The Cowboy Strikes Again

Guest Shocked

Guest Retired SMSGT
No, there's a man with an open mnd who's willing to look at more than one side of an issue rather than sitting on his ass and being content to believe whatever tripe he is fed as being gospel and thinking labeling himself patriot makes him one.

No, I'd agree a liberal and a disabled army veteran is an oxymoron. In my 27 years in the Army, i've never come accross a liberal in uniform. My guess is this "disabled Veteran" is a fraud.

Guest Guest
No, I'd agree a liberal and a disabled army veteran is an oxymoron. In my 27 years in the Army, i've never come accross a liberal in uniform. My guess is this "disabled Veteran" is a fraud.

My guess is you've spent 27 years with blinders on and see only what you want to see.

Guest Guest

I've known plenty of military vets, even a few combat wounded, who are liberal. They just don't hang around the American Legion and VFW bar telling phony war stroies. So I guess you never met them.

I've known plenty of military vets, even a few combat wounded, who are liberal. They just don't hang around the American Legion and VFW bar telling phony war stroies. So I guess you never met them.

Aren't WE quick to pass judgements on vets who disagree with our point of view???

The village called, they want their idiot back.

Guest a proud american

Are you sure you were in the Army or the Air Force. I have served with Master Sergeants First Sergeants and Command Sergeant Majors and their rank was

E-8 Master Sergeant, E-8 First Sergeant and E-9 Sergeant Major or Command Sergeant Major. The Air Force calls theirs Senior Master Sergeant.

When I was in the Military I was an extremely conservative NCO and although my politics have changed over the years, I am proud of my service and am proud of all who serve. And I did spend many a night at the VFW and sometimes at the Legion in Kearny and even served as an Officer many years ago. Vinnie Mason, Pete Carson and J. Norman Matthews were some of the patrons and Pete was All State Commander.

As you know, one who has been to war should never consider sending others unless they absolutely have to. And trust me I'm no fraud. I volunteered for the Army at a time when it wasn't too popular and, but for the fact that we went into Cambodia I would have been assigned to Germany. My orders were changed and I ended up in Southeast Asia. I didn't complain, I gladly went because I believed what I was being told.

Now lets look at the facts. We were told by the President that we would get the ones who attacked the World Trade Center. Instead he attacked Iraq without enough troops, poor body armor and no up-armor humvees. We would be greeted as liberators and how many have died? The oil would pay for the war and no weapons of mass destruction. Meanwhile we sent 10,000 troops to Afghanistan and when we had Osama trapped they farmed out the job to someone else. So far he's done a great job of making Halliburton and Chaney rich.

Guest Patriot
Are you sure you were in the Army or the Air Force. I have served with Master Sergeants First Sergeants and Command Sergeant Majors and their rank was

E-8 Master Sergeant, E-8 First Sergeant and E-9 Sergeant Major or Command Sergeant Major. The Air Force calls theirs Senior Master Sergeant.

When I was in the Military I was an extremely conservative NCO and although my politics have changed over the years, I am proud of my service and am proud of all who serve. And I did spend many a night at the VFW and sometimes at the Legion in Kearny and even served as an Officer many years ago. Vinnie Mason, Pete Carson and J. Norman Matthews were some of the patrons and Pete was All State Commander.

As you know, one who has been to war should never consider sending others unless they absolutely have to. And trust me I'm no fraud. I volunteered for the Army at a time when it wasn't too popular and, but for the fact that we went into Cambodia I would have been assigned to Germany. My orders were changed and I ended up in Southeast Asia. I didn't complain, I gladly went because I believed what I was being told.

Now lets look at the facts. We were told by the President that we would get the ones who attacked the World Trade Center. Instead he attacked Iraq without enough troops, poor body armor and no up-armor humvees. We would be greeted as liberators and how many have died? The oil would pay for the war and no weapons of mass destruction. Meanwhile we sent 10,000 troops to Afghanistan and when we had Osama trapped they farmed out the job to someone else.  So far he's done a great job of making Halliburton and Chaney rich.

Yes, lets look at the facts. We didn't have enough troops, better body armor or humvees because CLINTON cut the military budget every year he was president. It takes years to recover from that. If Reagan had been president instead of Clinton, we may not even be in Iraq. He would have grabbed Bin Laden when the Sudanese offered him up and history would have been much different. If you are an army veteran, you should have known all this, unless you're on the Kool-aid too.

