to put on a parade, I expect the Memorial Day and Halloween Parades to be brought back this year.

Who paid for the extra police on hand for the parade?

Who paid for the DPW workers to paint the red line on the streets?

Better not have been the taxpayers.

I have nothing against Peruvians, or Hispanics, but this town is, parden my French, f***ed up.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest LH - mole

Mr. Harrison, I rarely agree with you, but how can I not on this one. I am a McDonough vote, and the fact that we have a Peruvian Parade and not a Halloween Day Parade is awful. Get your priorities straight Ray. Somewhere Rodgers is rolling in his grave, and you know it. It's about time to bring back the Halloween Parade.

Guest Guest
Well, since we now know that the town has extra money to put on a parade, I expect the Memorial Day and Halloween Parades to be brought back this year.

I have nothing against Peruvians, or Hispanics, but this town is, parden my French, f***ed up.

If you lived in Peru and were thinking about sneaking into the United States you would consider the following. Harrison New Jersey had a Peruvian flag raising celebration, they had a parade, and a picnic with a band and everything. Waco Texas, arrested six illegal Peruvians working in a Wal Mart and deported them. Where would you move to.

Guest Guest

Apples is working with the PP's on this one. Keep criticizing and it's curtains for you, ya filthy animal.

Guest Guest

YEAH, I WANT TO KNOW WHO PAID FOR IT???????????????? AND WE CAN'T HAVE OUR "AMERICAN" PARADES BECAUSE THE TOWN HAS NO MONEY FOR THEM. THAT'S PURE BULL.............................

Guest guest

Oh my goodness this is exactly why I came on this site today. I totally agree with you. Even if they slam a Halloween Parade (which is bull) HOW DARE this town have a Peruvian parade and not a 4th of July celebration!!!! HOW DARE THEM!!!! This is absolutely bull crap! What a slap in the face to this country. I also have nothing against any other nationality but come on. There should not be any festivities for foreign countries before there is one for our Great country. We already have a Multi cultural Festival what about an American theme festival?

Guest guest
YEAH, I WANT TO KNOW WHO PAID FOR IT???????????????? AND WE CAN'T HAVE OUR "AMERICAN" PARADES BECAUSE THE TOWN HAS NO MONEY FOR THEM.  THAT'S PURE BULL.............................

COME ON RAY!!! WHAT'S FAIR IS FAIR!!! WHAT ABOUT THE OLD TIME HARRISONIANS WHO GREW UP HERE IN TOWN!!! DON'T THEY DESERVE A PARADE TOO, PERHAPS FOR HOllOWEEN!!! DON"'T TAKE OUR VOTE FOR GRANTED !!! YOU'RE NOT PLAYING FAIR, MANY PEOPLE WILL VOTE FOR THE OTHER GUY JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE BEING IGNORED BY YOU,

OR THEY'LL STAY HOME ON ELECTIION DAY, PULL DOWN THE SHADES AND NOT VOTE!!!

If you keep ignoring us, and taking our vote for granted, you'll lose on election day! IF MONEY IS TIGHT, THEN THERE SHOULD BE 'NO PARADES' FOR ANYBODY OR GOUP.!!

Guest Guest

Crap I missed it!

Guest Guest
Well, since we now know that the town has extra money to put on a parade, I expect the Memorial Day and Halloween Parades to be brought back this year.(DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH BUDDY)

Who paid for the extra police on hand for the parade? (YOU)

Who paid for the DPW workers to paint the red line on the streets?(YOU)

Better not have been the taxpayers. (TWAS)

I have nothing against Peruvians, or Hispanics, but this town is, parden my French, f***ed up. (YAH RIGHT)

Guest BlueTideFootball-68/71

I'm living in NC but still consider Harrison my "hometown". A Peruvian Day Parade ??? McDonough canceled the Halloween Parade and allows a freakin Peruvian Parade ?? Doesn't McDonough know Halloween is an American tradition that dates back to the 1800's ?? Mayor Rodgers ( who was a friend of mine) was an Army veteran and a patriot, he would be saddened by what is happening to Harrison. McDonough, you should be ashamed of yourself. It seems to me you're selling Harrison's heritage for a fistfull of votes.

