Another ACLU outrage

Guest 2smart4u

Guest Patriot
The cross is not dedicated to our war dead.

The Mt. Soledad Easter Cross was dedicated to "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" in a dedication bulletin by the grandmother of William J. Kellogg, President of the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association on Easter Sunday, 1954.-- [Paulson v. City of San Diego, 262 F.3d 885 (9th Cir. 2001), Documents on file with the US District Court of Southern California]

So now what's your defense, other than the fact that you don't care whether the government becomes an arm of the Christian religion?

The Kool-Aid is warping your brain. The Mt. Soldad Cross is a 29 ft. Latin Cross, dedicated

April 29, 1954 to honor our Korean War Veterans.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kool-Aid is warping your brain. The Mt. Soldad Cross is a 29 ft. Latin Cross, dedicated

You can say that, but the official documents say otherwise. And it doesn't matter. A religious symbol doesn't gain immunity from the law just because a private official donates it and claims it's for another purpose.

Guest Patriot
The plaintiff in the case is Philip Paulson, not the ACLU. Paulson is an actual Vietnam vet. But just keep believing the crap you're fed.

FYI ....... Paulson died Oct 2006 of liver cancer. The ACLU is still fighting the cross.

Guest keith-marshall,mo

Why can't people like you be satisfied the fact that you are allowed to worship freely yet you insist that your belief permeate every fiber of society regardless of those who choose not to participate?

Guest Truth Squad
Why can't people like you be satisfied the fact that you are allowed to worship freely yet you insist that your belief permeate every fiber of society regardless of those who choose not to participate?

Because they know their own beliefs don't make any sense, so they need everyone to tell them they're right. Any other way leaves them feeling confused and abandoned. They're confused anyway, but this way, they don't know it.

Guest 2smart4u

I recognize that you're under the influence of Kool-Aid so I'll cut you some slack there, but I don't see

the correlation between your "right to worship freely" and a Korean War Memorial Cross. Perhaps you

can make a connection for me (keep in mind that I'm sober and may have a difficult time grasping

your Loony Left concepts).

Once again a fine display of your won inability at learning anything FACTUAL, apparently you'd rather continually confirm your own narrow-minded stupidity

The ACLU has tried for years to remove the Soledad Cross from the hillside in San Diego, a cross

dedicated to our war dead. Yeah, the ACLU is a real All-American bunch.

As usual, a post of yours can be characterized by one word...........WRONG

Or, if you'd be flattered by two words.............BULL SH*T

The Kool-Aid is warping your brain.

Do you have the guts to address any of the following? I'm guessing you're too much of a sniveling coward to, but here's your chance to prove me wrong:

Every annual publication of the Thomas Brothers Maps from 1954 to 1989 presented a geographic legal description of the location as the "Mt. Soledad Easter Cross".

There was no placard or marker to be found anywhere on Mt. Soledad Natural Park nor at the site of the Mt. Soledad Easter Cross to indicate that it was a veterans' memorial until after November 11, 1989.

The Mt. Soldad Cross is a 29 ft. Latin Cross, dedicated

Bullshit. The Mt. Soledad Memorial Association claims that the site for the Veterans' Memorial on Mt. Soledad Natural Park was dedicated on Easter holiday to commemorate and memorialize those who died during the Korean War era. If the memorial was dedicated for all veterans then a veterans holiday would have been chosen for the dedication, like Memorial Day, V-E or V-J Day, or Veteran's Day. Yeah, way to make non-Christian veterans feel like second-class citizens in their own country. Idiot.

I recognize that you're under the influence of Kool-Aid so I'll cut you some slack there, but I don't see

the correlation between your "right to worship freely" and a Korean War Memorial Cross. Perhaps you

can make a connection for me (keep in mind that I'm sober and may have a difficult time grasping

Actually, it's the smoking.

Guest BushBacker

Come on now 2smart, you're using logic and common sense. You know the Loony Lefties don't

grasp those concepts. (Don't expect any Loony Lefty to respond to your post, they lose if they try).

Guest a proud american

Actually the cross is 43 Feet And was dedicated to the Veterans of the Korean War after the cross had been in existence. If you read the actual case and court decisions, you would see that the City of San Diego first tried to sell it to only one bidder. The Mt. Soledad Association. They were compelled to open the bidding again since according to the court, it was a sham sale. Even though they were still the winning bid, the issue wasn't whether it was a cross dedicated to the Korean War Veterans, but whether it violated the California Statute barring religious symbols on State land. All of the other markers placed there were done well after the original case was filed. In 05 Justice Kennedy stopped any further court action pending in this matter since the Congress was in the process of acquiring the land from the City and it will ultimately end up in the Supreme Court. Whether or not Paulson is deceased has no bearing on the case. Go to ask.com and type in Paulson v City of San Diego. It has all the information you need to understand the case including the decisions.