Guest Radagast
Yes, lets look at the facts. We didn't have enough troops, better body armor or humvees because CLINTON cut the military budget every year he was president. It takes years to recover from that. If Reagan had been president instead of Clinton, we may not even be in Iraq. He would have grabbed Bin Laden when the Sudanese offered him up and history would have been much different.  If you are an army veteran, you should have known all this, unless you're on the Kool-aid too.

>>Yes, lets look at the facts. We didn't have enough troops, better body armor or humvees because CLINTON cut the military budget every year he was president. It takes years to recover from that.<<

That is such utter Fing BS ... BushCo had enough money in the budget to let Chalabi & Halaburton rob us to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars but not enough for body armor??? Try to sell that BS to the grunt on the ground in Iraq ... you are truly delusional.

Guest Guest
Aren't WE quick to pass judgements on vets who disagree with our point of view???

He's in the White House go get him!

Its OK for people you agree with to pass judgement though, isn't it? Oh, I get it, If YOU agree than their judgement is right.

I do know many vets who think Bush is a Yellow Elephant. Swaggers and talks a good story but has screwed up on Iraq big time.

Guest Guest

I'll be happy to contribute the first $1.00 to send the idiot back to Texas as long as he takes his Dick with him.

Guest Guest
Yes, lets look at the facts. We didn't have enough troops, better body armor or humvees because CLINTON cut the military budget every year he was president. It takes years to recover from that. If Reagan had been president instead of Clinton, we may not even be in Iraq. He would have grabbed Bin Laden when the Sudanese offered him up and history would have been much different.  If you are an army veteran, you should have known all this, unless you're on the Kool-aid too.

If Reagan had been president Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan would have been our best arms customers. YOU should be arrested for impersonating a patriot.

Guest BushBacker
If Reagan had been president Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan would have been our best arms customers.  YOU should be arrested for impersonating a patriot.

This is what I love most about Kool-aid drinkers. It seems the Kool-aid gives them the ability to foresee what would have been, under conditions that never occured. Amazing stuff, that Kool-aid.

Guest aproud american

It always amazes me how people tend to re-write history. While Reagan was President, Iran and Iraq were at war. We supported Iraq and sold them or gave them weapons to use against the Iranians. When Russia invaded Afghanistan, we gave to the Mujahadeen weapons to fight the Russians. The leader of this group was Osama Bin-Laden. So the two enemies of the United States were supported by us turned around and became our enemies. Thats not Clinton's fault.

Also if you remember there was the little matter of selling arms to the iranians and funneling the money through a third party to give to the Nicaraguan freedom fighters. If it hadn't been for the immunity granted by the Congress to North and some of the others they would have in all probability been charged with treason.

Involved up to his ears was the first Bush. Reagan couldn't remember anything and was probably in the early stages of Alzheimers. But he took responsability for it. That wasn't Clinton's fault

Then we have Bush 1. After the first gulf war he did what almost every President has done after a war. He decided to cut the Military since we no longer needed a large force. He also decided to cut the Pentagon Budget. Clinton simply followed what had been a practice started back after WW1. Then Bush 2 comes along and decides that after 9-11 Iraq was more of a threat that Osama. In fact, as he recently said he doesn't think that much about Bin Laden. In reality he doesn't think much about anything and thats his problem. As far as the equipment, the reality is they didn't think we were going to be there very long and didn't see the need for insuring we had what was needed. Remember old Rummy saying you go to war with the Army you have. Instead of worrying about us kool aid drinkers you should put down yout beer and bayonet's and read something other than Soldier of Fortune magazine. And if your in doubt of anything I've said look it up.

Then we have Bush 1. After the first gulf war he did what almost every President has done after a war. He decided to cut the Military since we no longer needed a large force. He also decided to cut the Pentagon Budget. Clinton simply followed what had been a practice started back after WW1. Then Bush 2 comes along and decides that after 9-11 Iraq was more of a threat that Osama. In fact, as he recently said he doesn't think that much about Bin Laden. In reality he doesn't think much about anything and thats his problem. As far as the equipment, the reality is they didn't think we were going to be there very long and didn't see the need for insuring we had what was needed.

