Friends of Harrison P.A.C.

I would like to thank everyone who attended the meeting.

One of the concerns was not having our voice heard in town hall. I promised I would have an answer A.S.A.P. here it is.

To have something placed on the Agenda for a town meeting, I was told to do the following:

Put your request in writing to the attention of the Mayor or Paul Zarbetski. This request should be turned in at least two weeks prior to the meeting. This is to allow the council & mayor to research your request. This information was given to me by calling :Harrison Town Clerk

318 Harrison Ave, Harrison, NJ 973-268-2425

Other issues brought up at the meeting were:

Parking in town

Litter all over the streets (especially around the new High School on Schyler)

The way the town council is so careless with the budget

The Soccer Stadium

Cleaning Graffiti around the Path stop

Redevelopment and Developers Greed

Encouraging Candidates to run for office

We will be looking into these issues more closely in the up coming weeks. We will also start to promote the Friends of Harrison P.A.C. throughout the town in means other than KOTW.

For those who have expressed interest in attending, but were not able to attend, we will be having another meeting Tuesday, April 11 at 7:00pm in the Spanish Pavillion.

Guest guest

THE ISSUES YOU BROUGHT UP LAST NIGHT AT YOUR MEETING WHERE BROUGHT UP WITH THE CHIEF KEARNS MONTHS AGO.WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF.WHO CARES ABOUT YOU AND YOUR PAC GIVE ME A BREAK.THE TOWN OF HARRISON WAS FINE BEFORE YOU AND IT WILL BE FINE AFTER YOU LEAVE AND GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY.THE LAST TIME WE CHECKED THIS IS AMERICA IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING MOVE ON OUT.

Guest Guest

This country was built on the imagination of so many nationalities, and it will continue to flourish because when it comes down to it, in the end, we all want the exact same things. There are many things going wrong in Harrison and just maybe if we all worked together for one Harrison things wouldn't be so out of control. Perhaps if the issues that were brought up at last nights meeting were addressed by the Chief they wouldn't have had to be discussed again, and I also think the last part of your statement " This is America, if you do not like what is happening move on out" should also apply to yourself. Move on out!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
THE ISSUES YOU BROUGHT UP LAST NIGHT AT YOUR MEETING WHERE BROUGHT UP WITH THE CHIEF KEARNS MONTHS AGO.WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF.WHO CARES ABOUT YOU AND YOUR PAC GIVE ME A BREAK.THE TOWN OF HARRISON WAS FINE BEFORE YOU AND IT WILL BE FINE AFTER YOU LEAVE AND GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY.THE LAST TIME WE CHECKED THIS IS AMERICA IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING MOVE ON OUT.

Is that your solution to everything? "If you don't like it go back to your country?" I believe America is Mr. Fernandez' country. In fact, America is everyone's country that is living here. On a side note, Mr. Fernandez was born here/ What other country are you speaking about?

If you are so naive to think that the town of Harrison is fine, then you are sailing on the good ship lollipop. Harrison has many problems, beginning with the increased water bill, and continuing on with the stupidity of trying to bring a stadium to this Town...

This IS America, which means we all have a right to stand up and do what is right. Why should anyone move out because they dont' like it. If everyone did that, there wouldn't be anyone left in this town other than the Mayor and his family. and a few other families that take up the town's employee list. It is good to see young people taking an interest in the Town of Harrison, and trying to do something about the issues that have irked many of us for quite a few years now. I think people have finally had enough and want to do something about it. They want to protect their investments, and their children; Two things the Mayor doesn't have experience in. Oh sure he has investments, but not in Harrison...try down the shore.

It is sad that people like you try to bring down people like Mr. Fernandez. Why does his PAC bother you so much? Do you have a town Job that you're worried about losing when the Mayor loses come this election? If I were you I'd be worried. People are fed up. And I believe this is the year that Harrison will begin with a clean slate.

Guest Guest

I have to agree to a certain extent. It just seems strange that Mr. Ferandez started this Political Action Committee when his father-in-law is running for Mayor. Where was he before this year? Personally, I think he feels by him doing this, this well get his father-in-law more votes. I know one thing he certainly does not have my vote.

