the real new stadium

Guest positive

Guest 2smart4u
MLSnet.com: How involved was the club in the sale talks and how does the sale affect the Harrison stadium?

AL: This was a deal between AEG and Red Bull. Phil Anschutz has been an incredible crusader for this sport and has done more than we could ever repay with regards to pushing this sport and developing this sport on and off the field. Having said that, the plan to have one team and one owner is very real and this is a part of that process. I think that it's important.

You can't talk about this deal without talking about the effect that it has on our stadium in Harrison (N.J.) for 2008. Red Bull not only bought the team, but bought 50 percent of the stadium and the naming rights. This enables us to get the stadium in Harrison done for 2008 and it is going to be phenomenal. It's going to be a stadium the likes of which we've never seen in this country.

" This enables US " ??? Who the f--k is "us" ??? Certainly not the taxpayers of Harrison who will be paying the 40 MILLION DOLLAR LOAN through their taxes. You must mean the mayor and council who went behind the backs of the town residents when they borrowed the 40 million and possibly more without asking the town residents what they thought.

"It is going to be phenominal" ??? Again, who gives a f--k !!! The stadium will not belong to the town, nor will the town share in it's profits. The only thing the town residents will share is the traffic, noise, pollution and parking problems. If you think that's "phenomenal", then you need to put the Kool-Aid down.

Guest Angry Taxpayer
MLSnet.com: How involved was the club in the sale talks and how does the sale affect the Harrison stadium?

AL: This was a deal between AEG and Red Bull. Phil Anschutz has been an incredible crusader for this sport and has done more than we could ever repay with regards to pushing this sport and developing this sport on and off the field. Having said that, the plan to have one team and one owner is very real and this is a part of that process. I think that it's important.

You can't talk about this deal without talking about the effect that it has on our stadium in Harrison (N.J.) for 2008. Red Bull not only bought the team, but bought 50 percent of the stadium and the naming rights. This enables us to get the stadium in Harrison done for 2008 and it is going to be phenomenal. It's going to be a stadium the likes of which we've never seen in this country.

Mayor, stop blowing your own horn. Nobody's buying that line of s--t. Your reign of secrecy and behind the scenes dealings is coming to a close. We're taking our town back.

Guest Cory Booker

Cory Booker realizes that the Devil's arena in Newark is also a mistake. In today's paper he says

The arena, he said, "is painful to watch as it happens. ... The city needs so much help in other areas. ... Can it be stopped? We don't know because we haven't seen all the documents."

If there is a cost effective way, without perilous legal exposure, to get out of the arena, Booker said, "we'll do it."

He met with a nonprofit group last week who showed him how to leverage $10 million of public funds into $100 million of private investment. "Can you imagine what we could have done with the $300 million for the arena?"

And what could be done with the 24-acre site that's already been bought, cleaned and cleared for the arena?

see article at Star Ledger Article

Hopefully Hinchcliffe can come in and put a stop to McDonough's plan to ruin Harrison with a soccer stadium that generates no money for Harrison. The stadium cannot even service its own debt.

Its like buying a 20 family house whose rents do not even cover the interest (not the principal) payment.

Guest Cory Booker
Cory Booker realizes that the Devil's arena in Newark is also a mistake.  In today's paper he says

The arena, he said, "is painful to watch as it happens. ... The city needs so much help in other areas. ... Can it be stopped? We don't know because we haven't seen all the documents."

If there is a cost effective way, without perilous legal exposure, to get out of the arena, Booker said, "we'll do it."

He met with a nonprofit group last week who showed him how to leverage $10 million of public funds into $100 million of private investment. "Can you imagine what we could have done with the $300 million for the arena?"

And what could be done with the 24-acre site that's already been bought, cleaned and cleared for the arena?

Hopefully Hinchcliffe can come in and put a stop to McDonough's plan to ruin Harrison with a soccer stadium that generates no money for Harrison.  The stadium cannot even service its own debt.

Its like buying a 20 family house whose rents do not even cover the interest (not the principal) payment.

To finish my thought, the headaches of putting up with 20 tenants does not have a pay off. You can put up with 20 tenants asking you to fix this or that and complaining about something if you'remaking a profit. But if you have no hope of making a profit, why bother. The MetroStar / Red Bull stadium is exactly that a 20 tenant apartment building that is costing the taxpayers of Harrison a lot of money and causing big headaches (traffic, extra police, fire and EMT expenses, DPW expenses).