Because Clinton only followed what others had done, doesn't make it the right thing. Curious that you chose to ignore that in Somalia, our troops were killed because Clinton didn't "see the need for insuring we had what was needed." (Air support). That "defeat" emboldened bin Laden, made us look every bit like the paper tiger that bin Laden sees us as. We won't get into the audio tape where the Sudanese offered up bin Laden, and Clinton denied based on ". . . .no legal basis to hold him on." Apparently, though he was implicated in the first WTC bombing in '93, this was overlooked. I do remember him saying that he would find those responsible, perhaps he joined OJ in the hunt for Nicole Brown's "real killer."

Guest Patriot
It always amazes me how people tend to re-write history. While Reagan was President, Iran and Iraq were at war. We supported Iraq and sold them or gave them weapons to use against the Iranians. When Russia invaded Afghanistan, we gave to the Mujahadeen weapons to fight the Russians. The leader of this group was Osama Bin-Laden. So the two enemies of the United States were supported by us turned around and became our enemies. Thats not Clinton's fault.

Also if you remember there was the little matter of selling arms to the iranians and funneling the money through a third party to give to the Nicaraguan freedom fighters. If it hadn't been for the immunity granted by the Congress to North and some of the others they would have in all probability been charged with treason.

Involved up to his ears was the first Bush. Reagan couldn't remember anything and was probably in the early stages of Alzheimers. But he took responsability for it. That wasn't Clinton's fault

Then we have Bush 1. After the first gulf war he did what almost every President has done after a war. He decided to cut the Military since we no longer needed a large force. He also decided to cut the Pentagon Budget. Clinton simply followed what had been a practice started back after WW1. Then Bush 2 comes along and decides that after 9-11 Iraq was more of a threat that Osama. In fact, as he recently said he doesn't think that much about Bin Laden. In reality he doesn't think much about anything and thats his problem. As far as the equipment, the reality is they didn't think we were going to be there very long and didn't see the need for insuring we had what was needed. Remember old Rummy saying you go to war with the Army you have. Instead of worrying about us kool aid drinkers you should put down yout beer and bayonet's and read something other than Soldier of Fortune magazine. And if your in doubt of anything I've said look it up.

Bush 1 did trim back the military budget to a minor degree, but not the way Clinton did over his administration. To say "Clinton simply followed what had been a practice started back after WW1" is a crock. Clinton took the budget axe to the military every year. He needed money for his giveaway programs and he found it in the military . The biggest blunder in this whole mideast mess is Clinton not grabbing Bin Laden when the Sudanese offered him up. 9/11 may have been prevented and the whole mideast would have been changed. And if you doubt anything I've said, look it up.

Guest TO: A proud American

I just want to say that after reading of your military service that I have great respect and admiration for your ability to maintain an open mind and to see more than one side of an issue.

Hopefully you've heard it many times before but if not....Welcome Home!

Guest BushBacker
Bush 1 did trim back the military budget to a minor degree, but not the way Clinton did over his administration. To say "Clinton simply followed what had been a practice started back after WW1" is a crock.  Clinton took the budget axe to the military every year. He needed money for his giveaway programs and he found it in the military .  The biggest blunder in this whole mideast mess is Clinton not grabbing Bin Laden when the Sudanese offered him up. 9/11 may have been prevented and the whole mideast would have been changed. And if you doubt anything I've said, look it up.

Clinton was unable to make a decision on the Sudanese offer because he was preoccupied with chasing interns around the oval office. You might say 9/11 was caused by a BJ.

Guest a proud american
Clinton was unable to make a decision on the Sudanese offer because he was preoccupied with chasing interns around the oval office. You might say 9/11 was caused by a BJ.

Loki is partially correct. It wasn't the air power that was lacking it was not having the armor necessary. Wm Perry the Secretary of Defense at the time didn't think it was needed. There was a Country, I think Pakistan but am not sure who had apc's available but wouldn't release them to the americans to go get the helicopter crew. It wasn't too much later that Mr. Perry resigned.

The commander finally relented when an American Officer put a gun to his head and explained that he was taking them. in January 1995, both the Congress and Senate changed hands from the Dems to the Rep's. It stayed this way through the rest of Clinton's term. ALthough the President sends to the Congress his budget, they were certainly free to add whatever money was needed to insure there was adequate funding. They chose not to so in effect they went along with the President.

And if memory serves me correctly when the first WTC bombing occured they couldn't say with any certainty who was responsible except that the imam was the mosque leader in Jersey City and blind.

