School Uniforms

Guest Guest

Guest wonderfulMinds
:(  So what you are saying is that people with money are smarter than people who have less?  You just proved how stupid you really are!!!  A$$hole.

Title 18 leads the way on this fashion question. NJS 18 A 11-7

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
:(  So what you are saying is that people with money are smarter than people who have less?  You just proved how stupid you really are!!!  A$$hole.

I don't think they mean SMART people dress better, it's just obvious that if you take school seriously, you'll dress appropriately. There's a difference in not having money to buy the best clothes, and CHOOSING to dress (and act) like a punk.

As for "all the clothes" in the closet....where them after school or on the weekends! PROBLEM SOLVED :P

Guest parent
:(    TOTALLY  AGAINST UNIFORMS. :P

It has no educational value. ONLY $$$$ FOR SUPPLIERS.

PARENTS NEED TO BE INVOLVED MORE ;)

You'll save alot of money by buying a few uniforms than spending a few hundred dollars for (1) shirt and (1) pair of jeans at many of the trendy stores.

Guest Angry
Title 18 leads the way on this fashion question. NJS 18 A 11-7

Law states 3 months notice - so parents will be buying school clothes anyway and then will have to purchase uniforms. Not only for their own children but also for those who can't afford it.

Ask all taxpayers what they feel? Put it to a vote. Your tax dollars will be paying for this.

Guest Guest

I don't think they mean SMART people dress better, it's just obvious that if you take school seriously, you'll dress appropriately. There's a difference in not having money to buy the best clothes, and CHOOSING to dress (and act) like a punk.

As for "all the clothes" in the closet....where them after school or on the weekends! PROBLEM SOLVED  :P

:blink: I agree with you on taking school seriously may sometimes be a result in how they dress, but that persons comment made no sense. It does not matter how much is in the bank, what matters is what you teach your children. :(

Just some info I would like to share.

The BOE has sent surveys home with the students.  They are due back by 6/13/06.  The parents are asked to check yes or no for the uniforms and may give a comment.  What the survey does not say is that your child will be punished for not wearing a uniform that you are forced to purchase.  The survey does not tell you that as taxpayers, you will be forced to purchase uniforms for all the children in the district that can not afford one.  Not just one per child, but if the family is low-income, guess what not only are you buying your childs uniforms, but everyone else's.  Now I do not have a problem with taxes for for education.  Our children are the future and education is the #1 priority.  I do have a problem with a school board purchasing uniforms when the money just isn't there.  The budget did not pass and if we find money for something new this year, it should be a teacher, not uniforms.

The BOE has not voted on this yet, let your voice be heard.  Tell them that you are tired of paying for non essentials.  You need to speak up.  I know that I will be at the 6/19/06 meeting giving my input.  I hope that you all try to attend.

what are those children of low income families wearing now? For I thought these uniform shirts are suppose to be around $6.00 you can not get much cheaper than that.

Guest Guest
what are those children of low income families wearing now?  For I thought these uniform shirts are suppose to be around $6.00 you can not get much cheaper than that.

:wacko: Maybe I am confused. Are we really putting a price on children? The more you spend on clothing the higher class you are? Please tell me that as adults in our mid-thirtys or older(because late thirtys is the new hot) we are not putting a price tag on our children. It should not matter if you make $5.00 an hour or $15.00 an hour, what should matter is what we as decent humans put in to our children. Not just by telling them what is wrong or right, but by showing them. I have a 17yr. old daughter & a 7 yr. old son, they are not perfect,but :lol: they both know that the way you dress and present youself is the way you will get treated. Yes, uniforms all the way, just stop trying to gratify yourself by saying that money has anything to do with class. Class comes in different sizes. From where I stand, this forum has no class if you can put a price on a child.

Guest Guest
:wacko:  I agree with you on taking school seriously may sometimes be a result in how they dress, but  that persons comment made no sense.  It does not matter how much is in the bank, what matters is what you teach your children.    :lol:

Exactly, and teaching them a little discipline and respect for themselves and others is a good place to start.

