VOTE NO TO GAULTONS SWEET DEAL

Guest ANGRY TAXPAYER

Guest ANGRY TAXPAYER

VOTE NO ON GAULTONS SWEET BUYOUT DEAL. VOTE NO ON THE BUDGET. JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT OUR TAX MONEY DOESN'T GO TO KIDS IT GOES TO RICH FATCATS LIKE GAULTON AND DEGESERE. VOTE NO AND BURY THIS BUYOUT DEAL. VOTE NO FOR CANDIDATES THAT SUPPORT THIS TRAVSTY.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
VOTE NO ON GAULTONS SWEET BUYOUT DEAL. VOTE NO ON THE BUDGET. JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT OUR TAX MONEY DOESN'T GO TO KIDS IT GOES TO RICH FATCATS LIKE GAULTON AND DEGESERE. VOTE NO AND BURY THIS BUYOUT DEAL. VOTE NO FOR CANDIDATES THAT SUPPORT THIS TRAVSTY.

You are STUPID!! Just becaues you don't like a leagl retirement pack, we're to vote no on the entire budget? GROW UP STUPID!!!!

Guest Guest

Please explain how "Degesere" fits in this post?

Guest Knowing
Please explain how "Degesere" fits in this post?

He fits because he is another one who will walk away with a big fat check for sick days. This is the deal he negotiated for the administrators several years ago and no board member has ever had the b.....s to change it. So yeah it's legal, but I'm talking thousand and thousands. The taxpayers have no idea and they keep voting for the same people over and over.

Guest Concerned

My taxes went up and they are going up again to pay this guy $574.00 a day for sick time? BULL---- There are families that don't make that in one week. My question is this Are we out of our minds to pay this kind of salary and retirement package I know I didn't vote for that, this is why this town is in so much trouble.

If this man accumulated all this sick time fine, why should he get more? I think that the entire Board of Ed. should be revamped.I don't have chidren in school anymore, but when I did (1990) salaries like this were only dreamt about. I wouldn't vote yes on this budget if it was the last thing I could do. The money belongs to the better education of children, not to the retirement package of anyone. The teachers and aides are the ones who deserve any type of package, and beleive me it's no where near that! Wake up and smell the rotten roses ;)

My taxes went up and they are going up again to pay this guy $574.00 a day for sick time? BULL---- There are families that don't make that in one week. My question is this Are we out of our minds to pay this kind of salary and retirement package I know I didn't vote for that, this is why this town is in so much trouble.

If this man accumulated all this sick time fine, why should he get more? I think that the entire Board of Ed. should be revamped.I don't have chidren in school anymore, but when I did (1990) salaries like this were only dreamt about. I wouldn't vote yes on this budget if it was the last thing I could do. The money belongs to the better education of children, not to the retirement package of anyone. The teachers and aides are the ones who deserve any type of package, and beleive me it's no where near that! Wake up and smell the rotten roses ;)

Sounds like the words of the Mailman, could it be you waterboy? Lmao

Guest Guest
He fits because he is another one who will walk away with a big fat check for sick days.

Are you sure about that? I believe he forfeits the sick days by moving to another district. He also forfeits his tenure.

Also, do you think only Kearny pays for accumulated sick days?

Guest Guest
Are you sure about that?  I believe he forfeits the sick days by moving to another district.  He also forfeits his tenure.

I think so. Many districts have it forfeited upon retirement, but I think Kearny's is upon leaving the district. Believe me he wouldn't give this benefit because it's a years salary, well over a $100,000. Yes, he does give up tenure for a negotiated contract with Bloomfield (those contracts are usually 3 yrs.) He'll only be there a few years.

Guest guest

The only thing that was accomplished by printing that article in the paper was to make people angry enough to defeat the budget!!! This info should have been published when the deal was done.....not a few days before the election.