Guest guest
YEAH, I WANT TO KNOW WHO PAID FOR IT???????????????? AND WE CAN'T HAVE OUR "AMERICAN" PARADES BECAUSE THE TOWN HAS NO MONEY FOR THEM.  THAT'S PURE BULL.............................

It's called VOTES he is shitting his pants already. They better have a Halloween Parade for the kids this year, then they wonder why people don't go out of their way to speak english, they get everything handed to them. There were carts and people selling parade stuff on Sunday as well was it a two day event??? We can't even get 1 parade for our kids. Bigshot doesn't show up for the DARE Graduations or the kids graduation's but he can go join a peruvian parade.

Guest guest
COME ON RAY!!!  WHAT'S FAIR IS FAIR!!!    WHAT ABOUT THE OLD TIME HARRISONIANS WHO GREW UP HERE IN TOWN!!!  DON'T THEY DESERVE A PARADE TOO, PERHAPS FOR HOllOWEEN!!!  DON"'T TAKE OUR VOTE FOR GRANTED !!!  YOU'RE NOT PLAYING FAIR, MANY PEOPLE WILL VOTE FOR THE OTHER GUY JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE BEING IGNORED BY YOU,

OR THEY'LL STAY HOME ON ELECTIION DAY, PULL DOWN THE SHADES AND NOT VOTE!!!

If you keep ignoring us, and taking our vote  for  granted, you'll lose on election  day!  IF MONEY IS TIGHT, THEN  THERE SHOULD BE 'NO PARADES' FOR ANYBODY OR GOUP.!!

maybe you can reimburse yourself for the campaign funds

Guest Guest

Well, Ray just lost his November election, but the sad part is that his opponent is not American. We'll still miss out on American traditions. Bye, Ray.

Guest guest
I'm living in NC but still consider Harrison my "hometown".  A Peruvian Day Parade ???  McDonough canceled the Halloween Parade and allows a freakin Peruvian Parade ?? Doesn't McDonough know Halloween is an American tradition that dates back to the 1800's ??  Mayor Rodgers ( who was a friend of mine) was an Army veteran and a patriot, he would be saddened by what is happening to Harrison. McDonough, you should be ashamed of yourself. It seems to me you're selling Harrison's heritage for a fistfull of votes.

votes? i am sure must of them are not even american citizens.

and what is worst must of them consider that the life in peru is better than in this country, from this country the only good thing are the american dollars

Guest Guest

Where's Fernandez now? Not commenting on this subject, cause he knows damn well if Millan gets in he'll have a portuguese Day parade, or maybe just a hispanic day all together.

Guest Guest
votes? i am sure must of them are not even american citizens.

and what is worst must of them consider that the life in peru is better than in this country, from this country the only good thing are the american dollars

That's not true. I'm American (of Irish decent) and I have many Peruvian friends, none of which believe Peru is 'better' than American. According to most they're incomparable because the lifestyles are completely different. Perhaps they came to this country to make a buck but how can you blame them? Why did your ancestors come here? I'm just as pissed as the rest of you that the Halloween parade was cancelled but do you know for sure that some Peruvian organization didn't pay at least some amount of money for the parade? Did the Irish American club pay for the Saint Patrick's Day parade? How can one be fair and the other not be? I don't know. The racism on this website is almost sickening. We're in the middle of a war and our soldiers are Peruvian, Irish, Brazilian, Polish, etc. If they can fight for us, why can't they have a stupid (yet very amusing) parade? As the saying goes, there are bigger fish to fry. If you're that upset about the Halloween parade then let's start a committee, get permission granted, raise the funds and have ourselves one damn good Halloween parade.

Oh and Mr. Harrison, I have a pretty good idea of who you are and let me tell you now, racism isn't permitted down the path you are choosing to travel, so open your mind. You should understand what it's like to be in a group that is the miniority and not really accepted around here.

Guest Guest
Well, Ray just lost his November election, but the sad part is that his opponent is not American.  We'll still miss out on American traditions.  Bye, Ray.