Hey guest, or shall i say you fool. This is his country , he was born here. I guess Michael is hitting a nerve or maybe more than one. In this country that we all live in , we have all the right to fight for our rights and express what we feel is the right thing to do, from what you wrote and the way you typed it , it looks like you are scared of something. Go figure. Now crawl back into your hole with your cronies and good luck banging your heads against the wall trying to come up with a plan to stop Michael.

Guest Guest

Is this a monkey? :)

Guest Guest

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO TELL PEOPLE TO GO BACK TO WHERE THEY COME FROM? WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS OR PRODUCTS OF IMMIGRANTS, SO KEEP YOU BIG MOUTH SHUT YOU COWARD.... SHOW YOUR FACE, BUT I DO FEEL THAT I KNOW WHOM YOU ARE, UP IN THAT OFFICE IN THE TOWN HALL PLAYING WITH YOUR COMPUTER ON KOTW, AND DOING NOTHING TO BRING BUSINESS INTO THIS TOWN, ISN'T THAT YOUR JOB......YOU GET PAID TO DO NOTHING....... WAKE UP MAYOR......GET RID OF THE PEOPLE WHICH YOU HIRED TO DO NOTHING, JUST BECAUSE YOU OWED THEM... GET SOME QUALIFIED PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT PREJUDICE OR BIGGOTS OR FOR THAT MATTER COWARDS....

Guest guest
:):lol::o FOR YOUR INFORMATION WE WERE BORN AND RAISED HERE AND WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE YOU STARTED THIS P.A.C. BUT GUESS WHAT WE WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OUR YOUR P.A.C.YOU FATHER IN LAW THINKS HE WILL BE NEXT MAYOR THINK AGAIN NOT IN MILLION YEARS.THIS TOWN OF HARRISON WAS FINE UNTIL YOU PEOPLE MOVED IN AND BROUGHT ALL THE TRASH WITH YOU.IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE TOWN YOU CAN ALWAYS MOVE WHERE YOU CAME FROM.THE LAST TIME WE CHECKED IT IS AMERICA FREEDOM OF SPEECH TO BAD FOR YOU.

Guest Guest_resident_*

WE MET WITH THE CHIEF OF POLICE AND DISCUSSED THE OTHER ISSUE OF THE LITTER ALL AROUND THE SCHOOL ON SCHULYER AVE AND THE PARKING ISSUE ALSO.WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO BUY VOTES JUST WONT HAPPEN.AS FAR AS ME MOVING JUST AINT HAPPENING ANYTIME SOON.BEEN HERE LONGER THAN YOU PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRY ARE ALIVE THAT IS IF YOU ARE EVEN ALIVE.TAKE THE NEXT BOAT BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND THEN THE TOWN WILL BE FINE IT WAS FINE FOR YEARS UNTIL THE BOAT BROUGHT ALL YOU PEOPLE OVER IN 80S.MOVING ON OUT FOR YOU ALL THAT DO NOT LIKE HARRISON NO LOSS OUR GAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest

GUESS WHAT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR FATHER-IN-LAW NOT IN A MILLION YEARS YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS.CRAWL BACK IN YOUR HOLE.WHEN ELECTION TIME COMES AROUND WE WILL VOTE THE OTHER WAY.YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF.NO VOTE HERE ANYTIME SOON.VOTE ANYWHERE BUT FOR MILLIAN FOR MAYOR GIVE ME A BREAK.FREEDOM OF SPEECH IT IS.

Guest Angry Taxpayer
I would like to thank everyone who attended the meeting.

One of the concerns was not having our voice heard in town hall.  I promised I would have an answer A.S.A.P. here it is.

