Hispanic Mayor for Harrison

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

One day Councilman Millan marched into Mayor McDonough's office and demanded that he back at least three more Hispanic persons for the Harrison Town Council. Mayor McDonough told him that he already had his team in place and there was no need for additional Spanish councilmen. This caused a break in the team which eventually led to Millan's ouster.

Now the McDonough administration had guided our town to the point where it is 85% Hispanic. He has finally acquest and backed Victor Vallotta and Jesus for seats on the council.

I think it's time for the town council to look like the people they represent. Harrison should have a Hispanic Mayor and a majority on the council.

Congratulations ! With just that one post Mr. MILAN JUST LOST THE SUPPORT OF ME, MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

I thought that kind of thinking was gone here in Harrison.

Why would ANYONE vote for a candidate just because of his nationality.

I think, given that kind of a choice, I'll take what we already have. Thank you for pointing out to me that this is could be just a contest of races.

Guest Guest
One day Councilman Millan marched into Mayor McDonough's office and demanded that he back at least three more Hispanic persons for the Harrison Town Council.  Mayor McDonough told him that he already had his team in place and there was no need for additional Spanish councilmen.  This caused a break in the team which eventually led to Millan's ouster.

Now the McDonough administration had guided our town to the point where it is 85% Hispanic.  He has finally acquest and backed Victor Vallotta and Jesus for seats on the council.

I think it's time for the town council to look like the people they represent.  Harrison should have a Hispanic Mayor and a majority on the council.

:) Dude you are bugging, bring back the good Harrison. The American Harrison.

Guest 2smart4u
One day Councilman Millan marched into Mayor McDonough's office and demanded that he back at least three more Hispanic persons for the Harrison Town Council.  Mayor McDonough told him that he already had his team in place and there was no need for additional Spanish councilmen.  This caused a break in the team which eventually led to Millan's ouster.

Now the McDonough administration had guided our town to the point where it is 85% Hispanic.  He has finally acquest and backed Victor Vallotta and Jesus for seats on the council.

I think it's time for the town council to look like the people they represent.  Harrison should have a Hispanic Mayor and a majority on the council.

It doesn't matter who you put on the council.

The council is meaningless and impotent. It a bunch of rubber-stamp robots.

Town Councils are empowered to set policy and determine budgets that the administration (the mayor) must live by (except in Harrison).

Guest Crock of $h!t

FIRST TIME I HEARD THAT RUMOR, NICE TRY

Congratulations ! With just that one post Mr. MILAN JUST LOST THE SUPPORT OF ME, MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

I think, given that kind of a choice, I'll take what we already have. Thank you for pointing out to me that this is could be just a contest of races.

If you believe that one, I have a bridge to sell you

The fact is that McDonough took away all Millan worked on and ruined his Identity spreading lies, because he saw Millan doing to much good and believed they would vote him in as Mayor. Just look what has changed in the past 4 years. The sidewalks they took from Millan back in 2002. We waited 4 years for those sidewalks.... A new High School, which left the current kids with NO JFK STADIUM for a whole year. If the land was to contaminated and delayed because of it, then the scholl maybe shouldn't have been built on contaminated land?????

Guest Guest

Vote for the present administration and you will have to vote for a Hispanic. That will be all that is left in Harrison.

Guest Guset

The fact is that McDonough took away all Millan worked on and ruined his Identity spreading lies, because he saw Millan doing to much good and believed they would vote him in as Mayor.  Just look what has changed in the past 4 years.  The sidewalks they took from Millan back in 2002.  We waited 4 years for those sidewalks.... A new High School, which left the current kids with NO JFK STADIUM for a whole year.  If the land was to contaminated and delayed because of it, then the scholl maybe shouldn't have been built on contaminated land?????

GOOD REASON TO LIVE IN HARRISON, "We have some new side walks."

Guest Guest

I think Jesus would be great on the Council. One billion Catholics can't be wrong.

Guest GUEST
Definely no hispanic mayor for me and my family. You are definetly out. Don't even try running.

i AM NOT AGAINST A "MAYOR'OF "HISPANIC" HERITAGE, AS LONG AS HE CONSIDERS 'HIMSELF' AN 'AMERICAN' FIRST LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER POLITICIANS OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES DID IN THE PAST, AND REPRESENTS 'ALL OF THE PEOPLE" EQUALLY, AND DOES NOT KEEP BRINGING UP HIS ANCESTOR'S NATIONALITY, BUT RATHER HIS PRIDE IN HIS BEING

AMERICAN" AND REPRESENTING ''ALL AMERICANS" EQUALLY WITH NO FAVORTISM!!!

Guest GUEST

The fact is that McDonough took away all Millan worked on and ruined his Identity spreading lies, because he saw Millan doing to much good and believed they would vote him in as Mayor.  Just look what has changed in the past 4 years.  The sidewalks they took from Millan back in 2002.  We waited 4 years for those sidewalks.... A new High School, which left the current kids with NO JFK STADIUM for a whole year.  If the land was to contaminated and delayed because of it, then the scholl maybe shouldn't have been built on contaminated land?????

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHETHER THE LAND UNDERNEATH THE 'NEW' HIGH SCHOOL AND STADIUM WAS 'COMPLETELY CLEANED UP OF CONTAMINATIOM OR IS SOME OF IT STILL LEFT, WHERE 25 YRS. FROM NOW, WE COULD HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A LARGE GROUP OF SICK CHILDREN, & STAFF AND HAVE THE EPA TELL US TO DO A VERY 'EXPENSIVE' CLEAN-UP PROJECT?!

Guest Guest

Just because you didn't hear the story dosen't make it a crock. I heard it several times from different people. If you are so much in the know, why don't you ask Millan or Ray if it's true.

Guest Guest
Just because you didn't hear the story dosen't make it a crock.  I heard it several times from different people.  If you are so much in the know, why don't you ask Millan or Ray if it's true.

The majority of residents in Harrison are Hispanic, so its only right that they elect a Hispanic Mayor.

Guest Guest
Just because you didn't hear the story dosen't make it a crock.  I heard it several times from different people.  If you are so much in the know, why don't you ask Millan or Ray if it's true.

Millan would make a great Mayor of Harrison. he would be able to communicate with the residents.

Guest Guest

my, my, my, don't we sound a little bit racest, this is america should'nt we be encouraging our citicizens to speak the language that our constitution and all of our laws of the land are written in, this atitude you display causes most americans to resent immigration into this country, if you want to keep your language and customs don't leave home to come here to create so much contempt from american citiczens against you.