The Cowboy Strikes Again

Guest Shocked

Guest Patriot
So, you believe that the 9/11 attacks were planned in less than 7 months??  I don't blame Clinton or Bush for 9/11, but I do blame the intelligence community.  I also blame bureaucratic pinheads who think the FBI and CIA shouldn't SHARE information, Jamie Gorelick.  But, rather than have her answer questions about this bizarre stance while with the Justice Dept. other people decided she should be ON the 9/11 commission.  That is criminal.

I will accept pigheaded, but never illogical WANKER.

How could you NOT blame Clinton for 9/11 ?? The FBI and CIA weren't sharing information because CLINTON ordered them not to. Jamie Gorelick was only following the orders of Clinton.

No one knows exactly how long 9/11 was in the planning stages, but with our intelligence agencies not talking to one another, the terrorists were able to pull it off beautifully. When Bush took over, it was already to late. This culture of secrecy in the FBI and CIA was entrenched and was not going to be changed overnight.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Clinton was getting BJ's while Bin Laden plotted.

Guest Guest
And, the US military goes to far too great lengths to avoid collateral damage.  If we fought the war the way the terrorists did, and we don't, this would be over already, and the boys and girls would already be on their way home.

And your basis for this statement is? I have yet to see any information released om 'collateral damage'.

Guest Guest
How could you NOT blame Clinton for 9/11 ??  The FBI and CIA weren't sharing information because CLINTON ordered them not to.  Jamie Gorelick was only following the orders of Clinton.

Document yhat ststement. And............WHO was in office on 9/11? WHY wasn't information being shared then?

Guest a proud american
This is a brain on drugs.

As is usually the case, patriot, like so many of his delusional ilk has confused 9/11 and blamed Jamie S. Gorelick.

Ms. Gorelick was with the Justice Department as an Under Secretary. I assume patriot is referring to tattempt to explain it.he Gorelick memo. So with the hope of perhaps explaining to him here goes it.

First you have to distinguish between the role of the CIA and the Justice Department. The CIA is tasked with operating outside the boudries of the United States. The Justice Department is tasked with the responsability of investigating and enforcing the laws of the United States. Some refer to this as the "Wall". It had been in place as far back as the 1970's. It never has been the practice of the two Agencies to share information since one is foreign and the other domestic.

The issue of Ms. Gorelick came about because of a Pentagon Operations Group called Able Danger. It was a 4 man intelligence gathering group who believed that they had identified at-least 1 of the hi jackers who was referred to as Atta a year prior to 9/11. Through no fault of Ms. Gorelick, the Able Danger group did not get to testify in front of the 9/11 commision until after they had met in part because the Commision had never heard of them before. However to make a long story short, they could produce no factual evidence and after trying to reconstruct their records found that there were atleast two separate Atta's belonging to two separate groups. Apparently, the names of some of the hi jackers were common names used in the muslim world much like Smith or Jones is used here. And, in fact, the CIA told the Pentagon to basically stuff it. They weren't sharing any info with them so the DOD destroyed what litle info they had on the operation.

However, the Neo Cons continued to play to their base and insisted that they could prove Atta was indeed the able danger person mentioned. Except the persons themselves couldn't say with any certainty and they were the Able Danger Group.

Now as far as Ms. Gorelick, she wrote a "draft memo" to the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Mr. White in reference to when it would be appropriate to seek a warrant through the FISA Court with regards to probable cause. The memo was one of at-least a dozen memos that were circulated throughout the Justice Department by other layers in the Justice Department setting up proper guidelines for the request. Once all signed off on the policy it was then sent to the Attorney General for her comments and approval. Sadly, the neo cons always have to have a villian and she's it. If you look at the web sites or news programs where she is villified you see the Heritage Foundation and Fox News or better known as the news division of the national Republican Party.

However, if a person is computer savvy they can go to www.thomas.gov and find out all kinds of information including the information posted here.

Guest Guest
Joe McCarthy ??  Is that the best you can do ??

No, after reading YOUR LIES about books and best seller listes in another thread I know it's about the best YOU can do. You throw out a bunch of lies with no factual basis and know there will always be people too lazy to get up off their ass to check the facts themselves. The Joe McCarthy method of gaining power.

BTW: At least twice in various threads WANKERS have credited Reagan from bringing us back from the BRINK of war. When asked for specifics y'all have been notably silent so I'll ask again, WHAT BRINK? Or just more Tailgunner Joe rhetoric?

Guest BushBacker
No, after reading YOUR LIES about books and best seller listes in another thread I know it's about the best YOU can do.  You throw out a bunch of lies with no factual basis and know there will always be people too lazy to get up off their ass to check the facts themselves.  The Joe McCarthy method of gaining power.

BTW:  At least twice in various threads WANKERS have credited Reagan from bringing us back from the BRINK of war.  When asked for specifics y'all have been notably silent so I'll ask again, WHAT BRINK?  Or just more Tailgunner Joe rhetoric?

There's lots of good books on the subject, pick one up.

Guest Guest
There's lots of good books on the subject, pick one up.

Sine you say there's lots of good books out there I assume you've read some? So why don't YOU answer the simple question? Do YOU have an answer? WHEN and with WHO were we on the BRINK of war during the Reagan administration?

I think it's SOP for you, blah, blah, blah, when asked a SIMPLE question you choke up. You're about due for one of your asinine Kool-Aid remarks because as usual you have no sensible answer. No wonder you like the cowboy, birds of a feather.............................