To have something placed on the Agenda for a town meeting, I was told to do the following:

Put your request in writing to the attention of the Mayor or Paul Zarbetski.  This request should be turned in at least two weeks prior to the meeting.  This is to allow the council & mayor to research your request.  This information was given to me by calling :Harrison Town Clerk

318 Harrison Ave, Harrison, NJ 973-268-2425

Other issues brought up at the meeting were:

Parking in town

Litter all over the streets (especially around the new High School on Schyler)

The way the town council is so careless with the budget

The Soccer Stadium

Cleaning Graffiti around the Path stop

Redevelopment and Developers Greed

Encouraging Candidates to run for office

We will be looking into these issues more closely in the up coming weeks.  We will also start to promote the Friends of Harrison P.A.C. throughout the town in means other than KOTW.

For those who have expressed interest in attending, but were not able to attend, we will be having another meeting Tuesday, April 11 at 7:00pm in the Spanish Pavillion.

HAVING SOMETHING "PLACED ON THE AGENDA" IS BULLSH-T. WE NEED AN OPEN PUBLIC SESSION WHERE RESIDENTS CAN STAND UP AND ASK A QUESTION OR MAKE A STATEMENT . GIVING 2 WEEKS NOTICE ?? THAT IS JUST AN OUTRAGEOUS SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL THE TAXPAYERS OF HARRISON. EVERY TOWN IN NJ EXCEPT HARRISON HAS AN OPEN PUBLIC SESSION AT THE BEGINNING OF THE COUNCIL MEETINGS WHEN RESIDENTS CAN STAND UP TO ASK A QUESTION, COMPLAIN ABOUT A PROBLEM, OR WHATEVER IS ON THEIR MINDS. REQUIRING A QUESTION IN WRITING 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE IS A BLATANT ABUSE OF THE RIGHTS OF HARRISON RESIDENTS TO ADDRESS THE TOWN COUNCIL. iIF THE TAXPAYERS OF HARRISON CONTINUE TO ALLOW THIS ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR BY THIS MAYOR AND COUNCIL THEN NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE. THEY WILL SPEND YOUR MONEY, RAISE YOUR TAXES AND CONTINUE TO SPIT IN OUR FACES WHILE THEY DO IT.

Guest Answer Him Tom Powell

Mr. Powell, I would like to see your answer to Mr. Fernandes question. How can you think a Stadium is good for traffic? If you bring up a bridge and a new off ramp, lets see that first, cause it may never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE KNOW YOU READ THIS SITE, I'VE HEARD YOU TALK ABOUT THIS SITE>>>>>>

Guest guest
Mr. Powell, I would like to see your answer to Mr. Fernandes question.  How can you think a Stadium is good for traffic?  If you bring up a bridge and a new off ramp, lets see that first, cause it may never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE KNOW YOU READ THIS SITE, I'VE HEARD YOU TALK ABOUT THIS SITE>>>>>>

Then why don't you ask him to his face? What happened to NO FEAR?

Guest Guest
Is that your solution to everything?  "If you don't like it go back to your country?"  I believe America is Mr. Fernandez' country.  In fact, America is everyone's country that is living here.  On a side note, Mr. Fernandez was born here/ What other country are you speaking about?

If you are so naive to think that the town of Harrison is fine, then you are sailing on the good ship lollipop.  Harrison has many problems, beginning with the increased water bill, and continuing on with the stupidity of trying to bring a stadium to this Town...

This IS America, which means we all have a right to stand up and do what is right.  Why should anyone move out because they dont' like it.  If everyone did that, there wouldn't be anyone left in this town other than the Mayor and his family. and a few other families that take up the town's employee list. It is good to see young people taking an interest in the Town of Harrison, and trying to do something about the issues that have irked many of us for quite a few years now. I think people have finally had enough and want to do something about it.  They want to protect their investments, and their children; Two things the Mayor doesn't have experience in.  Oh sure he has investments, but not in Harrison...try down the shore.

It is sad that people like you try to bring down people like Mr. Fernandez.  Why does his PAC bother you so much?  Do you have a town Job that you're worried about losing when the Mayor loses come this election?  If I were you I'd be worried.  People are fed up. And I believe this is the year that Harrison will begin with a clean slate.

mr fernandez ignore the bullshit ignorance that spews from the mouth of these hpd never would make it in the real world cops. it's clear they have to kiss ass in order to keep their sidejobs building lego tents. continue your mission and best of luck to you. :lol:

I am not the only one involved in Friends of Harrison Political Action Committee, therfore I will no longer be using the Screen name: Friends of Harrison P.A.C.