In the last years of Clinton there were problems with low pay and in the end we were given a modest increase. But when Junior took over he tried to balance the increase in pay with a cut back in housing allowances. So he was giving it to us in one pocket and taking it out of the other. In reality, the military changed little except for new weapon designs. Remember bush had 2 years to rebuild the military if it had been in such bad shape.

After the 2000 election, the Clinton military and intelligence team briefed the new president. Bush was impressed and asked them to stay on for a few months to help his transition team. They lasted six months and quit because the Bush people were not interested in anything they had to say. Then in August, he was given a breifing paper entitled Bin Laden determined to strike the US. Had he bothered to read it at the very least he could have sent an alert to the FAA. Those who have worked for him all say the same thing. He tends to lose interest if given too much material to read. You can say what you like about Clinton but when a person was to brief him, they had to send a copt to him to read first. And when the person arrived for the breifing, Clinton knew more about the subject than the person did because he took the time to find out for himself.

I was at a meeting several months ago and there was a person who had been in the Army and was put in charge of searching for mass graves in Bosnia. When we captured Baghdad, he was called back into the service to try and find the mass graves in Iraq. After being in Iraq for a month or so, he wrote to the pentagon asking for up-armored vehicles. Their reply was that they wouldn't be needed because we weren't going to be there that long. After his tour ended, he came home, resigned from the Army.

Now for you doubters out there all I have said is true and verifiable. If Viet Nam taught us anything its that if we don't get the Iraq Army involved soon then we are going to be there a long time and the end result is going to be the same.

Loki is partially correct. It wasn't the air power that was lacking it was not having the armor necessary. Wm Perry the Secretary of Defense at the time didn't think it was needed. There was a Country, I think Pakistan but am not sure who had apc's available but wouldn't release them to the americans to go get the helicopter crew. It wasn't too much later that Mr. Perry resigned.

The commander finally relented when an American Officer put a gun to his head and explained that he was taking them. in January 1995, both the Congress and Senate changed hands from the Dems to the Rep's. It stayed this way through the rest of Clinton's term. ALthough the President sends to the Congress his budget, they were certainly free to add whatever money was needed to insure there was adequate funding. They chose not to so in effect they went along with the President.

And if memory serves me correctly when the first WTC bombing occured they couldn't say with any certainty who was responsible except that the imam was the mosque leader in Jersey City and blind.

In the last years of Clinton there were problems with low pay and in the end we were given a modest increase. But when Junior took over he tried to balance the increase in pay with a cut back in housing allowances. So he was giving it to us in one pocket and taking it out of the other. In reality, the military changed little except for new weapon designs. Remember bush had 2 years to rebuild the military if it had been in such bad shape.

After the 2000 election, the Clinton military and intelligence team briefed the new president. Bush was impressed and asked them to stay on for a few months to help his transition team. They lasted six months and quit because the Bush people were not interested in anything they had to say. Then in August, he was given a breifing paper entitled Bin Laden determined to strike the US. Had he bothered to read it at the very least he could have sent an alert to the FAA. Those who have worked for him all say the same thing. He tends to lose interest if given too much material to read. You can say what you like about Clinton but when a person was to brief him, they had to send a copt to him to read first. And when the person arrived for the breifing, Clinton knew more about the subject than the person did because he took the time to find out for himself.

I was at a meeting several months ago and there was a person who had been in the Army and was put in charge of searching for mass graves in Bosnia. When we captured Baghdad, he was called back into the service to try and find the mass graves in Iraq. After being in Iraq for a month or so, he wrote to the pentagon asking for up-armored vehicles. Their reply was that they wouldn't be needed because we weren't going to be there that long. After his tour ended, he came home, resigned from the Army.

Now for you doubters out there all I have said is true and verifiable. If Viet Nam taught us anything its that if we don't get the Iraq Army involved soon then we are going to be there a long time and the end result is going to be the same.

If you believe all of this, you also believe Condoleeza Rice had NO IDEA who Al-Qaeda was. I could read propaganda, and rattle it off as fact, but what's the point.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, "Pass the Kool-Aid please." You would make Michael Moore proud; not really a shining accomplishment though is it?

Guest Guest

Maybe you should talk FACTS and remember WHO was in the Oval Office on 9/11.

