New Source for News

Guest James C.

Guest James C.

I have started a blog dedicated to stories which Kearny residents should find interesting. This weeks story is about General Steven Watts Kearny, General Phillip Kearny's Uncle. Past topics have included stories on the Keegan Landfill, an eyewitness account of the World Trade Center Attack (I was on the 72nd Floor of the North Tower when the first plane hit), and a piece on drug use among Kearny residents and the failure of Town Officials to acknowledge that there is a problem. If this sounds interesting to you, you may visit Kearny Alternative News at www.kearnynews.blogspot.com and I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Sincerely,

James C.

Guest Guest
I have started a blog dedicated to stories which Kearny residents should find interesting.  This weeks story is about General Steven Watts Kearny, General Phillip Kearny's Uncle.  Past topics have included stories on the Keegan Landfill, an eyewitness account of the World Trade Center Attack (I was on the 72nd Floor of the North Tower when the first plane hit), and a piece on drug use among Kearny residents and the failure of Town Officials to acknowledge that there is a problem.  If this sounds interesting to you, you may visit Kearny Alternative News at  www.kearnynews.blogspot.com  and I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Sincerely,

James C.

Some interesting stuff there James, especially the illegal alien piece and of course the Trade Center story................very sad..........

When I have time I will comment on the illegal alien story.

Keep up the good writing, I've bookmarked the page

Guest guest

My father was a runner on Wall Street at the time of the bombing in 1920. He was in the middle of the intersection of Broad and Wall which is why, authorities told him, that he survived. It is not an intersection of all right angles, so the percussion did not hit him full force. While he was knocked unconscious, he was not killed as many around him were. When he came to, he ran up to Broadway where he related the little he knew about what had happeded.

When I was a little child, I remember my father driving me down Wall Street to point out the pock marks on the building and telling me the story. I've always remembered the story and was always taken with the fact that it was actually written about in my history books in school.

Guest Guest_James_*

Thanks for the positive feedback. The story on stopping illegal immigration was very interesting to research. Since that story I have heard of other communitys taking matters into their own hands. In fact, last night (7/12/06) I heard on the news that Colorado has passed some of the most stringent anti-illegal alien legislation to date. Any resident who receives any type of governmental assitance must prove citizenship or legal residency. This includes welfare, unemployment, food stamps, education and even medical services. Meanwhile, some blockhead mayor in Conneticut declared his city a "safe haven" for illegal aliens. Talk about dereliction of duty. I think he should be tried for treason.

James