Guest Guest
Cory Booker realizes that the Devil's arena in Newark is also a mistake.  In today's paper he says

Hopefully Hinchcliffe can come in and put a stop to McDonough's plan to ruin Harrison with a soccer stadium that generates no money for Harrison.  The stadium cannot even service its own debt.

thankfully the arena won't begin its building phase by the june primaries. make the right decision come election time and we may be able to salvage what is left.

Guest 2smart4u
thankfully the arena won't begin its building phase by the june primaries. make the right decision come election time and we may be able to salvage what is left.

It depends on whether the various contracts have been signed. If they've been signed, it may be too late. This arena in Newark and the soccer stadium in Harrison are nothing more than monuments to the egos of these mayors.

Newark's roads are in bad shape, their fleet of fire trucks is falling apart, fire houses are falling down, police cars are beat up, and on and on. But all Sharpe cares about is this monument that he can point to and say, "I built that" !!

Harrison's situation is the same. There are so many more important human needs than a soccer stadium. Kids going to school in trailers, no recreation space, inadequate police quarters to name a few. But a freakin soccer stadium that Harrison won't own or share profits from, is more important ?? Again, the mayor can point to it and say, "I built that" An ego is not a positive quality in government.

Guest Guest
Speaking of flushing Mr. Happy ,I've been jerking your chain pretty good haven't I?

You see,I don't care about all the crap you want to focus on.I trying to tell you ,you got something for your money.You're just too political to see the good.Back to the bathroom metaphors you're pissed.

So get on with your bad self.give yourself the serenity to accept the things you can't change.Life's too short ,pull your head out of the toilet

and enjoy life.

Your not the only one jerking our chain, the mayor, council, and Red Bull are also doing a fine job,

PS Don't forget to flush twice, the mayor, most of the council, and Tom Powell are depending on it.

Guest Guest
It depends on whether the various contracts have been signed. If they've been signed, it may be too late. This arena in Newark and the soccer stadium in Harrison are nothing more than monuments to the egos of these mayors.

Newark's roads are in bad shape, their fleet of fire trucks is falling apart, fire houses are falling down, police cars are beat up, and on and on. But all Sharpe cares about is this monument that he can point to and say, "I built that" !!

Harrison's situation is the same. There are so many more important human needs than a soccer stadium. Kids going to school in trailers, no recreation space, inadequate police quarters to name a few. But a freakin soccer stadium that Harrison won't own or share profits from, is more important ?? Again, the mayor can point to it and say, "I built that"  An ego is not a positive quality in government.

you morons took a topic about THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM and turn it into a red bulls/ devil arena forum.Try reading the freaking topic before you start spewing your hate.THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM freakin' exists and it will be the nicest thing in this community for years to come.Forget the politics for about 30 seconds and look around you.You dumb asses are so worried about two stadiums that don't exist and may never exist

Guest Angry Taxpayer

Harrison's situation is the same. There are so many more important human needs than a soccer stadium. Kids going to school in trailers, no recreation space, inadequate police quarters to name a few. But a freakin soccer stadium that Harrison won't own or share profits from, is more important ?? Again, the mayor can point to it and say, "I built that"  An ego is not a positive quality in government.

Bingo !! You nailed it. It's a shame that personal agendas and ego's are more important than the citizens welfare. This man took an oath of office to uphold the duties and responsibilities of the office of mayor. I wonder if the word "ego" appears anywhere among the duties.

Guest Guest
you morons took a topic about THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM and turn it into a red bulls/ devil arena forum.Try reading the freaking topic before you start spewing your hate.THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL STADIUM freakin' exists and it will be the nicest thing in this community for years to come.Forget the politics for about 30 seconds and look around you.You dumb asses are so worried about two stadiums that don't exist and may never exist

B**e Me!!!!! :lol::P:lol::PB):lol::P

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Guest
Bingo !!  You nailed it.  It's a shame that personal agendas and ego's are more important than the citizens welfare. This man took an oath of office to uphold the duties and responsibilities of the office of mayor. I wonder if the word "ego" appears anywhere among the duties.

hey j.o. you didn't nail it... wrong topic

Guest Guest

Speaking of morons, lets get this straight. I pay my water tax, and I get water, I pay the tax on my phone and I get to make calls, I pay the tax on cigarettes and get to smoke ETC, ETC. I pay my income tax and sale tax and the town gets a new school. Why is this a bargain. You make it sound like the school if free. If there's a moron here, it's you.

Archived