kearny stores

pissed off American

Guest Guest

I know people keep saying well our families were all immigrants at one time so there's no difference. In my opinion the difference is they were not so arrogant . They seem to feel entitled to special treatment and make their own rules. Frankly, if you're here legally, pay your taxes and social security, god bless. Otherwise, deportation should be the answer. Now since they made small amounts of cocaine, heroin and pot legal in Mexico, maybe a whole bunck of folks willbe headed there.

Guest Guest

Nope, I don't know what tolerance is.... I do know that other nationalities got by speaking broken English without the help of bi-lingual signs....Everything is handed on a golden platter to todays illegal immigrants. If you are comparing the immigrants of 100 years ago to todays influx of illegals you're in some type of fantasy world. You keep paying your taxes for their medical care and education..I prefer not to. No wonder the BOE budget loses every year...America has become the clearinghouse of the world at the expense of the American citizens and taxpayers....There is no room for tolerance when laws are broken. The rule of law is a fundamental of the country. Boy, do these bleeding heart liberals need an education..And you know nothing about assimilating as evidenced by your remarks...

Have you ever heard of the word,TOLERANCE?

sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own.

My great grandparents emigrated from Italy in 1906 and did not speak English. My great grandfather made his living operating a roasted peanuts cart in NYC and my great grandmother dedicated her life to raising 5 AMERICAN children. They did so knowing very little English. They were successful in spite of their language skills because of their determination, the support they received from others in the Italian community, and the support the received from their English speaking children. They died in the mid 70's still only speaking broken English. Their lack of mastering the English language was not due to resistance or laziness. These two very bright people sacrificed their own comfort and understanding for the sake of their children.

Just because someone in front of you at the post office requires at little more attention or needs to spoken to a little slower doesn't mean they are not assimilating. There are times when I need to have things that I don't understand repeated to me because of my lack of understanding. But I suppose as high minded as you are you would tell me to get out of the country too!

If the lack of English speaking establishments is a concern for you, than do something about it. Might I suggest quitting your job, and buying a business? Then not only would you have taken a stand on an issue that is so important to you but you also would’ve taken action.

Archived