PRINCIPAL

Guest GUEST100

Guest Guest
Is a done deal Al Somma will be the next KHS principal

It is not a done deal. Interviews have not even started. Why not let everyone get their chance at a fair interview before you muddy the waters. I do know that there is a board member who is against hiring someone just because everyone is telling them to.

Guest Catch 22
i know al somma from his first days in kearny. i worked with him for many years. he and bob sprague are the two best canidates by far. good with people,caring and honest guys. if they want it,it should be their job.

I agree, but where is Barbone in the mix or isn't he?

Guest CLASS OF 87 KM

Al Somma is the best candidate for the job, he has been in the system for years knows the people, the area, he regularly attends sporting & school events. He cares about KHS. And as for Jon Zimmerman another logical choice grad of KHS - mother taught at KHS - now teaches in school system -2 no brainers give them the jobs promote from within- give people who know the system and it's glitches the chance to give it a tune-up

Guest Guest
I agree, but where is Barbone in the mix or isn't he?

Did not apply. Apparently him and Ragnoni both felt the job should have been handed to them. Both took a hissy fit and decided not to even show up to Digesere's farewell party. Neither applied for the Principal job.

Guest Guest
Al Somma is the best candidate for the job, he has been in the system for years knows the people, the area, he regularly attends sporting & school events. He cares about KHS. And as for Jon Zimmerman another logical choice grad of KHS - mother taught at KHS - now teaches in school system -2 no brainers give them the jobs promote from within- give people who know the system and it's glitches the chance to give it a tune-up

Is this a joke?!?!?!

Guest stop harrison corruption at john

Why would it be a joke maybe we should bring in doffont so our schools can be run like Harrison to the ground. Its bad enough we have Landy a Harrison S##t bag on our town council. You people need to wake up and do whats right for the Town of Kearny and the children of Kearny- the future of Kearny.

Guest Guest
Why would it be a joke maybe we should bring in doffont so our schools can be run like Harrison to  the ground. Its bad enough we have Landy a Harrison S##t bag on our town council. You people need to wake up and do whats right for the Town of Kearny and the children of Kearny- the future of Kearny.

And you think Somma and Zimmerman have the answers?

Guest Guest
Why would it be a joke maybe we should bring in doffont so our schools can be run like Harrison to  the ground. Its bad enough we have Landy a Harrison S##t bag on our town council. You people need to wake up and do whats right for the Town of Kearny and the children of Kearny- the future of Kearny.

You are an idiot.

Guest Kearny Teacher
I hear there are 4 insiders and the rest are not from this district. One of the candidates lives in Kearny but will not send her kids to the Kearny schools. That\'s a real slap in the face. I guess Kearny is good enough for a big fat paycheck but not good enough to educate her kids. Guess she needs the money to pay for those catholic schools.

Can't say that I blame her ... there are many unsafe things that happen at some of our (once wonderful) schools. It is safer in the Kearny Catholic Schools than in many of the public ones. With security cameras at the front door then know who is entering their building ... do we know who can and did walk right into our public schools. Maybe that is something she will change.

No matter who it is, they are in store for a tough job. I thought that KHS has come a long way with the previous administration and it can only get better. (well, I hope)

Guest Guest
Let\'s hope it is someone who is not afraid to rock the boat a bit and do some things to make the school better. My son came home yesterday, sweating becasue it was so hot and he had to sit in classrooms that were overheated and go over his exams. Yet his buddy who was in the suspension room got to sit in the air conditioning and watch the world cup soccer. Something is not right with this picture. The good kids suffer and the suspended kids get to be cool and entertained. That is a disgrace and those that allow it to happen should be ashamed of themselves. Let\'s hope this new principal will do something about this.  Make them to to school on a Saturday and see if kids keep getting suspended!

It\'s time for some changes!!!!!!

There is no need for boat rocking. KHS is academically performing very well. Your air conditioning problem will be solved shortly with the construction that is beginning shortly. A lot of change is exactly what KHS doesn't need.

Guest Guest
Can't say that I blame her ... there are many unsafe things that happen at some of our (once wonderful) schools.  It is safer in the Kearny Catholic Schools than in many of the public ones.  With security cameras at the front door then know who is entering their building ... do we know who can and did walk right into our public schools. Maybe that is something she will change.

No matter who it is, they are in store for a tough job.  I thought that KHS has come a long way with the previous administration and it can only get better. (well, I hope)

ther is nothing unsafe about the Kearny school system. The education offered there is better than any private school in the area. The programs alon that are offered are incredibly extensive. So dont give me this stuff that the schools are unsafe.

Guest Guest
That would make Zimmerman a vice principal in charge of athletics. That was Somma's title. I was hoping they would elimiate one vice principal, now is a chance to cut the budget through attrition.  Same old same old

Kearny actually has less vice principals thatn any school its size in the state

Guest Great
Kearny actually has less vice principals thatn any school its size in the state

Great create another vp position. I think one of Councilwoman Pettigrew's family members needs a job. This will balance off the jobs at the BOE for connected politicans.

Give us a break. What qualifications does Zimmerman have beyond being the councilwoman's son in law?

Guest Parent
Great create another vp position.  I think one of Councilwoman Pettigrew's family members needs a job.  This will balance off the jobs at the BOE for connected politicans.

Give us a break.  What qualifications does Zimmerman have beyond being the councilwoman's son in law?

As a parent of the school the Mr. Zimmerman is currently the vp, I think he is doing a great job. He is involved with the students, knows them by name and works with the parents. He would do great at whatever school he is at.

Archived