What A Joke

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

In todays Observer, Peter Higgins is quoted as saying, (in regard to the soccer stadium project and it's impact on parking and traffic) that the applicant has hired a traffic consultant, so there won't be any problem with circulation. WHAT !!!!

Let me try to understand this, a traffic consultant has the power to make traffic disappear ?? I guess he waves a wand and presto, no more cars. I wonder why Manhattan has never hired a traffic consultant, or the Port Authority. I'd love to see a traffic consultant work his magic at the tunnels at rush hour.

Peter, let me clue you in, traffic consultants work primarily with traffic light timing, to optimize the flow of traffic. They can't create more ways in and out of town or make traffic disappear, they don't control volume.

I can't wait to see FER Blvd. the first time there's a sell-out event . 20,000 people, potentially 5,000 cars or more, a 1,200 car parking garage.

Guest Guest
In todays Observer, Peter Higgins is quoted as saying,  (in regard to the soccer stadium project and it's impact on parking and traffic) that the applicant has hired a traffic consultant, so there won't be any problem with circulation.  WHAT !!!! 

Let me try to understand this, a traffic consultant has the power to make traffic disappear  ?? I guess he waves a wand and presto, no more cars. I wonder why Manhattan has never hired a traffic consultant, or the Port Authority. I'd love to see a traffic consultant work his magic at the tunnels at rush hour.

Peter, let me clue you in, traffic consultants work primarily with traffic light timing, to optimize the flow of traffic. They can't create more ways in and out of town or make traffic disappear, they don't control volume.

I can't wait to see FER Blvd. the first time there's a sell-out event .  20,000 people, potentially 5,000 cars or more, a 1,200 car parking garage.

Trust Pete there will be no traffic,what he says goes. If he said there will be no traffic, there will be no traffic.

Who are you to second guess him. He is the all wise and knowing. He is the King of the truth and most honest and faithful person on the face of the earth.

Guest Guest
In todays Observer, Peter Higgins is quoted as saying,  (in regard to the soccer stadium project and it's impact on parking and traffic) that the applicant has hired a traffic consultant, so there won't be any problem with circulation.  WHAT !!!! 

Let me try to understand this, a traffic consultant has the power to make traffic disappear  ?? I guess he waves a wand and presto, no more cars. I wonder why Manhattan has never hired a traffic consultant, or the Port Authority. I'd love to see a traffic consultant work his magic at the tunnels at rush hour.

I can't wait to see FER Blvd. the first time there's a sell-out event .  20,000 people, potentially 5,000 cars or more, a 1,200 car parking garage.

MR. HIGGINS ALSO QUOTES THAT THE CONSULTANT IS TO ADDRESS THE TRAFFIC AND PARKING, HE SAID "SO WE KNOW WE CAN HANDLE THE CIRCULATION" HOW THE HECK DO YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT YOU CAN HANDLE THE CIRCULATION OF TRAFFIC?..... IS SOMEONE GETTING PAID TO SAY YES????

MR. HIGGINS WHAT IS THIS? EXPLAIN TO YOUR COMMUNITY.......GIVE US ALL A BREAK WE ARE SICK AND TIRED......

Guest guest

Man! you said it! I wonder what happens when a ambulance or fire truck wants to get through? I remember before route 280 was built into Harridon, in the late afternoons, the traffic was backed up into Newark, inching its way along. It often took over 1/22 hr. to get from Broad St over to 4th St. I wonder what it'll look like when everyone is exiting the stadium? The traffic will be backed up to the wasu!!!

Guest Guest_harrisonian_*

:(

MR. HIGGINS ALSO QUOTES THAT THE CONSULTANT IS TO ADDRESS THE TRAFFIC AND PARKING, HE SAID "SO WE KNOW WE CAN HANDLE THE CIRCULATION"  HOW THE HECK DO YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT YOU CAN HANDLE THE CIRCULATION OF TRAFFIC?..... IS SOMEONE GETTING PAID TO SAY YES????

MR. HIGGINS WHAT IS THIS?  EXPLAIN TO YOUR COMMUNITY.......GIVE US ALL A BREAK WE ARE SICK AND TIRED......

Has anyone driven down F.E. Rodgers Blvd. from Jackson Street around 4:30 p.m. and had to sit in traffic - what is it going to be like when the stadium is there - the Town will be grid-locked, just like when there's an accident on 280 - who is the traffic consultant - does he come down in the middle of the night when there's no traffic??????

Guest Guest

Don't worry, you'll never see a sold out event at that stadium! :(

Guest guest
MR. HIGGINS ALSO QUOTES THAT THE CONSULTANT IS TO ADDRESS THE TRAFFIC AND PARKING, HE SAID "SO WE KNOW WE CAN HANDLE THE CIRCULATION"  HOW THE HECK DO YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT YOU CAN HANDLE THE CIRCULATION OF TRAFFIC?..... IS SOMEONE GETTING PAID TO SAY YES????

MR. HIGGINS WHAT IS THIS?  EXPLAIN TO YOUR COMMUNITY.......GIVE US ALL A BREAK WE ARE SICK AND TIRED......

Just one question when the town is swamped with traffic with this new headache, how are we going to get emergency vehicles through???? It is bad enought there is not a hospital close by, timing is everything when it comes to saving a life!!!! Squash the deal will you please, rush hour in and out of town daily is bad enough we really don't need the bull crap stadium, let them go to New york.

Just think how it will be when The Bears are playing the Devils are playing the PAC Center is open & The NY, LOL Red Bulls are playing Now we got traffic

Guest Sleepless in Harrison
Just think how it will be when The Bears are playing the Devils are playing the PAC Center is open & The NY, LOL Red Bulls are playing Now we got traffic

Why do we have to play host to a GERMAN - owned soccer team with a NEW YORK name ?? The mayor has said it will be the "centerpiece" of the re-development. What a crock !! All we're going to get out of this is traffic, noise and congestion. Pete Higgins has said there will be good "circulation" because a traffic consultant said so. HELLO !! The developer HIRED the traffic consultant. He was HIRED and PAID to say exactly what he said. Is Peter so naive as to believe that was an unbiased opinion ?? I think these developers and their attorneys found a gold mine in Harrison. And the residents are getting the shaft.

Guest Harrison Fools
Don't worry, you'll never see a sold out event at that stadium!
You Better Hope Their All Sold Out. If You Live In Harrison, Your Supporting The Stadium By Backing The $40,000,000.00 Bond

there is no problem, mr. pete has the situation under control, we dont care what happen after game, we will already have money and they can wait in traffic just like giants stadium. who care they wait , they come back next time there game an they buy anything town sell them. maybe we should charge toll to use 4th st.

we will make boocoo dollar towing all illegally parked cars.

Archived