School Uniforms

Guest Guest

Guest TellTheTruth
hey D**b a** stand on any corner from bergen ave to oakwood between 730 and 830 the boe sit on their asses eating big nicks pizza all day

I hope your not that fraud PI that has put Kearny under the DOJ microscope.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go to Kearnyschools.com. Click on School Uniforms. It says in the letter the shirts will be navy blue.

Thats a good idea, one Town, one Color. It would be a hassle getting a new "color" shirt when you go to another school for junior high.

The problem is that I am the parent.  I know what is best for my child and if I want my child to come home, I should be able to without any hassle.  I write my note everyday because the school refuses to take one for the year.  That is the problem.

Didn't you learn anything from the Oompa-loompas?

"Who do you blame when your kid is a brat, Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat. Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame. You know exactly who's to blame: The mother and the father."

"Who do you blame when your kid is a brat, Pampered and spoiled like a Siamese cat. Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame. You know exactly who's to blame: The mother and the father."

Can't wait!

:lol: Good one!!! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Thats a good idea, one Town, one Color. It would be a hassle getting a new "color" shirt when you go to another school for junior high.

:rolleyes: I agree. One town, one color, but why not the towns color? Why not red shirts? Isn't Kearny's colors red and black? Hello, Harrison is blue! Do we really want their skanky color? I say vote on red shirts!!! :lol:

:o  I agree. One town, one color, but why not the towns color?  Why not red shirts?  Isn't Kearny's colors red and black?  Hello, Harrison is blue!  Do we really want their skanky color?  I say vote on red shirts!!! :P

HARRISON COLORS ARE BLUE AND WHITE, DON'T GET THEM CONFUSED WITH KEARNY.PLEASE, HARRISON IS A GOOD TOWN.

• 3 weeks later...

School uniforms are a very bad idea that should only be reserved for one of those republican chrisitian conservative boarding schools. The kids should be free to dress as they please within reason and think with an open mind. If they care to wear a uniform there are many opportunities to do so on an athletic team of their choosing.

School uniforms are a very bad idea that should only be reserved for one of those republican chrisitian conservative boarding schools.  The kids should be free to dress as they please within reason and think with an open mind.  If they care to wear a uniform there are many opportunities to do so on an athletic team of their choosing.

The key words here; "within reason". Something the parents and kids know very little about.

The key words here; "within reason".  Something the parents and kids know very little about.

Well the first day of school uniforms came and went with very little drama. The children all looked neat and tidy. Coincidentally, the students even acknowledged that while they were unhappy today, they know that they'll forget and in a couple of days it will just seem normal. Adults, it seems as if the kids are handling this in a very mature "fashion" (pardon my pun). It's just not that big a deal in the classrooms.

The key words here; "within reason".  Something the parents and kids know very little about.

As a parent of a 7th grade student, I feel that it is my responsibility to decide what my son wears. If the 4 members of the school board that implemented this policy want to make decisions for me regarding my son, than they can also pay my bills for my son.

School uniforms are a very bad idea that should only be reserved for one of those republican chrisitian conservative boarding schools.  The kids should be free to dress as they please within reason and think with an open mind.  If they care to wear a uniform there are many opportunities to do so on an athletic team of their choosing.

For the last time (I hope) school uniforms are for more than taking away your child independence! Dressing within reason........who's reasoning? Who decides what acceptable? So if the schools said "no more jeans" or "no red shirts" you'd be ok with that??? Converting to wearing uniforms is being done all over the State. It avoids competition of clothes, sneakers, ect.

As a parent of a 7th grade student, I feel that it is my responsibility to decide what my son wears.  If the 4 members of the school board that implemented this policy want to make decisions for me regarding my son, than  they can also pay my bills for my son.

Unfortunately most parents, probably you included, have given up their resposibility of deciding how their children should dress appropriately for school.

Uniforms, among many things, demonstrate unity and teamwork. Would you let your son play on a sports team wearing a uniform that was different from the rest of his team. After reading your above comment, you probably would.

Many decisions will be made by others for your kid throughout his life. It's good for him to learn that now. So get over it.

Why do the shirts have to be tucked in? A teacher in Schuyler School told my son to get out of the Kearny School System if he didn't want to tuck his shirt in. Another boy was given detention for failure to tuck. The board was given an inch and they took a yard. I have lived in this town my entire life, I went to school here and I don't appreciate this smarta$$ teacher. We didn't wear uniforms, we didn't fight over clothing, and we didn't have mandatory summer homework. With the size of the children these days they should mandate going outside to play, not research on the computer.