YOU IDIOT, VOTES DON'T HAVE TO BE FOR EITHER PARTY..... WRITE INS WILL WIN THE ELECTION. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest VOTES NEEDED

Let me set everyone straight RAY WILL WIN... RAY DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE TOWN OF HARRISON!!!!!!!!!!!! RAY CARES FOR HIMSELF AND A SELECT FEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! MILLAN HAS NO SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not enough people vote in harrison for whatever reason- ray gets his cronies out to support him -- I heard town employees(teachers, police, caretakers) say they didn't vote for Hinchcliffe for fear of their jobs and what may happen on the job if they did!! RAY HAS PEOPLE BELEIVING IF THEY VOTE AGANIST HIM THEY WILL BE ON THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE!!!!!!THAT HE KNOWS WHO YOU VOTE FOR AND THEY ALL CAN'T BE WRONG!!!! when people stay home rather than vote for the oppisition it's just like say ray you win and i really dont like it but oh welll!!!!!!!!! everyone is pissing and moaning about a parade how about the big monies being paid to do minimal jobs - office, recreation etc. if you dont like ray than support the other candidate- it really cant get any worse- if you like ray than vote for him DONT STAY HOME COME OUT AND VOTE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER

Guest Guest
Oh my goodness this is exactly why I came on this site today.  I totally agree with  you.  Even if they slam a Halloween Parade (which is bull) HOW DARE this town have a Peruvian parade and not a 4th of July celebration!!!!  HOW DARE THEM!!!!  This is absolutely bull crap!  What a slap in the face to this country.  I also have nothing against any other nationality but come on.    There should not be any festivities for foreign countries before there is one for our Great country.  We already have a Multi cultural Festival what about an American theme festival?

ESPECIALLY with our country at war.... what a disgrace

Guest Guest
Where's Fernandez now? Not commenting on this subject, cause he knows damn well if Millan gets in he'll have a portuguese Day parade, or maybe just a hispanic day all together.

why would he have a portugues day parade when he's not even portugues, and from what I remember, he started the Harrison fest that celebrated all cultures, not just those of hispanic decent.

Guest guest
It's called VOTES he is shitting his pants already. They better have a Halloween Parade for the kids this year, then they wonder why people don't go out of their way to speak english, they get everything handed to them. There were carts and people selling parade stuff on Sunday as well was it a two day event??? We can't even get 1 parade for our kids. Bigshot doesn't show up for the DARE Graduations or the kids graduation's but he can go join a peruvian parade.

If the town's got money for a Peruvian parade after having a Multi-Cultural Fest, and NOTHING for the AMERICAN culture, like a 4th OF JULY PARADE; or a MEMORIAL DAY PARADE, or a HALLOWEEN PARADE, than the Mayor is going to 'lose' a 'lot' of VOTES that he TOOK FOR GRANTED!!!

THERE HAD BETTER BE a Halloween Parade in the works 'before' the NOV ELECTION and not only for 'one'year, but 'every year!!! else there had better be no other parades if there is no money after this Halloween!!!

But we 'long-time' Harrisonians have a HALLOWEEN PARADE owed to us after having a PARUVIAN PARADE!!! Otherwise that is 'reverse' discrimination!

If you WANT our vote; EARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

MAYBE TRUE. WE'LL SEE IF MR FERNANDEZ SPEAKS UP FOR THE 'OLD' TIME HARRISONIANS OR ONLY FOR THE 'NEW' PEOPLE. we'll see if he and mr millan speak up and say 'what is fair is fair" and that the old-time harrisonians deserve a "parade" too??? I was thinking that Mr Millan & Mr Fernandez were out to UNITE the town, and not play FAVORITES and were PATRIOTIC AMERICANS, who would support a Memorial day or 4th of July Parade before adding in another 'new' parade or else not discriminate and support BOTH. Now,I'm afraid to vote for Mr. Millan because he'll disgard the traditions that were around for over 150 yrs and REPLACE them with other traditions such as McDONOUGH IS DOING IN ORDER TO BUY VOTES!!!

Guest guest
YOU IDIOT, VOTES DON'T HAVE TO BE FOR EITHER PARTY..... WRITE INS WILL WIN THE ELECTION.  DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HINCHCLIFE;HINCHCLIFE, HINCHCLIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yessssssssseeeereerrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It can be RESSURRECTED!!!