Guest Guest

Clinton must have amazing power to have caused 9/11 all by himself when he's been out of office for over seven months. Of course you WANKERS conveniently forget that you constantly accuse Clinton of having left BLATANT problems behind and if the little cowboy was half the leader you people fantasize he is those alleged BLATANT problems would have been fixed immeditely and maybe 9/11 never would have been.

Of course illogical, pigheadness is common with you WANKERS. The little cowboy says using frozen embryos that will otherwise be destroyed for research is taking innocent life for the possible medical benefit of others yet he has no problem taking a closely guarded secret number of innocent lives for the possible political benefit of others.

Clinton must have amazing power to have caused 9/11 all by himself when he's been out of office for over seven months.  Of course you WANKERS conveniently forget that you constantly accuse Clinton of having left BLATANT problems behind and if the little cowboy was half the leader you people fantasize he is those alleged BLATANT problems would have been fixed immeditely and maybe 9/11 never would have been.

Of course illogical, pigheadness is common with you WANKERS.  The little cowboy says  using frozen embryos that will otherwise be destroyed for research is taking innocent life for the possible medical benefit of others yet he has no problem taking a closely guarded secret number of innocent lives for the possible political benefit of others.

So, you believe that the 9/11 attacks were planned in less than 7 months?? I don't blame Clinton or Bush for 9/11, but I do blame the intelligence community. I also blame bureaucratic pinheads who think the FBI and CIA shouldn't SHARE information, Jamie Gorelick. But, rather than have her answer questions about this bizarre stance while with the Justice Dept. other people decided she should be ON the 9/11 commission. That is criminal.

I will accept pigheaded, but never illogical WANKER.

Guest BushBacker
Clinton must have amazing power to have caused 9/11 all by himself when he's been out of office for over seven months.  Of course you WANKERS conveniently forget that you constantly accuse Clinton of having left BLATANT problems behind and if the little cowboy was half the leader you people fantasize he is those alleged BLATANT problems would have been fixed immeditely and maybe 9/11 never would have been.

Of course illogical, pigheadness is common with you WANKERS.  The little cowboy says  using frozen embryos that will otherwise be destroyed for research is taking innocent life for the possible medical benefit of others yet he has no problem taking a closely guarded secret number of innocent lives for the possible political benefit of others.

That's right !! The BLATANT problem Clinton left behind was Bin Laden. Clinton had Bin Laden offered up on a platter but he didn't take him. 9 months later Bin Laden orchestrated 9/11. Every intelligent person (no Kool-aiders) recognize this fact as the last opportunity we had to prevent 9/11.

Guest Guest
That's right !! The BLATANT problem  Clinton left behind was Bin Laden. Clinton had  Bin Laden offered up on a platter but he didn't take him.  9 months later Bin Laden  orchestrated 9/11. Every intelligent person (no Kool-aiders) recognize this fact as the last opportunity we had to prevent 9/11.

And what effort was the cowboy making to find bin Laden in that period?

THAT was the last opportunity to prevent 9/11, get your facys straight WANKER.

Guest Guest
So, you believe that the 9/11 attacks were planned in less than 7 months??  I don't blame Clinton or Bush for 9/11, but I do blame the intelligence community.  I also blame bureaucratic pinheads who think the FBI and CIA shouldn't SHARE information, Jamie Gorelick.  But, rather than have her answer questions about this bizarre stance while with the Justice Dept. other people decided she should be ON the 9/11 commission.  That is criminal.

I will accept pigheaded, but never illogical WANKER.

I agree with you about the intelligence community. The reality is the first WTC attack should have been a wake-up call and America collectively hit the snooze button.

I'll stand with illogical. Saying utilizing embryos slated to be destroyed is taking innocent life and standing againsty it while taking many innocent lives elsewhere has no logical comsistency.

I agree with you about the intelligence community.  The reality is the first WTC attack should have been a wake-up call and America collectively hit the snooze button.

I'll stand with illogical.  Saying utilizing embryos slated to be destroyed is taking innocent life and standing againsty it while taking many innocent lives elsewhere has no logical comsistency.

To be clear, I completely disagree with Bush on stem cell research from a moral perspective. If these innovations can be attained I say go for it.

But, I disagree that public funding should be used. I believe that the R+D departments of American companies, left alone, could make greater use of the cells in question.

And, the US military goes to far too great lengths to avoid collateral damage. If we fought the war the way the terrorists did, and we don't, this would be over already, and the boys and girls would already be on their way home.