The Screen name will be used only if the group wants to announce something new.

Thank You for your support and I don't understand why anyone would write negative comments about this P.A.C. I started it only to protect the Harrisonians in town and yes, I consider my-self a Harrisonian and I'm proud of it.

"The history of the United States is the story of a great nation that was formed by brave and freedom-loving people from many lands. The men and women who built the United States came from almost every part of the world. They represented many different nationalities and religions. Through the years, the people and their descendants learned to live and work together, and to take pride in being Americans."

"In a democratic republic, the people as a whole exercise important controls over their elected leaders through elections, lobbying, and other processes. The leaders are expected to represent the interests of the people who elected them. If the voters believe that their interests have not been represented well enough, they may decide not to reelect the leaders. In this way, the voters in a democratic republic have some control over their government."

Quotes from: http://www.aolsvc.worldbook.aol.com

Michael,

Hello

Good luck with your endevor.

The residents of Harrison need someone to open their eyes.

Granted I no loger live there but I keep in touch with a few and with no voice or strength in numbers they feel helpless.

I loved growing up in Harrison lived there from 1962 to 1983

Regards 

Harrisonians have their eyes wide open. What they fear is intimidation to their livelihood.

Life evolves through different experiences. Mine have lead me to wear I am now. Harrisonians have had enough and might just be waiting to have someone like me to break this intimidation. Only those that should fear our INDEPENDENT Political Action Committee are persons who are not out for the best interest of Harrisonians.

Thank you for your kind words of support.

Michael Fernández

I am not the only one involved in Friends of Harrison Political Action Committee, therfore I will no longer be using the Screen name: Friends of Harrison P.A.C.

The Screen name will be used only if the group wants to announce something new.

Thank You for your support and I don't understand why anyone would write negative comments about this P.A.C.  I started it only to protect the Harrisonians in town and yes, I consider my-self a Harrisonian and I'm proud of it. 

"The history of the United States is the story of a great nation that was formed by brave and freedom-loving people from many lands. The men and women who built the United States came from almost every part of the world. They represented many different nationalities and religions. Through the years, the people and their descendants learned to live and work together, and to take pride in being Americans."

"In a democratic republic, the people as a whole exercise important controls over their elected leaders through elections, lobbying, and other processes. The leaders are expected to represent the interests of the people who elected them. If the voters believe that their interests have not been represented well enough, they may decide not to reelect the leaders. In this way, the voters in a democratic republic have some control over their government."

Quotes from: http://www.aolsvc.worldbook.aol.com

Mr. Fernandez,

I wish you the best. The very history of Harrison in modern times defines what bad government is. It is no less than astounding that the town's citizenry cannot speak before the council at their meetings.

The discussions on this messageboard tells the story of new developement in Harrison that is absolute LUNACY in the continued expansion of an already perverse human density. A poet can describe my hometown of Harrison as the bullseye in the most legendary corrupt county in the most legendary corrupt state in the entire USA and get little dispute.

For generations the right to vote for local representation in Harrison has been a hollow exercise, for the entrenched runs deep and wide.

It's a formidable task to offer an alternative to what Harrison's government has always been and I commend you for this effort. It will be like raising the dead.

Good luck sir!

Everyone can agree that taking the first step to get involved in and leading anything requires an agenda. I believe had Mr. Fernandez been closely involved in a medical problem or had a lost child or something equally important, he would have thrown himself into a foundation or something equally passionate and did his honest best to bring about change or at least make things better.

There appears to be little doubt that Mr. Fernandes has a very strong interest in protecting the property interest of his families business which he and his family have had a vested interest in for a good portion of his and his families life. When someone attacks or attempts to attack something which you hold dear you have two options. You can lay down, accept it and just let it happen without a wimper, or, you can fight with everything you have to prevent an injustice.