Guest BushBacker
Sine you say there's lots of good books out there I assume you've read some?  So why don't YOU answer the simple question?  Do YOU have an answer?  WHEN and with WHO were we on the BRINK of war during the Reagan administration?

I think it's SOP for you, blah, blah, blah, when asked a SIMPLE question you choke up.  You're about due for one of your asinine Kool-Aid remarks because as usual you have no sensible answer.  No wonder you like the cowboy, birds of a feather.............................

OK, I'll answer your question. The year was 1978 and it was with the Island of Tonga in the South Pacific. The Tongans were poised to launch thousands of coconuts in giant slingshots at the US. Reagan got them to stand down by offering them a million gallons of Kool-aid confiscated from the democratic party. To this day, the Tongans have never recovered from all that Kool-aid. They run around the island muttering "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Guest Guest
OK, I'll answer your question. The year was 1978 and it was with the Island of Tonga in the South Pacific. The Tongans were poised to launch thousands of coconuts in giant slingshots at the US.  Reagan got them to stand down by offering them a million gallons of Kool-aid confiscated from the democratic party. To this day, the Tongans have never recovered from all that Kool-aid. They run around the island muttering "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Once again you lie, they really run around with what they learned from Reagan saying "I don't remember".

Guest Guest
OK, I'll answer your question. The year was 1978 and it was with the Island of Tonga in the South Pacific. The Tongans were poised to launch thousands of coconuts in giant slingshots at the US.  Reagan got them to stand down by offering them a million gallons of Kool-aid confiscated from the democratic party. To this day, the Tongans have never recovered from all that Kool-aid. They run around the island muttering "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

It might be a good thing if whe asked abot Reagan's accomplishments(?) you considered when he was in office.

Guest a prooud american
The above was written by a man who has NO reasonably intelligebt answers so resorts to stupidity.

I don't know if you were responding to my last post or what. But just in case before you criticize someone you should learn to spell. And also, I do not respond to these messages unless I can give a verifiable response, unlike some who listen to their favorite conservative commentators and take for fact what they are told. There are many web sites out there that you can go on and research for yourself.

Sadly, the ones who criticize never seem to back up their comments with facts. Real facts, not imaginary ones. Real Ones. I only hope that you are not one of them.

Guest Guest
I don't know if you were responding to my last post or what. But just in case before you criticize someone you should learn to spell. 

Not at all, you have written some very sensible posts, it was a response to the sef-proclaimed Patriot who had written "This is a brain on drugs. " because he had nothing reasonable to say.

I think I need to learn how to type more than I need to learn how to spell.

Guest Patriot
I don't know if you were responding to my last post or what. But just in case before you criticize someone you should learn to spell. And also, I do not respond to these messages unless I can give a verifiable response, unlike some who listen to their favorite conservative commentators and take for fact what they are told. There are many web sites out there that you can go on and research for yourself.

Sadly, the ones who criticize never seem to back up their comments with facts. Real facts, not imaginary ones. Real Ones. I only hope that you are not one of them.

I don't think I've ever seen a "prooud" american. What do you look like ??

Guest Guest

I've never seen a TRUE patriot who finds it necessary to lablel him/her self.

Usually the ones who label themselves do it as a way of justifying their questionable actions to themselves.

Guest Guest
Not at all, you have written some very sensible posts, it was a response to the sef-proclaimed  Patriot who had written "This is a brain on drugs. " because he had nothing reasonable to say.

I think I need to learn how to type more than I need to learn how to spell.

Please accept my apology. It seems like I am beginning to act like some on here who read, but don't understand. And don't wory about the spelling.

Guest a proud american

I look like a lot of americans. I work to support my family, I pay my taxes am a little over weight and when necessary prays that one day there will be peace in the world. I like to watch football, still get tears in my eyes when the star spangled banner is played and enjoy the freedoms that I fought for. Although I get angry when I read posts from people who have no clue as to their content or comments, I understand that in a free society they have a right to their beliefs even though I don't share them but will fight to defend them. I am proud of my military service but not proud of the way our leaders have lied to take us to war. I vote both Democratic and Republican because I believe no one party has all the answers. I get sick and visit my doctor and give thanks that I have health insurance. And above all else I am thick skinned enough to be able to take criticism from many on this post who don't share my opinion and question my patriotism. I think I look alot like many of you out there. At-least the ones who truly are proud americans.

Guest Patriot
I look like a lot of americans. I work to support my family, I pay my taxes am a little over weight and when necessary prays that one day there will be peace in the world. I like to watch football, still get tears in my eyes when the star spangled banner is played and enjoy the freedoms that I fought for. Although I get angry when I read posts from people who have no clue as to their content or comments, I understand that in a free society they have a right to their beliefs even though I don't share them but will fight to defend them. I am proud of my military service but not proud of the way our leaders have lied to take us to war. I vote both Democratic and Republican because I believe no one party has all the answers. I get sick and visit my doctor and give thanks that I have health insurance. And above all else I am thick skinned enough to be able to take criticism from many on this post who don't share my opinion and question my patriotism. I think I look alot like many of you out there. At-least the ones who truly are proud americans.

"not proud of the way our leaders have lied to take us to war" ?? That sounds more like a radical left Kool-aid drinker than a proud american.