A simple uniform, they'll hardly be looking like Marines in their dress uniforms,

is a good way to even the playing field for kids at every economic level.

Sadly, many of these kids have been ruined by their parents anyway and are too far gone.

Guest Guest
Exactly, and teaching them a little discipline and respect for themselves and others is a good place to start. 

A simple uniform, they'll hardly be looking like Marines in their dress uniforms,

Sadly, many of these kids have been ruined by their parents anyway and are too far gone.

:wacko: Thank you!!! Finally, I am not the only one who makes sense.

Guest Guest

Are you joking??? more money for suppliers...how about all the money spent on name brand clothes? Deal with it, uniforms are happening, like it or not.

EVERY parent I've spoken to has indicated YES on the survey sent home with their child. If parents got "involved" in the first place we wouldn't need uniforms. It's their responiblility to send their kids to school dressed appropriately, and they haven't.  If the board does the right this, we'll have all the kids uniformed by October/November.

Why so late? I was hoping to have them by September. My son is in first grade and I am so happy that he will be wearing uniforms for his entire shool life. I say lets start picking them out now.

[HIGH SCHOOL NEEDS UNIFORMS MORE THAN GRAMMER SCHOOLS-ELIMINATE STATUS BY DESIGNER

:) How come the BOE does not enforce the rules of the dress code? Have you seen the way the high school children dress? No wonder there are so many teen pregnancies. Then if a girl gaet whistled at or comments are made they get offended. Iwould never let my daughter walk out of the house dressed like a slut. I say yes to school uinforms.

Law states 3 months notice - so parents will be buying school clothes anyway and then will have to purchase uniforms.  Not only for their own children but also for those who can't afford it.

Ask all taxpayers what they feel?  Put it to a vote.  Your tax dollars will be paying for this.

:) Is It so bad to help a family in need? I do not mind at all. If I can help some family who really needs it I will.

:) You are right, some of these children are to far gone. There is still time for the younger generation to learn good values and that starts at home. Our children are the future so lets teach them the right way about respect and good morals.

Guest Angry
:)  Is It so bad to help a family in need?  I do not mind at all.  If I can help some family who really needs it I will.

I have a problem when some of the families in question are able to visit their home countries on a regular basis, they live in apartments where the rent is more than my mortgage and have money to spare, than fill out the forms at the schools crying poverty.

If we are going to purchase uniforms for one it should be done for all!!!!

Want not ask the seniors in town if they want their taxes to pay for kids clothes. Did anyone have a meeting with taxpayers that do not have children in the schools?

Helping those in need is one thing, but enough is enough.

Guest Guest

You can dress the kids in the most formal uniforms available and they'll still be the little savages that their parents have raised.

You can dress the kids in the most formal uniforms available and they'll still be the little savages that their parents have raised.

:angry: That was not called for. Some example you are setting. Calling children names. If some children go down the wrong path it is not always the parents fault. There are some really good parents and they raised their children well, it is not their fault if some children stray. You could be the best parent and when your child wants to do what they want they will. You might not like it, but it is true. Stop blaming the parents all the time. Nobody is perfect. Start looking at what the children spend their free time on when we can not be there because we have to work to make sure they have a good life. If there are any suggestions post them. Maybe we can all benefit from each others help. :angry:

Guest ZELLNER

YOUR RIGHT IT DOES ALL COME DOWN TO US BEING BETTER PARENTS.

!!!!!PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT !!!! IS KEY.

Guest Guest
:ph34r:  That was not called for.  Some example you are setting.  Calling children names.  If some children go down the wrong path it is not always the parents fault.  There are some really good parents and they raised their children well, it is not their fault if some children stray.  You could be the best parent and when your child wants to do what they want they will.  You might not like it, but it is true.  Stop blaming the parents all the time.  Nobody is perfect.  Start looking at what the children spend their free time on when we can not be there because we have to work to make sure they have a good life.  If there are any suggestions post them.  Maybe we can all benefit from each others help. :)

What a frickin' idiot! :lol:

Archived