Having said that I want to say I am really glad he has chosen this cause to lead.

By forming this organization, Mr. Fernandez is risking much more then even he realizes, but I believe it is still worth it.

If he can get the support of just a few good reliable citizens he will influence change on many levels. I don't see this Mayor and Councel doing right by the citizens anytime in the future unless they are forced into the light by a political action group such as this one who will hold each and every one of them accountable.

Please don't wait until this effects you personally before you decide to get involved, it may be too late by then. I urge you to support this group of strong willed individuals as they take on the power that has existed for many many years.

There is indeed strength in numbers.

By the way I have lived in this town all my life and although I don't support his father in law for political office, I and my entire family will be supporting Mr. Fernandez in ways that even he will never know.

Guest Harrison Teacher

How can we take you seriously Mike when you are confusing "wear" with "where"? Are you educated at all? Or are you really just an extension of your Father-In-Law who couldn't spell either! Your timing to try and make trouble is consistent with that of your trouble making Father-In-Law, Milan. I hope you have learned the lesson of taking your grievances to the proper parties and having them resolved instead of making an a$$ of yourself in the public's eye. You can't speak, you can't spell, what can you do correctly????

Guest Guest

YOU ARE A HARRISON TEACHER? IS YOUR JOB SECURE? DO YOU REALY KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN OUR COMMUNITY? PROBABLY NOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE YOU PROBABLY DON'T EVEN LIVE IN TOWN, AND YOU ARE PROBABLY AN EXAMPLE OF NEPOTISM, AM I RIGHT? SO YOU ARE NOT A SUPPORTER OF MR. MILAN BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MR. HERNANDEZ AND WHAT HE IS TRYING TO DO IN OUR COMMUNITY. MR. HERNANDEZ IS SIMPLY BRINGING OUT ISSUES THAT THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY TALKS ABOUT EVERYDAY TO NEIGHBORS AND FRIENDS BUT THEY ARE AFRAID TO SPEAK OUT IN PUBLIC.... THEY KNOW THAT THEY WILL NOT BE HEARD........ HAVE A GOOD DAY AT SCHOOL, LEARN SOMETHING......................

Guest Interested Party
How can we take you seriously Mike when you are confusing "wear" with "where"?  Are you educated at all?  Or are you really just an extension of your Father-In-Law who couldn't spell either!  Your timing to try and make trouble is consistent with that of your trouble making Father-In-Law, Milan.  I hope you have learned the lesson of taking your grievances to the proper parties and having them resolved instead of making an a$$ of yourself in the public's eye.  You can't speak, you can't spell, what can you do correctly????

If the bozo living in the White House can't put a sentence together and he's the leader of the free world, I think we can forgive a grammatical or spelling error or two from Mr. Fernandez. You're throwing up a smoke screen to divert attention from his message. There are far more important issues facing this town than someone's ability to spell. Get over it.

How can we take you seriously Mike when you are confusing "wear" with "where"? Are you educated at all?

I graduated Union High School 1992

I graduated with Bachelors in the Science of Culinary Arts 1994

I graduated with an Associate in Business Management 1996

For the last 9 years I have managed and assisted in putting together a team to increase the sales of my business by over 200%.

My wife from Harrison just gave birth to a baby boy five months ago and boy does that change your life.

Or are you really just an extension of your Father-In-Law who couldn't spell either!

If it makes you feel better by putting people down, may God bless you. Remember, when they ran a campaign against Mr. Millan. The Mayor& Council used a phrase "pick a team player", not Millan.

Your timing to try and make trouble is consistent with that of your trouble making Father-In-Law, Milan.

Mr. Millan has taught me to handle my-self, in a manner that would make me proud to tell my son, of my accomplishments.

2002/10/30 Jersey Journal

Wed Pg 2, 462 words

Democratic split shakes up Harrison council elections Rose Duger, Journal correspondent

... Journal correspondent HARRISON -

The races for two council seats are shaping up as a showdown between feuding factions of the local Democratic party. In the First and Second wards, incumbent Democrats are facing independents aligned with Councilman Anselmo Millan, a Democrat who has broken away from the local party. Independent council candidates Nilda Perez in the First Ward and Antonio Silva in the Second Ward acknowledged that Millan invited them to run against incumbents O J....