It just goes to show that this ticket does not care about the budget, just their personal agenda as usual. Then they got the nerve to send out mailings stating important tax info included. What a hoax!!! These guys just want the power to keep their friends happy in no show jobs that pay big bucks. Maybe if they would do what they are supposed to do and stop harassing the teachers on Fridays and playing politics, ours schools would be better off. The only thing you are accomplishing by hanging around on a friday is showing our young teachers that our BOE is a joke. Get the hint and stay away you don't belong there!!!! Go hang with your buddy who invited you there and now doesn't show up. He's the only one who can tolerate you....and we all know that is only for his personal agenda as well.

We need people who care about our kids......not these guys who are just on a power trip. This deal with Les is done but let's not let that effect how to vote on Tuesday.

Guest Guest
You are STUPID!! Just becaues you don't like a leagl retirement pack, we're to vote no on the entire budget? GROW UP STUPID!!!!

Legal? Maybe technically. But they had to credit him the extra years because he didn't make 20. Also, they normally only pay for up to 200 sick days. Sweet Les wanted his other 38 paid for also. And you've got to wonder how many times he was out of the office and didn't actually use sick time.

But I guess like Mary says, there is nothing out of the ordinary here.

And you should learn to spell before you call others stupid. :lol:

Guest Guest
The only thing that was accomplished by printing that article in the paper was to make people angry enough to defeat the budget!!!  This info should have been published when the deal was done.....not a few days before the election. 

It just goes to show that this ticket does not care about the budget, just their personal agenda as usual.  Then they got the nerve to send out mailings stating important tax info included. What a hoax!!!  These guys just want the power to keep their friends happy in no show jobs that pay big bucks. Maybe if they would do what they are supposed to do and stop harassing the teachers on Fridays and playing politics, ours schools would be better off. The only thing you are accomplishing by hanging around on a friday is showing our young teachers that our BOE is a joke. Get the hint and stay away you don't belong there!!!! Go hang with your buddy who invited you there and now doesn't show up. He's the only one who can tolerate you....and we all know that is only for his personal agenda as well. 

We need people who care about our kids......not these guys who are just on a power trip. This deal with Les is done but let's not let that effect how to vote on Tuesday.

How many election cycles in a row was the budget defeated ?

I think so. Many districts have it forfeited upon retirement, but I think Kearny's is upon leaving the district.  Believe me he wouldn't give this benefit because it's a years salary, well over a $100,000.  Yes, he does give up tenure for a negotiated contract with Bloomfield (those contracts are usually 3 yrs.)  He'll only be there a few years.

This is a good question. Is the Sick Leave benefit paid to everyone who leaves, or only to those who retire? Which does the contract say?

Actually, it says both. In one section of the contract it says the benefit is forfeited when the individual chooses to leave the district. In another section it states that the benefit is paid to individuals that leave the Kearny school system, but doesn't specify their reason for leaving.

Bottom line - he'll get it. This contract is currently being re-negotiated. In my opinion this whole Sick Leave benefit needs to be eliminated. At the very least, this question needs to be clarified.

Jim Mangin

ps - I welcome any questions about this "Sick Leave Buy-Out." I've been whining about it for almost 10 years now. And I still believe it is the biggest waste of taxpayer dollars and the number one reason why budgets fail when presented to the voters.

How many election cycles in a row was the budget defeated ?

The last time a school budget passed in Kearny was 1998, but that year there was also a second question regarding 22 positions that would be eliminated if voted down. That question was voted down (twice). But no one was laid off. Several positions were eliminated through attrition and Senator Sacco came through with an additional $300,000 in state aid.

The budget also passed in 1997, 1996, and 1995. It was defeated for many years prior to 1995, but I don't remember exactly how many.

Jim Mangin

ps - Ironically, Senator Sacco never received recognition for this aid. But Senator Kenny of Hoboken did.

Guest Guest

Does anyone know if it's true that Sweet Les is being kept on as a consultant to train the next con-artist at $500+ per day?

Also, is it true that two soon to be former BOE members are going for his job?

Do the butts of Kearny's taxpayers ever get sore? :huh:

Guest Guest
The only thing that was accomplished by printing that article in the paper was to make people angry enough to defeat the budget!!!  This info should have been published when the deal was done.....not a few days before the election. 

