ANOTHER SANTOS BUDGET MISTAKE!! ($250,000!!)

Jim Mangin

True, if we all are to believe you, there are issues and problems at town hall.  :D  :D  ;)

That's it? That's all you have to say about all the stupid financial mistakes this Mayor has made?

". . . there are issues and problems at town hall." Well, Duh!

Let's recap some of those "issues." I'll only include the stupid financial mistakes that the Mayor has made that I've identified in previous posts. This way if someone wants details they can go back and read the earlier posts, and I won't be repeating myself.

OK, here goes:

$250,000 – Emergency appropriation to cover the MISTAKE of not knowing that PVSC raised their rates.

$397,882 – lost revenue in delinquent tax receipts by MISTAKENLY reading the Annual Financial Statement

$240,000 – wasted tax dollars in administrative fees for bonding instead of using the $1.2 million in capital surplus that the Mayor MISTAKENLY said didn’t exist.

$400,000 – lost revenue from the East Orange Water Commission left over from the return of the Water Dept MISTAKENLY left out of the final settlement

$37,000 – for MISTAKENLY paying East Orange’s bill to the North Jersey Water District when we took over the Water Dept from them.

and let’s not forget . . .

$11,000,000MISTAKE in the 2004 Annual Debt Statement

and

$10,000,000 MISTAKE in the 2003 Annual Debt Statement

Again, if anyone wants details on any of these mistakes I'll provide the link to the post where I explain it. Information is the great equalizer.

Saying ". . . there are issues and problems at town hall" is the greatest understatement of the entire Santos administration.

The Mayor's administration is a FINANCE NIGHTMARE.

And yet, not one member of the Council questions anything.

Jim Mangin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NoTeasingNow
That's it? That's all you have to say about all the stupid financial mistakes this Mayor has made?

". . . there are issues and problems at town hall."  Well, Duh!

Let's recap some of those "issues." I'll only include the stupid financial mistakes that the Mayor has made that I've identified in previous posts. This way if someone wants details they can go back and read the earlier posts, and I won't be repeating myself.

OK, here goes:

$250,000 – Emergency appropriation to cover the MISTAKE of not knowing that PVSC raised their rates.

$397,882  – lost revenue in delinquent tax receipts by MISTAKENLY reading the Annual Financial Statement

$240,000 – wasted tax dollars in administrative fees for bonding instead of using the $1.2 million in capital surplus that the Mayor MISTAKENLY said didn’t exist.

$400,000 – lost revenue from the East Orange Water Commission left over from the return of the Water Dept MISTAKENLY left out of the final settlement

$37,000 – for MISTAKENLY paying East Orange’s bill to the North Jersey Water District when we took over the Water Dept from them.

and

Again, if anyone wants details on any of these mistakes I'll provide the link to the post where I explain it. Information is the great equalizer.

Saying ". . . there are issues and problems at town hall" is the greatest understatement of the entire Santos administration.

Jim Mangin

Mr Mangin if your alligations are true both the misapplication and the missappropriation of those public funds would be a felony. If it was mismanaging of those public funds that too could be viewed as malfeasance.

Guest Guest_taxpayer_*

OK, here goes:

$397,882  – lost revenue in delinquent tax receipts by MISTAKENLY reading the Annual Financial Statement

and

Jim Mangin

Start answering council people taxpayers would love to hear from you. They are so quiet because Santos WILL NOT let them speak. How about you mayor start explaining?????????

Guest Guest
Start answering council people taxpayers would love to hear from you. They are so quiet because Santos WILL NOT let them speak. How about you mayor start explaining?????????

The mayor won't answer because he's to busy driving around in his car from the county at tax payers expense and who pays for gas. Keep voteing for these people and get what you deserve more of the same.

Guest Guest 99
Mr Mangin if your alligations are true both the misapplication and the missappropriation of those public funds would be a felony. If it was mismanaging of those public funds that too could be viewed as malfeasance.

And yet not one charge has been filed, nor is any investigation underway or scheduled. I think the key word in your post, alligations, says it all.

