School Uniforms

Guest Guest

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Why is that person an idiot?  You don't like what they said?  You have a different opinion?  So that makes someone an idiot?  You need to grow up.

The person is a frickin' idiot because he/she is trying to tell us that the parents are not responsible for their children's actions and behavior. Sure, there may be kids who have great parents that are doing the best they can to raise the kids properly, and the kids still go wrong. But I'd say that's a very small percentage.

You need to wake up.

Guest Guest
Are you one of the morons we should blame for letting our kids oround yours?

WHAT???? why would someone else be a moron for you letting YOUR kids hang out with the trouble kids!

Stop with the stupid posts....uniforms are a done deal, every kids will wear them like it or not.

Guest George Geyser

Purchasing a school uniform will actually save parents money. The clothes they wear now are not paid for with my tax dollar. Buying clothes for my children, the clothes they "have to have" or they won't "be all that" with their classmates kind of clothes, cost a small fortune.

Besides that:

Set an example - teach some respect, discipline and responsibility.

I know Madison Ave. and the music industry aren't parents. Be a parent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
<_<  That was not called for.  Some example you are setting.  Calling children names.  If some children go down the wrong path it is not always the parents fault.  There are some really good parents and they raised their children well, it is not their fault if some children stray.  You could be the best parent and when your child wants to do what they want they will.  You might not like it, but it is true.  Stop blaming the parents all the time.  Nobody is perfect.  Start looking at what the children spend their free time on when we can not be there because we have to work to make sure they have a good life.  If there are any suggestions post them.  Maybe we can all benefit from each others help. :)

Aren't you the idiot complaining about the World Cup celebrations and calling people spics in some other posts?

Guest Guest
You can all stop arguing amongst yourselves now.  The BOE approved uniforms at the special meeting last night.

Looks like it will be a pretty toothless policy. And they didn't have the balls to make the change at KHS where it's really needed.

Guest Guest
You can all stop arguing amongst yourselves now.  The BOE approved uniforms at the special meeting last night.

Even though the BOE voted it was only 4-1. Parents are being slighted in this. Only 1100 students turned in the questionnaires that were sent home.

I do not have a problem with children dressing appropriately, I do have a problem with teachers that dress like they are at a club. Some teachers dress like they are trying to pick up someone.

If the students are expected to dress like a "team" than so should the teachers.

Guest Guest

Yes the vote is in, but it was only 4-1 the full board did not vote. I guess they felt this wasn't a big deal. It should be. First they try to tell you where your kids can eat lunch, now they are telling you what they can wear and what you must buy. I say the boe should purchase all the uniforms, shirts, belts and pants for all the students if that is what they want.

Guest guest
Yes the vote is in, but it was only 4-1 the full board did not vote.  I guess they felt this wasn't a big deal.  It should be.  First they try to tell you where your kids can eat lunch, now they are telling you what they can wear and what you must buy.  I say the boe should purchase all the uniforms, shirts, belts and pants for all the students if that is what they want.

They tell the kids where to eat lunch? :P Is this happening in all the schools or only a certain one?

Guest Guest
Yes the vote is in, but it was only 4-1 the full board did not vote.  I guess they felt this wasn't a big deal.  It should be.  First they try to tell you where your kids can eat lunch, now they are telling you what they can wear and what you must buy.  I say the boe should purchase all the uniforms, shirts, belts and pants for all the students if that is what they want.

The uniforms are a good idea. I can not wait to know the final vote. I hope it goes through. And NO they do not tell them where to eat. My kids have never said that, and I NEVER heard that.

Guest guest
The uniforms are a good idea.  I can not wait to know the final vote.  I hope it goes through.  And NO they do not tell them where to eat.  My kids have never said that, and I NEVER heard that.

Kids are not allowed to go home or eat out unless they ar in a certain grade and then they have to have a form signed daily. So if you choose to have your child eat home every day, then every day you have to fill out a form with an original signature. You are not allowed to send one letter for the year.

Guest Guest

Sorry, you're wrong there. The fact is that children in grade 8 are allowed to go of the building for lunch any day without any kind of note. Children in 6th & 7th are allowed to leave school grounds for lunch to go "out" with the special "hold harmless" form. This form is required EVERY time a child goes out of the buiding for lunch but is NOT going home. Children who are going home for lunch bring a signed not telling the teacher that the child is going HOME for lunch. ONE note can be sent in in September telling the teacher that the child will be going home every day for the rest of the year and that is sufficient. If the child goes home from time to time, but not regularly, then a note is needed for each individual leaving of school. Please agree or disagree with BOE policies, but at least make sure you know what you're complaining about.

Kids are not allowed to go home or eat out unless they ar in a certain grade and then they have to have a form signed daily.  So if you choose to have your child eat home every day, then every day you have to fill out a form with an original signature.  You are not allowed to send one letter for the year.

Guest Guest
Kids are not allowed to go home or eat out unless they ar in a certain grade and then they have to have a form signed daily.  So if you choose to have your child eat home every day, then every day you have to fill out a form with an original signature.  You are not allowed to send one letter for the year.

That is a great idea. You will know where your child is for that period of time. I think it is safe and I like it. What parent would not like the idea that their is being taken care of and knowing where they are?

Guest Guest

Children who go home only need a note from their parent. Parents are allowed to send one in that is good for the entire year. If the child goes out to eat but does not go home parents must sign a release form each day.

I think this was put into place because some children were getting into trouble during lunch.

As for the grade requirement -- this is only for the junior high. Students who are doing poorly lose privileges and going out for lunch is a privilege. They are still allowed to go home for lunch.

Guest Guest

And what's wrong with that? If they weren't looking out for your childs best interest you'd have something else to complain about. There kids live in different times than we did, if you want your child coming home everyday for lunch write a note every morning. Is it really that much to ask for your childs safety?

Guest Guest
And what's wrong with that? If they weren't looking out for your childs best interest you'd have something else to complain about. There kids live in different times than we did, if you want your child coming home everyday for lunch write a note every morning. Is it really that much to ask for your childs safety?

The problem is that I am the parent. I know what is best for my child and if I want my child to come home, I should be able to without any hassle. I write my note everyday because the school refuses to take one for the year. That is the problem.

Guest guest
The uniforms are a good idea.  I can not wait to know the final vote.  I hope it goes through.  And NO they do not tell them where to eat.  My kids have never said that, and I NEVER heard that.

Question - is it true that all children will be provided the first uniform free?

Archived