Guest Melanie

I suggest you read the Supreme Court cases on the subject - with an open mind if you can manage that. It has to do with the government using its power to promote the symbols of one religion.

Guest 2smart4u
Do you have the guts to address any of the following? I'm guessing you're too much of a sniveling coward to, but here's your chance to prove me wrong:

Every annual publication of the Thomas Brothers Maps from 1954 to 1989 presented a geographic legal description of the location as the "Mt. Soledad Easter Cross".

There was no placard or marker to be found anywhere on Mt. Soledad Natural Park nor at the site of the Mt. Soledad Easter Cross to indicate that it was a veterans' memorial until after November 11, 1989.

Bullshit. The Mt. Soledad Memorial Association claims that the site for the Veterans' Memorial on Mt. Soledad Natural Park was dedicated on Easter holiday to commemorate and memorialize those who died during the Korean War era. If the memorial was dedicated for all veterans then a veterans holiday would have been chosen for the dedication, like Memorial Day, V-E or V-J Day, or Veteran's Day. Yeah, way to make non-Christian veterans feel like second-class citizens in their own country. Idiot.

Wrong again, dick breath. But you don't have to fret any more, our great patriotic president has

signed a law designating Mt. Soledad as federal property. The ACLU and the Loony Left atheists lose

again.

Guest Patriot
Actually the cross is 43 Feet And was dedicated to the Veterans of the Korean War after the cross had been in existence. If you read the actual case and court decisions, you would see that the City of San Diego first tried to sell it to only one bidder. The Mt. Soledad Association. They were compelled to open the bidding again since according to the court, it was a sham sale. Even though they were still the winning bid, the issue wasn't whether it was a cross dedicated to the Korean War Veterans, but whether it violated the California Statute barring religious symbols on State land. All of the other markers placed there were done well after the original case was filed. In 05 Justice Kennedy stopped any further court action pending in this matter since the Congress was in the process of acquiring the land from the City and it will ultimately end up in the Supreme Court. Whether or not Paulson is deceased has no bearing on the case. Go to ask.com and type in Paulson v City of San Diego. It has all the information you need to understand the case including the decisions.

All your BS is irrelevant. Bush signed into law naming the monument as federal property.

Chalk up a win for the good guys, another loss for the ACLU and the Loony Left atheists.

Wrong again, dick breath. But you don't have to fret any more, our great patriotic president has

signed a law designating Mt. Soledad as federal property. The ACLU and the Loony Left atheists lose

again.

Hmm. Sounds like you have experience with d**k breath. It's ok if your *** and it also explains why your *** is *** enough to get your head into.

again.

It must take a lot of energy to be so full of hate.

All your BS is irrelevant. Bush signed into law naming the monument as federal property.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a religious structure on public land. It's still unconstitutional, even if it's federal property, idiot.

Come on now 2smart, you're using logic and common sense. You know the Loony Lefties don't

grasp those concepts. (Don't expect any Loony Lefty to respond to your post, they lose if they try).

Talking to yourself again? It's too bad you have to invent people to agree with you. Pathetic, really.

Guest *Autonomous*
FYI ....... Paulson died Oct 2006 of liver cancer. The ACLU is still fighting the cross.

There are other plaintiffs. Steve Trunk has filed as well as Jewish War Veterans of the United States.

Guest *Autonomous*

Chalk up a win for the good guys, another loss for the ACLU and the Loony Left atheists.

That simply tranfers the case to the Federal courts. The case still isn't won.

Not all secularists are atheists, btw. As far as a loss for the atheists, how's it going on reinstating school prayer and teaching Creationism? Not so well, eh? As long as we keep winning the important battles, you can keep your little idols for all I care.

Guest *Autonomous*

again.

Sounds like you got your panties in a bind, little girl.

One again you're out of touch with reality. If what you say is tru, and THAT's always in doubt, it's just another example of a sorry excuse for a leader with no repect for the Constitution.

If he did sign off as you say I hope the ACLU sues his sorry A**

Guest 2smart4u
It must take a lot of energy to be so full of hate.

More Loony Left logic; It's not hatred to try to remove a cross dedicated to our Korean War veterans

(that's been in place for 54 years), but it's hateful to be happy that it won't be removed.

More Loony Left logic; It's not hatred to try to remove a cross dedicated to our Korean War veterans

The Mt. Soledad Easter Cross was dedicated to "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" in a dedication bulletin by the grandmother of William J. Kellogg, President of the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association on Easter Sunday, 1954.-- [Paulson v. City of San Diego, 262 F.3d 885 (9th Cir. 2001), Documents on file with the US District Court of Southern California]