For years now Jim has been sounding off about everything he can, but no charges, no misconduct, no ethics panels. Hmmm. ;););)

Guest Guest 99

OK, here goes:

and

Jim Mangin

Jim, please don't quote me out of context. I did not say, "there are issues and problems at town hall". What I did say was, "True, if we all are to believe you, there are issues and problems at town hall". "If we all are to believe you". And, if we are to believe you, why has there been no investigation into these charges? Have you written any letters to Trenton recently? ;););)

Guest Guest
And yet not one charge has been filed, nor is any investigation underway or scheduled. I think the key word in your post, alligations, says it all.

For years now Jim has been sounding off about everything he can, but no charges, no misconduct, no ethics panels. Hmmm. ;)  ;)  ;)

What should Santos be investigated for? Being an idiot?

Guest Guest

For years now Jim has been sounding off about everything he can, but no charges, no misconduct, no ethics panels. Hmmm. ;)  ;)  ;)

Dems don't investgate Dems unless they step out of line. It's kind of like the fox guarding the hen house. Hmmm ;););)

Guest M. Ryan

Well its time someone calls the attorney general .Who the hell is the person GUEST 99 ? Sounds like Al.If you have nothing to hide post your real name! Its a clan of puppets. Never did see anything like it before.

Sounding off? OK, I'm guilty.

But don't forget. I've also been backing up every charge with the documents necessary for any member of the public or Town Council to view to see if the charge has merit.

I'm not looking for a criminal prosecution, or charges of misconduct, or ethics violations. I'm just looking for our elected officials to ask questions about our Town's finances. That's all. And that's not happening. Since it's not happening now we have a very serious situation. Even you admitted there are ". . . issues and problems at town hall,".

These issues and problems will only be resolved by jacking up taxes big time next year (when no one is running). Is that the plan?

Jim Mangin

(I feel like I'm Al Franken and Mayor Santos is Sean Hannity).

Forgive me Jim, but personally, I like Hannity better.  I can't take political advice from a guy who played a baggage handler in the Eddie Murphy movie "Trading Places".  Sad but true.

Besides, they both deal in opinion, and this, sadly enough, is not your opinion it is a very unfortunate truth.

I saw a rerun of "Trading Places" the other night, and you're right. It is Al Franken! And yes it is sad, but true.

But, I guess you must be glad you don't live in California. ;)

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest
(I feel like I'm Al Franken and Mayor Santos is Sean Hannity).

Forgive me Jim, but personally, I like Hannity better.  I can't take political advice from a guy who played a baggage handler in the Eddie Murphy movie "Trading Places".  Sad but true.

Besides, they both deal in opinion, and this, sadly enough, is not your opinion it is a very unfortunate truth.

So you won't take political advice from a comedian/actor but you will take it from a former drywall installer. Priceless.

Guest Guest 99
Well its time someone calls the attorney general .Who the hell is the person GUEST 99 ? Sounds like Al.If you have nothing to hide post your real name! Its a clan of puppets. Never did see anything like  it before.

Well its time someone calls the attorney general .

Okay, go ahead. What's stopping you? Dial 609-292-4925 and ask for Zulima. In case you don't know; and I'm confident you don't; she's the AG.

Who the hell is the person GUEST 99 ? Sounds like Al.

Don't be so formal. You can call me Guest 99 or just plain 99 if you like. All the caps aren't necessary. Why does my identity concern you? Does it lead to credibility? Would you believe me if I revealed who I am?

Al?! No! The Mayor has never posted in here, and never will. Besides, I have a better sense of humor than Al and Jim combined. Then again, that's like adding zero and zero, isn't it?

If you have nothing to hide post your real name!

I have nothing to hide. Protect, maybe, but not to hide. By the way, who are you, M. Ryan?? Never heard of you.

Its a clan of puppets.

Sorry, I'm not part of the "in" crowd anymore. Just a face in the crowd, collecting my pension, who knows all the players. Every administration has had its followers. This one is no different. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Guest
I saw a rerun of "Trading Places" the other night, and you're right. It is Al Franken! And yes it is sad, but true.

But, I guess you must be glad you don't live in California.  :ph34r:

Jim Mangin

Hey Jim,

There's a spill in aisle six.

Guest M. Ryan
Hey Jim,

There's a spill in aisle six.

Amazing you have to laugh at the Santos followers and puppets. As you can see from the posts they get mad when Mangin tells the truth .As taxpayers we are in trouble if you are a follower of Santos or not YOU will be hit hard in the purse.Santos should admit he made many mistakes and step down but please dont let his puppets take over. A spill in a aisle is childish. Mangin has the knowledge to turn this town around and dont forget it.