It just goes to show that this ticket does not care about the budget, just their personal agenda as usual.  Then they got the nerve to send out mailings stating important tax info included. What a hoax!!!  These guys just want the power to keep their friends happy in no show jobs that pay big bucks. Maybe if they would do what they are supposed to do and stop harassing the teachers on Fridays and playing politics, ours schools would be better off. The only thing you are accomplishing by hanging around on a friday is showing our young teachers that our BOE is a joke. Get the hint and stay away you don't belong there!!!! Go hang with your buddy who invited you there and now doesn't show up. He's the only one who can tolerate you....and we all know that is only for his personal agenda as well. 

Why shouldn't the truth be told and let the voters decide what is best for them. You sound too authoritarian to me which of the opposition are you, big mystery. You make the teachers out to be mindless if you have a drink with someone your not joined at the hip are you. How far would you go for one drink I think you showed that when you voted to give Les the money honey.

Guest Guest

Where is the US attorney when you need him I think Tony Soprano is on the BOE and Paulie Walnuts is the Administrator what a cast of characters we'll let you play Vito

Guest Guest
Are you sure about that?  I believe he forfeits the sick days by moving to another district.  He also forfeits his tenure.

I don't care whatt other towns pay!!!

I tired of getting the screw in Kearny.

Guest BOARDROOM BALISTICS

HEY, IS IT TRUE THAT A BOE MEMBER WENT BISERK AT A MEETING, SCREAMING AND YELLING LIKE A NUT AT ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER????????

A MALE MEMBER, TELLING A FEMALE MEMBER TO SHUT HER BIG FAT MOUTH?????

WHAT A DISGRACE.........OH POUR KEARNY BOE, YOU'RE IN TROUBLE!!!

Guest guest
HEY, IS IT TRUE THAT A BOE MEMBER WENT BISERK AT A MEETING, SCREAMING AND YELLING LIKE A NUT AT ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER????????

A MALE MEMBER, TELLING A FEMALE MEMBER TO SHUT HER BIG FAT MOUTH?????

WHAT A DISGRACE.........OH POUR KEARNY BOE, YOU'RE IN TROUBLE!!!

Well thats sounds like my kind of meeting, any video? :blink::lol:

Guest Guest
This is a good question. Is the Sick Leave benefit paid to everyone who leaves, or only to those who retire? Which does the contract say?

Actually, it says both. In one section of the contract it says the benefit is forfeited when the individual chooses to leave the district. In another section it states that the benefit is paid to individuals that leave the Kearny school system, but doesn't specify their reason for leaving.

Bottom line - he'll get it. This contract is currently being re-negotiated. In my opinion this whole Sick Leave benefit needs to be eliminated. At the very least, this question needs to be clarified.

Jim Mangin 

ps - I welcome any questions about this "Sick Leave Buy-Out." I've been whining about it for almost 10 years now. And I still believe it is the biggest waste of taxpayer dollars and the number one reason why budgets fail when presented to the voters.

I have no problem with employees being paid a retirment package including payment for unused sick days, but there should be a cut off.  For years now, this clause has existed and it was negotiated by Degesere for the benefit of Valenzola when he retired and of course, when Frank was ready to leave it was there for him too.  It's sinful that they are getting about a year's salary when they leave for sick time. This is crazy!

Guest Guest

The worse part of the whole deal is that Les didn't earn his sick leave pay because he didn't put in 20 years. The BOE gave him credit for 20 years because of all of his "hard work".

And he's still going to have his hand in the taxpayers pocket as a paid consultant for the next few months, at $500 a day.

Sweeeet!

The worse part of the whole deal is that Les didn't earn his sick leave pay because he didn't put in 20 years.  The BOE gave him credit for 20 years because of all of his "hard work".

And he's still going to have his hand in the taxpayers pocket as a paid consultant for the next few months, at $500 a day.

Sweeeet!

The Kearny DPW is paid for 120 Days or a half a years pay.

Archived