Unfortunately most parents, probably you included, have given up their resposibility of deciding how their children should dress appropriately for school.

Uniforms, among many things, demonstrate unity and teamwork.  Would you let your son play on a sports team wearing a uniform that was different from the rest of his team.  After reading your above comment, you probably would.

Many decisions will be made by others for your kid throughout his life.  It's good for him to learn that now.  So get over it.

I have not given up the responsibility for my child's clothing. When we go to buy his clothes, he is allowed certain things for the weekend and other things for school.

As far as others making my child's decision, if that is how you choose to raise your child, so be it, but unless the schools are going to take over all responsibilities, they should give up the dictatorship with the uniforms

Sorry, that DID NOT happen at Schuyler School. The teachers at Schuyler have been directed to ignore all uniform noncompliance in writing to the principal's office. NOONE was given a detention at Schuyler School for noncompliance with the uniform code. Starting Monday, students will be sent to the principal's office for problems with the dress code and any punishment for noncompliance will be determined at that time.

Why do the shirts have to be tucked in?  A teacher in Schuyler School told my son to get out of the Kearny School System if he didn't want to tuck his shirt in.  Another boy was given detention for failure to tuck.  The board was given an inch and they took a yard.  I have lived in this town my entire life, I went to school here and I don't appreciate this smarta$$ teacher.  We didn't wear uniforms, we didn't fight over clothing, and we didn't have mandatory summer homework.  With the size of the children these days they should mandate going outside to play, not research on the computer.

Sorry, that DID NOT happen at Schuyler School.  The teachers at Schuyler have been directed to ignore all uniform noncompliance in writing to the principal's office.  NOONE was given a detention at Schuyler School for noncompliance with the uniform code.  Starting Monday, students will be sent to the principal's office for problems with the dress code and any punishment for noncompliance will be determined at that time.

OK the child responded to the teacher when told to tuck and was given detention for answering him. Ignore noncompliance in writing? Duh! Anyway if thats true then this teacher is not complying, and if he doesn't like the parent's who voted against the uniform in the first place then he should look for employment elsewhere.

Uniforms, among many things, demonstrate unity and teamwork.  Would you let your son play on a sports team wearing a uniform that was different from the rest of his team.  After reading your above comment, you probably would.

Many decisions will be made by others for your kid throughout his life.  It's good for him to learn that now.  So get over it.

You have given up that responsibility by voting in favor of the uniforms. As for you comparing school to a sports team, that is just ridiculous. This uniform policy takes away my comsumer rights and my childs rights to be an individual. I have raised my child to be independent and make his own decisions and with that upbringing he will be successful and a leader not a follower.

For the last time (I hope) school uniforms are for more than taking away your child independence! Dressing within reason........who's reasoning? Who decides what acceptable? So if the schools said "no more jeans" or "no red shirts" you'd be ok with that??? Converting to wearing uniforms is being done all over the State. It avoids competition of clothes, sneakers, ect.

Our children now attended the Kearny Communist School System. Maybe the BOE will teach them to march and salute, that will be cute.

As a parent of a 7th grade student, I feel that it is my responsibility to decide what my son wears.  If the 4 members of the school board that implemented this policy want to make decisions for me regarding my son, than  they can also pay my bills for my son.

They did "mom" they gave him a free shirt!

Guest what's your deal??

Many school systems are enforcing a uniform dress code, and there are many parents that debate heavily on this topic.

What it comes down to: It's a school rule that must be followed. If you agree with the policy, you are making your day and your child's day much easier.

If you disagree and feel as though your child should have their own "individuality", and for some unforseen reason you believe that can only be done by the label on their clothing, then by all means go buy them uniforms at DKNY, FCUK, GAP, BURBERRY, DOLCE & GABBANA. Why not let your child express who they are from the inside rahter then have them be expressed by their clothing.

If you still cannot find good reasoning for the uniforms, think about the people who's children suffer becuase of the way they dress. Have you ever felt that way, were you ever made fun of or laughed at because you did not have the "right sense of style"? It's a sad thing for those who have been there, and those who have seen children who suffer.

The schools are not trying to controll your kids or turn them into "robots" they are just giving everyone a fair chance to feel as though each child is the same. They are breaking down boundaries.

Archived