Guest psych ward
Well its time someone calls the attorney general .

Okay, go ahead. What's stopping you? Dial 609-292-4925 and ask for Zulima. In case you don't know; and I'm confident you don't; she's the AG.

Who the hell is the person GUEST 99 ? Sounds like Al.

Don't be so formal. You can call me Guest 99 or just plain 99 if you like. All the caps aren't necessary. Why does  my identity concern you? Does it lead to credibility? Would you believe me if I revealed who I am?

Al?! No! The Mayor has never posted in here, and never will. Besides, I have a better sense of humor than Al and Jim combined. Then again, that's like adding zero and zero, isn't it?

If you have nothing to hide post your real name!

I have nothing to hide. Protect, maybe, but not to hide. By the way, who are you, M. Ryan?? Never heard of you.

Its a clan of puppets.

Sorry, I'm not part of the "in" crowd anymore. Just a face in the crowd, collecting my pension, who knows all the players. Every administration has had its followers. This one is no different. :lol:  :lol:  :o

For years I have counseled people like you . You are unhappy and you crave power because you lack it.You follow because you can not lead . To support a person and admire them is fine but your problem is deep I suggest you retire from the web and seek help.

Guest Guest 99
For years I have counseled people like you . You are unhappy and you crave power because you lack it.You follow because you can not lead . To support a person and admire them is fine  but your problem is deep I suggest you retire from the web and seek help.

Au contraire, my friend, I am quite happy. Perhaps a glance in the mirror will reveal your next client. :rolleyes::lol::)

Jim, please don't quote me out of context. I did not say, "there are issues and problems at town hall". What I did say was, "True, if we all are to believe you, there are issues and problems at town hall". "If we all are to believe you". And, if we are to believe you, why has there been no investigation into these charges? Have you written any letters to Trenton recently? :rolleyes:  :lol:  :)

I didn't quote you out of context.

You said, "If we all are to believe you, there are issues and problems at town hall."

You did write that, didn't you?

So, all I have to do is get you to believe me and you'll admit "there are issues and problems at town hall." Fair enough. I'll take that challenge.

I listed several (but not all) of the Mayor's financial mistakes. We'll save the non-financial mistakes for another day.

You tell me which of these mistakes you don't believe and I'll cut and paste the proof here for you (and all) to see.

Or, you could not take this challenge and just admit that the Mayor has made a few doozies since he's been in office.

Jim Mangin

ps - I'm waiting.

Guest wondering
I didn't quote you out of context.

You said, "If we all are to believe you, there are issues and problems at town hall."

You did write that, didn't you?

So, all I have to do is get you to believe me and you'll admit "there are issues and problems at town hall." Fair enough. I'll take that challenge.

I listed several (but not all) of the Mayor's financial mistakes. We'll save the non-financial mistakes for another day.

You tell me which of these mistakes you don't believe and I'll cut and paste the proof here for you (and all) to see.

Or, you could not take this challenge and just admit that the Mayor has made a few doozies since he's been in office.

Jim Mangin

ps - I'm waiting.

What about all that information coming out of Town hall that was gathered during offical investigations. All the lies are catching up.

Guest Catch 22
Are you now saying that Councilwoman Pettigrew never came to your house? I beleive she was there, but was not allowed entry do to the environmental issues. True?

The Mayor refused your request for a letter to Trenton because you were already in the process of filing a law suit against the town and I know he said something to the affect that it was not the towns place to supply you with material for the suit, but that he would make calls. True? :(  :P  ;)

I am curious what environmental issues would keep Ms. Pettigrew from entering the house and who stopped her from entering? Guest 99 do you perhaps know, does anyone?

Guest Guest 99
I am curious what environmental issues would keep Ms. Pettigrew from entering the house and who stopped her from entering? Guest 99 do you perhaps know, does anyone?

It was after a flooding incident and I believe it was the HazMat unit of the KFD who denied entry by the Councilwoman. :blink::(:P

Guest M. Ryan

I would ask the residents why? It was not okay for a POLITICIAN to enter but it was okay for residents. Doesnt make sense!!!!!! I think the politicians should stay away from this issue. WHY NOT THEY DID FOR 5 YEARS.Left the residents hanging!!

Archived