MANGIN IN NOV!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Despite published reports, Mangin will be on November ballot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He says Eckel, Santos use typical Hudson County tricks to try to have him booted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Kevin Canessa Jr.

The Observer

KEARNY – Despite published reports to the contrary, former Kearny Councilman James Mangin’s name will appear on the November ballot as a candidate for a Third-Ward town council seat.

Mangin said he was able to prove to Hudson County Clerk Javier Inclan that a challenge to his petition filed by Third-Ward Councilwoman Eileen Eckel was, in fact, invalid.

Initially, Mangin was tossed from the November ballot after Eckel wrote the clerk on June 9, asking for Mangin to be removed from the ballot, for having three invalid signatures and one apparent forged signature.

Had all those signatures been deemed invalid, it would have left him one short of the necessary 50 signatures to get on the ballot. But one of the signatures that was challenged was that of a person who Mangin assisted in getting registered to vote.

Mangin says Inclan had no record of the new voter, but after calling the Hudson County Board of Elections, the person’s registration form was found and was validated.

A June 13 letter from Inclan reinstated Mangin’s petition.

Mangin says this entire process was “Hudson County politics at its best,” and he was extremely critical of Mayor Alberto Santos’ role in attempting to get him off the ballot.

“Al Santos is a player in Hudson County now, and it was disappointing that the clerk just said, ‘OK, you’re off the ballot,’ ” Mangin said. “At one point, the mayor and I were on even terms, so I know how he operates. And this smacks of Al Santos. It’s (also) interesting how quickly she’s (Eckel) gotten on board with the Hudson County political way.”

Eckel, meanwhile, dismissed Mangin’s charges, saying she and Santos check every ballot of opponents to ensure they’re properly filed.

“Absolutely not. This is a process we follow all the time,” Eckel said. “There are things that must be followed, and we do this all the time. In fact, I think I’d be foolish not to (check the petitions). When we looked at Mr. Mangin’s petition, there were four signatures questioned. We thought we had found a real problem, but as it turns out, one of the signatures in question wasn’t on our roster of eligible voters because it was a new registration.”

Eckel says she is looking forward to a fair and exciting race against Mangin. This is the second time the two have been pitted against each other in a Democratic Primary. In 2004, Eckel narrowly defeated Mangin, by less than 40 votes.

Inclan, meanwhile. who is away at a conference, could not be reached for comment.

Guest Guest

He says Eckel, Santos use typical Hudson County tricks to try to have him booted

By Kevin Canessa Jr.

The Observer

KEARNY – Despite published reports to the contrary, former Kearny Councilman James Mangin’s name will appear on the November ballot as a candidate for a Third-Ward town council seat.

Mangin said he was able to prove to Hudson County Clerk Javier Inclan that a challenge to his petition filed by Third-Ward Councilwoman Eileen Eckel was, in fact, invalid.

Initially, Mangin was tossed from the November ballot after Eckel wrote the clerk on June 9, asking for Mangin to be removed from the ballot, for having three invalid signatures and one apparent forged signature.

Had all those signatures been deemed invalid, it would have left him one short of the necessary 50 signatures to get on the ballot. But one of the signatures that was challenged was that of a person who Mangin assisted in getting registered to vote.

Mangin says Inclan had no record of the new voter, but after calling the Hudson County Board of Elections, the person’s registration form was found and was validated.

Mangin says this entire process was “Hudson County politics at its best,” and he was extremely critical of Mayor Alberto Santos’ role in attempting to get him off the ballot.

“Al Santos is a player in Hudson County now, and it was disappointing that the clerk just said, ‘OK, you’re off the ballot,’ ” Mangin said. “At one point, the mayor and I were on even terms, so I know how he operates. And this smacks of Al Santos. It’s (also) interesting how quickly she’s (Eckel) gotten on board with the Hudson County political way.”

Eckel, meanwhile, dismissed Mangin’s charges, saying she and Santos check every ballot of opponents to ensure they’re properly filed.

“Absolutely not. This is a process we follow all the time,” Eckel said. “There are things that must be followed, and we do this all the time. In fact, I think I’d be foolish not to (check the petitions). When we looked at Mr. Mangin’s petition, there were four signatures questioned. We thought we had found a real problem, but as it turns out, one of the signatures in question wasn’t on our roster of eligible voters because it was a new registration.”

Eckel says she is looking forward to a fair and exciting race against Mangin. This is the second time the two have been pitted against each other in a Democratic Primary. In 2004, Eckel narrowly defeated Mangin, by less than 40 votes.

Inclan, meanwhile. who is away at a conference, could not be reached for comment.

I really hope that Magin wins this time so that the Town will have someone on the council asking questions about the Mayors voodoo plans to balance the budget. But the taxes never go down, do they? It's time to wake up! This mayor is going to destroy the town. But keep in mind he gets to ride around in a car that's paid for by you the tax payer and don't for get the gas is paid for as well. He could care less, now he is a county guy on his way up.

