free forums

oldfart56

:huh: some fool in morris county wants to shut your mouths!what ya gona do bout it? ktow print the name of this fool! and what he is wanting to do!!!!! :D;):lol:

:lol::blink: ktow tell us about pete biondis bill he put to the state! hey this will bring out realist forshure!!!! :lol::lol: man jersey is messed up what did you folks do?? :huh:

Guest Get It Right

Oldfart,

The site name is (K)earny (O)n (T)he (W)eb. KOTW not KTOW you moron. Check your posts, how many times must you get it wrong. I guess the guy in morris county isn't the only fool! :lol:

:lol:  :blink: ktow tell us about pete biondis bill he put to the state! hey this will bring out realist forshure!!!! :lol:  :lol: man jersey is messed up what did you folks do?? :huh:

:huh: hey fool you DO NOT GET IT YET! i post more than anybody and i did that to see how many will read that! its all about you!!!! just the way you post with your posting name get it! the webmaster knows! so do something HARD THINK WIT YO GRAY STUFF! DRAIN BREAD!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Studies and Observations
Oldfart,

The site name is (K)earny (O)n (T)he (W)eb. KOTW not KTOW you moron. Check your posts, how many times must you get it wrong. I guess the guy in morris county isn't the only fool!  :lol:

Try actually listening instead of just automatically discounting what Old Fart says..

THIS is the bill he's referring to..Notice it is a State Assembly Bill, NOT something that applies only to Morris County.

ASSEMBLY, No. 1327

STATE OF NEW JERSEY

212th LEGISLATURE

PRE-FILED FOR INTRODUCTION IN THE 2006 SESSION

Sponsored by:

Assemblyman PETER J. BIONDI

District 16 (Morris and Somerset)

SYNOPSIS

Makes certain operators of interactive computer services and Internet service providers liable to persons injured by false or defamatory messages posted on public forum websites.

CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT

As introduced.

An Act concerning the posting of certain Internet messages and supplementing chapter 38A of Title 2A of the New Jersey Statutes.

Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:

1. As used in this act:

"Information content provider" means any person or entity that is responsible, in whole or in part, for the creation or development of information provided through the Internet or any other interactive computer service.

"Interactive computer service" means any information system, service, or access software provider that provides or enables computer access by multiple users to a computer server, including specifically a service or system that provides service to the Internet.

"Internet" means the international computer network of both federal and non-federal interoperable packet switched data networks.

"Internet service provider" or "provider" means any person, business or organization qualified to do business in this State that provides individuals, corporations, or other entities with the ability to connect to the Internet through equipment that is located in this State.

"Operator" means any person, business or organization qualified to do business in this State that operates an interactive computer service.

2. The operator of any interactive computer service or an Internet service provider shall establish, maintain and enforce a policy to require any information content provider who posts written messages on a public forum website either to be identified by a legal name and address, or to register a legal name and address with the operator of the interactive computer service or the Internet service provider through which the information content provider gains access to the interactive computer service or Internet, as appropriate.

3. An operator of an interactive computer service or an Internet service provider shall establish and maintain reasonable procedures to enable any person to request and obtain disclosure of the legal name and address of an information content provider who posts false or defamatory information about the person on a public forum website.

4. Any person who is damaged by false or defamatory written messages that originate from an information content provider who posts such messages on a public forum website may file suit in Superior Court against an operator or provider that fails to establish, maintain and enforce the policy required pursuant to section 2 of P.L. , c. (C.) (pending before the Legislature as this bill), and may recover compensatory and punitive damages and the cost of the suit, including a reasonable attorney's fee, cost of investigation and litigation from such operator or provider.

5. This act shall take effect on the 90th day following enactment.

STATEMENT

This bill would require an operator of any interactive computer service or an Internet service provider to establish, maintain and enforce a policy requiring an information content provider who posts messages on a public forum website either to be identified by legal name and address or to register a legal name and address with the operator or provider prior to posting messages on a public forum website.

The bill requires an operator of an interactive computer service or an Internet service provider to establish and maintain reasonable procedures to enable any person to request and obtain disclosure of the legal name and address of an information content provider who posts false or defamatory information about the person on a public forum website.

In addition, the bill makes any operator or Internet service provider liable for compensatory and punitive damages as well as costs of a law suit filed by a person damaged by the posting of such messages if the operator or Internet service provider fails to establish, maintain and enforce the policy required by section 2 of the bill.

LINK

Guest Guest

What this bill will effectively do is insure that New Jersey does not become the Internet service provider of the country. These politicans do not want sites like KOTW, njpolitics.com, politicsandpayoffs.com and even the discussion boards on nj.com to exist. The truth hurts. The politicans would rather have nobody know that plans like the MetroStar deal in Harrison makes no financial sense. That the taxes in Kearny are going through the roof because of poor planning on the Mayor and council's part. That the War in Iraq was a big money pit. That selling our port security to an Arab country makes no sense. Let's hope that this legislation does not pass. Our freedom of speech is at stake. Message boards like KOTW protect our freedom of speech and our democracy.

What this bill will effectively do is insure that New Jersey does not become the Internet service provider of the country.  These politicans do not want sites like KOTW, njpolitics.com, politicsandpayoffs.com and even the discussion boards on nj.com to exist.  The truth hurts.  The politicans would rather have nobody know that plans like the MetroStar deal in Harrison makes no financial sense.  That the taxes in Kearny are going through the roof because of poor planning on the Mayor and council's part.  That the War in Iraq was a big money pit.  That selling our port security to an Arab country makes no sense.    Let's hope that this legislation does not pass.  Our freedom of speech is at stake.  Message boards like KOTW protect our freedom of speech and our democracy.

I agree with this guest. The thing I don't get is if it is a public forum and we chose to keep our identity secret, wouldn't that be our right to explain views with out worrying about retalliation? If I were to make fun of a cop, and my legal name and address was here no matter where I parked my car I'd get a damned ticket. The point is this is a stupid bill to pass. I also don't think it will pass, being the bill is being introduced to the Senate so if it somehow passes there it will still need to be passed by the House. Also does anyone know if this bill is bi-partisan?

Guest KOTW fan
I agree with this guest. The thing I don't get is if it is a public forum and we chose to keep our identity secret, wouldn't that be our right to explain views with out worrying about retalliation? If I were to make fun of a cop, and my legal name and address was here no matter where I parked my car I'd get a damned ticket. The point is this is a stupid bill to pass. I also don't think it will pass, being the bill is being introduced to the Senate so if it somehow passes there it will still need to be passed by the House. Also does anyone know if this bill is bi-partisan?

Its people like you that think that the bill will not pass and that don't write to their legislatures that wake up one morning and find that KOTW has shut down for fear of getting sued. I plan on writing to Senator Sacco and Assemblywoman Quigley and Assemblyman Prieto to let them know that I want freedom of speech and not censureship of discussion boards like KOTW.

Its people like you that think that the bill will not pass and that don't write to their legislatures that wake up one morning and find that KOTW has shut down for fear of getting sued.  I plan on writing to Senator Sacco and Assemblywoman Quigley and Assemblyman Prieto to let them know that I want freedom of speech and not censureship of discussion boards like KOTW.

I would write something but I can guarantee you that they won't listen to a 16 yr. old boy. But I will write something just to satisfy your desire of unplanned action. I don't agree with the bill, but I'm also trying to come up with a better idea so that their will be less of a chance of a bill with this type of content to be passed because if there is a different bill then the new bill would be obsolete

Archived