I hope you have learned the lesson of taking your grievances to the proper parties and having them resolved instead of making an a$$ of yourself in the public's eye.

It is my belief that Mr. Millan lost his election due to a few lies that were spread about him. Someone seems to be spreading rumor about me too. They diminished all the hard work Millan accomplished, the SID (Special Improvement District)? The NPP (Neighborhood Preservation Program)? The Harrison Fest has shown a Profit, how has the Multi Cultural Fest done?

MR. MILLAN MIGHT HAVE MADE A FEW MISTAKES IN HIS PAST. ANYONE WHO WENT THROUGH, WHAT HE WENT THROUGH WAS CAPABLE OF MAKING SOME. THEY TOOK EVERY THING AWAY FROM HIM, TRIED TO DESTROY HIS CREDIBILITY, BUT HE'S A GOOD MAN, I’M PROUD OF HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS; I’M PROUD TO HAVE HIM AS FAMILY.

You can't speak, you can't spell, what can you do correctly????
This won't be my last grammar mistake; I never said I was perfect. Glad to see you’re paying so much attention to me.

By the way:

Only those that should fear our INDEPENDENT Political Action Committee are persons who are not out for the best interest of Harrisonians.

Guest Angry Taxpayer
I graduated Union High School 1992

I graduated with Bachelors in the Science of Culinary Arts 1994

I graduated with an Associate in Business Management 1996

For the last 9 years I have managed and assisted in putting together a team to increase the sales of my business by over 200%.

My wife from Harrison just gave birth to a baby boy five months ago and boy does that change your life.

If it makes you feel better by putting people down, may God bless you.  Remember, when they ran a campaign against Mr. Millan.  The Mayor& Council used a phrase "pick a team player", not Millan. 

Mr. Millan has taught me to handle my-self, in a manner that would make me proud to tell my son, of my accomplishments. 

2002/10/30 Jersey Journal

Wed Pg 2, 462 words 

Democratic split shakes up Harrison council elections  Rose Duger, Journal correspondent

... Journal correspondent HARRISON -

The races for two council seats are shaping up as a showdown between feuding factions of the local Democratic party. In the First and Second wards, incumbent Democrats are facing independents aligned with Councilman Anselmo Millan, a Democrat who has broken away from the local party. Independent council candidates Nilda Perez in the First Ward and Antonio Silva in the Second Ward acknowledged that Millan invited them to run against incumbents O J....

It is my belief that Mr. Millan lost his election due to a few lies that were spread about him. Someone seems to be spreading rumor about me too.  They diminished all the hard work Millan accomplished, the SID (Special Improvement District)?  The NPP (Neighborhood Preservation Program)?  The Harrison Fest has shown a Profit, how has the Multi Cultural Fest done?

MR. MILLAN MIGHT HAVE MADE A FEW MISTAKES IN HIS PAST. ANYONE WHO WENT THROUGH, WHAT HE WENT THROUGH WAS CAPABLE OF MAKING SOME.  THEY TOOK EVERY THING AWAY FROM HIM, TRIED TO DESTROY HIS CREDIBILITY, BUT HE'S A GOOD MAN, I’M PROUD OF HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS; I’M PROUD TO HAVE HIM AS FAMILY.

This won't be my last grammar mistake; I never said I was perfect.  Glad to see you’re paying so much attention to me.

By the way:

Only those that should fear our INDEPENDENT Political Action Committee are persons who are not out for the best interest of Harrisonians.

Michael ,

You have my support and you have my votes. As I stated previously, I, my family, friends and relatives have 16 votes that are NOT going to this mayor or any present councilperson. If your PAC can put forth a candidate for mayor or council, they can count on us to be first in line to vote for him/her. I will also contribute financially to that person. Good luck (and ignore these goons that can only criticize a misspelled word).

Archived