Guest guest this
I really hope that Magin wins this time so that the Town will have someone on the council asking questions about the Mayors voodoo plans to balance the budget. But the taxes never go down, do they? It's time to wake up! This mayor is going to destroy the town. But keep in mind he gets to ride around in a car that's paid for by you the tax payer and don't for get the gas is paid for as well. He could care less, now he is a county guy on his way up.

I truly hope he gets in. He is the only one we have that will question Santos and his nodding puppets.

Guest Guest

"a county guy on his way up." Now that's funny! More like the county's trained monkey who is forced to sing and dance on command.

Guest Guest
I think it's great that Jim has found time to come down off of his cross and save Kearny.

MANGINS BEEN SAYING THE TOWNS A FINANCIAL MESS FOR YEARS NOW. HES RIGHT!!! SANTOS SAID THERE WAS A $6 MILLION DOLLAR DEFCIT A FEW YEARS AGO BUT ITS OK NOW. MANGIN WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO SAID ITS NOT OK AND YOU KNOW WHAT? ITS NOT OK. WE SHOULD ALL LISTEN TO HIM. HE KNOWS WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT. SANTOS IS KILLING US WITH TAXES!!!

Guest guest this
I think it's great that Jim has found time to come down off of his cross and save Kearny.

Well someone has to save us from Santos screwing things up. Mangin has the knowledge to turn this around. Do you pay taxes? I do and my vote is for Mangin. We need him to question Santos. Because Santos puppets just nod. Vote for Mangin so we the taxpayers can get answers.............

Guest Guest
I agree the mayor is a real county guy. Sing maybe, dance he'll sell tickets to it

Yeah Al, remember when you wanted no part of the county, their money or anything else. I am glad you finally learned to like Sacco!

Guest Guest
Well someone has to save us from Santos screwing things up. Mangin has the knowledge to turn this around. Do you pay taxes? I do and my vote is for Mangin. We need him to question Santos. Because Santos puppets just nod. Vote for Mangin so we the taxpayers can get answers.............

If Santos is such a disaster why do the people of Kearny continue to vote for him and his puppets?

Guest guest this
If Santos is such a disaster why do the people of Kearny continue to vote for him and his puppets?

Because people did not realize until now how he bullshi*ts and he promises. As for the puppets did they ever question Santos about anything? Mangin finally has Santos number . Its great to see how mad Santos and puppets become when someone questions them.Enjoy your tax increase.

Guest Guest
Because people did not realize until now how he bullshi*ts and he promises. As for the puppets did they ever question Santos about anything?  Mangin finally has Santos number . Its great to see how mad Santos and puppets become when someone questions them.Enjoy your tax increase.

Don't forget D'Arco and the money he get's paid for doing the Mayor's dirty work!Don't forget all the perks D'Arco gets as well. If they got rid of him they could lower the tax rate. This Mayor is greedy and selfish he only thinks of himself and power. It's time to pull the plug. You the towns people are being used to promote Al's future and that's not fair. Remember how he said Magin was in with the county dems? Look who's in with them now. Plus he get's a car and free gas. How would you like that deal for your self. Go to the council meetings and question the Mayor and council about the Wall mart deal and taxes see what happens.

Guest Guest

The man has NONTHING AT ALL to offer!! He is a shallow, pea bran who can't think for himself! Go home JImmy Boy, fun with John in Shop-Rite, and say "Bye-Bye!!" YOU ARE A LOOOOOOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man has NONTHING AT ALL to offer!! He is a shallow, pea bran who can't think for himself! Go home JImmy Boy, fun with John in Shop-Rite, and say "Bye-Bye!!" YOU ARE A LOOOOOOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"NONTHING" to offer?

You must be new to this board.

". . . can't think for himself"

You must've never gone to a Town Council meeting.

Sorry, I just refuse to sit back and watch what this Town is turning into.

Jim Mangin

By Kevin Canessa Jr.

The Observer

I really have a problem with the way Eileen Eckel and Mayor Santos try to justify their actions on this one. I don't blame them for checking my nominating petition. But before you go to such drastic steps as filing a challenge, and accusing a constituent of forgery, shouldn't you at least check to make sure you're right first?

Why wouldn't you make that phone call to the Supt. of Elections to see if those people were registered or not? Is it arrogance? Intimidation?

Personally, I just think it's sad. I'd rather talk about the issues.

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest
I really have a problem with the way Eileen Eckel and Mayor Santos try to justify their actions on this one. I don't blame them for checking my nominating petition. But before you go to such drastic steps as filing a challenge, and accusing a constituent of forgery, shouldn't you at least check to make sure you're right first?

Why wouldn't you make that phone call to the Supt. of Elections to see if those people were registered or not? Is it arrogance? Intimidation?

Jim Mangin

you got my vote. where can I send a contribution?

Guest second ward

Jim Mangin

I wish I could vote for you. Its arrogance and Intimidation. First Santos wants residents to keep quite no questions. He wants us in the dark. Not one council member questioned SANTOS.Eckel kept her mouth shut . She fit right in with the puppets. Kearny NEEDS YOU Jim you let the residents see the light. While Santos keeps us in the dark.You have the intelligence and the hutzpah to get the questions answered.