political intimidation?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

30 untenured teachers were told they wouldn't have jobs next year. then an invitation to help the mayor with his campaign mysteriously appeared in their mailboxes. the coward mayor is going to gamble with your kids futures to win an election? if funding really is the issue maybe he could have janitors change lightbulbs instead of paying an electrician, or better yet, save two teachers jobs with mike dologhans newly acquired salary. typical harrison political bs.

Guest Guest

I think it was closer to 40 teachers fired. What are our schools going to look like next year? There will be 40 kids in a classroom. No extra services to help out needy kids. How can this happen?

Guest Guest
30 untenured teachers were told they wouldn't have jobs next year. then an invitation to help the mayor with his campaign mysteriously appeared in their mailboxes. the coward mayor is going to gamble with your kids futures to win an election? if funding really is the issue maybe he could have janitors change lightbulbs instead of paying an electrician, or better yet, save two teachers jobs with mike dologhans newly acquired salary. typical harrison political bs.

I heard the invitation was put into the teacher's mailboxes by the president of the teachers union, Mr. Landy. I guess he got bought out! Teachers forget about any decent contract from now on! How can they fire teachers in the morning and ask for help on election day in the afternoon? Is it to get them all to feel obligated to help to get their jobs back? This tactic alone should be enough to piss people off. How can they mess with people's lives and emotions like that?

Guest Guest

McDonough really wants to win this election. (I wonder why?) Mike HInch called this in his newletter a week earlier. Get rid of the $80,000 a year secretaries, not the teachers. Mike you just got our votes..

Guest Disgrace

It was all perfect timing. He handed the teachers their letter indicating on the bottom that the budget can and will be reevaluated and teachers will most likely get rehired. He will use that as one of his platforms for his reelection and when the state approves the extra money (which is most likely already in the works) he will take credit for it.

I wonder if his niece also received a letter - she is tenured?????? If she did I'm sure she will be one of the first hired back when those who are close to their tenured are overlooked because of thier lack of political connections.

Shame on you for soliciting these young individuals to attend your cocktail party. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I hope several of these well qualified teachers find job elsewhere where they are better respected.

My best to all of those who did not deserve this!

Guest guest
I heard the invitation was put into the teacher's mailboxes by the president of the teachers union, Mr. Landy.  I guess he got bought out!  Teachers forget about any decent contract from now on!  How can they fire teachers in the morning and ask for help on election day in the afternoon?  Is it to get them all to feel obligated to help to get their jobs back?  This tactic alone should be enough to piss people off.  How can they mess with people's lives and emotions like that?

I can not understand why you mess around with the schools and the health department, the people that are baing punish are the children and the senior citizens, don't you have a better way to win the elention? ( if you do) that is very sad.

Guest Guest

My advice to young teachers is to pay the shakedown to the organization by buying those cocktail party tickets. Then throw a couple of dollars to Hinchy and work your butts off for Him.

Oh! While your at it eat and drink all you can at the shakedown cocktail party.

Guest guest
I think it was closer to 40 teachers fired.  What are our schools going to look like next year?  There will be 40 kids in a classroom.  No extra services to help out needy kids.  How can this happen?

The kids pay the price once again! What will 40 kids in a classroom learn? one teacher in a classroom with 40 kids is not going to work. They are paying a guy 80,000.00 to be head of the janitors, the police don't even get paid that much and their lives are in danger all the time. I don't think Corzine has kids either and that just goes to show you that kids just don't matter, they complain about the test scores well lets just see how good the test scores are with 40 kids to a class. Get out your writing pads and pens and start with Corzine and work your way down the line of misfits. Start putting things in the local newspaper and draw as much attention to this madness as you can. Nothing works in this state anymore, the people that need help and are at least trying don't get helped, but if you are a crackhead you get everythign handed to you. Lets face it it is time for a change and I hope everyone gets out to vote this crew out.

Guest Guest
I think it was closer to 40 teachers fired.  What are our schools going to look like next year?  There will be 40 kids in a classroom.  No extra services to help out needy kids.  How can this happen?

It's because McDumb has no children, and he doesn't need these teachers cause they don't live in Harrison... THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON NEED TO STOP THIS POLITICAL INTIMIDATION..........

Guest Guest
McDonough really wants to win this election. (I wonder why?) Mike HInch called this in his newletter a week earlier. Get rid of the $80,000 a year secretaries, not the teachers. Mike you just got our votes..

I agree with you there is a lot more waste that can be cleaned out before touching teachers. The scores are low already how can less teachers and more kids per class help? Where is the money coming from? the tax payers? We already pay through our noses because of all the poorly spent money. I am sure they knew the money was gone and this day was coming. What kind of back up plan did they have? FIRE TEACHERS! POOR! More votes for Mr. Hinchclif

Guest Guest

Mike Dolaghan's $87,000 position is nothing compared to the new position of, Assistant to the Secretary of the Board of Education. This position didn't even exist until last year. All the state money being pumped into Harrison's Schools is going to political administrative jobs, not kids or classrooms.

Guest Guest

wot about the certain wannabe who threatened another town employee because they did not want a McDonough sign on their porch. they claimed that they were responsible for their family member's (earned by the way) promotion.

Guest Guest
It was all perfect timing.  He handed the teachers their letter indicating on the bottom that the budget can and will be reevaluated and teachers will most likely get rehired.  He will use that as one of his platforms for his reelection and when the state approves the extra money (which is most likely already in the works) he will take credit for it.

I wonder if his niece also received a letter - she is tenured??????  If she did I'm sure she will be one of the first hired back when those who are close to their tenured are overlooked because of thier lack of political connections.

Shame on you for soliciting these young individuals to attend your cocktail party.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't.  I hope several of these well qualified teachers find job elsewhere where they are better respected.

My best to all of those who did not deserve this!

That is exactly what he will do. He will have them kissing his a** to get their jobs back. They will all be prisoners having to go to the cocktail party and help his campaign on election day. I hope the parents who see their child's teacher there feel sorry for them and vote to free them. The teachers that were not fired will also feel the same way. They fear being moved from their positions if the entire district is revamped.

This is all looking like a political game. He wont be able to do anything that Hinchcliff cant do too. If the money is really gone, well then it is. If not, it will be coming regardless of who is the mayor. However, this messing with the teachers, parents and students was a really stupid move. I hope the citizens remember this on election day. Vote to get corruption out! Mr. Hinchcliff, I just took my Mc Donough sign down. (not that it meant anything)

Guest Guest

The president of the teacher' union should have been more concerned with the fact that 40 teachers were fired then with sending letters to the teachers to volunteer their time to McDonough on election day. Let's see what would Mr. Landy be looking for that he was promised as an exchange for this cowardly act? Oh! An administrator's position a certain coaching position? Let's see what happens!

Guest Guest
My advice to young teachers is to pay the shakedown to the organization by buying those cocktail party tickets. Then throw a couple of dollars to Hinchy and  work your butts off for Him.

Oh! While your at it eat and drink all you can at the shakedown cocktail party.

LOVE IT! Shake down cocktail party! Eat and be Merry then backstab as they did to you. Sweet revenge. Most of you don't vote in town but you can do exactly what the above post said. Get some cash to Hinchy to fund his campaign (if you are afraid of writing a check) Get the word out. Talk to anyone you know in Harrison and get your vote out that way. Its your only chance to work in a place that respects you and doesnt use you like a pawn.

My heart goes out to ALL you teachers- Fired or not. Hang in there as the answer to this distressed city is on its way. The next time you support a mayor it will be because you want to not because you have been strongarmed into it. Seize any opportunity to get MIKE HINCHLIFFE ELECTED.

Guest Guest
Mike Dolaghan's $87,000 position is nothing compared to the new position of, Assistant to the Secretary of the Board of Education.  This position didn't even exist until last year.  All the state money being pumped into Harrison's Schools is going to political administrative jobs, not kids or classrooms.

Well, we just found the money to keep at least 5 teachers. So simple.

Guest Guest

Why was a sign screwed into the siding at my place of buisness without my permission? Now when I get water damage from the holes, who will pay for the repair?

Guest guest
If the teachers had any stones they would walk off the job now!!!!!!!

If they remove Mrs Botch from the Principal position i will be striking in front of that school in September she is an asset to that school.

Guest GUEST
The kids pay the price once again! What will 40 kids in a classroom learn? one teacher in a classroom with 40 kids is not going to work. They are paying a guy 80,000.00 to be head of the janitors, the police don't even get paid that much and their lives are in danger all the time. I don't think Corzine has kids either and that just goes to show you that kids just don't matter, they complain about the test scores well lets just see how good the test scores are with 40 kids to a class. Get out your writing pads and pens and start with Corzine and work your way down the line of misfits. Start putting things in the local newspaper and draw as much attention to this madness as you can. Nothing works in this state anymore, the people that need help and are at least trying don't get helped, but if you are a crackhead you get everythign handed to you. Lets face it it is time for a change and I hope everyone gets out to vote this crew out.

CORZINE IS DEVORCED AND HAS 2 OLDER TEENAGERS. I REMEMBER SEEING THE DAUGHTER ON THE TV WHEN HE WAS SWORN IN. THEY DON'T LIVE WITH HIM.

Guest Guest
The president of the teacher' union should have been more concerned with the fact that 40 teachers were fired then with sending letters to the teachers to volunteer their time to McDonough on election day.  Let's see what would Mr. Landy be looking for that he was promised as an exchange for this cowardly act?  Oh! An administrator's position a certain coaching position?  Let's see what happens!

IS THAT **** *****? I GUESS HE IS PLAYING GAMES JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE POLITICIANS, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF..... ALL FOR ANOTHER POSITION OR WHAT? KEEP PLAYING

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
I can not understand why you mess around with the schools and the health department, the people that are baing punish are the children and the senior citizens, don't you  have a better way to win the elention?  ( if you do)  that is very sad.

If you read a real newspaper you would see that this is what the state wants, not the town, and it's not just Harrison. It's the Governor that you probably also voted for.

Guest Guest
If you read a real newspaper you would see that this is what the state wants, not the town, and it's not just Harrison.  It's the Governor that you probably also voted for.

oh please, the town will take advantage of the situation. Guarantee that rehiring of the teachers will happen before election so that they can take credit for solving the problem. Then, everyone and especially the teachers will be so grateful and therefore obligated to follow the SAVIOR. I sure hope that this just made everyone really mad and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Mr. Hinchcliffe, show them how its done.

Guest Guest
It's because McDumb has no children, and he doesn't need these teachers cause they don't live in Harrison... THE PEOPLE OF HARRISON NEED TO STOP THIS POLITICAL INTIMIDATION..........

Henchy doesn't have kids either.

Archived